Page 504 of 585 FirstFirst ... 499500501502503504505506507508509 ... LastLast
Results 15,091 to 15,120 of 17534

Thread: It's NBA time

Default Re: It's NBA time

Re: Bynum - In before bobert tells us what Bynum eats before each game, specifically how he is a raw foodist and therefore is an equal to Dwight Howard or whoever else you prefer to Bynum

Re: Nash - Lakes new strategy - Pass ball to white guys or kobe

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Dylanja View Post
    I have no idea what type of system Mike Brown runs, if any, but I'd imagine Kobe to run off a lot of screens and curls. Quick, catch and shoot type plays with limited contact rather than isolating and creating on his own. He'll also reap the benefits of Nash creating opportunities with the rest of the team. I think Gasol will be used in the pick and pops, where he'll get clean looks at the top of the key all day long. When Nash sees daylight he'll drive to the hoop, attract the defender, and hand it off to Bynum for catch and dunks.

Gasol and Bynum should minimize his defensive liabilities more than any team has. He doesn't have the foot speed to stay in front of people on the wings, but he can effectively funnel them toward the help.

He's a great fit for any offense, but especially this Lakers team. He'll add a fluidity and rhythm to where they'll actually resemble a team, instead of just force feeding Kobe or Bynum on a given night. Ultimately he's going to make everybody's job easier, I'm excited to watch him play with such a talented roster.
    Pure poetry. When I close my eyes I can picture it so clearly, and it's beautiful.

Quote Originally Posted by Mugwog View Post
    Re: Bynum - In before bobert tells us what Bynum eats before each game, specifically how he is a raw foodist and therefore is an equal to Dwight Howard or whoever else you prefer to Bynum

Re: Nash - Lakes new strategy - Pass ball to white guys or kobe
    Look at you trying to be funny. Stick to being stupid. It comes naturally to you.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyface View Post
    I don't think that is true. He is getting a max offer, so the amount should be bound by that threshold. The only way the Suns will end up with him is if the sign & trade goes through.
    Correct. The amount itself would be the same. BUT, the Suns can "front load" that amount as a signing bonus.

Poor Mavs -- Kidd to Knicks.

Quite the off-season for Dallas. They whiffed on Deron Williams, lost Jason Terry, and will now lose Jason Kidd.

Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine
    In another unforeseen twist of this wild offseason, sources say Jason Kidd has decided to leave Mavs and join Knicks on a multiyear deal

I have a feeling they'll throw money at Ramon Sessions, in a panic move.

I think in the end, if he doesn't win it all again, Dirk will be happy having won one ring -- against LeBron James and the Miami Heat no less.

Quote Originally Posted by obzen View Post
    I think in the end, Dirk will be happy having won one ring, against LeBron James and the Miami Heat no less.
    Definitely. The shape he was in entering this season was probably indicative of that.

Yet again, this shows that it does not pay to hoard your cap space in order to sign the top 2-3 free agents. I think this has actually worked once in the last God knows how many years (Miami).
    For your health

This has to hurt for Cuban who pinned his hopes on Williams, then seeing Nash and Kidd sign elsewhere, and letting Chandler go before the season, weakening a chance at a repeat last season.
    Last edited by buddy; 07-05-2012 at 01:13 PM.

They don't call him Work Nowitzki, that's for sure.

Mavericks are in deep trouble that's for sure, but they don't really need Jason Kidd and I doubt he lasts 3 more seasons.
    Follow me on Twitter at Klein25
    The Eeries The Troubadour
    Kasabian Oct 8 Wiltern
    The Horrors Oct 14 Santa Ana

Quote Originally Posted by downingthief View Post
    There are some seriously stupid commenters over on azcentral. I mean, ridiculously insanely bizarrely stupid.

Class act? Steve Nash was well known in the Suns organization to be big the biggest womanizer on the team, before he was divorced. Great ball-player, too bad he had a mediocre supporting cast for the last 3-4 years in a Suns uniform. I'll miss watching him play, but don't confuse good player and good after game interview with good person....
    How can all of you still root for that traitor Nash! THIS IS WORSE THAN WHAT LEBRON DID TO CLEVELAND because the Lakers are the enemy, the team that we as SUNS most hate with a passion. He could have gone to any other team and don't give me that family crap, his kids are young and he only has a couple years left. HE FORCED A TRADE TO THE LAKERS and that's the bottom line. As far as I'm concerned he is a backstabbing traitor, a liar, and I don't ever want him to be in our Ring of Honor.
    I'm just being real, you can spin it all you want but this is breaking your heart just as much as mine but go ahead and try to pretend like this does not burn. You know it in your heart that this is not right. He care less about us as fans, he's all about himself and uses his family as an excuse. All you guys are a bunch of fake pansies, don't be mad at me for telling it like it is. Man up!
    He is the new Lebron and Favre. He failed talking Phoenix to the Finals, I hope he fails in L.A. #traitor
    This famiily values stuff is all bogus as he won't be spending any more time with them as a Laker. What Nash will be doing is pursuing his after NBA career in making videos in under the experts in Hollywood. This lip service of family values is being hit hard and by the mere fact they trotted it in neon lights tells us they arr just selling more PR than truth. BTW, Nash's videos have been received very lukewarmly and with lots of reserve so Hollywood is where he can get his after NBA career going under the good graces of the Hollywood Laker fans.
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

Nash never did talk Phoenix to the Finals, did he?

No, just to conference finals. He lost the debate to Kobe.

The comments section on any Az Central article always brings out the idiots.

Yeah. I troll the shit out of those people sometimes.
    Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    Has Pitchfork revealed it's top 200 covers by Arcade Fire yet?

Screaming Females - 10/23 - Red 7
    Guy Gerber - 10/29 - Vulcan Gas Company
    Fun Fun Fun Fest -11/7 - 11/9 - Auditorium Shores
    Caribou & Jessy Lanza - 11/23 - The Mohawk

Well, I think we can all agree that commenters on these types of sites tend to be comprised of some of the lowest forms of life. Just the absolute worst of the worst. And when you add in the fact that 99% of these people are from Arizona, I wouldn't expect anything less than these comments.

*No offense to the Arizona boardies. I know you all are alright. It is the general nutjob, militant nu-rednecks that seem to be multiplying there.
    For your health

Azcentral comment section is a constant source of entertainment while I'm at work.
    This ain't no middle of the mall shit.

Quote Originally Posted by theklein25 View Post
    For Linkin Park this is kind of embarrassing, but this song would be great live if you just wanna have fun and grind on a girl.
    Diarrhea Planet 2015

Any day now.....

Brandon Roy to the T-Wolves. That is an interesting team for him to go to.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Why aren't there more good role models for fat people who fall down a lot?

Quote Originally Posted by unit300021 View Post
    Brandon Roy to the T-Wolves. That is an interesting team for him to go to.
    They did draft him, originally. I hope he's able to stay healthy. Sad to see such a talented athlete throw in the towel at such a young age.

Steve Nash in his prime.
    Joe Johnson coming into his prime.
    Shawn Marion in his prime.
    Amare Stoudemire in his prime.

One by one they walked away with minimal compensation, if any at all. The biggest piece we got in return was an over-the-hill Shaq. Fuck you Robert Sarver. FUCK YOU.

Drinking game for next season: take a drink every time Bynum gets a dunk from a no look Nash pass.
    10/18 - Nas - Orpheum
    10/22 - TV on the Radio - Fonda
    10/24 - Warhol - Royce Hall
    10/28 - Ben Frost/Tim Hecker - Los Globos
    11/05 - Pissed Jeans - Los Globos (?)

Quote Originally Posted by getbetter View Post
    I finally made it through a listen of Sun Kil Moon - Benji and had put it on maybe 4 times til I could finally feel mentally like, "just fuck it just let this guy blabber on" while I'm doing paperwork .
    last.fm, if you care

Twitter, if you dare

I'm pleased with the Knicks bringing Kidd in, especially if they definitely match Houston's offer to Lin and keep him in New York. Kidd may not offer much on the court, though he should at least be strong enough to take some of the pressure off Lin.

Better still, it really does seem as though they're going to let Fields go to Toronto without trying to match.
    Quote Originally Posted by garspaceman View Post
    well hello my fancy pants.

Gross, I just saw pictures on Deadspin of someone "who looks to be" Andris Biedrins getting head in a car. Guys... .
    Quote Originally Posted by Newro7ic View Post
    Lakers fans are some of the most delusional people in the world, I swear.
    my name is casey. i love pavement and i want to pet every dog in the world.

Eric Gordon Burning Bridges

On Thursday, Eric Gordon fanned the flames of every burning bridge back to the Big Easy. The New Orleans Hornets guard is telling everyone who will listen why he would prefer to play with the Phoenix Suns. At this point, the Hornets have to at least be considering the possibility of not matching Eric Gordon's contract with the Suns.

First quote
    Eric Gordon said, "Phoenix just showed a lot more interest, overall, and definitely in how they negotiated. I don't know what New Orleans' plans are for me. There are no negotiations right now."

Well that's a silly statement. The Hornets didn't have to roll out the red carpet in their negotiations with Eric Gordon. Why should the Hornets waste their time and energy on a wine and dine knowing they could match any offer? Besides, Eric Gordon has been in New Orleans since December. I think he knows this team and city inside and out.

Second quote
    Eric Gordon also said, "They drafted another shooting guard, a combo guard like me, which tells me they have another plan."

This line of thought is the only one I agree with Gordon on (to a point). I was also surprised when New Orleans drafted Austin Rivers. But a team like the Hornets that's rebuilding has to draft the best player available. And if the Hornets legitimately plan on converting Rivers to point guard, then Eric Gordon's spot is secure.

Third quote
    Finally, Eric Gordon said, "Phoenix signed two other young guys that are very talented. They're already established and they're already going to get better."

Now that may be the most ridiculous thing I've ever read. Eric Gordon is referring to Michael Beasley and Goran Dragic who also signed free agent contracts with the Suns. Any two NBA veterans are going to be more "established" than any two rookies. That doesn't mean Anthony Davis and Austin Rivers won't be better in a couple of years.

New Orleans Hornets
    You can bet the New Orleans Hornets front office is considering all the ramifications of matching the Suns' offer. I know the prevailing wisdom is that the Hornets will match Gordon's contract because they can't let him walk away for nothing. But if the Hornets let Eric Gordon sign with the Suns, they will save $58 million over the next four years.

There must be other quality free agents out there on which that money can be better spent by the Hornets.

Pretty ridiculous statements, but please, give me somebody worth watching on the Suns.

To me, his quotes just read as someone who hopes not to get his contract matched by the Hornets. Building up the Suns organization in hopes that they can work out a sign and trade.
    For your health

Quote Originally Posted by HotHamWater View Post
    Any day now.....

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA
    Ray Allen has informed Boston that he has decided to sign with Miami, league source tells Y! Sports.

Quote Originally Posted by casey View Post
    Gross, I just saw pictures on Deadspin of someone "who looks to be" Andris Biedrins getting head...
    Trying to pronounce that name in my head whilst drunk is fucked off.

Just call him "Beans," or maybe, "Brains."