Page 515 of 584 FirstFirst ... 510511512513514515516517518519520 ... LastLast
Results 15,421 to 15,450 of 17515

Thread: It's NBA time

Default Re: It's NBA time

76ers and Hawks will have a better year than the Cavaliers just saying

Quote Originally Posted by HotHamWater View Post
    I'm looking at Minnesota's roster and I don't see the talent without Love. Pekovic is good. Rubio is alright, though I think his style got him more attention than his game dictated that he should. I just don't see it in the West. Without Love, they just have a bunch of role players.
    Of course it looks like a bunch of role players. Most teams are just a bunch of spare parts. It's just the really good ones have 2-3 star players for those players to feed off of and vice versa.

I put my prediction on the thought that Brandon Roy returns as a serviceable NBA player. Once he gets back into the swing of things, I think players like Roy, Derrick Williams, Pekovic and Ridnour will be able to keep them within striking distance of the last spot and when Love returns they will go on a nice run and sneak in over the last week or two.
    10/8 - Little Dragon @ Marquee (Tempe, AZ)
    10/11 - Carolina Chocolate Drops @ Rialto Theater (Tucson, AZ)
    11/10 - The Black Keys @ US Airways Center (Phoenix, AZ)
    4/10/15 - 4/12/15 - Coachella

Quote Originally Posted by theklein25 View Post
    76ers and Hawks will have a better year than the Cavaliers just saying
    I completely forgot about Philly. I will agree on that and adjust accordingly. The Hawks? Don't be so sure about that.

I just think a core of Horford, Smith, and Harris (if he can actually stay healthy), plus lou williams and morrow off the bench can squeak in over the Cavs who have Irving and anybody else really?

I just think a core of Horford, Smith, and Harris (if he can actually stay healthy), plus lou williams and morrow off the bench can squeak in over the Cavs who have Irving and anybody else really?
    This league is driven by point guards and wing players now. The Cavs have one of the better, if not best young PG in the league right now. Having him makes everyone else better. I mean, if you are going to use players like Lou Williams and Anthony Morrow as examples of legit NBA weapons, then I can just as easily point to C.J. Miles and Alonzo Gee as valuable contributors.

Please remember that Al Horford is coming off a torn pectoral muscle. It should be interesting to see how well Josh Smith plays without Johnson to shoulder the scoring load and ease some oft he pressure.

East

1. Miami
    2. Boston
    3. Indiana
    4. Brooklyn
    5. Chicago
    6. New York
    7. Toronto
    8. Milwaukee

West

1. Oklahoma
    2. San Antonio
    3. Lakers
    4. Denver
    5. Clippers
    6. Memphis
    7. Dallas
    8. New Orleans

Miami def Lakers in 7

MVP: Durant
    Finals MVP: LeBron James
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Why aren't there more good role models for fat people who fall down a lot?

Quote Originally Posted by GuyInTucson View Post
    A winning record isn't necessarily required to obtain the eighth spot in the east.

Kyrie's defense still must improve, that I will not deny, but his ability to cause turnovers and his improved man-to-man defense were noticeable towards the end of the year. You didn't notice it because, well, I doubt you watched the Cavs much; nobody really did.

With Kyrie though, have a little perspective. 18 PPG and 5 APG in a rookie season for a guy who played just ten games of college, came off a major foot injury, had virtually no training camp and a condensed 66-game schedule... Oh, and he averaged just 30 minutes per game. I think you see his offensive numbers increase a little and his defense take a big step forward.

For Joe Johnson, I sure do see them missing him a bunch. Al Horford's uncertain health means that the only sure-fire weapons returning to that roster are the erratic and inconsistent Josh Smith and DeShawn Stevenson. I think they struggle mightily this season.
    I'll take your word for it regarding Kyrie. I was actually a huge fan of his since I saw him play when he was in high school.

You make a good case against Atlanta, and it wouldn't surprise me at all, but I think you're misrepresenting things if you're citing DeShawn Stevenson as one of their better offensive weapons. Just on the wing I would put Devin Harris, Anthony Morrow, Kyle Korver, Jeff Teague, Lou Williams and even John Jenkins ahead of Stevenson. So Stevenson is the Hawks' 6th or 7th best wing option.

As far as the T-Wolves go, I don't even think their spare parts are good enough to keep them afloat for a month and a half. Unless Derrick Williams makes a huge leap this year. I'm guessing that you'll tell me he will, you damn homer. =)

I think next season is when the media will get voter fatigue and vote for someone other than LeBron for MVP. They did it two seasons ago with Derrick Rose, and I can definitely see Durant winning it next year. I'd be somewhat surprised if LeBron didn't win it again this year.

I'll take your word for it regarding Kyrie. I was actually a huge fan of his since I saw him play when he was in high school.

You make a good case against Atlanta, and it wouldn't surprise me at all, but I think you're misrepresenting things if you're citing DeShawn Stevenson as one of their better offensive weapons. Just on the wing I would put Devin Harris, Anthony Morrow, Kyle Korver, Jeff Teague, Lou Williams and even John Jenkins ahead of Stevenson. So Stevenson is the Hawks' 6th or 7th best wing option.

As far as the T-Wolves go, I don't even think their spare parts are good enough to keep them afloat for a month and a half. Unless Derrick Williams makes a huge leap this year. I'm guessing that you'll tell me he will, you damn homer. =)
    I am actually not high on Williams' future, but I know he has the tools to be successful. If they are within 5-to-7 games of that final spot when Love returns, they'll have a shot. With him and Rubio back on the floor I think they could make a pretty big leap NEXT year. I still say they sneak into the eighth spot this year.

I'm a TPups homer and... they're fucked. They went in the tank when Rubio went down last season, so that was gonna be a lot to overcome for the first 1-2 months this season. Now without Love they got no chance. It almost seems blasphemous to say this, butbwith those 2 injuries they're really gonna miss Beasley. It would've been his chance to shine... if he felt motivated enough lol. I just don't see Derrick Williams carrying enough of the load to make a difference.
    If y'all fresh to death, then I'm deceased... -Kanye West
    Jamiroquai 2015 please.
    Quote Originally Posted by miscorrections View Post
    How is any of that ironic? On this board I absolutely expect terrible people to call other people terrible.

I'll play :

East

1. Miami
    2 Boston
    3. Indiana
    4. Philadelphia
    5. Brooklyn
    6. Chicago
    7. Atlanta
    8. New York

West

1. OKC
    2. Lakers
    3. Memphis
    4. Denver
    5. Clippers
    6. Spurs
    7. Utah
    8. Minni

MVP - Durant
    ROY - Lilliard
    COY - Karl

Lakers over Boston in 7 games

Barclays was the most plush and nice arena I've ever visited. It will be a great home-court advantage for the Nets.
    Happy to hear that. Provided STORMAGEDDON doesn't flatten the place, I'll have my first chance to see it in person when the T-Wolves come to town the first week of the season.
    Quote Originally Posted by garspaceman View Post
    well hello my fancy pants.

East
    1. Miami
    2. Atlanta
    3. New York
    4. Brooklyn
    5. Chicago
    6. Boston
    7. Philadelphia
    8. Indiana

West
    1. Oklahoma City
    2. Denver
    3. Los Angeles Lakers
    4. Los Angeles Clippers
    5. Utah
    6. Memphis
    7. San Antonio
    8. Minnesota (I'd have definitely ranked them higher if not for injuries to Love and Rubio)

Finals:Miami over Oklahoma City in 6
    League MVP: Kevin Durant
    Finals MVP: LeBron James

Quote Originally Posted by fiopadp7791 View Post
    I'm a TPups homer and... they're fucked. They went in the tank when Rubio went down last season, so that was gonna be a lot to overcome for the first 1-2 months this season. Now without Love they got no chance. It almost seems blasphemous to say this, butbwith those 2 injuries they're really gonna miss Beasley. It would've been his chance to shine... if he felt motivated enough lol. I just don't see Derrick Williams carrying enough of the load to make a difference.
    1-2 months still gives them 50+ games with Love and Rubio in the lineup. Last I heard, Rubio will be back some time in December and Love's injury put him out 6-8 weeks, so he'll be back around the same time. Your team will have plenty of time to make up ground, even if it's late December when they come back, with those two in the lineup. We're talking about a race to the eighth seed, not anything higher. They'll still have a shot.

I'd love to see my hometown Sacramento Kings make a run for a playoff spot (before they move), but that's not going to happen.

HOLD THE FUCKING PHONE THEKLEIN HAS THE JAZZ MOVING JEFFERSON

Quote Originally Posted by GuyInTucson View Post
    I'd love to see my hometown Sacramento Kings make a run for a playoff spot (before they move), but that's not going to happen.
    ARE they still moving? I thought they were staying.
    Coachellas attended: 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 (W1), 2013 (W1)

Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    Theme night listing:

Thursday Night: Woo, my parents let me out of the house!
    Friday Night: Woo, my parents let me out of the house!
    Saturday Night: Woo, my parents let me out of the house!
    Sunday Night: Boo, I have to go back to my parent's house!
    The level of sheer laziness and pure speculation and confusion about very easily found and well-known things that this board has gotten to is truly confounding.

Quote Originally Posted by tyles View Post
    ARE they still moving? I thought they were staying.
    The Maloofs and the city had a handshake deal and it fell through. I haven't heard much since then, but Seattle has been sniffing around for a while and there were rumors a couple of months back that Virginia Beach was also getting involved. Hopefully they'll keep the team in Sacramento, but at this point I don't see it happening. The Maloofs don't want to be there.

West
    1. Thunder
    2. Lakers
    3. Spurs
    4. Clippers
    5. Nuggets
    6. Grizzlies
    7. Mavericks
    8. Timberwolves

East
    1. Heat
    2. Knicks
    3. Pacers
    4. Nets
    5. Bulls
    6. Celtics
    7. 76ers
    8. Hawks

Predictions: Kevin Durant wins MVP
    Heat win championship
    Jazz move Al Jefferson
    Gotta love the haters and otherwise uneducated West Coast honks who are picking the Celtics, a team that took the Heat to the final quarter of Game 7 in the Eastern Conference Finals last year and a team that improved its bench and has arguably the most depth in the East, to finish sixth????

C'mon, man.

Quote Originally Posted by stuporfly View Post
    East
    1. Miami
    2. Atlanta
    3. New York
    4. Brooklyn
    5. Chicago
    6. Boston
    7. Philadelphia
    8. Indiana
    What are you basing this on? A premonition?

Quote Originally Posted by santasutt View Post
    Gotta love the haters and otherwise uneducated West Coast honks who are picking the Celtics, a team that took the Heat to the final quarter of Game 7 in the Eastern Conference Finals last year and a team that improved its bench and has arguably the most depth in the East, to finish sixth????

C'mon, man.
    Uneducated? I follow every team. Your Celtics finished 4th last season. I expect one of your old guys to break down this season. They'll lose in the first round

What are you basing this on? A premonition?
    Which part in particular would you like to discuss, sir?

Quote Originally Posted by stuporfly View Post
    Which part in particular would you like to discuss, sir?
    The Knicks in the top 3, for starters.

The Pacers in the 8 hole to follow up.

The Hawks as the second best team in the East, to finish.

Extra Credit: Why not the Bucks?

The Knicks in the top 3, for starters.

The Pacers in the 8 hole to follow up.

The Hawks as the second best team in the East, to finish.

Extra Credit: Why not the Bucks?
    Given your inflated opinion of where your own favorite team is going into the season, I figured you'd at least understand my having high hopes for the Knickerbockers. But a few other things have them high on my list: Unlike all the yuksters joking about age, I actually like the guys they've brought in. I've still got worries about Stoudemire and Anthony coexisting, though I feel I should at least give them a few regular season games before I throw up my hands (again). ESPN Magazine also has the Knicks ranked third, and their arguments were pretty compelling. Finally, Charles Barkley is down on them and that's good enough for me to give them a boost.

With the Pacers I kind of feel like they overachieved last season, though their spot is also down to the quality of other teams in the East.

The moves the Hawks made may lack star power, but I think the team looks good from top to bottom. I'd honestly prefer they tank because I'm not a fan, but I think they've put themselves in a position to be very, very good.

The Bucks? Fuck the Bucks. That's why.

James Harden apparently traded. This was posted a few minutes ago.

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA
    The Rockets send Kevin Martin, Jeremy Lamb and future draft considerations to the Thunder for Harden, sources tell Y! Sports.

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA
    Along with All-Star guard James Harden, the Thunder will send Cole Aldrich, Lazar Hayward and Daquan Cook to the Rockets, source tells Y!

WOW this comes as a shock. Guess they figured they weren't going to be able to resign him. I wonder how much this changes things for OKC this season?
    Why aren't there more good role models for fat people who fall down a lot?

Holy shit, Harden for K-Mart -- I can't even comprehend.

That's not necessarily bad for either squad in the long run, but shit, fuck me if that doesn't throw everything off.

I still don't think it's a lock for the Heat/Lakers, for all we know it could between the Bull/Knicks, Clippers/Spurs in the CFs.

Don't count out the Nuggets and Pacers either -- or the Celtics for that matter.

OR THE MOTHERFUCKING T-WOLVES TRICKS