Page 509 of 584 FirstFirst ... 504505506507508509510511512513514 ... LastLast
Results 15,241 to 15,270 of 17515

Thread: It's NBA time

  1. #15241
    Chest Rockwell Gribbz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    ATX
    Posts
    19,937

    Default Re: It's NBA time

    His averaged jumped by 5 points and 3 assists though. Point being, Houston isn't an awful place for a player like him to land. I think he'll fit in perfectly with their system.
    Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    Has Pitchfork revealed it's top 200 covers by Arcade Fire yet?

    Little Dragon - 8/31 - Moody Theater
    Ty Segall - 9/5 - The Mohawk
    Seth Troxler - 9/5 - Vulcan Gas Company
    Black Lips/King Khan & BBQ Show - 9/12 - J. Lorraine Ghost Town
    DJ Shadow/Cut Chemist - 9/18 - Moody Theater

  2. #15242
    Coachella Junkie Mr. Dylanja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    The Nix
    Posts
    18,027

    Default Re: It's NBA time

    Pretty sure he average 18 and 8 after the break. I'm not a big fan, he's undersized.


    Edit: Are there any FA 2-guards left or is Shannon Brown going to be the guy? Other than that position, I like the Suns' depth. Three of last years starters have potentially moved to the bench, where they should play a lot better. They've always done their best with deep teams. Even at their height it was the bench that would come in and expand leads.

    PG Dragic - Marshall
    SG ? - Dudley
    SF Beasley - Frye
    PF Scola - Morris
    C Gortat - Lopez
    Last edited by Mr. Dylanja; 07-18-2012 at 01:59 PM.

  3. #15243
    old school Somewhat Damaged's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    5,308

    Default Re: It's NBA time

    Quote Originally Posted by Gribbz View Post
    His averaged jumped by 5 points and 3 assists though. Point being, Houston isn't an awful place for a player like him to land. I think he'll fit in perfectly with their system.
    Couldn't those improvements also have been due to the fact he wasn't coming off the bench to relieve Steve Nash?
    Quote Originally Posted by stinkbutt View Post
    It's like finding out an old high school buddy is on meth, and you're not sure if any of the rumors of him giving handies behind Burger King are true but they very likely could be.

  4. #15244
    Chest Rockwell Gribbz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    ATX
    Posts
    19,937

    Default Re: It's NBA time

    Quote Originally Posted by Somewhat Damaged View Post
    Couldn't those improvements also have been due to the fact he wasn't coming off the bench to relieve Steve Nash?
    Perhaps. It's not just Dragic though. Kyle Lowery's numbers also significantly improved after Kevin McHale implemented his new system.
    Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    Has Pitchfork revealed it's top 200 covers by Arcade Fire yet?

    Little Dragon - 8/31 - Moody Theater
    Ty Segall - 9/5 - The Mohawk
    Seth Troxler - 9/5 - Vulcan Gas Company
    Black Lips/King Khan & BBQ Show - 9/12 - J. Lorraine Ghost Town
    DJ Shadow/Cut Chemist - 9/18 - Moody Theater

  5. #15245
    old school HotHamWater's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    A thematic narrative
    Posts
    2,671

    Default Re: It's NBA time

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Dylanja View Post
    Pretty sure he average 18 and 8 after the break. I'm not a big fan, he's undersized.


    Edit: Are there any FA 2-guards left or is Shannon Brown going to be the guy? Other than that position, I like the Suns' depth. Three of last years starters have potentially moved to the bench, where they should play a lot better. They've always done their best with deep teams. Even at their height it was the bench that would come in and expand leads.

    PG Dragic - Marshall
    SG ? - Dudley
    SF Beasley - Frye
    PF Scola - Morris
    C Gortat - Lopez
    Dudley at shooting guard? Even as a backup, that's kind of scary and speaks to the lack of depth there.

  6. #15246
    Member rag and bone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    BKN
    Posts
    972

    Default Re: It's NBA time

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Dylanja View Post
    Are there any FA 2-guards left or is Shannon Brown going to be the guy?
    Courtney Lee but I doubt they land him. Re-signing Shannon should definitely be the move.

  7. #15247
    Member rag and bone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    BKN
    Posts
    972

    Default Re: It's NBA time

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Dylanja View Post
    SF Beasley - Frye
    And wait just a second there...I know he doesnt have a traditional big man game but don't think Channing is a SF by any stretch of the imagination.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Dylanja View Post
    I'm not a big fan, he's undersized.
    He's at least 6'3" which is pretty good size for a PG.
    Last edited by rag and bone; 07-18-2012 at 02:36 PM.

  8. #15248
    old school stuporfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Brooklyn, New York
    Posts
    4,573

    Default Re: It's NBA time

    Quote Originally Posted by garspaceman View Post
    well hello my fancy pants.

  9. #15249

    Default Re: It's NBA time

    bottom-line is that the Suns will be bad

  10. #15250
    old school SepaGroove's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    3,217

    Default Re: It's NBA time

    The Mavs have been making a lot of moves. I think they can have a pretty interesting team next year.

    This whole Dwight Howard saga worries me. If the Lakers don't land him they'll have to deal with an unhappy Bynum all season long.

  11. #15251
    Coachella Junkie Mugwog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    6,666

    Default Re: It's NBA time

    Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    The Mavs have been making a lot of moves. I think they can have a pretty interesting team next year.

    This whole Dwight Howard saga worries me. If the Lakers don't land him they'll have to deal with an unhappy Bynum all season long.
    Bynum has been pouting since he was drafted.

  12. #15252
    old school SepaGroove's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    3,217

    Default Re: It's NBA time

    Quote Originally Posted by Mugwog View Post
    Bynum has been pouting since he was drafted.
    I know, he's a bitch. I hate his bitch face and his bitch attitude. Hope this Dwight thing works out and he signs an extension with LA.

  13. #15253
    man-homie obzen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Cacapoopoopeepeeshire
    Posts
    16,001

    Default Re: It's NBA time

    I am also worried about a disgruntled Bynum if this trade doesn't pan out; he could single-handedly fuck off a Lakers title run by acting all bitchass.

  14. #15254
    old school unit300021's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    San Francisco, for now...
    Posts
    3,444

    Default Re: It's NBA time

    Lakers are apparently going to sign Antwan Jamison (out of country at the moment). Him plus one more bench player makes the Lakers real contenders for the championship again, with or without D12. Should be exciting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Why aren't there more good role models for fat people who fall down a lot?

  15. #15255
    Member vulcandeathgrip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Down Here
    Posts
    276

    Default Re: It's NBA time

    Surely the Magic won't go for the deal as presently rumoured ? I would have thought getting rid of some of Otis Smith's horrible contracts would have to be part of the bargain ?

  16. #15256
    man-homie obzen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Cacapoopoopeepeeshire
    Posts
    16,001

    Default Re: It's NBA time

    Howard now says he would sign an extension with LA if traded there -- here comes the part where Bynum fucks it all up by blocking a potential deal.

  17. #15257
    old school SepaGroove's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    3,217

    Default Re: It's NBA time

    Quote Originally Posted by obzen View Post
    Howard now says he would sign an extension with LA if traded there -- here comes the part where Bynum fucks it all up by blocking a potential deal.
    I bet he's acting like such a bitch right now, as we speak. "Well I don't want to play in Cleveland! I thought you guys liked me?"

  18. #15258
    ASS FACE ThomThom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    9,590

    Default Re: It's NBA time

    Bynum wants to team up with Irving, they were both childhood friends/competitors in Jersey basketball leagues. I think the real problem here is not Bynum, it's the Magic trying to dump all of those worthless cap eating contracts of overpaid hacks like Duhon, Richardson and Turkoglu.
    Quote Originally Posted by superfan View Post
    And I have a dick for you to eat if youre hungry still.

  19. #15259
    man-homie obzen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Cacapoopoopeepeeshire
    Posts
    16,001

    Default Re: It's NBA time

    No -- I mean watch Bynum arbitrarily change his position on playing in Cleveland.

  20. #15260
    old school HotHamWater's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    A thematic narrative
    Posts
    2,671

    Default Re: It's NBA time

    Bynum and Irving graduated high school 5 years apart. Were they really childhood friends/competitors in basketball leagues?

  21. #15261
    man-homie obzen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Cacapoopoopeepeeshire
    Posts
    16,001

    Default Re: It's NBA time

    It's possible, or maybe they just jocked each other -- from afar.

  22. #15262
    old school casey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    los angeles
    Posts
    2,667

    Default Re: It's NBA time

    teehee

    Quote Originally Posted by Newro7ic View Post
    Lakers fans are some of the most delusional people in the world, I swear.
    my name is casey. i love pavement and i want to pet every dog in the world.

  23. #15263
    ASS FACE ThomThom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    9,590

    Default Re: It's NBA time

    Quote Originally Posted by HotHamWater View Post
    Bynum and Irving graduated high school 5 years apart. Were they really childhood friends/competitors in basketball leagues?
    Heard it from mr. know-it-all Stephen A. Smith when he was asked what in fuck's name was so appealing about going to Cleveland... Can you think of another reason why anybody would have the Cavs on their short list of teams they would like to be traded to?
    Last edited by ThomThom; 07-19-2012 at 11:51 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by superfan View Post
    And I have a dick for you to eat if youre hungry still.

  24. #15264
    AMBIVALENT bobert's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Santa Monica, CA
    Posts
    3,785

    Default Re: It's NBA time

    Quote Originally Posted by HotHamWater View Post
    Bynum and Irving graduated high school 5 years apart. Were they really childhood friends/competitors in basketball leagues?
    If all of Bynum's close friends are 19 year olds it could go a long way in explaining his maturity issues. Irving probably has the big-fella do beer runs in the off season.

  25. #15265
    Chest Rockwell Gribbz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    ATX
    Posts
    19,937

    Default Re: It's NBA time

    I forgot how weird FIFA rules are.
    Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    Has Pitchfork revealed it's top 200 covers by Arcade Fire yet?

    Little Dragon - 8/31 - Moody Theater
    Ty Segall - 9/5 - The Mohawk
    Seth Troxler - 9/5 - Vulcan Gas Company
    Black Lips/King Khan & BBQ Show - 9/12 - J. Lorraine Ghost Town
    DJ Shadow/Cut Chemist - 9/18 - Moody Theater

  26. #15266
    old school HotHamWater's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    A thematic narrative
    Posts
    2,671

    Default Re: It's NBA time

    Quote Originally Posted by bobert View Post
    If all of Bynum's close friends are 19 year olds it could go a long way in explaining his maturity issues.
    I was thinking this exact same thing. I wouldn't be shocked if he was the big dumb kid hanging around with guys 4 and 5 years younger than him.

  27. #15267
    Coachella Junkie GuyInTucson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    8,081

    Default Re: It's NBA time

    Bynum likes Byron Scott. While Scott hasn't played pro ball for the Lakers in ages, he has remained close with certain members of that organization and has been able to develop a relationship with Bynum over the years. As far as he and Irving, I know they are acquainted due to their ties in New Jersey.
    10/8 - Little Dragon @ Marquee (Tempe, AZ)
    10/11 - Carolina Chocolate Drops @ Rialto Theater (Tucson, AZ)
    11/10 - The Black Keys @ US Airways Center (Phoenix, AZ)
    4/10/15 - 4/12/15 - Coachella

  28. #15268
    Coachella Junkie Mr. Dylanja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    The Nix
    Posts
    18,027

    Default Re: It's NBA time

    Courtney Lee to Boston.

  29. #15269
    old school unit300021's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    San Francisco, for now...
    Posts
    3,444

    Default Re: It's NBA time

    Quote Originally Posted by bobert View Post
    If all of Bynum's close friends are 19 year olds it could go a long way in explaining his maturity issues. Irving probably has the big-fella do beer runs in the off season.
    Quote Originally Posted by HotHamWater View Post
    I was thinking this exact same thing. I wouldn't be shocked if he was the big dumb kid hanging around with guys 4 and 5 years younger than him.
    Yeah that is exactly it. Apparently he would spend most of his free time with Goudelock and Morris. That suggests to me at least that he still cares more about hanging out with people his own age and having fun then he does about being a team leader.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Why aren't there more good role models for fat people who fall down a lot?

  30. #15270

    Default Re: It's NBA time

    Clips look pretty stacked, dude. Beware.

    Paul/Bledsoe
    Billups/Crawford
    Butler/Grant Hill/Leslie
    Griffin/Odom/Thompkins
    DJ/Hollins

    P.S. I just played two hours of bball. We're trying to get people or fishhead hybrids for more than just two-on-two games...to run full court. Tuesday and Thursday nights near Brookhurst/Adams area of Huntington Beach if interested.

Similar Threads

  1. Set time
    By smash in forum Questions
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 04-12-2011, 08:23 PM
  2. what time is bar time in socal?
    By HEADSTRUCK in forum Questions
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-03-2007, 05:44 PM
  3. One more time
    By daftmonkey64 in forum Line Up/Artists
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 04-03-2007, 10:52 AM
  4. How much time...
    By Hannahrain in forum Music Lounge
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 02-27-2007, 03:06 PM
  5. First Time..
    By jS_lil in forum Camping/Lodging
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-04-2007, 12:28 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •