Page 580 of 584 FirstFirst ... 575576577578579580581582583584 LastLast
Results 17,371 to 17,400 of 17507

Thread: It's NBA time

Coachella Junkie malcolmjamalawesome's Avatar

Default Re: It's NBA time

I was being serious.
    Quote Originally Posted by ruetheday View Post
    I don't fucking care. I don't even know who the hell Dave Wang is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devin the Dude View Post
    you used to be that guy that just Dave Wang's everybody. that guy. he's gone now, and whoever you really are showed up, and that was utter disappointment.

Papi Piratón!

Pop is the man. Recently I keep thinking about the similarities between the Spurs, and the Patriots, as well as him, and Belichick. They're practically mirrored franchises over the past decade. And let's be honest, the way the Spurs dismantled the entire Western Conference, and the defending champs, they have to be the clear cut favorite to repeat next year. K-Love going to Houston, or Golden State might present a problem, or maybe if the Clippers land another key piece, but even then it might take a year or two for them to gel.

Timmy D is 2-1 vs. LBJ in NBA finals, and yet there really doesn't seem to be a true rivalry between their respective teams. I'm not saying that's good, or bad, just interesting. He's also one title away form the coveted 6th ring, would that earn him a spot in the recent "Mt. Rushmore" talk?
    Quote Originally Posted by Hannahrain View Post
    Will somebody trade their bow ticket for my stern ticket? I have this thing where I get seasick if I'm on the wrong side of the engine room, and it works better with my schedule to be on the front end of the changing time zone.

Even if Duncan does get the 6th ring I still don't see him being part of the Mt. Rushmore talk. Yes he is probably the greatest power forward of all time and he really does deserve to be in the conversation. However the only reason he wont make the Rushmore talk is simply because who the hell are you going to take off for him?
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Why aren't there more good role models for fat people who fall down a lot?

Quote Originally Posted by unit300021 View Post
    Even if Duncan does get the 6th ring I still don't see him being part of the Mt. Rushmore talk. Yes he is probably the greatest power forward of all time and he really does deserve to be in the conversation. However the only reason he wont make the Rushmore talk is simply because who the hell are you going to take off for him?
    Maybe Thomas Jefferson, since he was a slave owner?

Potential No. 1 pick Embiid brakes foot, will not attend NBA Draft.

Well I guess his back is no longer his biggest concern. Horrible timing, time for everyone to redo their mocks.

Damn, and I was hoping the cavs were going to fuck up the pick 2 years in a row
    Papi Piratón!

I'm wondering if Embiid could be still be on the board when the Lakers pick at 7.

I doubt this effects his standing in the draft that badly, but it is the Cavs, so...
    Coachellas attended: 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 (W1), 2013 (W1)

Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    Theme night listing:

Thursday Night: Woo, my parents let me out of the house!
    Friday Night: Woo, my parents let me out of the house!
    Saturday Night: Woo, my parents let me out of the house!
    Sunday Night: Boo, I have to go back to my parent's house!
    The level of sheer laziness and pure speculation and confusion about very easily found and well-known things that this board has gotten to is truly confounding.

It's a shame for Embiid because the ceiling on him is higher than any big man that has come out in a very long time. I was completely warming up to him in Cleveland. Oh well. It's either Wiggins or trade out I think.
    Last edited by GuyInTucson; 06-19-2014 at 12:22 PM.
    7/21 - !!! @ Club Congress (Tucson, AZ)
    8/23 - Galactic @ Rialto Theater (Tucson, AZ)
    8/25 - Future Islands @ 191 Toole (Tucson, AZ)
    10/11 - Carolina Chocolate Drops @ Rialto Theater (Tucson, AZ)
    11/10 - The Black Keys @ US Airways Center (Phoenix, AZ)
    4/10/15 - 4/12/15 - Coachella

Quote Originally Posted by tyles View Post
    I doubt this effects his standing in the draft that badly, but it is the Cavs, so...
    Well there's no way he goes number one now. Parker and Wiggins will surely come off the board first, possibly Dante Exum.

Zero chance the Cavs pick Embiid now. It will be Wiggins, Parker or a trade. My money is on Wiggins right now.

http://espn.go.com/nba/truehoop/miam...ol-not-rebuild

A few quotes from Pat Riley today:

"I think everybody needs to get a grip," Riley said. "This stuff is hard. You have to stay together and find the guts. You don't find the [exit] door and run out of it."
    On mental fatigue being used as an "excuse"-

"I understand that. I don't accept it," Riley said. "Maybe they didn't know how to prepare themselves for four years in the Finals. If that's something as an excuse or to use this as a crutch ... I saw that in the team. I saw the mental fatigue at times. I thought we were hitting a stride when we beat Indiana in Game 6 [of the Eastern Conference finals]. I said we're in a good place. Then we ran into a buzz saw."
    Regarding Carmelo -

"That's a pipe dream," Riley said, without mentioning the name of a potentially targeted player. "But everyone thought 2010 was a pipe dream. That's not where we're headed."
    "It's not about options. It's not about free agency," Riley said. "It's about what we've done over four years. It's about looking around the room now and seeing who is going to stand up. Those four years we've had with LeBron, we're hoping to turn them into eight or 10. We're not walking around on eggshells anymore."
    It sounds to me like Riley knows that they aren't likely to retain the big three and make any sort of splash in free agency. It's either you break up the big three and bring in players around LeBron (which will be tough to accomplish) or retain all three players and pray they have another title run or two left.
    Last edited by GuyInTucson; 06-19-2014 at 12:48 PM.

So you think Miami will find a trade partner for Bosh or Wade? You say "break up the big three" like Miami has any control of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Dylanja View Post
    Pop is the man.
    I really dislike the Spurs (fuck you Robert Horry) but it is impossible not to respect the hell out of Popovich. And he seems like such a likable guy. Down to earth, appreciative of the people who have helped him achieve what he has. I get the Belichick comparison and agree with about 70% of it.. there are some key differences though: Popovich doesn't cheat, and Belichick hasn't won a championship in 10 years.
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

There is talk about Love being moved to Golden State. I would be Love and Brewer for Klay, Lee, and Barnes. If I'm Golden State I'm not doing that trade. I wouldn't break up Curry and Klay especially while Love is an upgrade he isn't that major of an upgrade over Lee.

I don't want the Lakers going anywhere near Embiid even if he is still there at the 7 spot. I not even worried about the foot, but his history of back issues at only 19 I see Greg Oden written all over him.
    Why aren't there more good role models for fat people who fall down a lot?

Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    I get the Belichick comparison and agree with about 70% of it.. there are some key differences though: Popovich doesn't cheat, and Belichick hasn't won a championship in 10 years.
    Pop also has a sense of humor.

Quote Originally Posted by unit300021 View Post
    There is talk about Love being moved to Golden State. I would be Love and Brewer for Klay, Lee, and Barnes. If I'm Golden State I'm not doing that trade. I wouldn't break up Curry and Klay especially while Love is an upgrade he isn't that major of an upgrade over Lee.
    No. Lee cant hold a candle to Love, are you kidding?

If you're golden state this is the perfect opportunity to get rid of Klay because he is going to demand (per his agent) max money that you wont pay so its only a little while before you lose him.

So Minny wanting a pick is holding up the trade, I still don't see why breaking up that fine back court for a guy that just might bolt to the Lakers would work

...oh yea Cavs trying something new in a euro coach *shrug*
    Papi Piratón!

Quote Originally Posted by HotHamWater View Post
    So you think Miami will find a trade partner for Bosh or Wade? You say "break up the big three" like Miami has any control of that.
    They hold some sort of control in the sense that it's obvious that LeBron wants to know what Miami's plan will be going forward. If the plan is something LeBron, Bosh and / or Wade do not buy into, I am willing to bet Miami would look into potential trade partners, especially for Bosh, in order to appease LeBron. Every day that passes the more I think he is gone. Where? I don't know. And that's the only reservation I have about believing he is gone: there really aren't many great options for him right now. Miami is too old. Cleveland is too young and most other teams will have to give up key components in order to take on LeBron's salary (i.e., the Clippers would likely have to move Griffin). If there was a perfect fit somewhere else, I would have no doubt he has one foot out of the door. Miami for one more year seems possible, I suppose, but in my opinion, it's simply a throw away year to give Miami and the rest of the league more time to put something together he likes.

Gregg Doyel tweeted out an article from fellow CBS writer Matt Moore that states that LeBron wasn't happy with Mickey Arison last season.

David Pingalore -- a former Cleveland reporter who is now in Florida and originally reported the Urban Meyer to OSU rumors a few years back -- stated that Arison and LeBron had a meeting behind the scenes before LeBron left for vacation and it didn't go well.

I mean, take all that for what it's worth of course, but I am getting the sense that I did in 2010 and that is that if LeBron can find a situation he likes, he will leave Miami. The trouble is actually finding a team that will fit him.

Quote Originally Posted by footixy View Post
    So Minny wanting a pick is holding up the trade, I still don't see why breaking up that fine back court for a guy that just might bolt to the Lakers would work

...oh yea Cavs trying something new in a euro coach *shrug*
    Blatt is actually pretty highly regarded among players and coaches. He was a hot commodity coming from overseas and he was being advised to take an assistant job under Kerr for a season and then go into the market next season, but he wanted a head coaching gig now. he would have been poached next offseason if the Cavs didn't hire him now. It's honestly the first Cavs hire I have actually liked. I am too young to rememeber when they hired Lenny Wilkens and I don't recall liking a single coaching move since then.

Blatt is drawing a lot of comparisons to Pop in terms of the style of basketball he coaches on both ends of the court. He emphasizes strong defense creating opportunities for the offense and preaches a lot of motion and passing on offense. He is the kind of guy you want coaching your team if you are a market or franchsie that struggles attracting elite talent. I am glad they didn't mess around and wait for LeBron to hint at what he's doing. I think they have a good coach now.

I like the Blatt hire. He'll find a way to get Anthony Bennett to average nearly 6 points a game next season
    Follow me on Twitter at Klein25
    Spoon Aug 8 Hollywood
    Kasabian Oct 8 Wiltern
    The Horrors Oct 14 Santa Ana

Only time will tell with that Blatt hire, obviously the cavs believe in his system for 4 yrs 20mil

What's intriguing is the Lakers going into the draft with that high a pick, coachless....who's pick is it really? Are they really trying to lure LeBron in him dictating the future of the Lake Show?
    Papi Piratón!

Watch Embiid fall in the draft low enough for the Lakers to draft him, and in this dream scenario, he's totally healthy for the season. Not saying this would happen, per say, but the possibility has just gotten greater for this outcome to be more likely.

Theme night listing:

The level of sheer laziness and pure speculation and confusion about very easily found and well-known things that this board has gotten to is truly confounding.

There is zero chance Embiid is ready for the season and the Lakers don't have a coach because no one wants that job. LeBron is not going there.

Quote Originally Posted by GuyInTucson View Post
    There is zero chance Embiid is ready for the season and the Lakers don't have a coach because no one wants that job. LeBron is not going there.
    I agree that Lebron isn't going there, that's about all agree with here. If his foot heals normally Embiid would probably be cleared to begin running in 14 weeks and could be cleared for basketball activities by December. That would be a normal recovery time for this type of injury and if he's still available at #7 Kupchak will be doing backflips. The Lakers have said all along that they were waiting until after the draft to make their hire. Out of all the newly hired coaches David Blatt is the only candidate I would have liked to see on the Laker's bench. Once we have a better picture of what our roster is gonna look like I'm sure there's still a few basketball coaches out there that are interested in one of the most honorable and prestigious jobs in all of professional sports.

Joel Embiid was gonna be a draft bust anyways so this is good news for the teams picking 1-5.
    Lakers about to acquire Kevin Love anyways because they can put together a far better package than Golden State, just wait.
    Follow me on Twitter at Klein25
    Spoon Aug 8 Hollywood
    Kasabian Oct 8 Wiltern
    The Horrors Oct 14 Santa Ana

Embiid will have to be sat out his first season, ala Blake Griffin and Nerlens Noel. Sucks, but who knows for sure how this will turn out until he actually hits the court?

Theme night listing:

Quote Originally Posted by theklein25 View Post
    Joel Embiid was gonna be a draft bust anyways so this is good news for the teams picking 1-5.
    Lakers about to acquire Kevin Love anyways because they can put together a far better package than Golden State, just wait.
    Ok, and what are the Lakers going to offer up for this trade?

Meanwhile, that trade with GSW is looking pretty good... Golden State with Curry and Love is going to be pretty dangerous.

Theme night listing:

Quote Originally Posted by tyles View Post
    Embiid will have to be sat out his first season, ala Blake Griffin and Nerlens Noel.
    If you'll remember, Griffin was only supposed to be out 7 weeks with the stress fracture in his knee but it didn't heal properly. Embiid just had surgery, unless he re-fractures that bone he'll be physically ready for the regular season. Obviously it sucks that he'll miss all that off-season preparation with his teammates but you guys are overblowing the severity of this thing.