Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 193

Thread: Celebrity Meeting Thread

  1. #1
    Coachella Junkie luckyface's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    7,945

    Default Celebrity Meeting Thread

    In honor of tonight, I thought a thread where you talk about your encounters with celebrities would be kind of interesting. You can talk about past meetings or if you are going to anything that will allow you to meet a celebrity or two. By celebrity, I mean a famous actor, musician/group, pro athlete, writer, artist, etc.

    While I have been fortunate enough to meet many a celebrity in my time, I think tonight I am meeting the best one ever:



    Anyone else hear about/going to his book signing?
    For your health

  2. #2
    Member Cpt. Funkaho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Fairbanks, Alaska
    Posts
    2,071

    Default Re: Celebrity Meeting Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by luckyface View Post
    While I have been fortunate enough to meet many a celebrity in my time, I think tonight I am meeting the best one ever:

    Is very nice. I like.
    Quote Originally Posted by youguysallsuckfatcock View Post
    now you guys are really pissing me off. especiall you walrus fucker

  3. #3
    zeezus amyzzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Arizzzona
    Posts
    41,095

    Default Re: Celebrity Meeting Thread

    paging Stef to thread. paging Stef.
    Quote Originally Posted by concertgoer View Post
    You better stop because he can shut down this message board with one call.

  4. #4

    Default Re: Celebrity Meeting Thread

    i ve met many celebrites. i run into alot at the sf giants games. owen and luke wilson, andre agassi, robin williams. and then i went to the mr and mrs smith premire and i got brad pits auto graph and shook angelina jolies hand.
    Quote Originally Posted by menikmati View Post
    Make up rumors of who's playing > keep track of who's confirmed > whine about where the lineup is > lineup announced! > bitch about how the lineup sucks > whine about what bands will be added > bands finally added! > whine about where set times are > set times finally announced! > bitch about how set times suck > goto show > come back and say Coachella was best ever! > start rumors for next year

  5. #5
    Peaceful Oasis TomAz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Zenith, Winnemac
    Posts
    41,040

    Default Re: Celebrity Meeting Thread

    can we talk about bowie handjobs here?

  6. #6
    Rover canexplain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Aurora Colorado
    Posts
    15,042

    Default Re: Celebrity Meeting Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by mvanwinkle View Post
    i ve met many celebrites. i run into alot at the sf giants games. owen and luke wilson, andre agassi, robin williams. and then i went to the mr and mrs smith premire and i got brad pits auto graph and shook angelina jolies hand.
    wow, thats cool ... met a few too, most famous nixon, but i posted that here before ... canx**
    Have Another Hit Of Colorado Sunshine

  7. #7
    Member drugks Gillespie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Scottsdale
    Posts
    412

    Default Re: Celebrity Meeting Thread

    I smoked a bowl with Danny Carey after a PLC show once.
    I've encountered a few celebs while working in restaurants. Here we go:
    Mike Tyson, Michael Jordan, Derek Jeter, Chuck D, Gene Hackman, Ludacris(ha,ha), Tommy Lee and Mr. Lif both at Coachella walking around. Nick Warren, everyone from Metric, David Spade, Topher Grace, and the actor that played Pedro on ND. Really they are all just people except for Danny Carey and MJ. Almost forgot Wayne Gretzky, Mario Lemieux (spelled wrong), and lots of D-backs over the years.
    Last edited by drugks Gillespie; 11-07-2007 at 02:52 PM.

  8. #8
    Member drugks Gillespie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Scottsdale
    Posts
    412

    Default Re: Celebrity Meeting Thread

    Oh yeah and Barry Bonds is a HUGE COCKSUCKER. Its a fact.

  9. #9
    old school Tylerdurden31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY...the non-hipster part
    Posts
    3,847

    Default Re: Celebrity Meeting Thread

    met Lenny Kaye, guitarist for Patti Smith. My girlfriend went to high school with his daughter. I shook his hand and felt like I was gonna break it.

    Captain Lou Albano in a traffic jam on I-4 in Orlando.

    Toto Miranda of the Octopus Project...he was kind of an asshole at the time.

  10. #10
    Member Cpt. Funkaho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Fairbanks, Alaska
    Posts
    2,071

    Default Re: Celebrity Meeting Thread

    I met Donald Rumsfeld a couple months before he got the boot as Secretary of Defense. I neglected to spit in his face as it would very likely have got me killed.

    At the same time I met Roman Abramovitch, who I guess is one of the richest men in the world. What I do know is that he owns Chelsea FC and said I could sit in the owner's box with him if I come to see a game. I'm contemplating a special trip just to make that happen.

    I had dinner with Bill Gates and George Lucas last summer. It was funny because George Lucas did all the talking, and Bill Gates was too polite to get a word in edgewise. Later there was contradancing. Bill was drunk.
    Quote Originally Posted by youguysallsuckfatcock View Post
    now you guys are really pissing me off. especiall you walrus fucker

  11. #11
    Coachella Junkie luckyface's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    7,945

    Default Re: Celebrity Meeting Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Tylerdurden31 View Post
    Captain Lou Albano in a traffic jam on I-4 in Orlando.
    Hahahahaha. This sounds like an awesome story.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cpt. Funkaho View Post
    I had dinner with Bill Gates and George Lucas last summer. It was funny because George Lucas did all the talking, and Bill Gates was too polite to get a word in edgewise. Later there was contradancing. Bill was drunk.
    How did you pull this off?
    For your health

  12. #12
    Member Cpt. Funkaho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Fairbanks, Alaska
    Posts
    2,071

    Default Re: Celebrity Meeting Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by luckyface View Post
    How did you pull this off?
    It was at the memorial for Susan Butcher, a famous dog musher you may have heard of. Both Lucas and Gates were personal friends.

    At dinner, they were sitting next to each other and no one was sitting across from them. I went over and asked if I could sit there, and they said sure. We talked for about an hour.

    Funny story: George Lucas has three daughters who were there: two are hot, and both are taken. The third is not very hot. She's addicted to social-networking sites. She Facebook-friended me on Facebook from the memorial dinner on her Sidekick.
    Quote Originally Posted by youguysallsuckfatcock View Post
    now you guys are really pissing me off. especiall you walrus fucker

  13. #13
    Rover canexplain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Aurora Colorado
    Posts
    15,042

    Default Re: Celebrity Meeting Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Cpt. Funkaho View Post
    I met Donald Rumsfeld a couple months before he got the boot as Secretary of Defense. I neglected to spit in his face as it would very likely have got me killed.

    At the same time I met Roman Abramovitch, who I guess is one of the richest men in the world. What I do know is that he owns Chelsea FC and said I could sit in the owner's box with him if I come to see a game. I'm contemplating a special trip just to make that happen.

    I had dinner with Bill Gates and George Lucas last summer. It was funny because George Lucas did all the talking, and Bill Gates was too polite to get a word in edgewise. Later there was contradancing. Bill was drunk.
    wow, I'm impressed and thats not an easy thing to do ... ron**
    Have Another Hit Of Colorado Sunshine

  14. #14
    Member Cpt. Funkaho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Fairbanks, Alaska
    Posts
    2,071

    Default Re: Celebrity Meeting Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    wow, I'm impressed and thats not an easy thing to do ... ron**
    Just a matter of being in the right place at the right time. I didn't have a whole lot to do with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by youguysallsuckfatcock View Post
    now you guys are really pissing me off. especiall you walrus fucker

  15. #15
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Denvah
    Posts
    8,516

    Default Re: Celebrity Meeting Thread

    Its the wonderful world of curling that will get you to a place where you can hobnob with the elite.

  16. #16
    old school Tylerdurden31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY...the non-hipster part
    Posts
    3,847

    Default Re: Celebrity Meeting Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by luckyface View Post
    Hahahahaha. This sounds like an awesome story.
    I must've been 10 or 12. We were on our way to the airport from my grandfather's place and there was major traffic. Capt. Lou was on his way to Universal Studios for a wrestling event...of course. He was a totally cool guy. My dad actually seemed more excited than anyone else in the car. My dad's been watching pro wrestling since like 1960 something.

  17. #17
    Member Cpt. Funkaho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Fairbanks, Alaska
    Posts
    2,071

    Default Re: Celebrity Meeting Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by J~$$$ View Post
    Its the wonderful world of curling that will get you to a place where you can hobnob with the elite.
    What's funny is that despite playing quasi-professionally for a few years, I pretty much never met any of the world's really great curlers (Kevin Martin, Russ Howard, etc.)

    That said, I do know all of the US women on our Olympic squad, and I've curled pretty frequently with Jessica Schultz (one of the members), since she's from Anchorage.
    Quote Originally Posted by youguysallsuckfatcock View Post
    now you guys are really pissing me off. especiall you walrus fucker

  18. #18
    Peaceful Oasis TomAz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Zenith, Winnemac
    Posts
    41,040

    Default Re: Celebrity Meeting Thread

    A complete and thorough list of celebrity curlers:




















    .

  19. #19
    Pedley Rocks JustSteve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    the Beach of Newport
    Posts
    12,206

    Default Re: Celebrity Meeting Thread

    wow, everyone's toes' must really hurt from dropping all those names!

  20. #20
    Coachella Junkie
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    10,594

    Default Re: Celebrity Meeting Thread

    damn man, i wanted to start thread one day. oh well, too bad for me :-/

    people ive met

    Jaime Moreno (famous DC United captain)
    Felix da Housecat
    Ken from The Crystal Method
    the drummer from Shout Out Out Out
    and Deep Dish (both Dubfire and Sharam)

    I almost got to meet Velvet Revolver, but that didnt work out :-/.

  21. #21
    zeezus amyzzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Arizzzona
    Posts
    41,095

    Default Re: Celebrity Meeting Thread

    I didn't think musicians would count in this thread. Everyone here is a music fan, so it is highly likely that most of us has met a famous musician.
    Quote Originally Posted by concertgoer View Post
    You better stop because he can shut down this message board with one call.

  22. #22
    Coachella Junkie Mr. Dylanja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    The Nix
    Posts
    18,042

    Default Re: Celebrity Meeting Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by drugks Gillespie View Post
    I smoked a bowl with Danny Carey after a PLC show once.
    Was this the show at the Mason Jar? What did you guys talk about? Danny is a beast, nice to know hes human. Cant wait to see him back2back in Vegas.

    I've met Barkley, Magic and Bo Jackson all at Suns games. They were all cool, both Barkley and Jackson talked trash about the other one, both being Auburn alums.

    Sat night after Vegoose I literally bumped into Cameron Diaz at the Mirage, she looked at me and I couldn't pull my jaw up to say anything (sigh). She was gorgeous, much more attractive in person imo. She was on her way to Jet.

  23. #23
    business time tessalasset's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    8,991

    Default Re: Celebrity Meeting Thread

    Bryan (bmack) is working at Borders tonight Rocke so look for him. He posted his picture in that one other thread....


    Quote Originally Posted by Ardentbiscuit View Post
    This is the equivalent of musical water boarding.

  24. #24
    Coachella Junkie fatbastard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Pasadena
    Posts
    12,291

    Default Re: Celebrity Meeting Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by luckyface View Post
    In honor of tonight, I thought a thread where you talk about your encounters with celebrities would be kind of interesting. You can talk about past meetings or if you are going to anything that will allow you to meet a celebrity or two. By celebrity, I mean a famous actor, musician/group, pro athlete, writer, artist, etc.

    While I have been fortunate enough to meet many a celebrity in my time, I think tonight I am meeting the best one ever:



    Anyone else hear about/going to his book signing?

    Not going but thought the advertisment for this event was hilarious.
    Whiskey Sour

    2 oz blended whiskey
    Juice of 1/2 lemon
    1/2 tsp powdered sugar
    1 cherry
    1/2 slice lemon

    Shake blended whiskey, juice of lemon, and powdered sugar with ice and strain into a whiskey sour glass. Decorate with the half-slice of lemon, top with the cherry, and serve.

  25. #25
    Coachella Junkie luckyface's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    7,945

    Default Re: Celebrity Meeting Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by tessalasset View Post
    Bryan (bmack) is working at Borders tonight Rocke so look for him. He posted his picture in that one other thread....
    Wait, Bmack works at that Borders? How long has he worked there for? Julie used to work at that store for a few months!
    For your health

  26. #26
    Peaceful Oasis TomAz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Zenith, Winnemac
    Posts
    41,040

    Default Re: Celebrity Meeting Thread

    I met Charles Barkely at a gas station once. Also, on airplanes I've sat next to Jerry Colangelo, Joe Garagiola, Ken Caminiti, and Robert Horry. I've also sat near Jim Valvano, George Will, Dick Gephart, and Howard Schnellenberger.

    In music I have met Joe Strummer, Joe Ely, Alejandro Escovedo, and all of the Ramones. Well I didn't really 'meet' the Ramones, there was a group of 4 of us wandering around this venue in Austin looking for tickets in the afternoon and they were hanging out, the 4 of them, and Joey said "hi can we help you" and i stood there and went uhuhuhuh then someone else in the group said we were looking for tickets and they put us on the guest list as Maria +3.

  27. #27
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Denvah
    Posts
    8,516

    Default Re: Celebrity Meeting Thread

    Bugs mom slept with everyone affiliated with 78-82 Boston Celtics.

  28. #28
    Peaceful Oasis TomAz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Zenith, Winnemac
    Posts
    41,040

    Default Re: Celebrity Meeting Thread

    EVEN ROBERT PARRISH??

  29. #29
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Denvah
    Posts
    8,516

    Default Re: Celebrity Meeting Thread

    Even Robert Parrish.

  30. #30
    Coachella Junkie Mr. Dylanja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    The Nix
    Posts
    18,042

    Default Re: Celebrity Meeting Thread

    Who do you think started "The Chief"?

Similar Threads

  1. What was your favorite meeting spot?
    By Californicator in forum Questions
    Replies: 54
    Last Post: 01-30-2008, 07:40 AM
  2. MEETING
    By souflay123 in forum Questions
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-27-2007, 10:28 AM
  3. My most impressive "I met a celebrity today" thread yet
    By Stefinitely Maybe in forum Music Lounge
    Replies: 71
    Last Post: 04-22-2007, 02:22 PM
  4. Meeting the bands
    By joshskangster in forum Questions
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 03-03-2007, 11:55 AM
  5. Meeting New People?
    By Dreamywaves in forum Questions
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-24-2007, 10:45 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •