Page 582 of 584 FirstFirst ... 577578579580581582583584 LastLast
Results 17,431 to 17,460 of 17515

Thread: It's NBA time

Default Re: It's NBA time

76ers aren't going to use that logo. It was one of their concepts that has leaked. They decided against it. I like it though.

Love/Warriors trade talks are not dead. Apparently they have agreed on Love/Martin for Klay/Lee. Could still see something done one/before Thursday (draft day).

Lebron opted out, but that does not mean he is leaving. Probably just giving the team more cap space with a reworked contract.

Quote Originally Posted by bobert View Post
    63 million people fly through LAX every year. Most of them leave without a contract from the Lakers.
    yes. some of them leave with a contract from the Clippers.
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

and SA keeps piling it on...
    Papi Piratón!

Knicks and Mavs are close to a deal.
    Tyson Chandler and Raymond Felton for Jose Calderon, Samuel Dalembert, Shane Larkin, Wayne Ellington
    Follow me on Twitter at Klein25
    The Eeries The Troubadour
    Kasabian Oct 8 Wiltern
    The Horrors Oct 14 Santa Ana

Kevin Love killed a deal to Cleveland that would of sent Minnesota the #1 pick in exchange for the PF. It was killed by Love saying he would not resign with the team after next season. Per Woj.

So, Cleveland's looking to bring in Exum for a workout. Seriously? Seriously. wtf?
    Arctic Monkeys - 10.25.14 - Comerica Theater
    Coachella - 4.10.15 - 4.12.15 - Empire Polo Grounds

Well Parker allegedly tanked that workout with the Cavs...When you have a strip called "the flats" as your source of entertainment, I can see why no one wants to stay there long
    Papi Piratón!

Quote Originally Posted by nine day brawl View Post
    So, Cleveland's looking to bring in Exum for a workout. Seriously? Seriously. wtf?
    You're surprised that the team that holds the #1 pick wants to work out one of the draft's top prospects? How is that shocking? They could be posturing, they could be planning on trading out #1 or they could legitimately be interested in taking him with the top selection. In any case they'd be stupid not to work Exum out.

Lulz!

Cavs have offered to send a private jet to NY to pick up Dante Exum for workout in Cleveland,source said.Exum still undecided if he is going

- Marc J. Spears
    Papi Piratón!

Quote Originally Posted by footixy View Post

and SA keeps piling it on...
    It's weird to see a hugely successful team like the Spurs have such an enormous inferiority complex.
    Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    Has Pitchfork revealed it's top 200 covers by Arcade Fire yet?

Bonobo (DJ set) - 10/10 - The Mohawk
    Screaming Females - 10/23 - Red 7
    Caribou & Jessy Lanza - 11/23 - The Mohawk

overall the draft went as expected, it was too deep for any huge trades to happen, I looooove that Randle pick for my Lake Show and that Jordan Clarkson pick will be a treat as well but the best part of it all was this...

Papi Piratón!

I think it's hilarious that Jason Kidd got traded once again in his career. I really don't know what the Bucks see in him but ok
    Kasabian Oct 8 Wiltern

come on now Rockets....Really?!?
    Papi Piratón!

ESPN are on the Heats jock so hard that they're pulling up so many stupid facts to how Josh McRoberts will be a contributor for next season
    Kasabian Oct 8 Wiltern

Wow... The Rockets want to offer Bosh the max? Sounds a little desperate to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by superfan View Post
    And I have a dick for you to eat if youre hungry still.

So can someone please explain to me. probably a Suns fan, how the hell Channing Frye is worth a 4 year 32 million contract? What is Orlando thinking? That just seems absurd to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Why aren't there more good role models for fat people who fall down a lot?

I think Orlando is at a weird point in which it has just a freakishly young roster, which means small contracts. They need to get above the salary floor for next season. Orlando can certainly afford to throw money at someone, and they kind of need to. It's the same reason they signed Ben Gordon. Before you say "why don't they just sign Luol Deng or Pau Gasol to take up some cap space?" well, good luck attracting those types of guys. They're in the position to overpay a 30-something year old who isn't quite a star player, but will still play a role on the team. In Frye's case, he'll be a starter and a veteran leader on a really young team. Aaron Gordon is probably not ready to start so bringing in a vet like Channing Frye to play power forward makes sense. He's probably not worth it, but if any team can pay him that much without much consequence it's Orlando.

Yeah I agree with the above - Orlando are really trying to tread water whilst their young guys develop, and if they score a few more choice draft picks all the better. But there is the minimum expenditure of the salary cap and the issue of having some decent veteran influence to take into account (whether or not you consider Ben Gordon a good influence is open to debate but Frye seems to be a high character guy) They don't seem too concerned by results or roster balance but are planning to have a killer team of young athletic stars in a few years. Risky approach to take.

This free agency period has been weird - some of the signings are a bit odd and I get the feeling so many of the teams that have positioned themselves for a run at a big names are going to be left with very little. As a Bulls fan I have the nasty feeling we are going to be rolling out the 2014 equivalent of Ron Mercer/Carlos Boozer after once again missing out on a major signing. Fuck I hope Mitoric can play.

Frye was good for us last year. Playing the stretch 4 and the perimeter allowed Dragic, Bledsoe, et al a ton of space for them to slash. I didn't watch much of Orlando, but I imagine Oladipo plays with the same slashing style. That should open up their offense a bit, and Frye will be able to shoot from anywhere while luring a big out from underneath the hoop. Also, I read that Frye's cousin is on the team.

Quote Originally Posted by unit300021 View Post
    So can someone please explain to me. probably a Suns fan, how the hell Channing Frye is worth a 4 year 32 million contract? What is Orlando thinking? That just seems absurd to me.
    As everyone else has mentioned, his deal is relative to the rough predicament that Orlando is in. I've seen Frye on his best nights knock down 5 three pointers, seemingly unable to miss that mid range jumper and I'm sure that's the player Orlando is hoping to get. But then again his wide open looks are only as good as the surrounding players who are setting him up. The guy simply can't create his own shot and it is absurd to pay a spot up shooter that much. But...who else would they spend that kind of money on? I guess it could be worth it if Orlando's guards can get into the paint and kick it out to him. I sure wish we could have kept him, but I also would have been pissed if we offered him that much money.

Tommy, were you with us when we saw Channing Frye at that breakfast restaurant in Phoenix?
    Quote Originally Posted by stinkbutt View Post
    It's like finding out an old high school buddy is on meth, and you're not sure if any of the rumors of him giving handies behind Burger King are true but they very likely could be.

What were the Lakers thinking, trying to nab LBJ and Melo -- how would that starting lineup work on the floor? I wouldn't even like the idea of James at PF -- 'power-point', really? That'd mean LA would have to find a pure rim protector and there aren't many available in FA.

Yo DeAndre...

Naw, realistically those guys would have to play for under 20M each next year -- that shit ain't happening lol

Quote Originally Posted by obzen View Post
    What were the Lakers thinking, trying to nab LBJ and Melo -- how would that starting lineup work on the floor? I wouldn't even like the idea of James at PF -- 'power-point', really? That'd mean LA would have to find a pure rim protector and there aren't many available in FA.
    They're trying to sign both players, not both players. Kupchak is hoping he can possibly land one of them - he doesn't want all his eggs in one basket.

3-way trade paves the way for Cleveland to sign Lebron freeing up $9.5M leaving them with $21.7M in cap space.

Cleveland gets future second rounder
    Brooklyn gets Jarrett Jack & Sergey Karasev
    Boston gets Marcus Thornton, Tyler Zeller, & a future Cleveland 1st round pick

Cue GuyInTucson's heavy breathing...

Quote Originally Posted by unit300021 View Post
    I am a Suns fan and I asked this exact same question yesterday at lunch.
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

There's no way he can be worth this. Could he?

Chandler Parsons reportedly signs an offer sheet with the Dallas Mavericks worth in excess of $45 million over 3 years.
    Kasabian Oct 8 Wiltern

^^^^I don't think he's worth that much. But what strikes me as odd is that he would consider leaving Houston a year removed from being one of the main lobbyists in getting Dwight Howard to sign with the Rockets.
    I would never want to belong to any club that would have someone like me for a member...

Jeremy Lin reportedly traded to Philly

http://www.libertyballers.com/2014/7...ade-chris-bosh