Thread: Sigur Ros - Heima

Default Sigur Ros - Heima

i saw Heima eariler in the day at the Arclight. It was so great. Pardon me while i post the description of the film from the AFI website:

Sigur Ros’s thank you letter to their motherland, HEIMA, will carry you on an ethereal cloud of profoundly gorgeous compositions as you float over the breathtaking Icelandic countryside—a landscape as hypnotic and serenely beautiful as their music.

In the summer of 2006, Sigur Rós –who have inspired legions of devoted fans and become their homeland’s biggest musical export since Bjork –returned home to play a series of free, unannounced concerts for the people of Iceland. Dean de Blois’s documentary captures their reflections about the tour, their band, and being home. Beautifully shot at unique concert venues —an abandoned fish factory, a protest camp at a controversial dam, a small town coffee shop—the film’s varied backdrops reflect the bands dense spiritual sound. The journey becomes the quintessential alt-music experience.

Dean de Blois’s film is like going to church and kneeling at the altar of sheer musical brilliance. If your eyes don’t get misty, you are not human.

- Natalie McMenemy

Sounds so excellent. Beautiful looking film; and a Sigur Ros movie for people who love them, and i suspect, never heard of them.

There will be another screening at the Arclight Friday night (11/09) at 10PM. The dvd comes out the 20th. i would definitely go to the screening (which i think i will again.)

Default Re: Sigur Ros - Heima

I'm ridiculously excited to see this. I'd kill to see it on a big screen but I don't think there's screenings going on here in Montreal.
    QUALITY!

I'd love to see it again, the photography perfectly matches their amazing music.

Did it only last week at IFC fest or will it play again this week?
    Whiskey Sour

2 oz blended whiskey
    Juice of 1/2 lemon
    1/2 tsp powdered sugar
    1 cherry
    1/2 slice lemon

Shake blended whiskey, juice of lemon, and powdered sugar with ice and strain into a whiskey sour glass. Decorate with the half-slice of lemon, top with the cherry, and serve.

it looks like they've added another AFI screening @ the arclight for next friday night (10/9)

http://filmguide.afifest.com/tixSYS/...ntNumber=5102&

i was able to get to the vista and see the late show last week....wonderfully beautiful movie. makes me want to go to iceland.
    ))<>((

Ok, so this sucks, I guess its semi confusing, but a ''standard'' edition of the dvd comes out tuesday, yet, there is a ''spceial'' edition that comes out december 4th. so nwo what, which do I buy and do I want to hold out until next month for the other one?

Next month is like 2 weeks from Tuesday. You can probably wait.

According to the official website and amazon, the deluxe edition comes out on tuesday and the regular in two weeks.

for north american fans, the regular edition of “heima” has been pushed back to december the 4th. the special edition will be going on sale as per normal on november the 20th. please note that the special edition has the same dvds as the regular edition but has deluxe packaging and a 116 page photo book.
    It's weird how buy.com says both come out on Tuesday. But I'm worried because my pre-order hasn't shipped yet. I'm used to pre-orders shipping the weekend before street date. Of course, I've probably pre-ordered only a handful of dvd's since 2000. Anyone old enough to remember the good old days of getting new dvd's online dirt cheap with coupons? I preordered Fight Club for under $20 (MSRP was $40) and got it before street date. Score!
    Last edited by Boourns; 11-18-2007 at 12:06 PM.

why is Amazon showing its the other way around? Weird, Best buy shows both for december, so i guess I'll go buy amoeba and just take the hit on the price.

vinylmartyr

coughrecordsurpluscough

i just ordered the limited edition. excited to watch it.

Coachella Junkie shakermaker113's Avatar

116 page photo book!?! eat that every other special edition ever.

Radiohead In Rainbows Box Set artwork will weigh in at half a kilo. sorry Heima loses.

Coachella Junkie shakermaker113's Avatar

oh so we're judging by weight now? are you going to eat these special editions or what?

Has anyone else ever written a thank you letter to their motherland?
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

Quote Originally Posted by suprefan View Post
    Ok, so this sucks, I guess its semi confusing, but a ''standard'' edition of the dvd comes out tuesday, yet, there is a ''spceial'' edition that comes out december 4th. so nwo what, which do I buy and do I want to hold out until next month for the other one?
    The deluxe edition features an interview with the band
    I see in the near future a crisis approaching that unnerves me and causes me to tremble for the safety of my country. . . . corporations have been enthroned and an era of corruption in high places will follow, and the money power of the country will endeavor to prolong its reign by working upon the prejudices of the people until all wealth is aggregated in a few hands and the Republic is destroyed.

buy.com still has not shipped my pre-order and the status is still "sent to warehouse" and it is now listed as currently out of stock. FUCK!

Quote Originally Posted by Abe Lincoln View Post
    The deluxe edition features an interview with the band

I couldve just gone to a Q and A with them if I wanted answers......

I posted this on the other Sigur Ros thread in the Rumor Mill, but I figured this thread is more appropriate.

All of Heima is now on youtube

http://youtube.com/watch?v=lr4s7KeCbV8

i saw it at the ArcLight, and Sigur Ros played a couple of songs as well. It was dope.

OUTKAST 2014
    it's finally happening

Röyksopp, FC Kahuna, Télépopmusik, The Knife, RJD2, Futue Sound of London, The Avalanches, 808 State, Zero 7, Tycho, Mr. Scruff

I bet. Wish I could've been there.
    9/10 Swans @ Roxy, 9/17 Karen O at Masonic Lodge, 9/19 Tokimonsta @ El Rey, 9/20 Chvrches @ Tower Theatre, 9/30 Cibo Matto @ the Roxy, 10/3-4 Desert Stars, 10/9 Zola Jesus @ El Rey, 10/16 Massive Attack @ Greek Theater, 10/22-25 CMJ, 10/26 Asobi Seksu & Slowdive @ Royale

Quote Originally Posted by Boourns View Post
    I bet. Wish I could've been there.
    Thanks!

OUTKAST 2014
    it's finally happening

Röyksopp, FC Kahuna, Télépopmusik, The Knife, RJD2, Futue Sound of London, The Avalanches, 808 State, Zero 7, Tycho, Mr. Scruff