Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 210 of 489

Thread: The gift ideas thread. Because it's that time again. Already. The fuck?

  1. #181
    old school Fourthisto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    3,193

    Default Re: The gift ideas thread. Because it's that time again. Already. The fuck?

    Presents are okay and all, but clearly we all really need to be focusing on music-themed decorations.

    14 in a row = 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012a, 2012b, 2013a, 2013b, 2014a, 2014b


  2. #182
    Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    DTLA, CA
    Posts
    21,178

    Default Re: The gift ideas thread. Because it's that time again. Already. The fuck?

    I'll bet that dude's neighbors love him hahaha
    last.fm
    6/15/14 Failure - Glasshouse // 7/9/14 Cloud Nothings/Metz - Roxy
    7/16/14 Planes Mistaken For Stars - Echo // 8/23-24/14 FYF Fest - Expo Park //8/25/14 Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl // 9/12-14/14 Riotfest - Humboldt Park, Chicago, IL
    9/18/14 Neutral Milk Hotel - Hollywood Bowl

  3. #183
    cat hoarder rskapcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    6,085

    Default Re: The gift ideas thread. Because it's that time again. Already. The fuck?

    Quote Originally Posted by Courtney View Post
    This is currently sitting in our guest bedroom. Built, of course.
    My name is Becca. Hi.

    Facebook, yo.
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulDischarge View Post
    If it was supposed to be a joke, there'd be a cat in the picture somewhere. That's how you can tell, on the internet.

  4. #184
    Coachella Junkie MissingPerson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    14,521

    Default Re: The gift ideas thread. Because it's that time again. Already. The fuck?

    I used to know a kid who had all the really awesome Lego models. Airport. Police Station. Space Shuttle. Pirate Ship. He never played with 'em. Just built them and left them on the shelf. It killed me.

    Still though, he's in prison now so I guess there's that.

  5. #185
    MENACING Courtney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    15,961

    Default Re: The gift ideas thread. Because it's that time again. Already. The fuck?

    Quote Originally Posted by rskapcat View Post
    This is currently sitting in our guest bedroom. Built, of course.
    Ha! My 9 year old cousin is receiving it.

    Also now that I know that you have a guest bedroom, I'm totally coming to visit you every weekend.

  6. #186
    cat hoarder rskapcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    6,085

    Default Re: The gift ideas thread. Because it's that time again. Already. The fuck?

    Husband sticks to the Star Wars stuff. As long as the final display place is in the computer room, he can buy and build as many sets as he wants. I'm sure we will eventually have to purchase shelving for this purpose. I don't get it, but I suppose I wouldn't. With the vagina and all.
    My name is Becca. Hi.

    Facebook, yo.
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulDischarge View Post
    If it was supposed to be a joke, there'd be a cat in the picture somewhere. That's how you can tell, on the internet.

  7. #187
    cat hoarder rskapcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    6,085

    Default Re: The gift ideas thread. Because it's that time again. Already. The fuck?

    Courtney, you can visit whenever you want!
    My name is Becca. Hi.

    Facebook, yo.
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulDischarge View Post
    If it was supposed to be a joke, there'd be a cat in the picture somewhere. That's how you can tell, on the internet.

  8. #188
    MENACING Courtney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    15,961

    Default Re: The gift ideas thread. Because it's that time again. Already. The fuck?

    Woohoo!

  9. #189
    cat hoarder rskapcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    6,085

    Default Re: The gift ideas thread. Because it's that time again. Already. The fuck?

    I'm not much of a gift person. I send out a lot of cards. (If any of you want one, PM me your address.) We only buy gifts for the parents and my grandma. Andy and I buy random crap all year...no reason to do presents for each other.

    I sound like Eeyore. I love the holidays...I just prefer to keep them as stress-free as possible.
    My name is Becca. Hi.

    Facebook, yo.
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulDischarge View Post
    If it was supposed to be a joke, there'd be a cat in the picture somewhere. That's how you can tell, on the internet.

  10. #190
    Cobra psychic friend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    valley girl
    Posts
    9,298

    Default Re: The gift ideas thread. Because it's that time again. Already. The fuck?

    go for it!
    .................................................. ..............
    She added the phrase "meany head" to my profile.
    I hardly think I'm an attention whore.
    I train birds of prey and am I licensed falconer

  11. #191
    Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    DTLA, CA
    Posts
    21,178

    Default Re: The gift ideas thread. Because it's that time again. Already. The fuck?

    last.fm
    6/15/14 Failure - Glasshouse // 7/9/14 Cloud Nothings/Metz - Roxy
    7/16/14 Planes Mistaken For Stars - Echo // 8/23-24/14 FYF Fest - Expo Park //8/25/14 Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl // 9/12-14/14 Riotfest - Humboldt Park, Chicago, IL
    9/18/14 Neutral Milk Hotel - Hollywood Bowl

  12. #192
    Coachella Junkie PlayaDelWes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Posts
    7,334

    Default Re: The gift ideas thread. Because it's that time again. Already. The fuck?

    Spirit hoods

  13. #193
    Bambi menikmati's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    North Hollywood, CA
    Posts
    15,060

    Default Re: The gift ideas thread. Because it's that time again. Already. The fuck?

    My sister and I played the hell out of our legos...we had tons of sets (train set, space shuttle, monster trucks etc) and we would build all sorts of shit, leave it for a few days, then tear it all down. One time we even had our own lego Olympics and we built all these different courses for track and field, diving, equestrian etc.....then eventually, someone bought me a bubble gum maker thing for a gift, and the corn syrup somehow got dumped into one of our buckets of legos and they never recovered.

  14. #194
    Coachella Junkie Ardentbiscuit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    6,680

    Default Re: The gift ideas thread. Because it's that time again. Already. The fuck?

    This is definitely a new idea:


    Funeral home tries to cater to gay funerals with erotic caskets

    Published: 15 Nov 10 09:24 CET

    A Cologne funeral home is hoping to draw in gay clientele by offering erotic caskets with nude renaissance imagery or rainbow-coloured urns, along with other tailored services for homosexuals and their mourners.

    A casket featuring the figures of muscular young men in athletic poses has been in the display case at Königsfeld & Brandl for the last three weeks.

    The operators of the funeral home Thomas Brandl, 32, and Michael Königsfeld, 34, are themselves are a couple and aim to cater to both gays and lesbians in addition to straight customers.

    Their ad reads: “Those who want a warmer, somewhat more fantastical departure, will find us to be a sensitive partner.”

    They put gay customers in contact with special speakers and religious leaders for funeral services, organise natural burials in places where only other gays or lesbians have been laid to rest, arrange for graveside champagne toasts and colourful balloon decorations.

    “There is also a casket in rainbow colours, but I think it looks awful,” Brandl says.

    The mortician couple hopes tap into the community needs in the Rhineland city, one of Germany’s centres of gay culture where every tenth resident is estimated to be gay.

    “Naturally there were people who threw their hands up in horror in front of the display window,” said Königsfeld.

    But most passers-by are delighted by what they call their “gay caskets,” including women of a certain age, he added.

    “We had a widow in the office whose husband we buried and she was quite taken with the firm young men on the casket,” he said.

    In particular, women between the ages of 60 and 80 seem particularly open to the model, he said.

    But one rival undertaker has called the caskets “borderline,” while another said he wasn’t sure such a casket provided a dignified burial.

    Still Brandl and Königsfeld believe they are on the right track.

    “It’s not easy for gays and lesbians to tell an undertaker that they must bury their life partner,” they said together in an advertisement. “In this most difficult of situations it is easier for them to have a contact person who understands them.”

    http://www.thelocal.de/society/20101115-31177.html

  15. #195
    Coachella Junkie locachica73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Phoenix
    Posts
    13,701

    Default Re: The gift ideas thread. Because it's that time again. Already. The fuck?

    So I asked Nick what he would like for Christmas, he said he wants clippers for this face. He doesn't like to clean shave very often but needs some sort of clipper to trim down his scruff. I am guessing this isn't like an electric razor... Where should I go to buy this? Any suggestion on brand/style/price range would be appreciated.
    Quote Originally Posted by SlowMotionApocalypse View Post
    I have snuck in weapons before
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    A butt plug is not a weapon.

  16. #196
    Coachella Junkie M Sparks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    12,115

    Default Re: The gift ideas thread. Because it's that time again. Already. The fuck?

    I would just like to say how happy I am that my gift giving list shrunk so much this year.

  17. #197
    old school juloxx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Babylon
    Posts
    4,072

    Default Re: The gift ideas thread. Because it's that time again. Already. The fuck?

    re-usable wall decals


    they also got mario
    G-funk acquired, thank you Coachella

    Quote Originally Posted by Theijuiel View Post
    Don't watch Conspiracy Theory while on mushrooms.
    You know a festival is in the process of dying when you start to see sports jerseys there....

  18. #198
    MENACING Courtney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    15,961

    Default Re: The gift ideas thread. Because it's that time again. Already. The fuck?

    I'm tempted to just get the Patti Smith and Keith Richards books for everyone on my list.

  19. #199
    Member yeahfontaine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Bellingham, WA
    Posts
    1,282

    Default Re: The gift ideas thread. Because it's that time again. Already. The fuck?

    I thought these were pretty awesome. If I skated, I would get all 6...


  20. #200

    Default Re: The gift ideas thread. Because it's that time again. Already. The fuck?


  21. #201
    Coachella Junkie algunz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Rustin' in Tustin
    Posts
    21,321

    Default Re: The gift ideas thread. Because it's that time again. Already. The fuck?

    Quote Originally Posted by locachica73 View Post
    Where should I go to buy this? Any suggestion on brand/style/price range would be appreciated.
    FEDCO




    Do they still exist?

  22. #202
    Coachella Junkie locachica73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Phoenix
    Posts
    13,701

    Default Re: The gift ideas thread. Because it's that time again. Already. The fuck?

    I have never heard of it. I think I am going to check out Sally's and see what I find.
    Quote Originally Posted by SlowMotionApocalypse View Post
    I have snuck in weapons before
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    A butt plug is not a weapon.

  23. #203
    Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    DTLA, CA
    Posts
    21,178

    Default Re: The gift ideas thread. Because it's that time again. Already. The fuck?

    Quote Originally Posted by locachica73 View Post
    So I asked Nick what he would like for Christmas, he said he wants clippers for this face. He doesn't like to clean shave very often but needs some sort of clipper to trim down his scruff. I am guessing this isn't like an electric razor... Where should I go to buy this? Any suggestion on brand/style/price range would be appreciated.
    Wahl has professional clipper sets for very reasonable prices


    http://www.amazon.com/Wahl-79900B-Cl...tp_s2_edpp_url

    I'm not sure if this is the exact model I have, but it's basically the same thing. I also rarely shave completely clean either and really like hair clippers.

    EDIT: also, you can get these anywhere, like Target/Wal-Mart, CVS/Rite-Aid, etc
    last.fm
    6/15/14 Failure - Glasshouse // 7/9/14 Cloud Nothings/Metz - Roxy
    7/16/14 Planes Mistaken For Stars - Echo // 8/23-24/14 FYF Fest - Expo Park //8/25/14 Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl // 9/12-14/14 Riotfest - Humboldt Park, Chicago, IL
    9/18/14 Neutral Milk Hotel - Hollywood Bowl

  24. #204
    old school MarkO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    I can hear them calling way from Oregon
    Posts
    4,592

    Default Re: The gift ideas thread. Because it's that time again. Already. The fuck?

    Thanks to iTunes, The Beatles mono box set is now affordable from Amazon as a gift. Hopefully to me. Fingers crossed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cpt. Funkaho View Post
    Man, the Beatles were overrated like gravity is overrated. ......... Say what you want, but statements like "the Beatles were overrated" make me much less likely to listen to anything you say afterward.

  25. #205

    Default Re: The gift ideas thread. Because it's that time again. Already. The fuck?

    Quote Originally Posted by yeahfontaine View Post
    I thought these were pretty awesome. If I skated, I would get all 6...

    I want to skate on Joan Jett's face. And grind on Blondie's.

  26. #206
    Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    DTLA, CA
    Posts
    21,178

    Default Re: The gift ideas thread. Because it's that time again. Already. The fuck?

    I found this yesterday at Munky King and bought it for a white elephant party. Fucking awesome.

    http://www.youdoodoll.co.uk/home/
    Last edited by Drinkey McDrinkerstein; 12-08-2010 at 05:04 PM.
    last.fm
    6/15/14 Failure - Glasshouse // 7/9/14 Cloud Nothings/Metz - Roxy
    7/16/14 Planes Mistaken For Stars - Echo // 8/23-24/14 FYF Fest - Expo Park //8/25/14 Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl // 9/12-14/14 Riotfest - Humboldt Park, Chicago, IL
    9/18/14 Neutral Milk Hotel - Hollywood Bowl

  27. #207
    Member GrossMagic's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    1,639

    Default Re: The gift ideas thread. Because it's that time again. Already. The fuck?


  28. #208
    old school eskamo951's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Valley of the Dirt People
    Posts
    3,343

    Default Re: The gift ideas thread. Because it's that time again. Already. The fuck?

    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Wahl has professional clipper sets for very reasonable prices


    http://www.amazon.com/Wahl-79900B-Cl...tp_s2_edpp_url

    I'm not sure if this is the exact model I have, but it's basically the same thing. I also rarely shave completely clean either and really like hair clippers.

    EDIT: also, you can get these anywhere, like Target/Wal-Mart, CVS/Rite-Aid, etc
    I think that's the one my brother has...great for manscaping! He uses it to shave his head, though
    Sean Penn Acid Test 2008 - Legendary

    2008 , 2009, 2010, 2011 , 2012 wk1, 2013 wk2. 6 years running!

    Hell or highwater, fire and brimstone, not even cancer is powerful enough to keep me from Coachella!

  29. #209
    Coachella Junkie locachica73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Phoenix
    Posts
    13,701

    Default Re: The gift ideas thread. Because it's that time again. Already. The fuck?

    Thanks guys, that looks a lot more detailed then I was assuming, I probably would have gotten the wrong thing. I will check it out.
    Quote Originally Posted by SlowMotionApocalypse View Post
    I have snuck in weapons before
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    A butt plug is not a weapon.

  30. #210
    Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    DTLA, CA
    Posts
    21,178

    Default Re: The gift ideas thread. Because it's that time again. Already. The fuck?

    It's just nice to have all of the clips just in case. I use it to shave my head, but I also grow big beards and i like to have all fot eh different trimming options available.
    last.fm
    6/15/14 Failure - Glasshouse // 7/9/14 Cloud Nothings/Metz - Roxy
    7/16/14 Planes Mistaken For Stars - Echo // 8/23-24/14 FYF Fest - Expo Park //8/25/14 Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl // 9/12-14/14 Riotfest - Humboldt Park, Chicago, IL
    9/18/14 Neutral Milk Hotel - Hollywood Bowl

Similar Threads

  1. The Official Who the fuck wants to go golf thread...
    By Deviate_420 in forum Music Lounge
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 08-14-2007, 12:20 PM
  2. fuck you, daylight savings time
    By tessalasset in forum Music Lounge
    Replies: 48
    Last Post: 05-26-2007, 02:21 PM
  3. american express gift card (PF)
    By lowfront in forum Questions
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-26-2007, 02:17 AM
  4. Time for Pete's Useless Thread of the Day
    By PineapplePete in forum Music Lounge
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-09-2007, 09:22 PM
  5. The New Dntel Apprecwhat The Fuck Is This Eno? Thread
    By PotVsKtl in forum Music Lounge
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 03-09-2007, 04:03 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •