Page 5 of 570 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: It's NBA time

Default Re: It's NBA time

Who chooses coach of the year? I am pissed Sloan has never been chosen as coach of the year. He should have been chosen in 1997, 1998, and 2007. Sam Mitchell? Are you fucking kidding me? Toronto lost in the first round of the playoffs last year and did not even reach 50 wins. The Jazz had 51 wins and went to the WCC. That's the WESTERN conference championship. BULLSHIT!
    RAPE STOVE

white power?!

blue/green planet, 3 from the sun, can't miss it

Quote Originally Posted by ThomThom View Post
    Thank God we finally got rid of that steaming pile of shit Kwame Brown. The only thing the Lakers might have to do come offseason is restructure Gasol's contract, which is pretty fucking hefty.
    Woot ! Kwame's contract was ending at the end of the year so we would have had cap room, gave up 2 1st round picks, the rights to Gasol's bro, and young Javaris Crittenton, but dang,

Gasol had 24 and 12 tonight ! Cant' wait for Bynum to get back to see how we compare to Dallas, Suns and San Antonio
    04' 05' 07' 08' 09' 10' 11' 12' 13'
    Metric, Of Monsters, Local Natives, Beach House, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Band of Horses, Stone Roses, Foals, Tegan and Sara or How to Destroy 2 Bears, Violent Femmes, Portugal, Hot Chip, Spiritualized, Simian Mobile or Postal, Moby, New Order, Sigur Ros DIIV, Oh Sees, Grimes, Paul K, Oakey, Vampire Weekend, Pretty LIghts, OMD, WU, RHCP, Dead Can Dance

Shaq to Suns for Marion- What the hell is Steve Kerr smoking?

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_yl...yhoo&type=lgns

This is what you call an overreaction to the Pau Gasol trade. I think Shaq is great, but this is a terrible trade. He is no longer dominant and I just don't see how he will mesh on the floor. Off the court and in the locker room, he'll be a great asset. But man, Kerr screwed the pooch on this one. I am hoping someone can quote me in 4 months and laugh at how wrong I am in saying this, but I am very skeptical.
    For your health

Quote Originally Posted by kreutz2112 View Post
    Sloan has been the best coach in the league since 1996.

I DO agree with this, that guy has always done more with less..

Disclosure - October 12 - Reno, NV.
    Treasure Island Music Festival - October 19 - San Francisco, CA.
    Portugal, The Man - October 22 - Reno, NV.
    Cut Copy - October 31 - Reno, NV.
    Phoenix w/ Alt-J - December 5 - Reno, NV.

COACHELLA '07, '08, '09, '11, '13

You guys need to remember that marion wanted to be traded....why not trade him for Shaq? I don't see him fitting into the offense right away, but he's the only one that's going to be able to body up against the west coast big men (Duncan, Yao...)
    Quote Originally Posted by miscorrections View Post
    I think the safest course is to assume everyone is a fucking nightmare and proceed from there.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyface View Post
    This is what you call an overreaction to the Pau Gasol trade. I think Shaq is great, but this is a terrible trade. He is no longer dominant and I just don't see how he will mesh on the floor. Off the court and in the locker room, he'll be a great asset. But man, Kerr screwed the pooch on this one. I am hoping someone can quote me in 4 months and laugh at how wrong I am in saying this, but I am very skeptical.
    I hope you're wrong. I fear you're right.

what they're saying on the radio here this morning is that Marion (& Banks as well, but who cares) was really getting to be a pain in the ass in the locker room. That it was really damaging 'team chemistry' (one of those terms that gets thrown around a lot that I think may be overemphasized - I mean Shaq and Kobe won three rings together and couldn't stand each other).

Marion's a damned good player but probably not worth his $17mil salary. He can't carry a team. He disappears in some games. Is he better than Shaq is right now? Without question. Will the Suns be better with Shaq than with Marion? Possibly, I guess we'll see. I'd be more excited if it were Marcus Camby though.
    Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    HAY CAN SOMEONE DRIVE DOWN TO THE FESTIVAL GROUNDS AND SEE IF THE BEER BARN IS REALLY A BARN?

thestripe

The Pau Gasol's trede seems to be off to a good start, 24 points last night. Go Lakers.

As for the Shaq trade? blah.

Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    I hope you're wrong. I fear you're right.

what they're saying on the radio here this morning is that Marion (& Banks as well, but who cares) was really getting to be a pain in the ass in the locker room. That it was really damaging 'team chemistry' (one of those terms that gets thrown around a lot that I think may be overemphasized - I mean Shaq and Kobe won three rings together and couldn't stand each other).

Marion's a damned good player but probably not worth his $17mil salary. He can't carry a team. He disappears in some games. Is he better than Shaq is right now? Without question. Will the Suns be better with Shaq than with Marion? Possibly, I guess we'll see. I'd be more excited if it were Marcus Camby though.
    See, Camby would have been a great fit. That's a good trade.

I don't disagree with the fact Marion needed to be traded (for chemistry and financial reasons). I just don't think this is the right trade. I'd love to see what else we could have gotten for Marion.
    For your health

So did this thing go down or what?

This morning I heard Shaq completed his physical and it was a done deal.

I have yet to see anything official, still pending I guess????

Shaq on his way to town to take the physical today.

and has talked to Nash on the phone and said "I won't let you down."
    Last edited by TomAz; 02-06-2008 at 12:09 PM.
    HAY CAN SOMEONE DRIVE DOWN TO THE FESTIVAL GROUNDS AND SEE IF THE BEER BARN IS REALLY A BARN?

With his recent divorce the Scottsdale Slutes should be warned to wear helmets before he plops it on their domes...........

The fact of the matter is that Shaq's a great athlete. He's hurt, but Miami's a shitty team anyway-so how much can you factor in his performance?

Besides, they said Charles Barkley wouldn't fit in with Westphal's offense and KJ and look what happened.
    I think the safest course is to assume everyone is a fucking nightmare and proceed from there.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.

The fact of the matter is that Shaq's a great athlete. He's hurt, but Miami's a shitty team anyway-so how much can you factor in his performance?

Besides, they said Charles Barkley wouldn't fit in with Westphal's offense and KJ and look what happened.
    They didnt win the title, thats what happend. Getting a little concerned Jen? You are not winning a championship as long as the other teams in the west are around the way they are now.

Tom are you happy about 99.9% for sure acquiring Shaq?

NVMND: Read your post above. Still...feel free to comment using different words. I dont tolerate self plagiarism.
    RAPE STOVE

white power?!

Quote Originally Posted by suprefan View Post
    They didnt win the title, thats what happend. Getting a little concerned Jen? You are not winning a championship as long as the other teams in the west are around the way they are now.
    If Jazz can figure out how to win on the road they will be champions this year.
    RAPE STOVE

white power?!

Tom are you happy about 99.9% for sure acquiring Shaq?

NVMND: Read your post above. Still...feel free to comment using different words. I dont tolerate self plagiarism.
    1. I believe they needed to do something.
    2. I'm not sure this is it.
    3. My preference would be that they trade Marion to Boston for Garnett, Allen, and the Red Sox.

Why is it that you think you need to do something? You have the best record in the west and are almost guaranteed to make it to the playoffs. Is it because the suns have struggled in the playoffs?
    RAPE STOVE

white power?!

Yes, struggled in the playoffs, and also struggled against the top teams this year. 0-2 vs the Hornets. 1-2 vs the Lakers. 1-1 vs the Spurs, but Duncan missed the game we won. Last Thursday we played the Spurs here at home (with Tony Parker out) and the Spurs slowed the game down to their infamous brand of sludgeball, turned the game physical, and the Suns collapsed in the last two minutes. If we can hit our outside shots we win, if we can't, we don't. An inside presence is more reliable.

also something has been missing from this year's team. too much.. eh.. not sure what. the chemistry's not been there as in years past.

If Jazz can figure out how to win on the road they will be champions this year.
    I was including the Lakers, Jazz, Spurs and Mavs into the equation. Suns gotta get through those 4 to win it. The Celtics have to beat the Cavs and Detroit pretty much.

Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Yes, struggled in the playoffs, and also struggled against the top teams this year. 0-2 vs the Hornets. 1-2 vs the Lakers. 1-1 vs the Spurs, but Duncan missed the game we won. Last Thursday we played the Spurs here at home (with Tony Parker out) and the Spurs slowed the game down to their infamous brand of sludgeball, turned the game physical, and the Suns collapsed in the last two minutes. If we can hit our outside shots we win, if we can't, we don't. An inside presence is more reliable.

also something has been missing from this year's team. too much.. eh.. not sure what. the chemistry's not been there as in years past.
    I am assuming you left the Jazz (the number one team in the Northwest Division from Utah) off that list just to piss me off and not because you dont think they are a top contender to make it to the finals.
    RAPE STOVE

white power?!

I left Utah off because we beat them once and the other time we played them we were without Nash, Marion and Hill, so that game doesn't even count in my mind.

also because I do not recognize Utah as a state.

You beat us in the middle of our 6 game losing streak (5 of which were on the road). I will agree that we had an unfair advantage last game, but that should not discredit us from being one of the top teams in the west. Next time we play is March 7, I am willing to bet that we win that game.
    RAPE STOVE

white power?!

remeber when all the idiots were talking about Stoudemire being better than KG
    Quote Originally Posted by RotationSlimWang View Post
    Say goodbye to that acid, Greg.

Kruetz is almost as big of a fanboy of the Jazz as he is of Jack Johnson.

Ie: He's a pretty big fanboy of the Jazz.
    Last edited by luckyface; 02-06-2008 at 01:10 PM.
    For your health

Fuck you. I have been a Jazz fan since 1989, srsly, thats 18 years of my life. It's the only professional sports team Utah has had in my entire life and therefore I am passionate about them.

Oh and JJ 4 LYFE YO.
    Last edited by kreutz2112; 02-06-2008 at 01:16 PM.
    RAPE STOVE

white power?!

Fuck you.
    Technical Foul!!

Watch it buddy, next one you're gone!

Chris, Barkley adjusted his offense, got into shape, and helped the team have the best record in the league that year. Despite having injuries (and lots of legal trouble) in the past. Oh, and the Lakers weren't ever able to beat the Jordon/Pippen Chicago Bulls in the finals either.

I'm pretty sure we'll be able to revisit this arguement in a few weeks and be able to tell for sure if he's going to be able to help or not. If not, he'll opt out of his contract at the end of next year, the suns won't resign him, and we'll have lots of money to go after someone else. We wouldn't be able to get it done with Marion, and I'm guessing there weren't any decent offers for him, otherwise, it wouldn't be happening this quick.
    Last edited by captncrzy; 02-06-2008 at 02:10 PM.

IT'S OFFICIAL, SHAQ IS A SUN

Thus he is also considered my boy!

that kind of sucks.
    RAPE STOVE

white power?!