Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: The gift ideas thread. Because it's that time again. Already. The fuck?

Default Re: The gift ideas thread. Because it's that time again. Already. The fuck?

Quote Originally Posted by GrossMagic View Post
    This would make a great stocking stuffer for one of our underhanded board members for Xmas...
    Its like the Infinite Monkey Theorem, if you put X amount of monkeys in a room with a typewriter and ask them to give you Shakespeare 99% of them will fling their shit at you while the other 1% will masturbate in the corner.

Default Re: The gift ideas thread. Because it's that time again. Already. The fuck?

Somebody just delivered a giant box to my apartment and I opened it and inside it has an old-timey freestanding popcorn cart. Merry Christmas? What? I guess I have a popcorn cart.

You need to roll that cart over to the bars and sell bags for $5 after the bars close. You are now the popcorn lady. Hello, popcorn lady.

I feel like Milo must have felt when he opened the box with the tollbooth. It doesn't even say who it's from.

Gummi bear sultan miscorrections's Avatar

The Phantom Movie Theater!
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    Has anyone gone on a date with a sandwich recently? What base did you get to? Ham?

Make sure not to drown in Palm Oil River.
    Has anyone gone on a date with a sandwich recently? What base did you get to? Ham?

Quote Originally Posted by full on idle View Post
    You need to roll that cart over to the bars and sell bags for $5 after the bars close. You are now the popcorn lady. Hello, popcorn lady.
    Hahaa, that kind of rules.

Hannah, you could even carry around a few toppings and sell gourmet popcorn like maybe furikake or cocoa or something.

Curry. Curry popcorn is the best.

Atop Zardoz, wagging my pickle everywhere

"All of you coachella 'regulars' have nasty boy pussies and itchy dick4's on your asses.
    Why don't you all make like a tree and get chopped down and die. You all have been dreadfully mean to me.
    I Hate you. All of you. None of you will ever get to see a womans chest meat or finger blast hott cougies like me.
    Fuck you all. Consider this my resignation.
    Fair the well, you elitest scumbags."

Faxman75, who has clearly had enough

Quote Originally Posted by algunz View Post
    FEDCO

Do they still exist?
    haha, did you shop at the one on harbor blvd. back in the day? bought my first tape there, "dr. feelgood" by the crue!

Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Wahl has professional clipper sets for very reasonable prices

http://www.amazon.com/Wahl-79900B-Cl...tp_s2_edpp_url

I'm not sure if this is the exact model I have, but it's basically the same thing. I also rarely shave completely clean either and really like hair clippers.

EDIT: also, you can get these anywhere, like Target/Wal-Mart, CVS/Rite-Aid, etc
    they make them much more manageable for beards exclusively. one removable attachment with 6 or so different lengths. i give it a stamp of approval.

Quote Originally Posted by Courtney View Post
    I'm tempted to just get the Patti Smith and Keith Richards books for everyone on my list.
    the richards audiobook is great, especially when keith is reading a couple chapters...

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HandBanana View Post
    I'm pretty sure I want several of these to hold the remotes for my entertainment center
    last.fm
    8/23-24/14 FYF Fest - Expo Park //8/25/14 Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl // 9/6/14 Elvis Costello & Ben Folds - Hollywood Bowl
    9/12-14/14 Riotfest - Humboldt Park, Chicago, IL // 9/18/14 Neutral Milk Hotel - Hollywood Bowl

Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    the richards audiobook is great, especially when keith is reading a couple chapters...
    Oooh that does sound good.

well, maybe not literally. at one point he sounds wasted and then there is an obvious cut where he maybe sobered up? it's pretty funny. and he only does a small amount of narration...which i was kinda happy about, not the easiest to listen to for extended times. the rest is johnny depp and some british guy.

Hhaaa noted. Now I really have to get the audiobook. Checking the library right now.

it's available via torrent sites, too...if you swing that way.

Heh, I always forget about those sorts of options.

i got it off of:

Assembled.

Hahaaaa. No seriously wtf. Who sent you that? Who WOULD send you that? Do you have any relatives with a quirky sense of gifting humor?

Aunt and uncle. I got a call a bit ago saying it was from them and that I'm "hard to buy for but they know I like popcorn."

That's amazing.

You should consider setting up a sister business to the Ice Cream Man.

HS2.0 is going to be carazyyyy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hannahrain View Post
    PLURcenta

The bosses at my work bought these for all the ladies and gave them to us at the Christmas party tonight. Practical weaponry. Random, but awesome. I love my job.

http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/st...007000_325-7-0
    My name is Becca. Hi.

Facebook, yo.
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulDischarge View Post
    If it was supposed to be a joke, there'd be a cat in the picture somewhere. That's how you can tell, on the internet.

I need ideas for gifts for my parents and my fiancee's parents.

As most of you know, I am getting married next year. My mom is a very sentimental person and the past few weeks she has been "Last Christimas with my son at home" *waterworks* kind of deal. My fiancee's dad is the same kind of way with her. So, we want to get them a gift that says "Yes, we are leaving your guys' home, but we aren't leaving you."

We had the idea of putting together a photo album/scrapbook kind of thing through Kodak online. We upload the pics, create the book online and they mail it to us. But the deadline for that was two days ago... so there goes that idea.

This is where I need your guys' help. Have any ideas?
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatinisbad View Post
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.

Budget?

Wheels Of Cheese

You could get them life-sized cardboard cutouts of yourselves.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Yea I think a lot of men think they are bad ass, but a 12 year old with a AK can take me out I know ...... cr****

http://www.shutterfly.com/photo-books

Order deadline: December 19

Quote Originally Posted by Hannahrain View Post
    Budget?
    Umm... pretty cheap. We are both poor. But if you have any ideas whatsoever shoot em out and I will see if I could make it work.

Quote Originally Posted by Still-ill View Post
    You could get them life-sized cardboard cutouts of yourselves.
    I like your style.

Quote Originally Posted by Courtney View Post
    http://www.shutterfly.com/photo-books

Order deadline: December 19
    Thanks for thei Courtney! I havent checked out the site yet, but will do now. I just want to make sure they can get it to Canada by the 24th.
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatinisbad View Post
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.