Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: The gift ideas thread. Because it's that time again. Already. The fuck?

Default Re: The gift ideas thread. Because it's that time again. Already. The fuck?

You suck gifts.

Endearingly Dislikable RotationSlimWang's Avatar

Default Re: The gift ideas thread. Because it's that time again. Already. The fuck?

That reminds me, I would also like a gift of cock. I wear an XXXL.
    Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    Hannah, I don't know that pigs have big weiners, and my early 20's facination with dogs because of weiner size, I think. If that helps.

Regardless of whether or not you're implying that you don't have man parts, this is a gift ideas thread, not the I Want A Sex Change For Christmas thread.

You'll have to take that kind of thing elsewhere, or I'll be forced to pop caps.

Endearingly Dislikable RotationSlimWang's Avatar

NO CAPS PLZ.
    Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    Hannah, I don't know that pigs have big weiners, and my early 20's facination with dogs because of weiner size, I think. If that helps.

We made some ornaments today. They are way cool. Thanks again, Alma, for the great idea.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

Excellent. Can I see the final results?

Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    You shouldn't feel uncool for not going to EDC, you should feel uncool because you are uncool.

that's disturbingly cutesy. Also I'm not convinced that that's not some chick's hair. Someone went bald for that thing so it could creep me out.

Quote Originally Posted by thefunkylama View Post
    So here's something I do to make Christmas a little less about corporate head honchos making money off of me and a little more Hey Look What I Can Do When I'm Poor: I make my own ornaments, using plain glass ornaments and then adding my own color via acrylic paints.

I'm putting them in there because I also sometimes give them as gifts to folks because they are both fun and simple. Basically all you need to do is add your desired colors to the glass ornaments, shake or swirl as desired, and tip over in a paper cup to drain the extra paint and to dry. Sometimes if there's enough, you can pour the leftover paint into another ornament and get more life out of your paints. Doesn't work every time, though. Anyway. Here are some of my favorites from last year.

This picture doesn't really do the ornament justice, but you get the jist. it's blue and white and I always imagine it looks like waves.

This is the view from above. Somehow the perspective makes it look like the ornament is full, but it really isn't.

This one is like candy cane colors.

Two more views.

Also, as demonstrated above, you don't have to use multiple colors. This one is red metalic paint (clearly) in a glass ornament with a special finish. Technically these weren't meant for painting, but they look so amazing painted so I did it anyway.

This is one using red, green, and gold metallic paint. Just because of the nature of the paint, it didn't stick to the entire surface of the glass inside, so splotches formed. It actually looks really cool in person.

Anyway. There 'tis.
    VERY COOL!
    Absolutely love these!
    On friday we were brainstorming on xmas gifts for our students to make as gifts. Where can i find plain glass ornaments? Crafts store? I have never seen plain glass ornaments before.

You can get them at Michael's, or other art supply stores. Look for them to be coming out right about this time of year.

Also, something else I forgot to mention. You can get different sizes and shapes of glass ornaments. So, if you only have a tiny table-top tree, you should be able to find small shapes like hearts and squares or flat ones; or if you need really big fat huge ornaments, they have great round ones. They're out there.

Quote Originally Posted by RotationSlimWang View Post
    Look Zach, you cock-stomping Texas queerbait, if you don't appreciate that album you've been doing the wrong drugs. Also, your eastern european connection never came through. Boo to you on two counts, sir.
    randall,
    For the record, I like "In Rainbows" (even ordered the way too expensive boxed set so I could get the vinyl). I just knew better than to come around these boards reading 83 pages of cumguzzling knob sloppage. I'd say "In Rainbows" cracks my yearly top-10 but certainly not top-3. On this board, you'd think something akin to "The Velvet Underground & Nico" or "In the Aeroplane Over the Sea" was just discovered... It's good, but not transcendent... Maybe the 4th best album from Radiohead (certainly not any better than the 3rd best), and while it's better than 90% of the drivel that is shoved down our collective throats, it doesn't deserve a "song-by-song, listen-by-listen" breakdown. When Arcade Fire release their 2009 album and we hit triple digit pages in one thread, I'll know the apocalypse is not only real but impending.

As for the hookup, I find that hard to believe. You're the only person I know that didn't get their needs met. Now, let's discuss this issue in PM only from now on. I'll email him and see what he says.

P.S. Being the Christmas gift thread and all, if anyone living in the AZ desert can snag Randy a fucking peyote button, I'm pretty sure you'd make his Christmas. Just put a bow on that fucker, mail it in a perishable item freezer type deal to ensure maximum freshness, and then it's a fucking very merry Christmas indeed.

OK, so back to Christmas stuff...
    -----------------------

get a room, you two.

The Fat Possum newsletter says that until Christmas Eve, everything on their site will be less than ten dollars. Just so's y'all know.

Ooh thanks Hannah.

It looks like most things are exactly $10. Which is excellent for anyone who wants to give their nearest and dearest the gift of Andrew Bird, Dinosaur Jr or The Black Keys. Now that's love.

Yeah it is. It also sounds like Hannah is trying to drop hints about what to get her for christmas.

It's never too early to start thinking about gifts!!!

http://www.thinkgeek.com/homeoffice/gear/9400?cpg=cj

Quote Originally Posted by fiyahhh! View Post
    That is disturbing. Electricity and showers should not mix.

The ideal thing about the shower lite would be a flashing light to let you know you're running out of hot water before slathering on the conditioner, etc.
    Its like the Infinite Monkey Theorem, if you put X amount of monkeys in a room with a typewriter and ask them to give you Shakespeare 99% of them will fling their shit at you while the other 1% will masturbate in the corner.

All of these Think Geek gadgets are the perfect gift, because I'd never want to go out and buy any of these myself.

Good lord. What an obscure/needless bump.

I never saw this thread and the Alma ornaments. They're a good idea.

Alma, in The Happening (the Shyamalan movie Gabe and I saw today) the main female character is named Alma. That's what Zooey Deschanel's character is named and it made me think of you. You know, because you love M. Night Shyamalan.

Oh my god. Zooey Deschanel had the same name as me. TAKE THAT, HANNAH!!

Well, if she had my name, it might make my infatuation creepy. So. Suck it, I'm not jealous.

I like the shower light thingy, but not for an useful purpose it might have. Colored lights! Coming out of the shower!

Also, I made some Alma ornaments, and they turned out well.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

Bump..

Best gift ever!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=

cock in a box

Nice bump Ardent. Anyone have some ideas for groomsmen gifts?
    For your health

Quote Originally Posted by bluemamba View Post
    cock in a box
    i know you don't care, but you are setting up the inevitable response "or in your mouff"...jus sayin'