Page 37 of 40 FirstFirst ... 323334353637383940 LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,110 of 1195

Thread: MP3/Mix Depository, sponsored by Jackstraw

Default Re: MP3/Mix Depository, sponsored by Jackstraw

Quote Originally Posted by HowToDisappear View Post
    Perhaps he's waiting for the remote possibility of a "real" Saturday headliner add?
    bingo.Plus I would like to post an X mix 1st...
    I see in the near future a crisis approaching that unnerves me and causes me to tremble for the safety of my country. . . . corporations have been enthroned and an era of corruption in high places will follow, and the money power of the country will endeavor to prolong its reign by working upon the prejudices of the people until all wealth is aggregated in a few hands and the Republic is destroyed.

Banned

yeah this year this thread did not have much to choose from so disappointed... may be time to bomb the thread........

Loving the If you just put your hand in mine mix and Abe's sunday mix, Thanks!!! =)

Maybe I'll drop a random mix tonight...not necessarily Coachella artists, but just hit random on my media player and drop the first 15 tracks or something. Those can be kinda fun.

Remind me if you're interested.
    Coachella Vet: '99, '01, '02, '03, '04, '05, '06, '07, '08, '09...

Quote Originally Posted by HandBanana View Post
    SUBBASS49 WAS AN INSIDE JOB!!!!!!!

Need more Coachella mixes for the road trip down!

Due to the lack of mixes being posted up, I felt compelled to create a completely random mix.

I opened up Windows Media Player, hit shuffle, and made a 20-track mix of the songs that played.

Some you may recognize, some you may not. Hopefully you can find appreciation for all of it though.

Original album photography by yours truly.

Enjoy.

Download Link: http://www.zshare.net/download/58667019c58dc2dd/

Gummi bear sultan miscorrections's Avatar

MP3/Mix Suppository.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    Has anyone gone on a date with a sandwich recently? What base did you get to? Ham?

Quote Originally Posted by SubBass49 View Post
    Due to the lack of mixes being posted up, I felt compelled to create a completely random mix.

I opened up Windows Media Player, hit shuffle, and made a 20-track mix of the songs that played.

Some you may recognize, some you may not. Hopefully you can find appreciation for all of it though.

Original album photography by yours truly.

Enjoy.
    Nice.Especially the Tom Waits track.I will not be posting the saturday mix,since I haven't done one,and just barely got my computer up and running in time to submit the worst poster in the other thing.I'll try and post the X mix tomorrow for the kiddies,since it is one I did already,and just have to rip from CD.It's a good intro to a band not to be missed on Sunday,even though I will miss them,since I'm not going to be able to attend this year,due to being dead from assassination.
    I see in the near future a crisis approaching that unnerves me and causes me to tremble for the safety of my country. . . . corporations have been enthroned and an era of corruption in high places will follow, and the money power of the country will endeavor to prolong its reign by working upon the prejudices of the people until all wealth is aggregated in a few hands and the Republic is destroyed.

Motherfuckers...download the mix. No wonder no one makes mixes for you...the download count is still at ZERO almost 24 hours later.

Just checked again and one whole download...

I was gonna do a remix/mashup version of it too...

Maybe not so much now...
    Last edited by SubBass49; 04-21-2009 at 06:10 PM. Reason: edit

i was listening to kcrw this afternoon and they plugged this free mix on their website compiled by their djs. pretty nice:

www.kcrw.com/mix

Quote Originally Posted by Ardentbiscuit View Post
    This is the equivalent of musical water boarding.

THE MEN AT THE FACTORY ARE OLD AND CUNNING

1. The Wailers - Get Up, Stand Up
    2. Bob Dylan - Masters of War
    3. X-Ray Spex - Oh Bondage! Up Yours!
    4. Billy Bragg - Chile Your Waters Run Red Through Soweto
    5. Bruce Cockburn - If I Had a Rocket Launcher
    6. Wire - Reuters
    7. Peter Tosh - Downpressor Man
    8. Stiff Little Fingers - Alternative Ulster
    9. Public Enemy - Fight the Power
    10. The Clash - Clampdown
    11. John Lennon - Working Class Hero
    12. Linton Kwesi Johnson - Tings an' Times
    13. Gang of Four - To Hell With Poverty!
    14. The Pogues - Young Ned of the Hill
    15. The Waco Brothers - Revolution Blues
    16. Rage Against the Machine - Killing In The Name
    17. Sonic Youth - Youth Against Fascism
    18. Lou Reed - Strawman
    19. Marvin Gaye - What's Going On

note: yes I know these are all old songs. If there has been a good protest song written in the 2000s I couldn't think of it. I didn't want to put "American Idiot" on the mix.
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

This looks really good so I am getting it.

Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    note: yes I know these are all old songs. If there has been a good protest song written in the 2000s I couldn't think of it. I didn't want to put "American Idiot" on the mix.
    I think Jarvis' Cunts Are Still Running The World is a fine contender, but otherwise, you make a depressing point.

Also Tom Waits' "The Day After Tomorrow"
    Last edited by Abe Lincoln; 05-22-2009 at 02:34 AM.

After the long, harsh winter and the gradual thaw of spring, it's time to get the fuck out of the city and into the sunshine, dance in the streets, and walk around in your summertime clothes.

SUMMER IS FUCKING HERE! MIX*

*mix void in CA, FL, and HI, restrictions apply in southern and southwestern states

1. Belle & Sebastian - Legal Man
    2. Bo Diddley - Hey Bo Diddley
    3. Yo La Tengo - Little Honda
    4. Air - Modular Mix
    5. Grizzly Bear - On A Neck, On A Spit
    6. Martha & The Vandellas - Dancing In The Street
    7. Stereolab - Perculator
    8. Kinks - Afternoon Tea
    9. El Guincho - Palmitos Park
    10. Flaming Lips - Kims Watermelon Gun
    11. Caetano Veloso - Tropicalia
    12. Make-Up - Make Up Is: Lies
    13. Beck - Lord Only Knows
    14. Animal Collective - Summertime Clothes
    15. Boredoms - Super Going
    16. Love - You Set The Scene

Not anything I made, but San Diego Dubstep has some nice mixes for free download on it's page:

http://sddubstep.com/category/mixes/

Including one by Austin Speed (we go back a ways through my brother). I think there's like 3 decent long mixes on that page.

Young blood

Quote Originally Posted by SoulDischarge View Post
    After the long, harsh winter and the gradual thaw of spring, it's time to get the fuck out of the city and into the sunshine, dance in the streets, and walk around in your summertime clothes.

SUMMER IS FUCKING HERE! MIX*

*mix void in CA, FL, and HI, restrictions apply in southern and southwestern states

1. Belle & Sebastian - Legal Man
    2. Bo Diddley - Hey Bo Diddley
    3. Yo La Tengo - Little Honda
    4. Air - Modular Mix
    5. Grizzly Bear - On A Neck, On A Spit
    6. Martha & The Vandellas - Dancing In The Street
    7. Stereolab - Perculator
    8. Kinks - Afternoon Tea
    9. El Guincho - Palmitos Park
    10. Flaming Lips - Kims Watermelon Gun
    11. Caetano Veloso - Tropicalia
    12. Make-Up - Make Up Is: Lies
    13. Beck - Lord Only Knows
    14. Animal Collective - Summertime Clothes
    15. Boredoms - Super Going
    16. Love - You Set The Scene
    wonderful.

Quote Originally Posted by God
    Do you want to continue talking about Lizards?

good stuff breakjaw. didn't except anything less. i especially liked iran (very timely), golden birthday, menahan street band, black meteoric star, & aphex twin.

edit: also really enjoyed great northern
    Last edited by buddy; 06-21-2009 at 08:32 PM.

http://deejaysin.podomatic.com/entry...00_23_58-07_00

Playlist
    Walking On a Dream-Empire of the Sun
    Poor Leno-Royksopp [Silicone Hypno House Dub]
    No More Conversations-Freeform Five
    [Mylo Mix] Doctor Pressure-Mylo
    Rocker-Alter Ego [Eric Prydz Mix]
    Alice-Sisters of Mercy [Dirty F*ckers Mix]
    Zdarlight-Digitalism
    Body Langauge-Booka Shade
    Retroish-Kraftwerk
    When Will I Be Famous-Sascha Funke
    Better World-Infusion [Adam Freeland Mix]
    Tribulations-LCD Soundsystem
    Zero-Yeah Yeah Yeahs [Bloody Lobo Mix by N.A.S.A]

enjoy!

Assorted Refuse Mix

So I was cleaning up a folder of stray tracks I've accumulated over the years, some sent to me by friends, others I'd downloaded after hearing them on a radio show or in a movie or something, and figured I'd throw a mix together of some of the more odd and obscure highlights. Given the genesis of this mix, it should be no surprise that there's not much of an overlying theme, but a lot of the tracks broke down into groups pretty neatly. There's some fun and disposable novelties and covers, a few industrial and noise rock detours, atmospheric film score themes, and stray other miscellanea. Since the origins of these songs are all over the place (and I have too much time on my hands), I thought I'd write a sentence or two about each one, which I put in quotes for the sake of cleanliness and order. It's a bit long (26 tracks at an hour forty), so sorry if it's overload. And I forgot to clean up the ID tags for the tracks before I uploaded it, so you'll have to do that yourself if you even care.

1. Killdozer - Nasty (Janet Jackson cover)

Killdozer were a pretty good noise-punk band from Wisconsin signed to SST who happened to do a lot of covers. This rather faithful version of Janet's (Ms. Jackson if you're nasty) "Nasty" is one of the best ones.
    2. Fred Schneider - Monster In My Pants

The title says it all.
    3. DOF - Codo

Grotesquely cheesy Austrain disco-influenced pop song about that always makes me laugh when I hear it.
    4. The Dogs - Your Mama's On Crack Rock

Proving that "socially conscious" isn't synonymous with "quality" in the rap world.
    5. Edith Massey - Punks, Get Off The Grass

Probably best remembered as the Egg Lady in John Water's Pink Flamingos, Edith Massey was the original straight edger.
    6. John Dowie - British Tourist

I don't really remember where I heard this Dutch bashing novelty, but it's stupid, silly fun.
    7. Fraebbblarnir - No Friends

I heard this on one of those foreign Killed By Death punk compilations.It doesn't add up to much, but it's a catchy little piece of cartoonish anti-social sentiment.
    8. Crispin Glover - These Boots Are Made For Walking

Hollywood's premier weirdo belts out a mutilated take on the Nancy Sinatra's classic that builds to a spastic frenzy.
    9. William Shatner - You'll Have Time

The king of the hams deadpans on death and carpe diem with the assistance of a gospel choir. There's some kind of cheap existential thrill to hearing Captain Kirk berate you on the inevitability of your own mortality.
    10. Jim Goad - Let's Hear It For Violence Against Women

As the title implies, this spoken word piece set to a plodding, thudding industrial dirge is probably the most misogynist song in existence. It's difficult to tell where the line between sincerity and satire is here. Play it at your next Klan meeting and be the toast of the town.
    11. Boyd Rice & Daniel Miller - Cleanliness & Order

Daniel Miller, the man behind Mute Records, The Normal, and Silicon Teens, teams up with industrial/noise provocateur Boyd Rice on this repetitive, hypnotic slice of mind control for children of all ages.
    12. Happy Flowers - Mom, I Gave The Cat Some Acid

This is the first track I heard by these noise-punk obscurities who write bad-trip tirades from the perspective of children, usually focusing on darker side of growing up (other songs include "They Cleaned My Cut Out With A Wire Brush," "I Wanna BB Gun," and "Mom And Dad Like The Baby More Than Me.")
    13. Q Lazaraus - Goodbye Horses

The soundtrack to the infamous "Would you fuck me? I'd fuck me" scene in The Silence Of The Lambs, this otherworldly torch song is eerie enough even taken out of the context of sexually maligned serial killers.
    14. Lead Into Gold - Faster Than Light

A friend sent me this, and all I really know about it is that it's on the WaxTrax! compilation Black Box. Although it shares some of the aggressive industrial elements as most bands on that label, there's a haunting atmosphere to the song that has more in common with Coil than Ministry.
    15. David Lynch - In Heaven (Everything Is Fine)

The original Lady In The Radiator song from Lynch's nightmarish masterpiece Eraserhead, subsequently covered by the Pixies.
    16. Sleepaway Camp - Angela's Theme

Far stranger than the twist ending to 80's slasher flick Sleepaway Camp, in my opinion, is this "theme" song which plays over the end credits, especially when you consider the main refrain "You're just what I've been looking for" in context of the movie.
    17. Fabio Frizzi - Main Title (Long Lost Godzilla Theme)

Taken from the soundtrack to Lucio Fulci's Zombie, this track is typical of synthy 70's Italian horror movie soundtracks, but I love that kind of thing, so this is perfect late night mood music for me.
    18. John Carpenter - Assault On Precinct 13 Main Title

John Carpenter is the master of effectively moody, memorable synth scores, and this is among his best. This score improves the original Assault On Precinct 13 by a minimum of 70%.
    19. RZA - Ghost Dog Theme

Just a short theme from Jim Jarmusch's Ghost Dog that draws from the atmospheric malice of John Carpenter and further proves RZA's dominance over claustrophic inner city beats.
    20. Big Shug - Crush

Heard this on a hip hop show on an internet radio show that was showcasing the production work of DJ Premier. Dark and raw, it's one of my absolute favorite pieces of hip hop production.
    21. John Clifford White - The Dead Nazi March

A friend sent me this track off the Romper Stomper soundtrack that's better than the actual movie. It's an odd little march built out of echoing brass, upright bass plucks, and swelling strings that's somehow tense and playful at the same time.
    22. French Toast - Pattern

I think I heard this song when I was bored and researching bands to see if there was anything interesting happening at the Smell in LA. Ultimately, I don't think I ever went to see them, but I did happen upon this song, which is a great little moody indie rock gem. Nothing else of their's has quite caught me like this song, but all it takes is one great tune to endear a band to me forever.
    23. The Whitefield Brothers - Weiya (Serengeti Beat)

Caught this on some internet radio show. It's a strange piece of Afro-funk with all kinds of clattering percussion and odd horn stabs jumping around all over the place.
    24. Astronauts - Books

Not the surf band, but a post-punk group I stumbled upon while digging through the endless archives at the Mutant Sounds blog. This track is the best off a very good album called Soon. If you like this song, I'd recommend downloading the rest of the album.
    25. Savant - The Neo-Realist

I caught this strange song on a podcast on Resident Advisor compiled by
    nsi. (I think), which featured a lot of non-techno tracks. The closest point of comparison would be Eno era Talking Heads (especially the vocals), although it's even more abstract than most of that material.
    26. The Sleepy Jackson - Good Dancers (Live at KCRW)

Another track sent to me by a friend, this is a lush, dreamy indie pop confection. While compiling this, I downloaded this song at a higher bitrate only to realize that the version I had known for so long wasn't the album version, and that I liked this version better anyway. Happy accidents.
    Last edited by SoulDischarge; 07-12-2009 at 10:33 PM.

very,very good stuff.

A trip to Cleveland? Worst grand prize evah.

When you live in Hawaii for long enough, a trip to the Midwest starts to sound pretty darn exotic.

Quote Originally Posted by breakjaw View Post
    Just got done listening to this, very nice. Almost all of it was unfamiliar to me, including the SY track. The transition from SY to the Johannsson was wonderful. The Hopewell track was really interesting; I liked how they started off with that car alarm, probably one of the most grating noises associated with modern living, and made it into a unique rhythmic element. I kind of wish they would have done more with that, but the rest of the track follows some interesting paths too. The Beatles manipulation piece was pretty fun and shows how strong the melodies in even minor Beatles songs are, even all diced up and reconfigured. I really liked were Black Meteoric Star and Menahan Street Band ones too. In fact, the only thing I really didn't care for at all was the Peter Gabriel track, but it was nice how it segued into that uncharacteristic Aphex song, and I'm a little tepid on the Manic Street Preachers. OVerall, well done.

Quote Originally Posted by SoulDischarge View Post

Assorted Refuse Mix
    There is so much good stuff on this,I fear that a year from now I will inadvertently use some of these on a mix here,without acknowledging who put them here in the first place,so I apologize beforehand.

Thanks! No apologies necessary. Mixes are all about recontextualization.