Page 536 of 586 FirstFirst ... 531532533534535536537538539540541 ... LastLast
Results 16,051 to 16,080 of 17571

Thread: It's NBA time

Default Re: It's NBA time

I don't know, Wes, but I'd sure feel better about the game if I had to pay face or over.

"You wanna go to the game on Wednesday?"
    "Wednesday? That's a big Idol night! Who are they playing anyway?”
    “Memphis, I think. I hear they are good and it’s going to be the biggest game in Clippers history. Playoff Atmosphere in March, dude!”
    “Nah, I got Idol. Just dump them and hope someone picks 'em up.”

Quote Originally Posted by unit300021 View Post
    Not that it wasn't a great dunk but shit Jordan is something like six inches and eighty pounds bigger then Knight. I just think if you are going to celebrate the dunk then you should also celebrate the fact that Brandon Knight had the fucking balls to even jump and try and stop then just stepping aside and giving it to him. But yet Knight was the blunt of a lot of jokes and what not.
    http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--ba...174058736.html

Backward culture makes punch line of Brandon Knight for trying to stop DeAndre Jordan's dunk

Outside the window within the coach's office, we could see Brandon Knight still on the court inside the Detroit Pistons' basketball facility. These had been hard training camp practices, and yet Knight still hadn't gone home. The Pistons' coach, Lawrence Frank, nodded toward him and shook his head.

"He won't leave the gym," Frank told me on that September day. "We have to chase him out at night."

When Knight had plantar fasciitis in the offseason, Frank had to confiscate Knight's sneakers so he couldn't sneak into the gym and play against doctor's orders.
    "This kid will get every ounce out of his ability," Frank promised.

As the Los Angeles Clippers crushed the Pistons on Sunday, Knight did something that surprised no one within the franchise: Between DeAndre Jordan catching a lob and dunking on Detroit, Knight leaped and tried to stop him.

For this, he's a punch line now. He's a joke. For everyone celebrating Jordan's fantastic lob dunk over a guard some 8 inches shorter and 80 pounds lighter, they've made Knight an object of ridicule. A widely followed parody account of comedian Kevin Hart tweeted that Jordan had been brought up on "charges of rape & aggravated assault against Brandon Knight," and tombstones declaring Knight dead were popping up on the Internet.

The message is clear to players everywhere, on every level: Run away. Hide. Don't try to take the charge. Don't try to disrupt the play. There's no reward. This is how backward the basketball culture has become, how twisted the value system.

This time, it was Brandon Knight. A year ago, it was the Clippers' Blake Griffin dunking on Kendrick Perkins. As a center, Perkins is bigger, stronger, and that makes Griffin's dunk more impressive. They gave Perkins this treatment, too. Even now, he still comes back for more.

"If I was in the same position, in the same rotation, I'm going to jump again and again and again," Perkins told Yahoo! Sports' Marc Spears. "A lot of people are afraid of humiliation or don't know how to handle embarrassment or would even get embarrassed. I don't care.

"That's my job. How will my teammates look at me if next time I just back out of the way and just let him dunk when I'm supposed to be defensive-minded, a shot-blocker? That would be a coward move on me.
    "He'd just have to dunk on me again."

Jordan made a spectacular play. No one will soon forget it. So congratulations and all. Jordan has a $43 million contract and yet still doesn't have one offensive move, an ability to score outside the paint. Yes, he can leap, dunk on little guys. And somehow that makes him an achiever in the sport now. After this, perhaps even a folk hero.

For Brandon Knight, who had the guts to stand in there, there were prominent people writing that he had been raped and assaulted and killed on Sunday night in Los Angeles. Eight inches shorter and 80 pounds lighter, Knight understood the right thing is seldom ever the most popular. Brandon Knight didn't run and hide, didn't spare himself the humiliation.
    The culture of this sport has never been so backward, never so twisted. Hell of a dunk out of DeAndre Jordan, but maybe the wrong player gets the ovation.
    Fresh off his "JUICY AUSTRALIA TOUR"

I'm just glad the Lakers are still in the playoff hunt as their bandwagon fans would drive up the Clipper ticket prices again.

Jordan made a spectacular play. No one will soon forget it. So congratulations and all. Jordan has a $43 million contract and yet still doesn't have one offensive move, an ability to score outside the paint. Yes, he can leap, dunk on little guys. And somehow that makes him an achiever in the sport now. After this, perhaps even a folk hero.
    LOLOLOLOL so true

okay, we're in like flynn for tonight. Look for me wearing a red long-sleeve Clip shirt five rows behind the basket (http://www.ebay.com/itm/121080248112...84.m1497.l2649 ). Paid $85 each for normally $135 tix and proud of it, Wes, you big cocksucker. Are you really calling yourself a beach-like playground?

Quote Originally Posted by lehorne View Post
    I'm just glad the Lakers are still in the playoff hunt as their bandwagon fans would drive up the Clipper ticket prices again.
    The only reason your team is relevant is because David Stern is an unscrupulous, meddling piece of shit. If your team ever wins a title the Clippers should erect a bronze statue of the miserable little troll outside of Staples. He's the biggest benefactor your team has ever known.

Quote Originally Posted by lehorne View Post
    okay, we're in like flynn for tonight. Look for me wearing a red long-sleeve Clip shirt five rows behind the basket (http://www.ebay.com/itm/121080248112...84.m1497.l2649 ). Paid $85 each for normally $135 tix and proud of it, Wes, you big cocksucker. Are you really calling yourself a beach-like playground?
    Those are great seats. Enjoy the best three ring circus of sausage races, teeshirt cannons, and wedding DJ atmosphere the NBA has to offer.

Well fuck, there goes the Lakers season. Kobe out indefinitely with sprained ankle.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Why aren't there more good role models for fat people who fall down a lot?

Had he taken the three, they would have won and his ankle would be fine. Fuck.

Ewing theory time for the Lakers. They'll go 15-3 or something now until he comes back.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    To you guys I say Wat?????????? Off to ?????? ....... cr****
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    It's hard to argue with that.

No, we already exercised our Ewing clause with Gasol

black woman, with her boyfriend, in the seat in front quarter cocks me saying "Will you stop touching me?" and I said "Where?" and she said "my booty". I had spoken with my friend about my knee possibly touching her ass, but I never did and I think she just heard me.They didn't come back after halftime.

this is one of the greatest things I've EVER seen. No hyperbole. amazing song amazing video

I attend the Knicks @ Warriors game on Monday night and, just my luck, I ended up sitting next to some New Yorker... I'm sure my RUN TMC shirt let him know who really runs shit. I'll in the same seats for Bulls @ Warriors tonight.

IMG_0937.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by PotVsKtl View Post
    The middle class needs sick beats.

The officials are making this shit up as they go along. The NBA is doing everything they can to make sure the Lakers go home 1 and 2 this road tirp.

Clock is stopped at 4.5. Pacers make free 2nd free throw. Clock starts about 1 second early. Nash takes it down and scores as the buzzer goes off in his hands. Had clock started on-time, the points would have counted and the half would have been over.

Officials call: don't count the points, give the Lakers the ball back with 1 second on the clock. Lakers don't convert.
    Last edited by PlayaDelWes; 03-15-2013 at 05:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ods.. View Post
    this is one of the greatest things I've EVER seen. No hyperbole. amazing song amazing video

I had to stop watching after the song claims he's sixth man of the year, Jamal Crawford, statistics, and everyone else might think differently

Quote Originally Posted by PlayaDelWes View Post
    Clock is stopped at 4.5. Pacers make free 2nd free throw. Clock starts about 1 second early. Nash takes it down and scores as the buzzer goes off in his hands. Had clock started on-time, the points would have counted and the half would have been over.

Officials call: don't count the points, give the Lakers the ball back with 1 second on the clock. Lakers don't convert.
    Such bullshit, but the Lakers made it work.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Remember Hitler? I don't but here we are again .. cr****

Screaming the tv for Thibs to take Deng out. I think the game is in hand and it may be safe for Lou to sit ?

The Lakers are probably the most beset-upon team in the league. Can they ever catch a break?
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    In his defense I do remember there being an upsurge of black coworker on white coworker exlaxings in LA after Rodney King.

Quote Originally Posted by vulcandeathgrip View Post
    Screaming the tv for Thibs to take Deng out. I think the game is in hand and it may be safe for Lou to sit ?
    He could have given Deng the night off. Noah and Boozer absolutely manhandled the Warriors.
    Quote Originally Posted by PotVsKtl View Post
    The middle class needs sick beats.

Quote Originally Posted by Chillzzz View Post
    I had to stop watching after the song claims he's sixth man of the year, Jamal Crawford, statistics, and everyone else might think differently
    Honestly how stupid can you be. It's a JR Smith joke video. They're not "claiming" anything.

Man the Warriors-Rockets game tomorrow is a huge one. Battle for the 6th seed.

Hoping Utah loses tonight. It would give the Lakers more cushion to see how they will perform without Kobe. Time is not on their side.
    Four Tet - Mohawk - 3/1
    Mac Demarco - Mohawk - 4/13

My updated playoff projector. I didn't change projections, just the last 10 or so days of actuals.

Group- 89167
    Pass- coache11a
    http://tournament.fantasysports.yaho...inprivategroup
    Yahoo boardie bracket pickem. To be the best of the boardies and I'll buy you a Heineken or a frozen lemonade at the fest if you beat me

Sorry for the spam. Now back to more Miami Heat worship
    Last edited by fiopadp7791; 03-20-2013 at 03:55 AM.
    If y'all fresh to death, then I'm deceased... -Kanye West
    Jamiroquai 2015 please.
    Quote Originally Posted by miscorrections View Post
    How is any of that ironic? On this board I absolutely expect terrible people to call other people terrible.

Got Bobcats +6.5/Warriors +8.5/Suns -1 on a three game parlay tonight.

In other news, glad there are no Kings fans here. Late in the fourth quarter Clipper announcer Mike Smith stated that “this CP/Jamal/Barnes/DJ/Blake unit is the second most efficient in the league” right before the Kings called for the highly successful, and highly embarrassing for the Clips, hack-a-Dj strategy. VDN kneeled down to his assistant coaches asking “what do we do?”. It was two minutes of the most cringe worthy, inefficient basketball I’ve ever seen. Clippers looked like fools and it’s no wonder the Kings players and fanbase lapped up a victory.
    Last edited by lehorne; 03-20-2013 at 04:01 PM.
    The pilgrimage is not perfected save by copulation with the camel.

"Mike Smith Mike Smith"

well, he's mormon and likes to multiply
    The pilgrimage is not perfected save by copulation with the camel.