Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: The gift ideas thread. Because it's that time again. Already. The fuck?

Default Re: The gift ideas thread. Because it's that time again. Already. The fuck?

Presents are okay and all, but clearly we all really need to be focusing on music-themed decorations.

14 in a row = 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012a, 2012b, 2013a, 2013b, 2014a, 2014b

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

Default Re: The gift ideas thread. Because it's that time again. Already. The fuck?

I'll bet that dude's neighbors love him hahaha
    last.fm
    6/15/14 Failure - Glasshouse // 7/9/14 Cloud Nothings/Metz - Roxy
    7/16/14 Planes Mistaken For Stars - Echo // 8/23-24/14 FYF Fest - Expo Park //8/25/14 Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl // 9/12-14/14 Riotfest - Humboldt Park, Chicago, IL
    9/18/14 Neutral Milk Hotel - Hollywood Bowl

Quote Originally Posted by Courtney View Post
    This is currently sitting in our guest bedroom. Built, of course.
    My name is Becca. Hi.

Facebook, yo.
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulDischarge View Post
    If it was supposed to be a joke, there'd be a cat in the picture somewhere. That's how you can tell, on the internet.

I used to know a kid who had all the really awesome Lego models. Airport. Police Station. Space Shuttle. Pirate Ship. He never played with 'em. Just built them and left them on the shelf. It killed me.

Still though, he's in prison now so I guess there's that.

Quote Originally Posted by rskapcat View Post
    This is currently sitting in our guest bedroom. Built, of course.
    Ha! My 9 year old cousin is receiving it.

Also now that I know that you have a guest bedroom, I'm totally coming to visit you every weekend.

Husband sticks to the Star Wars stuff. As long as the final display place is in the computer room, he can buy and build as many sets as he wants. I'm sure we will eventually have to purchase shelving for this purpose. I don't get it, but I suppose I wouldn't. With the vagina and all.
    My name is Becca. Hi.

Facebook, yo.
    If it was supposed to be a joke, there'd be a cat in the picture somewhere. That's how you can tell, on the internet.

Courtney, you can visit whenever you want!
    My name is Becca. Hi.

Facebook, yo.

Woohoo!

I'm not much of a gift person. I send out a lot of cards. (If any of you want one, PM me your address.) We only buy gifts for the parents and my grandma. Andy and I buy random crap all year...no reason to do presents for each other.

I sound like Eeyore. I love the holidays...I just prefer to keep them as stress-free as possible.
    My name is Becca. Hi.

Facebook, yo.

go for it!
    .................................................. ..............
    She added the phrase "meany head" to my profile.
    I hardly think I'm an attention whore.
    I train birds of prey and am I licensed falconer

last.fm
    7/16/14 Planes Mistaken For Stars - Echo // 8/23-24/14 FYF Fest - Expo Park //8/25/14 Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl // 9/12-14/14 Riotfest - Humboldt Park, Chicago, IL

Spirit hoods

My sister and I played the hell out of our legos...we had tons of sets (train set, space shuttle, monster trucks etc) and we would build all sorts of shit, leave it for a few days, then tear it all down. One time we even had our own lego Olympics and we built all these different courses for track and field, diving, equestrian etc.....then eventually, someone bought me a bubble gum maker thing for a gift, and the corn syrup somehow got dumped into one of our buckets of legos and they never recovered.

This is definitely a new idea:

Funeral home tries to cater to gay funerals with erotic caskets

Published: 15 Nov 10 09:24 CET

A Cologne funeral home is hoping to draw in gay clientele by offering erotic caskets with nude renaissance imagery or rainbow-coloured urns, along with other tailored services for homosexuals and their mourners.

A casket featuring the figures of muscular young men in athletic poses has been in the display case at Königsfeld & Brandl for the last three weeks.

The operators of the funeral home Thomas Brandl, 32, and Michael Königsfeld, 34, are themselves are a couple and aim to cater to both gays and lesbians in addition to straight customers.

Their ad reads: “Those who want a warmer, somewhat more fantastical departure, will find us to be a sensitive partner.”

They put gay customers in contact with special speakers and religious leaders for funeral services, organise natural burials in places where only other gays or lesbians have been laid to rest, arrange for graveside champagne toasts and colourful balloon decorations.

“There is also a casket in rainbow colours, but I think it looks awful,” Brandl says.

The mortician couple hopes tap into the community needs in the Rhineland city, one of Germany’s centres of gay culture where every tenth resident is estimated to be gay.

“Naturally there were people who threw their hands up in horror in front of the display window,” said Königsfeld.

But most passers-by are delighted by what they call their “gay caskets,” including women of a certain age, he added.

“We had a widow in the office whose husband we buried and she was quite taken with the firm young men on the casket,” he said.

In particular, women between the ages of 60 and 80 seem particularly open to the model, he said.

But one rival undertaker has called the caskets “borderline,” while another said he wasn’t sure such a casket provided a dignified burial.

Still Brandl and Königsfeld believe they are on the right track.

“It’s not easy for gays and lesbians to tell an undertaker that they must bury their life partner,” they said together in an advertisement. “In this most difficult of situations it is easier for them to have a contact person who understands them.”

http://www.thelocal.de/society/20101115-31177.html

So I asked Nick what he would like for Christmas, he said he wants clippers for this face. He doesn't like to clean shave very often but needs some sort of clipper to trim down his scruff. I am guessing this isn't like an electric razor... Where should I go to buy this? Any suggestion on brand/style/price range would be appreciated.
    Quote Originally Posted by SlowMotionApocalypse View Post
    I have snuck in weapons before
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    A butt plug is not a weapon.

I would just like to say how happy I am that my gift giving list shrunk so much this year.

re-usable wall decals

they also got mario
    G-funk acquired, thank you Coachella

Quote Originally Posted by Theijuiel View Post
    Don't watch Conspiracy Theory while on mushrooms.
    You know a festival is in the process of dying when you start to see sports jerseys there....

I'm tempted to just get the Patti Smith and Keith Richards books for everyone on my list.

I thought these were pretty awesome. If I skated, I would get all 6...

Quote Originally Posted by locachica73 View Post
    Where should I go to buy this? Any suggestion on brand/style/price range would be appreciated.
    FEDCO

Do they still exist?

I have never heard of it. I think I am going to check out Sally's and see what I find.

Quote Originally Posted by locachica73 View Post
    So I asked Nick what he would like for Christmas, he said he wants clippers for this face. He doesn't like to clean shave very often but needs some sort of clipper to trim down his scruff. I am guessing this isn't like an electric razor... Where should I go to buy this? Any suggestion on brand/style/price range would be appreciated.
    Wahl has professional clipper sets for very reasonable prices

http://www.amazon.com/Wahl-79900B-Cl...tp_s2_edpp_url

I'm not sure if this is the exact model I have, but it's basically the same thing. I also rarely shave completely clean either and really like hair clippers.

EDIT: also, you can get these anywhere, like Target/Wal-Mart, CVS/Rite-Aid, etc
    last.fm

Thanks to iTunes, The Beatles mono box set is now affordable from Amazon as a gift. Hopefully to me. Fingers crossed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cpt. Funkaho View Post
    Man, the Beatles were overrated like gravity is overrated. ......... Say what you want, but statements like "the Beatles were overrated" make me much less likely to listen to anything you say afterward.

Quote Originally Posted by yeahfontaine View Post
    I thought these were pretty awesome. If I skated, I would get all 6...

I want to skate on Joan Jett's face. And grind on Blondie's.

I found this yesterday at Munky King and bought it for a white elephant party. Fucking awesome.

http://www.youdoodoll.co.uk/home/
    Last edited by Drinkey McDrinkerstein; 12-08-2010 at 05:04 PM.
    last.fm

Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Wahl has professional clipper sets for very reasonable prices

http://www.amazon.com/Wahl-79900B-Cl...tp_s2_edpp_url

I'm not sure if this is the exact model I have, but it's basically the same thing. I also rarely shave completely clean either and really like hair clippers.

EDIT: also, you can get these anywhere, like Target/Wal-Mart, CVS/Rite-Aid, etc
    I think that's the one my brother has...great for manscaping! He uses it to shave his head, though
    Sean Penn Acid Test 2008 - Legendary

2008 , 2009, 2010, 2011 , 2012 wk1, 2013 wk2. 6 years running!

Hell or highwater, fire and brimstone, not even cancer is powerful enough to keep me from Coachella!

Thanks guys, that looks a lot more detailed then I was assuming, I probably would have gotten the wrong thing. I will check it out.

It's just nice to have all of the clips just in case. I use it to shave my head, but I also grow big beards and i like to have all fot eh different trimming options available.
    last.fm