Thread: how quickly does on-site camping sell out

Default how quickly does on-site camping sell out

just wondering in previous years how quickly onsite camping sells out or any estimation for this year. im trying to plan my trip from australia and its pretty difficult. thanks for any help!

Default Re: how quickly does on-site camping sell out

off my internet jd

also coming from aus and wondering about camping etc

From what I recall, camping passes have become sold out about a week or so before the festival.

Happy planning, you guys!

I know the festival tickets are going quickly this year...well Sunday for sure. That doesn't necessarily corelate to camping passes being sold out quick, however, it makes me sort of nervous. I don't wanna buy the pass yet, just spent 287 on the three day pass, and the extra 57 or whatever the price for camping with TM charges isn't something I want to spend on right now. Does anybody believe that the camping passes will sell out quickly this year? Can I wait until Mid March?

^I'm not really sure, but why would you want to chance it? Buying that camping spot is like insurance on your ticket. More importantly, how far do you have to travel?

Quote Originally Posted by JCLimited View Post
    ^I'm not really sure, but why would you want to chance it? Buying that camping spot is like insurance on your ticket. More importantly, how far do you have to travel?
    I'm about an hour and a half West of Coachella, 20 minutes East of LA.

Not too far. Just have to limit my spending. So I would rather purchase camping in March. I bought the tix presale just because I didn't want to chance the festival being sold out by March. I have a lot of spending ahead of me in the next month and half.

Oh, lol. Nothing much to worry about then.

Since you live in LA... I'm arriving at 11:45am in to LAX on the Friday. The drive is supposed to be 2hrs, but with traffic and whatnot, what do you estimate the real length to be?

It depends, but usually it has sold out before any of the festival dates has, with this year being an exception due to Rage on Sunday. I would safely say this years camping will sell out by the middle of March if its slow. If not I say the end of Feb. Besides 95% of all hotels even remotely close to Indio are booked, so this is the only alternative. An announcement will be made regarding camping selling out so keep an eye out.

quicker than the 3 day passes
    The Glitter Freeze

Coachella 99-10 Vet, the run has ended in 2011

Lurker

I'll throw my hat into the ring for another australian onsite camper.

Quote Originally Posted by JCLimited View Post
    Oh, lol. Nothing much to worry about then.

Since you live in LA... I'm arriving at 11:45am in to LAX on the Friday. The drive is supposed to be 2hrs, but with traffic and whatnot, what do you estimate the real length to be?

The answer to your question really depends on how quickly you can get out of the airport. If your out of baggage claim and i'm guessing car rental before 2PM PST. You will narrowly beat traffic. On a Friday traffic heading out of LA begins around 2-230. My suggestions are to avoid the 405 freeway. Take the 105 East to 605 North to the 10 East. This route will save you a couple hours. If you take the 405 North to the 10 East you will be stuck in West LA traffic for a couple hours on a Friday.

Quote Originally Posted by devilray223 View Post
    On a Friday traffic heading out of LA begins around 2-230. My suggestions are to avoid the 405 freeway. Take the 105 East to 605 North to the 10 East. This route will save you a couple hours. If you take the 405 North to the 10 East you will be stuck in West LA traffic for a couple hours on a Friday.

Good advice.

The answer to your question really depends on how quickly you can get out of the airport. If your out of baggage claim and i'm guessing car rental before 2PM PST. You will narrowly beat traffic. On a Friday traffic heading out of LA begins around 2-230. My suggestions are to avoid the 405 freeway. Take the 105 East to 605 North to the 10 East. This route will save you a couple hours. If you take the 405 North to the 10 East you will be stuck in West LA traffic for a couple hours on a Friday.
    Thanks Devil Ray, that's exactly the info I was looking for. We arrive right around 2pm Friday and I was a bit worried about the best way to fight our way east through LA.

Awesome, thanks. It sounds like traffic won't be too much of a problem for us then.

i bought the 3 day pass and the camping pass along with it the total for it was like 318.00....O_O but its worth it i think this apirl will be the time of my life

Stay away from the 405 & 10 freeways.

I know the festival tickets are going quickly this year...well Sunday for sure.
    Tickets are not going any faster this year than any other year. It's an illusion. SIngle-day tickets are only in limited quantities this year.
    2004, 2005, 2006, 2008, 2012b, 2013a, 2014a

Me and my friend got our 3 day passes and camping tickets, and AA flights MAN-LHR-LAX getting there 1440, can't wait!

I can't believe that a festival with a lineup this strong hasn't sold out already, here in the UK our festival tickets are generally snaped up by the end of the first day!

Hopefully the best 550 I've spent in a while!

Quote Originally Posted by jdmar View Post
    just wondering in previous years how quickly onsite camping sells out or any estimation for this year. im trying to plan my trip from australia and its pretty difficult. thanks for any help!
    in answer to your question, the quoted post below is the first official warning that camping is gonna sell out soon. It was posted on 2/7/07.

Quote Originally Posted by psychic friend View Post
    I would strongly suggest buying onsite camping tickets soon if that was something you were considering.

just sayin.
    get on it people... camping makes the weekend. "just sayin."

and PF, why doesn't the original post date show up in a quoted message? Would be handy.

i would suggest you hurry if you want to camp onsite

just sayin
    .................................................. ..............
    She added the phrase "meany head" to my profile.
    I hardly think I'm an attention whore.
    I train birds of prey and am I licensed falconer

Quote Originally Posted by Comet On Fire View Post
    I'll throw my hat into the ring for another australian onsite camper.
    I second that motion!
    Recent studies at Yale have shown that being an asshole is detrimental to one's health. Professor Sweetlove, a Psychology professor, came on record as saying:
    "Assholes and local desert rats tend to live shorter lives and have less consensual sexual relations than non assholes. It could be due to lower testoserone levels or a chemical imbalance in the brain but some people are just wired to be.... well.... assholes"
    Full story can be found here. AP