Page 581 of 585 FirstFirst ... 576577578579580581582583584585 LastLast
Results 17,401 to 17,430 of 17534

Thread: It's NBA time

Default Re: It's NBA time

Quote Originally Posted by tyles View Post
    Embiid will have to be sat out his first season, ala Blake Griffin and Nerlens Noel. Sucks, but who knows for sure how this will turn out until he actually hits the court?
    For foot surgery? I highly doubt that. He'll probably be ready by December unless he re-injures it.
    Lakers have 28 million in cap room so they can absorb the shitty contracts that Minnesota would like to give up. Lakers can then trade them a bunch of draft picks along with Nash, Brooks, and maybe Gasol.
    Follow me on Twitter at Klein25
    The Eeries The Troubadour
    Kasabian Oct 8 Wiltern
    The Horrors Oct 14 Santa Ana

Quote Originally Posted by theklein25 View Post
    For foot surgery? I highly doubt that. He'll probably be ready by December unless he re-injures it.
    Lakers have 28 million in cap room so they can absorb the shitty contracts that Minnesota would like to give up. Lakers can then trade them a bunch of draft picks along with Nash, Brooks, and maybe Gasol.
    Here are the players that the Lakers currently have under contract:

Kobe
    Nash
    Robert Sacre
    Nick Young (players option)
    Kendall Marshall (team option)

If Minnesota wants Pau Gasol they should just sign him. You know, because he's a free agent.

Because they're 10 million over the cap smart guy.
    Kasabian Oct 8 Wiltern

Because they're 10 million over the cap smart guy.
    How are the Lakers suppose to pull off a trade involving two players that aren't even on the team? Nash is only player you listed that's under contract and he's set to earn over $9 million next season. If Minnesota is looking to shed overpaid players tell me how the fuck that makes sense. Smart guy.
    Last edited by bobert; 06-20-2014 at 03:31 PM.

It's called rebuilding. The current Timberwolves core can't get it done. Why pay players that can't play together, paying a luxury tax is a waste. More cap space sets you up for the future. And free agent or not, it's called a sign and trade. Lakers will just sign Gasol and Brooks, who get paid a little extra for a couple years and then they're gone. That is how Bosh was acquired in Miami, and Steve Nash to Lakers, etc. Why trade for David Lee, he is the epitome of a poor man's Kevin Love. Plus GS can't offer draft picks, which is what the T-Wolves want Smart guy.
    Kasabian Oct 8 Wiltern

Quote Originally Posted by bobert View Post
    I agree that Lebron isn't going there, that's about all agree with here. If his foot heals normally Embiid would probably be cleared to begin running in 14 weeks and could be cleared for basketball activities by December. That would be a normal recovery time for this type of injury and if he's still available at #7 Kupchak will be doing backflips. The Lakers have said all along that they were waiting until after the draft to make their hire. Out of all the newly hired coaches David Blatt is the only candidate I would have liked to see on the Laker's bench. Once we have a better picture of what our roster is gonna look like I'm sure there's still a few basketball coaches out there that are interested in one of the most honorable and prestigious jobs in all of professional sports.
    Embiid's recovery wasn't given an official timetable but the reports are that he is out of action for 4-6 months. That doesn't mean he will begin playing right away either. It's a stress fracture in his foot and whomever decides to draft him will make sure that foot is fully recovered before they even think about putting him on the court. I think the absolute earliest you see him is around the all star break, but I wouldn't be surprised if a team sits him for a season given that he not only has a bum foot, but has also battled back issues this past season. Whoever drafts him will be overly cautious with how they handle him.

Also, I know the Lakers have said all along they are waiting, but it's simply not an attractive job right now. No one denies the legacy that franchise has established, but not many coaches are going to jump on that opportunity. Kobe is well past his prime and he has no support. There is the added pressure of coaching a team in LA that has the second most championship banners in the rafters. If that roster doesn't vastly imprive and fast,they are going to have to settle for someone like Byron Scott.
    Last edited by GuyInTucson; 06-20-2014 at 03:44 PM.
    10/8 - Little Dragon @ Marquee (Tempe, AZ)
    10/11 - Carolina Chocolate Drops @ Rialto Theater (Tucson, AZ)
    11/10 - The Black Keys @ US Airways Center (Phoenix, AZ)
    4/10/15 - 4/12/15 - Coachella

It's called rebuilding. The current Timberwolves core can't get it done. Why pay players that can't play together, paying a luxury tax is a waste. More cap space sets you up for the future. And free agent or not, it's called a sign and trade. Lakers will just sign Gasol and Brooks, who get paid a little extra for a couple years and then they're gone. That is how Bosh was acquired in Miami, and Steve Nash to Lakers, etc. Why trade for David Lee, he is the epitome of a poor man's Kevin Love. Plus GS can't offer draft picks, which is what the T-Wolves want Smart guy.
    The Lakers should offer to trade Carmelo Anthony to the Timberwolves for Kevin Love. Since we're talking about dealing unrestricted free agents not currently under contract I think this makes sense for all sides.

This is a fucking joke right? Smart guy...
    Quote Originally Posted by superfan View Post
    And I have a dick for you to eat if youre hungry still.

Such a joke that it's worked before...

Los Angeles Lakers receive: Pau Gasol and 2010 first round pick (Devin Ebanks)

Memphis receives: Javaris Crittenton, Kwame Brown, Marc Gasol and 2008 and 2010 first round draft picks (Donte Greene, Greivis Vazquez)

The only difference is it will be the 2014 and 2016 first round pick, Pau Gasol, Steve Nash (who would be waived), and someone random like Brooks or Sacre
    Kasabian Oct 8 Wiltern

Look dummy, no one is saying that your idiotic idea is impossible. It just requires that Pau Gasol agree to go play for a shitty rebuilding team when he's explicitly stated he's only interested in playing for a contender.

Memphis receives: Javaris Crittenton, Kwame Brown, Marc Gasol and 2008 and 2010 first round draft picks (Donte Greene, Greivis Vazquez)

The only difference is it will be the 2014 and 2016 first round pick, Pau Gasol, Steve Nash (who would be waived), and someone random like Brooks or Sacre
    There are several teams that would be able to beat that offer.
    10/8 - Little Dragon @ Marquee (Tempe, AZ)
    10/11 - Carolina Chocolate Drops @ Rialto Theater (Tucson, AZ)
    11/10 - The Black Keys @ US Airways Center (Phoenix, AZ)
    4/10/15 - 4/12/15 - Coachella

Quote Originally Posted by GuyInTucson View Post
    There are several teams that would be able to beat that offer.
    Yeah, another swing and miss from theklein.

Nope you'll see when I'm right because it all comes down to Love willing to sign a long term deal. He will b a Laker before 2015 is over. I guarantee it.
    Kasabian Oct 8 Wiltern

You do realize that the Gasol trade was considered one of the most lopsided trades in NBA history right? You do know that trade happened because of the man who orchestrated it right? You do realize your a fuck boy right?

Smart guy...

I still don't even get how the hell that trade even happened. It makes no sense at all but it gave the Lakers a few more rings so I'm obviously not to mad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Why aren't there more good role models for fat people who fall down a lot?

I miss Jerry West...

Wait, didn't the Griz get Marc Gasol in that deal?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Dylanja View Post
    Thank you. That's what I was just about to post. It was considered horribly lopsided at the time but that was before anyone ever saw Marc Gasol in an NBA uniform. It helped both franchises, just not at the same time.

Yeah... I remember back in '08 when it went down I could really give two fucks about Pau's little brother, we got all we could out of Pau, love that ostrich looking motherfucker to pieces.

Quote Originally Posted by ThomThom View Post
    You do realize that the Gasol trade was considered one of the most lopsided trades in NBA history right? You do know that trade happened because of the man who orchestrated it right? You do realize your a fuck boy right?

Smart guy...
    You're one mature person. Anyways LA is his best choice for the long term future
    Kasabian Oct 8 Wiltern

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Dylanja View Post
    They got his rights, but at that time he was a second round draft pick still playing in Spain and not signed. Obviously it ended up in the end working well for Minnesota but at that time that trade still makes no sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Why aren't there more good role models for fat people who fall down a lot?

Even though Klein is stretching the situation a bit, he is right about the trade being possible. Sign n trades are possible and do happen.

Please for the love of god remember something... Pau Gasol is an unrestricted free agent, why in fuck's name would he want to do a sign and trade to a dead franchise that's been rebuilding for over a decade when he can pick where he wants to play? Multiple teams that are looking into getting over the hump in the playoffs are targeting him but he's going to do a sign and trade and end up retiring in Minnesota?

Also, the Timberwolves have made it very clear that they want to continue rebuilding with a young roster, what the fuck are they going to do with a fragile 33 year old center with bad knees? The key to the Lakers participating in any trade is that 7th pick, period.

Sign and trades are possible and do happen, but only under the circumstances that ThomThom just pointed out. If a player wants to a play for a team that doesn't currently have cap room to sign him, that player will then agree to a sign and trade to make the money work. I highly doubt Gasol wants to play in Minnesota.

It looks like Wade is going to opt out and re-sign with Miami at 4 years/50-55 million. That should open up between 4 and 5 million in cap space. I don't think he would have done that unless there was a good reason (i.e. improving the roster and LeBron likely staying).

I don't understand some of these Love rumours. I am a biased Bulls fan but I can't see an offer better than the rumoured Bulls/Wolves packages. Surely a deal that nets Boozer and some combo of Butler, Gibson, Mitoric and pick or two is far better than the latest rumour of Lee & Thompson (with the Wolves apparently giving the Dubs their 2014 lotto pick?!)

I would give them Boozer, Gibson, Mitoric and pick 19 this year and possibly the future Sacto first for Love and filler (Brewer, Martin or similar) Fair for both - gives Wolves a starting PF in his prime - Gibson, an excellent young prospect - Mitoric (who happens to be the same nationality as Rubio) a couple of picks and Boozer for future cap space and after a maddening season of mid-range jumpers and screaming "and one" a lot. The Bulls get a top ten (or higher) player, keep Jimmy and a first from this draft.

GSW offer is inferior as the cap filler (Lee) is a huge downgrade and Thompson is a solid player who benefits from the lack of talent at his position, he is not a max deal type (despite his people feeling otherwise) and he is likely a rental anyway. If the Dubs threw in Barnes it would be more realistic but the Wolves would still need to go through similar bullshit to convince him to extend.

The other rumoured offers are just pie in the sky crap - Boston, LAL and Rockets have nothing worth offering. Just get Love to Bulls already, and hurry before we gut our roster for fucking Melo.

SAME NATIONALITY
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

Melo supposedly is flying to L.A...

as a lifelong Knicks fan all i can say is, i feel bad for you Lakers fans
    Quote Originally Posted by RotationSlimWang View Post
    Say goodbye to that acid, Greg.

Quote Originally Posted by bug on your lip View Post
    Melo supposedly is flying to L.A...

as a lifelong Knicks fan all i can say is, i feel bad for you Lakers fans
    63 million people fly through LAX every year. Most of them leave without a contract from the Lakers. If Melo wants to get paid he'll stay in New York. If he wants to win a championship any time soon I doubt LA is his first choice, but who knows.