Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread: Bon Iver

Default Re: Bon Iver

I fucking forgot they were playing Berkeley and forgot to buy tickets. Whoops.

Wow, loser.

Quote Originally Posted by Ardentbiscuit View Post
    This is the equivalent of musical water boarding.

Quote Originally Posted by faxman75 View Post
    I love bon iver but don't care about this show. Just purchased for emma, ever ago on vinyl though i skipped the phoenix show. lkMostly cuz I detest fleet foxes. /buzzkill
    bad move

I don't like Fleet Foxes very much either, but would have for sure been at that show if I were in the area.

The murder capital where we murder for capital

Quote Originally Posted by suprefan View Post
    They aren't cool enough for him yet. He has to join all the cool kids a year later when he is playing Staples Centers to make him pay attention
    NAILED IT! This is pretty much what I do. I wait for indie artists to play Staples Center and then I RAWK hard to them.

Anyone seen set times yet for tonight at the Shrine?

I have not. I'm assuming, doors at 7, Other Lives at 8, then Bon Iver will go on 9ish.

Doors are at 7 for sure. Friend emailed the venue. Beyond that I don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by cutterbutter View Post
    I have not. I'm assuming, doors at 7, Other Lives at 8, then Bon Iver will go on 9ish.
    Thats what I am assuming - just wondering if anyone had heard anything else...

Hrm, someone on twitter:

Set Times for Bon Iver @ Shrine tonight 8- Other Lives, 9:15 - Bon Iver

Totally remembering I got pit tickets for this. Fuck yeah. Hope everyone enjoys the show!

via The Scenestar:

Set times for Bon Iver at the Shrine Auditorium:
    Other Lives 8:00pm
    Bon Iver 9:15pm

EDIT: what cutter said.
    Quote Originally Posted by roberto73 View Post
    I'd contribute to this discussion but I'm still busy reminiscing about the halcyon days of punk. You know, the mid-90s.

The group-mind is developing.

How much is parking at the shrine?

anyone have any idea what the Greek set times will be?

Guessing 6pm doors. Tm listing says 7, and that's prob show time. Curfew is 10.
    Last edited by suprefan; 09-19-2011 at 08:58 PM.

thanks chris. curfew gives me the info i need.

Yeah, its a thursday, so I would safely assume they would treat it like a sunday night and its early curfew.

So Bon Iver killed it tonight. Completely different show than the Hollywood Forever one. Really loud at times and alot of shredding involved. He mentioned it was the biggest crowd they've played in front of to date and they brought it. The crowd was respectful for the most part but the typical LA too cool for school attitude. Didnt stand up until pretty much the encore. Funniest part was when he stopped about 1/4 the way through Beth/Rest and said nah we're not playing that tonight. Maybe because it sounds like a Peter Cetera/Michael Bolton/Amy Grant/Top Gun Theme cover?

Got one of the tour posters and the kid at the merch booth already had the Radiohead-Roseland Ballroom T Shirt on. Was black w/ the orange tree limbs. He said they will be onsale online next week at the Webster Hall website? Which makes no sense. but whatever.
    Concert Schedule
    Dips All Day Everyday.
    http://instagram.com/moviebruin

Quote Originally Posted by moviebruin View Post
    So Bon Iver killed it tonight. Completely different show than the Hollywood Forever one. Really loud at times and alot of shredding involved. He mentioned it was the biggest crowd they've played in front of to date and they brought it. The crowd was respectful for the most part but the typical LA too cool for school attitude. Didnt stand up until pretty much the encore. Funniest part was when he stopped about 1/4 the way through Beth/Rest and said nah we're not playing that tonight. Maybe because it sounds like a Peter Cetera/Michael Bolton/Amy Grant/Top Gun Theme cover?

Got one of the tour posters and the kid at the merch booth already had the Radiohead-Roseland Ballroom T Shirt on. Was black w/ the orange tree limbs. He said they will be onsale online next week at the Webster Hall website? Which makes no sense. but whatever.

Ummmm, everyone sat during the entire Spreckels show on Friday, I dont know why you think thats a bad thing to sit through a concert. It makes sense with the t shirt, and the reason he had that is probably due to the fact that Bon Ivers manager is also one of Thom Yorke's/ Radiohead's manager.

Curfew was not 10 - he played til 11.

SO amazing when the mic went out on Beth/Rest. He seriously sang like the first three lines of the song, which all sounded like shit, and he knew it, and then just decided to skip the song. People were cheering. Haha.

Umm....yeah my friends and I got front row center. Front. row. center. I've never had that good of seats in my life. Closest I've ever been to him. Got tons of videos, cept fucking Daniel Faraday's hat was in my way the whole time.

The set was ridiculous once again. Played the same stuff as San Diego, in a different order, with no Beth/Rest but added in the Bjork cover. So they must be sticking to those songs. Aka no Lump Sum and no Blindsided. Cause other than Lisbon, they play the whole new album. Also would love some Brackett or Roslyn but obviously he can't sing that without a chick.

Creature Fear, dude. Just...wow. Absolutely the song of the night, two nights in a row. That song takes my breath away. I can't wait for tomorrow. They have pretty long shows, but they seem to end so quickly. I could easily see them play for a few hours more each night. And I would KILL for a Lovin's for Fools cover, but I know we won't get that again.

Roll call for Gibson tomorrow night!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ardentbiscuit View Post
    This is the equivalent of musical water boarding.

Loved the show, Blood Bank was my surprise highlight. Lost my fucking credit card on the walk back to the car though, and my shoe cut the shit out of my Achilles tendon, and I got splashed by mud. That walk back was a bitch.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Remember Hitler? I don't but here we are again .. cr****

I'm not 100% sure but I think tonight's show was the best concert I've ever been to. Incredible. I am sure that Colin Stetson's solo was the coolest thing I have ever witnessed. (Been playing his album for months, was so pleased to see that).

Yeah, insanely good show tonight. Creature Fear was one of the best things at any show I've seen by any band ever. Seriously.

One of the best shows of the year, but for me not the best. I think people might be overhyping these shows a bit. The new songs all sounded wonderful, but it was the old songs that fully utilized the lighting that were really jawdropping.

And yeah, moviebruin, this was a sit down show. How you could think that people sitting meant they have a too cool for school attitude is pretty odd.
    10/24 - Warhol - Royce Hall
    10/28 - Ben Frost/Tim Hecker - Los Globos
    11/05 - Pissed Jeans - Los Globos (?)
    11/08 - Seu Jorge - Luckman (?)
    11/09 - Slowdive - Ace

Quote Originally Posted by getbetter View Post
    I finally made it through a listen of Sun Kil Moon - Benji and had put it on maybe 4 times til I could finally feel mentally like, "just fuck it just let this guy blabber on" while I'm doing paperwork .
    last.fm, if you care

Twitter, if you dare

So my roommate is convinced Justin Vernon's brother lives in our building, ever since a recent article stated he does live in our neighborhood and then she checked and there is someone with the last name Vernon in our building. Aaaand that's the gist of it
    Quote Originally Posted by roboto View Post
    And stinkbutt leaving a motorhead set when you know he's dying just to talk shit ? Your a shitty person as well .please let mja give you an anal love disease .

Quote Originally Posted by TallGuyCM View Post
    Yeah, insanely good show tonight. Creature Fear was one of the best things at any show I've seen by any band ever. Seriously.

One of the best shows of the year, but for me not the best. I think people might be overhyping these shows a bit. The new songs all sounded wonderful, but it was the old songs that fully utilized the lighting that were really jawdropping.

And yeah, moviebruin, this was a sit down show. How you could think that people sitting meant they have a too cool for school attitude is pretty odd.
    Minnesota, Wi had my favorite lighting of the night, when they were flashing the two colors onto the bodies of the band on a mostly black backdrop. It was stunning.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Remember Hitler? I don't but here we are again .. cr****

Quote Originally Posted by TallGuyCM View Post

I'm not saying people should be standing the entire night. I just think for the more rocking songs you would think people would rise up off their seats? As folky as his music is, it's essentially still a rock show. It had to take him say everyone stand up for people to do it. What was definitely annoying was w/ our aisle seats during the first 2 songs we couldn't see shit, except peoples asses because everyone was coming back late from the bar and somehow all forgot how the alphabet works to find their seats w/o 15 mins of help from the ushers. Just a minor complaint to an otherwise great show. However, I do feel James Blake at the Music Box last night was more memorable. Which I didn't expect to happen when first buying these tixs.
    Concert Schedule
    Dips All Day Everyday.

Quote Originally Posted by moviebruin View Post
    I'm not saying people should be standing the entire night. I just think for the more rocking songs you would think people would rise up off their seats? As folky as his music is, it's essentially still a rock show. It had to take him say everyone stand up for people to do it. What was definitely annoying was w/ our aisle seats during the first 2 songs we couldn't see shit, except peoples asses because everyone was coming back late from the bar and somehow all forgot how the alphabet works to find their seats w/o 15 mins of help from the ushers. Just a minor complaint to an otherwise great show. However, I do feel James Blake at the Music Box last night was more memorable. Which I didn't expect to happen when first buying these tixs.
    You just go to these shows to look cool, admit it.

Quote Originally Posted by suprefan View Post
    You just go to these shows to look cool, admit it.
    Nah the shows are for the music. The afterparties are to look cool at. Also forgot to mention, tonight's crowd looked especially good. One of the best looking crowds at any concert I've been to since Jack Johnson/Ben Harper at the Bowl (yeah I said it).
    Concert Schedule
    Dips All Day Everyday.