Page 7 of 584 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: It's NBA time

Default Re: It's NBA time

Ideally, this (Shaq & the Suns) will work like the Lakers did late in Jabbar's career, in the 80s. Jabbar gets the defensive rebound, shoots an outlet pass to Magic, and 4 Lakers tear down the court on a fast break, with Kareen lumbering in behind and getting an offensive rebound or setting up in the low post in the half court offense if the break doesn't produce.
    Last edited by TomAz; 02-07-2008 at 05:48 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Ideally, this (Shaq & the Suns) will work like the Lakers did late in Jabbar's career, in the 80s. Jabbar gets the defensive rebound, shoots an outlet pass to Magic, and 4 Lakers tear down the court on a fast break, with Kareen lumbering in behind and getting an offensive rebound or setting up in the low post in the half court offense if the break doesn't produce.
    Could be, Tom. That is the best case scenario. I'm still on the fence about the whole thing. IF a motivated Shaq comes out, then this COULD work. He doesn't need to dominate, just defend the low post, rebound, and take up space.

I think the aspect of Marion's game that the Suns will miss most is the steals, and the creation of turnovers. Look at last night's game...that was the difference. NO only had what, 10 turnovers the entire game, or close to it? That includes 2 overtimes!
    Hopefully, Diaw and Hill can make up the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by suprefan View Post
    How old was Barkley when he joined the team? 29, 30? This is Shaq at 35 we are talking about ok? And you want to talk about the Lakers without Riley coaching them and making it to the finals, against Jackson and the Bulls? Come on. At least they were good enough to make it to the finals or deep into the playoffs on a cinsistant basis in that time period. I still dont see a banner hanging in that Suns arena ya know.
    Lakers still didn't beat the bulls in the finals.

kthxbye
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

I actually think this is exactly how they're going to run their offense. Mike basically said that Shaq doesn't need to run, he just needs to be there when the ball is coming down.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

Also, what is this guy thinking? Not about the sign-but is he in blackface?

are they selling Shaq jerseys already?

edit nm must be an old Amare jersey
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

Ha! No, saw that guy interviewed on the news...his face was purple.

Quote Originally Posted by gmoneyak View Post
    I'm back to parade my boy Paul tonight, I'm sorry but Deron Williams isn't putting up this kind of line:

42 pts - 9ast - 5 reb - 8 stl - 1 TO ...50 minutes... ridiculous

I'm still starting him in the Western All-Star Game..
    I agree those are impressive numbers, but dude, it was a double OT game. Williams had 29 points 11 asts 6 reb 4 TO. Those numbers are not as impressive as Pauls numbers. However Williams has a deeper bench to work with than Paul does. Utah's bench scored 50 points last night.
    RAPE STOVE

white power?!

Quote Originally Posted by mountmccabe View Post
    I liked Shaq back at LSU but I liked Roberts more.
    I just have an indelible image in my head from the U of A going down to Baton Rouge in the early '90s and losing to the Tigers and Shaq doing some stupid dance (maybe it was the Tootsie Roll?). It was all downhill from there.
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    "Soon they'll hear my words," he thought, "and they will know that roboto's side-splitting reign of ha-has has begun."

For your health

Apparently the Mavericks were trying to work a deal for Shaq too and were willing to give up Josh Howard to do it.

Yep, I have heard that as well.

On the Stein article, goes to my point of Marion and the lack of turnovers produced last night. That is where he will be missed most.

Best way I can sum up the trade: there is a greater chance it will fail than succeed.
    I understand why they did it. The SUNS will lose more games during the regular season with Shaq than if they had not done the deal, IMO. They won't have the best record at the end of the season. But, the playoffs are really where this deal will be measured.

also, it will be measured when Kobe tries to drive the lane and Shaq swats him into the upper deck.

That will be nice to see.

Also, when Shaq bitch slaps Horry for no reason whatsoever.

old school

Why anyone would want Fat Snack right now is beyond me.

The Suns are so scared of the Lakers right now its pathetic. Bynum will come back healthy and own Snack if they meet in the playoffs.
    Lick an orange, it tastes like an orange. Lick a pineapple, it tastes like a pineapple. Go ahead, try it. Try some more. The strawberries taste like strawberries. The snozzberries taste like snozzberries! We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams. Come along, come along.

Quote Originally Posted by ShyGuy75 View Post

The Suns are so scared of the Lakers right now its pathetic. Bynum will come back healthy and own Snack if they meet in the playoffs.
    Displayed again for its comedic value.

Heard the press conference on the radio and I'm excited now!

"I'm going to make Amare the best PF in the league"

"The doubters make me mad and when I'm mad I tend to things, like WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS"

Caaaaaaaan yoooooooouuuuuuuuuuuuuu diiiiggggggggggggggggiiiiittttttt?

I think Steins article is pretty dead on and I'm hoping all the nay sayers and doubters are all the The Big Saguaro needs from a motivational standpoint. The morale will be boosted, the seeming lack of confidence will be regained along with the attitude/swagger as well. How could you not be confident when the Diesel has got your back?

Bottom line, is it risky? Yes of course, big time.

But do I think we were going to win it all with the current line up? NO, and the team didn't either that's why something had to be done.

To my AZ peeps, now there's 2 types of Diesel in town, Sour Diesel and Shaq Diesel!!!

old school

For all you Suns fans with your chubbys in hand:

Have you seen Fat Snack play this year?

From the majority of the homer responses on here, I don't think you have. In fact, I know you haven't.
    Lick an orange, it tastes like an orange. Lick a pineapple, it tastes like a pineapple. Go ahead, try it. Try some more. The strawberries taste like strawberries. The snozzberries taste like snozzberries! We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams. Come along, come along.

I have league pass buddy I've seen plenty, yes it looks like he struggles to walk. He put forth decent effort the first week and realized it was useless, what have they won 9 games at this point? He's too old for the Flash effort night in and night out. But the Suns medical staff do have G. Hill playing more than he has in almost a decade so I have faith they'll get the Diesel engine purring before long.

For all you Suns fans with your chubbys in hand:

Have you seen Fat Snack play this year?

From the majority of the homer responses on here, I don't think you have. In fact, I know you haven't.
    Yes, I have. He's been hurt. Even Riley admitted that.

Again, I'm not saying this is a great trade...yet. Remains to be seen. BUT, keep in mind, Shaq was the # 2 option on the Heat (when healthy). Now, he's maybe the 4th option on the Suns. He doesn't need to be the Shaq of old for this to work.

I think he will certainly bring a chemistry to the Suns locker room that has not been there in a long time. I don't know how far that's going to take them in the Western conference though.
    Quote Originally Posted by superfan View Post
    And I have a dick for you to eat if youre hungry still.

bitter.

old school

bitter.
    About what? I was estatic when the Lakers traded his cry-baby fat ass. Don't kid yourself. DWade, the weakness of the Eastern conference, and the refs carried the Heat to that title.

Snack is a defensive liability and can barely jump for rebounds or block shots.

I would say it is the worst trade I have seen in years, but the Lakers just got Gasol for Crittenton and a bag of chips.

About what? I was estatic when the Lakers traded his cry-baby fat ass. Don't kid yourself. DWade, the weakness of the Eastern conference, and the refs carried the Heat to that title.

Snack is a defensive liability and can barely jump for rebounds or block shots.

I would say it is the worst trade I have seen in years, but the Lakers just got Gasol for Crittenton and a bag of chips.
    the guy won your team three rings. which is three more than kobe's been able to do by himself. show some respect.

old school

I will show no respect for *** loving douches like Snack

projection.

Funny how the overly confident douchebag Lakers fans start reappearing everywhere as soon as they make a trade that many project will have them coming out of the West. Back when they were barely scraping by, you rarely heard from them.
    For your health

old school

I hate that too luckyface. Before the year started, a few of my friends were screaming for the Kobe trade to the Bulls. Morons.

This one if for you Tom. Suns need to get Shaq on the floor. I gotta take it while I can get it.

Quote Originally Posted by PotVsKtl View Post
    The middle class needs sick beats.

I am sure everyone in Dallas is loving Devean George right now.
    For your health