Page 331 of 584 FirstFirst ... 326327328329330331332333334335336 ... LastLast
Results 9,901 to 9,930 of 17507

Thread: It's NBA time

Default Re: It's NBA time

Quote Originally Posted by schoolofruckus View Post
    So yeah - Dallas for the title. Preferably over the Heat.
    Given this Finals scenario, I'm with you.
    Quote Originally Posted by garspaceman View Post
    well hello my fancy pants.

Quote Originally Posted by arman View Post
    tough loss but still...... lakers in 7
    well split in dallas be down 3-1 before winning 3 in a row (games 6 there and games 5 and 7 @ staples)

pew pew pew
    You should throw an "unrealistic expectations" party with the rest of my facebook feed. You will, however, have to aim a bit higher and start saying Lakers in 6.

Lakers fan's are some of the most delusional people in the world, I swear. It's one thing to have a good team, but to win 4 in a row after losing the first 2 at home? Give me a break. They aren't even likely to win the series (it's happened 4 times, I believe, in the history of the NBA that a team comes back after losing the first 2 games at home).

The Lakers are looking old and confused. Blake can't hit a shot, and Pao hurts more than he helps with all his buffoonish mistakes. I've thoroughly enjoyed watching this collapse over the last 2 games.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    Women just obviously can't write creative music. They're all ripping off the Beatles, who were men. Duh.

Quote Originally Posted by Newro7ic View Post

Lakers fan's are some of the most delusional people in the world, I swear.
    Sigged.
    Lakers fans are some of the most delusional people in the world, I swear.
    my name is casey. i love pavement and i want to pet every dog in the world.

well split in dallas be down 3-1 before winning 3 in a row (games 6 there and games 5 and 7 @ staples)

pew pew pew
    you're a joke

pew pew pew
    Does it matter to you which of the next two games they win? In other words, whether they win or lose game 3, you'll still be confident that they are going to take the series? Even if it means winning 4 in a row?

Terrible sig casey

The Mavs are playing well, but they are beatable. It’s not irresponsible to think the Lakers are capable of winning four of five. Calling a fan a joke or delusional just after two games for hoping their team pulls it off is the pot calling the kettle black considering Newrom, Ods.., and others are simply here to hate on the Lakers and provide nothing in terms of thoughtful contribution to NBA discussion.

The Lakers have certainly dug themselves a deep hole, odds are not with them at this point, and although last night was another disgrace, they’ve been able to hang in there in both of these games. Lakers pretty much had a favorable box score in all areas last night except for 3pts and bench points.

I’m not sold the Mavs can play much better than the way they are now, but I’m fairly confident the Lakers are playing near their bottom. If they come out weaker than this on Friday, call me wrong, and I’ll send Phil his Retirement card.

Quote Originally Posted by casey View Post
    Does it matter to you which of the next two games they win? In other words, whether they win or lose game 3, you'll still be confident that they are going to take the series? Even if it means winning 4 in a row?
    I'll answer this for him. Whoever wins game 5, wins the series.
    Last edited by PlayaDelWes; 05-05-2011 at 02:36 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by dj12inches View Post
    What makes me qualified? I've watched EVERY fucking episode of American Idol, and every single episode of The Voice...Forget that I won departmental music awards when I was in the 8th grade choir.

Quote Originally Posted by PlayaDelWes View Post
    Terrible sig casey

The Mavs are playing well, but they are beatable. It’s not irresponsible to think the Lakers are capable of winning four of five.

The Lakers have certainly dug themselves a deep hole, odds are not with them at this point, and although last night was another disgrace, they’ve been able to hang in there in both of these games. Lakers pretty much had a favorable box score in all areas last night except for 3pts and bench points.

I’m not sold the Mavs can play much better than the way they are now, but I’m fairly confident the Lakers are playing near their bottom. If they come out weaker than this on Friday, call me wrong, and I’ll send Phil his Retirement card.

I'm just a Warriors fan living in a Lakers world!!! People who are acting like they are not worried AT ALL are a little bit delusional, you have to be a realist when it comes to things like that or people are going to call you out. I agree with pretty much everything you said. I don't think anyone should count the Lakers out because if anyone can come back from being down 0-2, it’s them. I don’t think the Celtics can do it and honestly, I would count almost any other team in the NBA out beyond the Lakers at this point. I think the Lakers have proven that they are strong willed enough…but do you think the WANT is there? I’m not sure they want it as bad as the Mavericks want to move on and shake the stigma that they choke when the pressure is on.

I especially agree with your bolded part. The Mavericks look great, the Lakers look weak and like they are struggling. Maybe they will find their rhythm or maybe the Mavericks are the Lakers killers and the Lakers have just been lucky to never meet them in the playoffs before. Either way, it’s still an interesting series. I believe in the Mavs and I want the Mavs to win, but I don’t think it’s time to sleep on the Lakers quite yet.

Also, nice answer to the question…what if the Mavs win game 3? Will you be confident that there will even be a game 5 or will all of you Lakers fans finally admit to being more that just a little nervous?

If there is a game five

Maybe you should starting viewing the Lakers beatable, and not just the Mavs.

I'll answer this for him. Whoever wins game 5*, wins the series.
    *If necessary.

Terrible sig casey

The Mavs are playing well, but they are beatable. It’s not irresponsible to think the Lakers are capable of winning four of five. Calling a fan a joke or delusional just after two games for hoping their team pulls it off is the pot calling the kettle black considering Newrom, Ods.., and others are simply here to hate on the Lakers and provide nothing in terms of thoughtful contribution to NBA discussion.

I said unrealistic, not impossible. I also stated why (Blake can't shoot, Pao forgot how to play and is soft, etc.). In game 1 the Lakers didn't "hang in there", they blew a 16 point lead. They then went on to lose the second game at home as well.

The Mavs at home (even though the Lakers are a decent road team) is a significant advantage for them. Most teams play better at home.

But if you wish to think I'm just here to bash on the Lakers, more power to ya. But, I'm pretty sure I provided my reasoning, rather than just coming in here spouting off.
    Last edited by Newro7ic; 05-05-2011 at 03:04 PM.
    Women just obviously can't write creative music. They're all ripping off the Beatles, who were men. Duh.

So during the Mia/Bos game the other night the announcer explained that Lebron is Left handed? Said he writes lefty, does everything lefty except shooting. That he does right handed. Are you fucking kidding me?! Thats pretty fucking incredible he has learned to shoot that well with the off hand. I would look like a 7th grade girl trying to shoot a 3 lefty.

I'm just here to bash on the Lakers
    Of course you are, but who isn't?
    As long as someone eliminates the lakers, I don't care who wins.
    lol @ lakers
    Easy to be tough when the Lakers clear the lane for him. Lakers refuse to play defense.
    Although they've let Barea score 20 points over two games, you're off when you say the Lakers refuse to play defense. Bad defense is not what's keeping them from breaking through right now. Lakers have managed to hold Dallas to less than Dallas points-for and Lakers points-against averages for the season and playoffs.

Your only other post is about Mello's DUI and how Denver is SOL without him. Is there anything about the league that you like?
    Quote Originally Posted by dj12inches View Post
    What makes me qualified? I've watched EVERY fucking episode of American Idol, and every single episode of The Voice...Forget that I won departmental music awards when I was in the 8th grade choir.

Coachella Junkie schoolofruckus's Avatar

Terrible sig casey

The Mavs are playing well, but they are beatable. Itís not irresponsible to think the Lakers are capable of winning four of five. Calling a fan a joke or delusional just after two games for hoping their team pulls it off is the pot calling the kettle black considering Newrom, Ods.., and others are simply here to hate on the Lakers and provide nothing in terms of thoughtful contribution to NBA discussion.

The Lakers have certainly dug themselves a deep hole, odds are not with them at this point, and although last night was another disgrace, theyíve been able to hang in there in both of these games. Lakers pretty much had a favorable box score in all areas last night except for 3pts and bench points.

Iím not sold the Mavs can play much better than the way they are now, but Iím fairly confident the Lakers are playing near their bottom. If they come out weaker than this on Friday, call me wrong, and Iíll send Phil his Retirement card.

Alright, fine. I guess I'll just take last year's video and color correct it so that the purple and gold confetti is blue and green.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    The childless 20-something year olds on the board who find a 50 something year old man fucking teenage prostitutes distasteful will probably change the hum of their tune once they produce babies, definitely. That's the missing link.

Of course you are, but who isn't?

Although they've let Barea score 20 points over two games, you're off when you say the Lakers refuse to play defense. Bad defense is not what's keeping them from breaking through right now. Lakers have managed to hold Dallas to less than Dallas points-for and Lakers points-against averages for the season and playoffs.
    With that kind of editing job you should work for Fox News. Fantastic work, sir.

Watching Lakers players get out of Barea's way so he can have a straight uncontested layup is not playing defense. Sorry. Despite you thinking Dallas can't play any better, they actually haven't looked fantastic. Sloppy plays and unforced turnovers have plagued both teams. The Lakers defense can't take credit for that.

I'll give some credit for the work they are doing against Dirk, but he makes some shots that would seem impossible. That's what he's always done. Not much you can do about that.

Your only other post is about Mello's DUI and how Denver is SOL without him. Is there anything about the league that you like?
    I haven't been fond of the NBA over the past 10 years because it consists of flopping, traveling, arbitrary 3 second calls, and just all around spoiled players who don't show much heart. That doesn't mean I'm ignorant to the sport. I grew up watching and playing. I do enjoy many of the younger players in the league and think they can help bring the league to some of it's past glories. Only time will tell.

BTW- One of the better Lakers defenders is suspended. Doesn't help their cause and makes many of the "Lakers in 6" claims I'm seeing even less likely. Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by schoolofruckus View Post
    Alright, fine. I guess I'll just take last year's video and color correct it so that the purple and gold confetti is blue and green.
    With that kind of editing job you should work for Fox News. Fantastic work, sir.

Watching Lakers players get out of Barea's way so he can have a straight uncontested layup is not playing defense. Sorry. Despite you thinking Dallas can't play any better, they actually haven't looked fantastic. Sloppy plays and unforced turnovers have plagued both teams. The Lakers defense can't take credit for that.

I'll give some credit for the work they are doing against Dirk, but he makes some shots that would seem impossible. That's what he's always done. Not much you can do about that.

I haven't been fond of the NBA over the past 10 years because it consists of flopping, traveling, arbitrary 3 second calls, and just all around spoiled players who don't show much heart. That doesn't mean I'm ignorant to the sport. I grew up watching and playing. I do enjoy many of the younger players in the league and think they can help bring the league to some of it's past glories. Only time will tell.

BTW- One of the better Lakers defenders is suspended. Doesn't help their cause and makes many of the "Lakers in 6" claims I'm seeing even less likely. Cheers.
    Snap.

NIN/Soundgarden/ - 8/14 - Austin 360
    Woods - 8/20 - Holy Mountain
    Jamie xx - 8/27 - The Mohawk
    Little Dragon - 8/31 - Moody Theater
    Ty Segall - 9/5 - The Mohawk
    Seth Troxler - 9/5 - Vulcan Gas Company
    Black Lips/King Khan & BBQ Show - 9/12 - J. Lorraine Ghost Town

Wheels Of Cheese

I'll definitely agree that this is more the Lakers dropping the ball than the Mavs playing well. Sure their defense has been good, but their offense has been pretty ordinary. Lakers don't go 2-20 from 3pt, and 11-20 from the line, they probably win that game.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Yea I think a lot of men think they are bad ass, but a 12 year old with a AK can take me out I know ...... cr****

Now that Artest is out though, as mentioned above, that definitely throws a monkey wrench and makes things more of an uphill battle for the Lakers. How are you Lakers fans feeling about that?

By the way, I know I will regret posting this but ever since moving to LA I have become SLIGHTLY more fond of the Lakers. I mean, I don't like them by any means but I don't get as annoyed with the fact that it's all I hear about on sports radio and that they are always being talked about on TV. I guess I'm just used to it now. :/ My bay area friends would be so ashamed.

Quote Originally Posted by NachoCat View Post
    So during the Mia/Bos game the other night the announcer explained that Lebron is Left handed? Said he writes lefty, does everything lefty except shooting. That he does right handed. Are you fucking kidding me?! Thats pretty fucking incredible he has learned to shoot that well with the off hand. I would look like a 7th grade girl trying to shoot a 3 lefty.
    I didn't know that either, that's interesting! My boyfriend's son is right handed and is in little league (I know, not the same thing). He bats left handed, though. It's weird, I don't know why he does it, but I guess that's just how he feels the most comfortable. Maybe Lebron just started that way and it worked for him so he hasn't changed it...who knows. We need to do some investigative reporting on this subject.

Artest left the last game early, he's used to beating the crowd.

Quote Originally Posted by casey View Post
    By the way, I know I will regret posting this but ever since moving to LA I have become SLIGHTLY more fond of the Lakers. I mean, I don't like them by any means but I don't get as annoyed with the fact that it's all I hear about on sports radio and that they are always being talked about on TV. I guess I'm just used to it now. :/ My bay area friends would be so ashamed.

There goes my bbff...

*single tear*

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Dylanja View Post
    Artest left the last game early, he's used to beating the crowd.

There goes my bbff...

*single tear*
    Waaaaait, I didn't say I liked them, but I can tolerate them better now. I didn't say I was going to bust out any purple and gold or anything!

Going to watch the Hawks stomp Rose and the Bulls...

Should be a good game. They're well matched, especially since Atlanta has woken up in the playoffs.

I filled out a bracket for the first time in my life this year, it has made watching the playoffs so much more entertaining. My bracket for the west is pretty much fucked since I had picked the spurs to go to the finals but I got everything right on the east so far. I picked the bulls to take the championship though, so even though I typically root for the underdogs in this instance I have to say... GO BULLS!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by SlowMotionApocalypse View Post
    I have snuck in weapons before
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    A butt plug is not a weapon.

Aside from Rose, I dislike/hate every player on the Bulls. So unlikeabull.

BULLS BABY!!!!

How can you hate Deng or Noah?!

Big game tonight!

Yeah, he was the only reason I picked the Bulls, plus it would be a nice comeback considering how poorly they have done since the good ole Jordan days. I just want to win the twenty bucks from the pool. And bragging rights for beating Nick.

I have grudges against both Noah and Rose from college ball (I love UCLA basketball)...so I will never support these Bulls

The hardest part about doing brackets was picking by what I thought would happen compared to what I wanted to happen. There is no way I wanted the Lakers or the Spurs to make it past the first round but I still had them in the semi-finals. I am very happy the Spurs are out of it, even though it means I will probably lose my $5. Although Nick picked Boston to win it all and they aren't looking too good so at least I might beat him in this.

Quote Originally Posted by NachoCat View Post
    BULLS BABY!!!!

How can you hate Deng or Noah?!

Big game tonight!
    Aside from the fact they could both be Suns? They're both good, versatile players, but both of their games are ugly to watch. I appreciate Noah's hustle and wish more players exerted the same effort, but it's not necessarily fun to watch. Same with Deng, boring. Boozer might be the biggest bitch in the league, and there's pictures in this very thread that are worth a thousand words regarding Korver.

I know they form a good cohesive team, they're just absymal to watch outside of Rose. I hope Hotlanta beats them.

Quote Originally Posted by locachica73 View Post
    Yeah, he was the only reason I picked the Bulls, plus it would be a nice comeback considering how poorly they have done since the good ole Jordan days. I just want to win the twenty bucks from the pool. And bragging rights for beating Nick.
    I know you want to win your money, but please don't sympathize with a team that's been a dynasty during our lifetime that included the best player of all time.

You can sympathize with the Cubs, not the Bulls.