Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread: Bon Iver

Default Re: Bon Iver

Tonight! Will report later
    Quote Originally Posted by roboto View Post
    And stinkbutt leaving a motorhead set when you know he's dying just to talk shit ? Your a shitty person as well .please let mja give you an anal love disease .

Quote Originally Posted by tessalasset View Post
    There looks to be a good chance I'll have an extra ticket to the San Diego show on Fri 9/16. I think it was about $50, probably less tho. Anyone on here interested?
    bump for new page.

Quote Originally Posted by Ardentbiscuit View Post
    This is the equivalent of musical water boarding.

The show was great tonight, lots of energy and amazing sound.
    Quote Originally Posted by roboto View Post
    And stinkbutt leaving a motorhead set when you know he's dying just to talk shit ? Your a shitty person as well .please let mja give you an anal love disease .

excited for the PHX show!!!

Kevin Tong poster for show next month.

I thought it was for the entire north american tour aka I'm buying one on Friday. Incorrect?

It's for the NA tour as it says on the poster... AKA we are all buying this Tong poster cus he is the master.

Ken Taylor for the past leg

Horkey poster from the Milwaukee show
    Last edited by cutterbutter; 09-12-2011 at 04:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by swhite423 View Post

Kevin Tong poster for show next month.
    Ugh. Want.

Quote Originally Posted by cutterbutter View Post
    It's for the NA tour as it says on the poster... AKA we are all buying this Tong poster cus he is the master.

Ken Taylor for the past leg

Horkey poster from the Milwaukee show
    Not feeling these two at all.

Boris - 7/29 - The Mohawk
    NIN/Soundgarden/ - 8/14 - Austin 360
    Woods - 8/20 - Holy Mountain
    Jamie xx - 8/27 - The Mohawk
    Little Dragon - 8/31 - Moody Theater
    Ty Segall - 9/5 - The Mohawk
    Seth Troxler - 9/5 - Vulcan Gas Company
    Black Lips/King Khan & BBQ Show - 9/12 - J. Lorraine Ghost Town

I actually like the Ken Taylor one better than mine.

we just released 20 tickets for tonights show in San Diego! Get em while you can, its gonna be a good one!

That's not uncommon.
    Arcade Fire - Sir Richard Bishop, Bill Orcutt - Spoon - Paul McCartney - Steve Gunn - Beserktown Fest - Slint - Sleep - Swans - Owen Pallett - Neutral Milk Hotel - Chris Thile & Edgar Meyer - Bobby Bradford Quartet - Matana Roberts - Wadada Leo Smith, Anthony Braxton - Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers - Songs for Unseen Warhol Films - Ben Frost, Tim Hecker, Pete Swanson - Ryoji Ikeda - Slowdive - A Winged Victory for the Sullen - John Zorn Marathon

And that means we can't give anyone a heads up about it happening?

Sorry, misread your "..." as some kind of shock or surprise. Good looking out.
    Arcade Fire - Sir Richard Bishop, Bill Orcutt - Spoon - Paul McCartney - Steve Gunn - Beserktown Fest - Slint - Sleep - Swans - Owen Pallett - Neutral Milk Hotel - Chris Thile & Edgar Meyer - Bobby Bradford Quartet - Matana Roberts - Wadada Leo Smith, Anthony Braxton - Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers - Songs for Unseen Warhol Films - Ben Frost, Tim Hecker, Pete Swanson - Ryoji Ikeda - Slowdive - A Winged Victory for the Sullen - John Zorn Marathon

Ahh no. You can't submit just a quote. Has to have at least 3 characters in there.

Gotcha.

Btw, anyone going to shows that Other Lives are opening - don't skip them! I love their stuff, actually pretty excited to see them live.

Quote Originally Posted by cutterbutter View Post
    Where did you see that posted Cutter? Will be in San Diego tmrw night. Considering going if they release tixs and they come on after the Mayweather/Ortiz bout.
    Concert Schedule
    Dips All Day Everyday.
    http://instagram.com/moviebruin

@boniver on twitter. 2~ hours ago.

I saw on twitter:

https://twitter.com/#!/boniver/statu...74057203253248

I imagine this was posted on facebook too.

Probably worth your while to follow @casbahsandiego , they posted about it earlier (what times they were released to the box office etc): see

https://twitter.com/#!/casbahsandiego

I want all of those posters.

Also, for those of you who aren't big fans of Beth/Rest as it is on the album, there's this acoustic version that might pique your interest instead.

Beth/Rest was the only song last night that i didn't like. Just can't get into it.

Tonight was RIDICULOUS.

1st off, Spreckels rules. I've never been there and had no idea how intimate it was. I was in the 8th row on an aisle and I felt like I was watching them at the El Rey. So glad my first time seeing their new material was in this venue instead of the Shrine or Gibson.

They played mostly new material...for a while it felt like they were playing the album straight through, and I loved it. Sounded impeccable, and with the perfect amount of embellishment. Hinnom, TX unexepectedly took my breath away. I'm not even that big of a fan of that song on the album but live, it was a whole different beast. And Creature Fear....jesus. I've never heard it played like that before. So intense. That was the word of the night. Actually, intense and stunning.

I don't want to give any more away for the upcoming LA shows but I gotta say, Bon Iver is only the second band (after Sigur Ros) to make me remind myself to keep breathing. Nothing will ever compare to the atmosphere of the Cemetery show in 09, but this was hands down the best I've ever seen them. I can't WAIT for the upcoming week. I love the full band. Everyone works so well. And I love watching Justin as the conductor of this beautiful orchestra. Everyone together waiting for his cue. It's captivating to experience.

So yeah, if anyone has an extra ticket for Saturday night's show, please hit me up.

PS - I just can not get into Other Lives. I've tried getting into both their albums, tried Animals a few times actually, and tonight too. On paper, I should love this band, what with the amount of string instruments alone. And while they are talented musicians for sure, there's not a single memorable song. All of them sound the same. They sound pretty good as they're being played, but I immediately forget them as soon as they're done. Nothing sticks out. I dare say I wish they were poppier. At least some kind of hook, even subtle. There's just nothing there for me. But I'll give em three more tries at least. See if I come around.

Last edited by suprefan; 09-17-2011 at 01:58 PM.

I am way beyond excited for the show tonight.

So I didn't go tonight, but holy shit I just found the best guy's videos on youtube right now. The audio gets a teensy bit muffled with bass but overall really freakin good. I'm living tonight vicariously through these videos right now.

This is not a tour to be missed. So fucking incredible. Intense is an understatement.

The murder capital where we murder for capital

I love bon iver but don't care about this show. Just purchased for emma, ever ago on vinyl though i skipped the phoenix show. lkMostly cuz I detest fleet foxes. /buzzkill

So I didn't go tonight, but holy shit I just found the best guy's videos on youtube right now. The audio gets a teensy bit muffled with bass but overall really freakin good. I'm living tonight vicariously through these videos right now.

amazing. can't wait for monday.

faxman you are insane and you better have been drunk when you made that statement.

faxman you are insane and you better have been drunk when you made that statement.
    What Tessa said, Mark. Seriously. I loved the opener at the Dallas show (Kathleen Edwards), but I wouldn't have cared if Sublime With Rome had opened...I would've been at that fucking show.
    My name is Becca. Hi.

Facebook, yo.
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulDischarge View Post
    If it was supposed to be a joke, there'd be a cat in the picture somewhere. That's how you can tell, on the internet.

They aren't cool enough for him yet. He has to join all the cool kids a year later when he is playing Staples Centers to make him pay attention