Page 534 of 584 FirstFirst ... 529530531532533534535536537538539 ... LastLast
Results 15,991 to 16,020 of 17515

Thread: It's NBA time

Default Re: It's NBA time

Gee, root against the Lakers? How could a Suns fan do that?
    For your health

Lol Suns fans, it's time to root against the Lakers.

Quote Originally Posted by casey View Post
    Just wanted to show my face in here today. Wish the Warriors would have won that game last night, but putting up 54 points in the second game of a back-to-back is nothing to be TOO sad about really.
    It was really an amazing game. Stef is out of fucking control of course. Legendary performance.

I'm happy my knicks pulled it out though... lol. Especially with how much preemptive cheering was happening on the GS sideline.

someone needs to meme that noodle arm prance back to his end Stef did after that disgusting catch and pop 3 he sunk to put him over 50.

wasn't Stef the female lead in that 80's movie? Or was that a male?

Anway, Clips at Indy tonight. Time to see how the top tier of the West matches with the East, sans Hibbert mind courtesy of Stef.

So my beloved T-Pups drafted Johnny Flynn over Steph Curry... sickening. We got Rubio that same year as well, but Flynn... ugh... yuck.
    If y'all fresh to death, then I'm deceased... -Kanye West
    Jamiroquai 2015 please.
    Quote Originally Posted by miscorrections View Post
    How is any of that ironic? On this board I absolutely expect terrible people to call other people terrible.

I still can't get over Curry's performance. That shit was awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by fiopadp7791 View Post
    So my beloved T-Pups drafted Johnny Flynn over Steph Curry... sickening. We got Rubio that same year as well, but Flynn... ugh... yuck.
    Did you watch Flynn at Cuse? At the time I thought he was the 2nd best PG on the board it just didn't make sense to draft two point guards back to back in the top 10. They also drafted Lawson that same year and traded him on draft day.

Seriously, I think anyone would have taken Flynn over Curry at that point. Interesting enough the one Point Guard they didn't keep in Lawson is the one they should have kept. Not that Rubio has been bad or anything he just hasn't been as productive as Lawson thus far.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Why aren't there more good role models for fat people who fall down a lot?

Quote Originally Posted by unit300021 View Post
    Seriously, I think anyone would have taken Flynn over Curry at that point. Interesting enough the one Point Guard they didn't keep in Lawson is the one they should have kept. Not that Rubio has been bad or anything he just hasn't been as productive as Lawson thus far.
    True but it's only Rubios 2nd season in the league and has much more upside than Lawson. That being said Lawson has been much better than I expected.

Quote Originally Posted by ods.. View Post
    It was really an amazing game. Stef is out of fucking control of course. Legendary performance.

I'm happy my knicks pulled it out though... lol. Especially with how much preemptive cheering was happening on the GS sideline.
    yeah i think that preemptive cheering was what led to sloppy play in the final minute...

Quote Originally Posted by Chemz View Post
    someone needs to meme that noodle arm prance back to his end Stef did after that disgusting catch and pop 3 he sunk to put him over 50.
    it's a really terrible shimmy shake.
    Quote Originally Posted by Newro7ic View Post
    Lakers fans are some of the most delusional people in the world, I swear.
    my name is casey. i love pavement and i want to pet every dog in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by unit300021 View Post
    It's probably a moot point. If Minnesota didn't draft Lawson for Denver, they may have just taken someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by fiopadp7791 View Post
    The Cleveland Cavaliers selected Vitaly Potapenko one spot before Kobe Bryant was picked.

But at least our last two drafts have gone relatively well.
    10/8 - Little Dragon @ Marquee (Tempe, AZ)
    10/11 - Carolina Chocolate Drops @ Rialto Theater (Tucson, AZ)
    11/10 - The Black Keys @ US Airways Center (Phoenix, AZ)
    4/10/15 - 4/12/15 - Coachella

Kobe dropping that far is tainted. His agent knew he could get Kobe to LA if he got to the Hornets and threatened all the teams ahead of him not to take him. The main reason he wanted him in LA was based off a shoe deal. And if we're talking bad draft picks lets just talk Darko before Melo Wade and Bosh.

Rubio can't shoot or finish at the basket. He's a hell of a passer but can't score .

Johnny Flynn has fallen so far he is reduced to this. Bitching about the refs after he came to town to be absolutely taken apart by my local pro team. He arrived with a lot of hype and seemed to think he was going to dominate the NBL. It's fair to say he has not done his chances of returning to any higher level much good at all.

http://youtu.be/eIIDAOMMiK

Hindsight makes a lot of draft picks seem ridiculous but I think keeping Rubio over Lawson was the right call. I like Lawson and he has shown a lot more at NBA level than I expected but Rubio has vision you just can't teach. If he has enough work ethic to improve his obvious limitations he could be an elite pg.

Quote Originally Posted by HotHamWater View Post
    It's probably a moot point. If Minnesota didn't draft Lawson for Denver, they may have just taken someone else.
    This. That pick was arranged.

I'm not trying to claim I knew it all along with Flynn. When Rubio fell to the Wolves (most pundits thought he would've been drafted by pick 5 that year), the Wolves probably felt they had no choice to take him. What I mean by "no choice" is they knew it would be extremely difficult to get him on the team year 1, because of his contract situation with his team in Spain. So they knew they would either have to wait or trade him. There were constant trade rumors because a lot of people thought he would never want to play in Minnesota.

So they had to draft another PG, not only for immediate needs, but for the considerable future if they traded Rubio. Flynn was damn good in college, and I think everyone had issues with Steph being more of a scorer than distributor. It just stings hard seeing where Curry is compared to Flynn (where is Flynn?).
    If y'all fresh to death, then I'm deceased... -Kanye West
    Jamiroquai 2015 please.
    Quote Originally Posted by miscorrections View Post
    How is any of that ironic? On this board I absolutely expect terrible people to call other people terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Chillzzz View Post
    Kobe dropping that far is tainted. His agent knew he could get Kobe to LA if he got to the Hornets and threatened all the teams ahead of him not to take him. The main reason he wanted him in LA was based off a shoe deal. And if we're talking bad draft picks lets just talk Darko before Melo Wade and Bosh.
    This is true to an extent but agents don't dictate the draft and GM's generally don't care about threats from them. From time to time you will see an agent strong arm teams into taking someone else, but GM's tend to have the upper-hand here if they play hard ball. Chris Webber and his agent told the media he would never put the Sacramento jersey on and spent that entire off-season and lockout trying to wiggle their way to a bigger market. The Kings called their bluff and Webber's jersey is hanging in those rafters.

Any one of those teams could have taken Kobe (Cleveland, Golden State who took Todd Fuller, Dallas who took Samaki Walker, the Clippers who took Lorenzen Wright), but decided to go with a much worse option. So, yeah, the agent "forced" teams into not taking Kobe, but considering he was 2-3 years away from being a serious factor in the NBA at the time, Kobe didn't have much leverage as a 17-year old and neither did his agent. Front offices can just be that stupid (i.e., Cleveland's front office).
    10/8 - Little Dragon @ Marquee (Tempe, AZ)
    10/11 - Carolina Chocolate Drops @ Rialto Theater (Tucson, AZ)
    11/10 - The Black Keys @ US Airways Center (Phoenix, AZ)
    4/10/15 - 4/12/15 - Coachella

got my tix for Lakers-Rockets, April 17th, between 2 coachella weekends
    have a feeling that will be a big one...if Lakers stay in the game until then....

Quote Originally Posted by darkjustice View Post
    this mix is tripping me out
    Audio junky/CD collector
    Coachella 2001/2003

Who does that shit? Serge "with a lemon twist" Ibaka that's who. Junk collector.

Clips just came out really flat in a winnable game. Not worried, but they do have a couple tough tests coming up at home against a retooled, revitalized Bucks and at high paced, mountain high-ed Denver. Looking more and more like the three seed unless they get on a roll.

Tony Parker is out a month so I wont be surprised if the spurs start to fall.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Why aren't there more good role models for fat people who fall down a lot?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Dylanja View Post
    ass on the grill

Got tix for Knicks @ Warriors on Monday. Also, buying into a season ticket package for next season. Cool story right?
    Quote Originally Posted by PotVsKtl View Post
    The middle class needs sick beats.

I playing with hard on right now. Not necessarily from that story, but just life in general.

Clips favored by -9.5 tonight at home versus Bucks. Seems a bit high as Milwaukee has won four straight and has improved with the Reddick trade. We'll see.

While I don't know what's worse at this point (not making the playoffs or making them and losing four embarassing games on national TV), based on my analysis below, I predict the Lakers DO make the playoffs at the expense of Utah’s remaining away schedule.

My model for the last 3 spots:

Drew Gooden with the bench quiver at :06

but not as emphatic as the Knick-in-a-suit at :03
    Last edited by lehorne; 03-12-2013 at 07:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by darkjustice View Post
    this mix is tripping me out
    Audio junky/CD collector
    Coachella 2001/2003