Page 579 of 584 FirstFirst ... 574575576577578579580581582583 ... LastLast
Results 17,341 to 17,370 of 17515

Thread: It's NBA time

Default Re: It's NBA time

Miami hasn't lost back to back playoff games since LeBron has been a part of the team.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Why aren't there more good role models for fat people who fall down a lot?

Quote Originally Posted by unit300021 View Post
    Miami hasn't lost back to back playoff games since LeBron has been a part of the team.
    They lost to the Mavericks in 2011 in 6
    Follow me on Twitter at Klein25
    The Eeries The Troubadour
    Kasabian Oct 8 Wiltern
    The Horrors Oct 14 Santa Ana

That was quite a first half. Leonard, and Green were unconscious, and incredible. Impressive road win.

I keep rooting for the Spurs til I remember they're the Spurs. then I root for the Heat til I remember they're lebron. then i turn it off.
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

Kawhi Motherfucking Leonard

...kid is a monster, hope he gets finals MVP

Oh yeah, Heat fans gotta be the worst. ..way to support your team
    Last edited by footixy; 06-13-2014 at 06:27 AM.
    Papi Piratón!

Papi Piratón!

Quote Originally Posted by footixy View Post
    Kawhi Motherfucking Leonard

...kid is a monster, hope he gets finals MVP

Oh yeah, Heat fans gotta be the worst. ..way to support your team
    Booing your own team in The Finals? I know the Heat weren't executing, but it's The Finals... Christ on a Popsicle stick that was shitty... Move that team to Seattle...

How lopsided were the games in Miami? Heat led by a total of 93 seconds. Spurs led by double digits for roughly 77 of 96 minutes
    Papi Piratón!

Quote Originally Posted by bobert View Post
    Lucidity, come back to me. Put all five senses back to where they're meant to be.

What does LeBron do in the offseason, assuming the Spurs close this out? It's not like it's getting any easier for him to win there going forward. Does he opt in for one more year? I am not sure this Heat roster could win another title as constructed. Carmelo isn't going there unless there are significant paycuts taken or at least one of the big three departs. What other team is out there that he could sign with theat gives him the best potential for the future? Staying in Miami and banking on Riley being able to retool despite not having much to work with? Does he go out west to the Lakers or Clippers? The Bulls? Back home to Cleveland? A darkhorse team we aren't talking about?

I mean, seriously, does anyone see him winning a title in Miami any time soon if he sticks around if they can't pull off a miracle and win it now?
    10/8 - Little Dragon @ Marquee (Tempe, AZ)
    10/11 - Carolina Chocolate Drops @ Rialto Theater (Tucson, AZ)
    11/10 - The Black Keys @ US Airways Center (Phoenix, AZ)
    4/10/15 - 4/12/15 - Coachella

Quote Originally Posted by GuyInTucson View Post
    What does LeBron do in the offseason, assuming the Spurs close this out? It's not like it's getting any easier for him to win there going forward. Does he opt in for one more year? I am not sure this Heat roster could win another title as constructed. Carmelo isn't going there unless there are significant paycuts taken or at least one of the big three departs. What other team is out there that he could sign with theat gives him the best potential for the future? Staying in Miami and banking on Riley being able to retool despite not having much to work with? Does he go out west to the Lakers or Clippers? The Bulls? Back home to Cleveland? A darkhorse team we aren't talking about?

I mean, seriously, does anyone see him winning a title in Miami any time soon if he sticks around if they can't pull off a miracle and win it now?
    Lebron, K-Love, and Rondo would put up a few more banners in the Garden rafters

I might have to undergo ECT in order to start rooting for King James, though.

I think the Heat will build a brand new nucleus around LeBron and get some new shiny toys for Spoelstra, don't see Bosh and Wade coming back, maybe one of them but not both. This will allow the Heat to give LeBron a true "max" contract and sign some role players and perhaps a new big name, which could be Melo or a sign and trade for K-Love.
    Quote Originally Posted by superfan View Post
    And I have a dick for you to eat if youre hungry still.

If I were Mr. James, I would give Chicago a long, long look. Solid ownership, a good front office, a great coach, a defensive team that plays hard even when their superstar goes down...

Quote Originally Posted by ThomThom View Post
    I think the Heat will build a brand new nucleus around LeBron and get some new shiny toys for Spoelstra, don't see Bosh and Wade coming back, maybe one of them but not both. This will allow the Heat to give LeBron a true "max" contract and sign some role players and perhaps a new big name, which could be Melo or a sign and trade for K-Love.
    Unless Miami can find a trade partner for Bosh and/or Wade, they're both coming back. They both have early termination options on their contracts after this season, and it's up to them to exercise those or not. Miami doesn't really have the power to not bring them back.

If LeBron, Wade, Bosh, and Melo don't take massive pay cuts, Miami will likely just let most of their free agents walk and try to get younger or more athletic. Easier said than done, as this free-agent class isn't the strongest. I can see Miami not re-signing Mario Chalmers, so that will take $4 million off the books. Shane Battier will likely retire, and that's another $3.27 million. If they re-sign Ray Allen, it may only be for another year. Two max. If not, that's $3.2 million gone. Toney Douglas and James Jones are up in the air. The Heat players, specifically LeBron, love having Jones on the roster. So Douglas may be an odd man out there. I have no clue what will happen with Rashard Lewis. He may have earned himself another one or two-year deal with his most steady playoff performances. Greg Oden and/or Michael Beasley will be gone. Weird to say, but I think Oden has more of a chance to stick around. They also have to decide if they want to pick up Justin Hamilton's option, and I doubt they will unless they just have some extra money to burn. Udonis Haslem has a player option that he'll likely pick up, worth $4.62 million.

If they don't re-sign some of those free agents, they're looking at about $10 million in cap room. Assuming Ray Allen, Rashard Lewis, Oden, and James Jones don't get significant raises. If Carmelo doesn't come to Miami, Bosh, James, and Wade will likely just opt in. I also heard the salary cap would increase by $5 million. Realistically, the best fits for Miami would be Thabo Sefolosha and/or Shawn Marion. That doesn't necessarily make them younger, but it gives them better perimeter defenders. They also have a late 1st-round draft pick, and maybe someone like Shabazz Napier would be available.

So they could sign Sefolosha and Marion to short-term contracts, and see who's available after 2014-2015 when Chris Andersen, Norris Cole, and Udonis Haslem are off the books. That's another $8 million to play with.

Miami and Pat Riley have proven to be pretty competent, and LeBron has won 2 titles with them. I think he and Pat Riley meet and Riley lays out his plan. I have a feeling LeBron will put trust in Riley, as he should. They don't need major tweaks, honestly. With LeBron there, Miami is the favorite in the East for the foreseeable future.

Quote Originally Posted by santasutt View Post
    Lebron, K-Love, and Rondo would put up a few more banners in the Garden rafters

I might have to undergo ECT in order to start rooting for King James, though.
    I have a feeling that if the best player in the world signed with Boston, you'd find it in you to root for him. As tough as that concept might be.

Coachella Junkie malcolmjamalawesome's Avatar

I think it's safe to say we all agree the Heat are the worst team in the NBA.
    Quote Originally Posted by ruetheday View Post
    I don't fucking care. I don't even know who the hell Dave Wang is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devin the Dude View Post
    you used to be that guy that just Dave Wang's everybody. that guy. he's gone now, and whoever you really are showed up, and that was utter disappointment.

It's safe to say LeBron just can't elevate his game to take over games as important as the finals...
    Papi Piratón!

The greatest finals beatdown ever! Way to become the pacers in this series Miami
    Papi Piratón!

It's safe to say LeBron just can't elevate his game to take over games as important as the finals...
    Dwayne Wade didn't do shit
    Follow me on Twitter at Klein25
    The Eeries The Troubadour
    Kasabian Oct 8 Wiltern
    The Horrors Oct 14 Santa Ana

Suddenly Cleveland looks like a viable destination for LeBron.

Well done Spurs though, what a great team to watch and I'm proud of our little Aussie sniper Patty - played big when they needed him.

I see this type of dumbassery exists on the Coachella Message Board, as well.

No offense, footixy, it's just a slackjawed way to look at this game and series.

LeBron had 31 / 10 / 5. And two blocks. His supporting cast went into the tank. It's definitely not his fault.

He has a serious choice to make this offseason. As constructed, the Heat can't win a title and, at this point, would have a very tough time making it out of the east. Even after sitting so many games during the regular season, Dwyane Wade looked DONE in the finals. Bosh is a face-up four who forgot how to rebound. They have no tradable assets. No valuable draft picks. They may be able to bring a piece in this offseason. Bosh may opt out and get a max deal elsewhere. If that happens, they might land a free agent, but who? Carmelo? Does LeBron really think that works?

Tommy seems to believe he will put faith in Pat Riley and will stay but I simply don't see that. There isn't much for Riley to work with to make a Shaq-esque trade and there isn't a group of free agents that have conspired to play for his team this time around. Of course, James could opt in one more year and give it another push, but does he think the Heat are in a position to win a title at any point in the near future?
    Last edited by GuyInTucson; 06-15-2014 at 08:19 PM.

I don't understand why they just didn't use Chris Bosh the way he can play. He is an easy 25-10 guy that they turned basically into a corner 3 person. I understand LeBron needs his touches in the paint but holy shit just to forget about Bosh completely is insane. I think it was game 3 where he only had 12 touches the entire game is just stupid.

Also anyone saying shit on LeBron is was off and just needs to shut up already. I mean what where the last 2 championships about then? I am also not buying LeBron is leaving Miami, I still just don't see it even after this. Bosh leaves, Wade retires, and they bring in Carmello and Deng and they will be fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Why aren't there more good role models for fat people who fall down a lot?

Bosh leaves where? He won't command on the open market what he's due to receive from Miami. And Wade isn't leaving $40 million on the table to retire.

Kawhi Leonard is set to make 2,894,059 next year and is the last year on his contract. Wonder what his raise is going to look like.

Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    I think it's safe to say we all agree the Heat are the worst team in the NBA.
    sarcasm anyone?

any true basketball fan just witnessed some of the best fundamental basketball ever played on the finals stage in the Spurs yet everyone is talking about LeBron not cementing more of his legacy. I get it, he is the best player in the world and has achieved much and the criticism comes with that status, on top of Miami being in the finals 4 straight years but the Spurs, come on now, after a demoralizing finals loss last year to come out the gates and completely demolish a great team like the Heat is quite impressive....Unselfishness + High basketball IQ + Shooting ability not to mention Duncan winning a title across 3 decades ..oh and Kawhi Finals MVP @ 22 goddamn!!!

...back to LeBron talk
    Papi Piratón!

I'm not aware of your posting history/style enough to know you were being sarcastic. My apologies.

San Antonio was perfectly built to beat a team like Miami, and should be getting all the credit for this. Popovich knows the Spurs would have trouble with the Heat if the Spurs reverted to one-on-one play, which they did some last year in the Finals. So he drilled it in his team to make Miami's old and/or slow perimeter players run around screens and chase passes. On almost every possession, the Spurs passed into a mismatch or open shot. That was gorgeous basketball. I really think Popovich might be the best coach in NBA history.

I'm with you on giving them credit and not making it about LeBron. I really haven't seen much about this affecting LeBron's legacy, though. Most of the things I've read have pertained to whether or not he'll opt out of his contract.

Quote Originally Posted by HotHamWater View Post
    Bosh leaves where? He won't command on the open market what he's due to receive from Miami. And Wade isn't leaving $40 million on the table to retire.
    I tend to disagree. I think there is a team with money that would be willing to shell out a decent amount to Bosh. Not saying he necessarily deserves it, but I believe someone will overpay for him. Big men in the NBA come at a premium and Bosh is one who has two championship rings now and his agent will play that up.

Pay attention to Houston in this situation. They will attempt to dump Asik and / or Lin this offseason and I am willing to bet they'd give Bosh a nice fat contract offer. I can also see Miami letting Bosh walk in hopes of being able to use that money elsewhere.

I tend to disagree. I think there is a team with money that would be willing to shell out a decent amount to Bosh. Not saying he necessarily deserves it, but I believe someone will overpay for him. Big men in the NBA come at a premium and Bosh is one who has two championship rings now and his agent will play that up.

Pay attention to Houston in this situation. They will attempt to dump Asik and / or Lin this offseason and I am willing to bet they'd give Bosh a nice fat contract offer. I can also see Miami letting Bosh walk in hopes of being able to use that money elsewhere.
    Of course Miami will let Bosh walk if he opts out and the idea isn't to take less money in Miami. The Heat would not give Bosh a raise after seeing him opt out of a $20 million contract. I'm not saying you're doing this, but there seems to be a misconception that Miami is in control of bringing back Bosh and Wade. They're not, it's up to Bosh and Wade to exercise their early termination options or not. If Wade and Bosh both say "fuck you, pay me," there's really not much Miami can do.

I just can't see Bosh commanding more than $20 million a year on the open market, but maybe it's possible. If he and his agent tried to pull the 2-time champion shit on me, I'd be tempted to bring up the 0 points he put up in Game 7 of the Finals last year. Or the games he missed against Indiana in 2012 that Miami was still able to win. "You were a contributor to a title team, but get the fuck out of my face with $21 million. You weren't that vital." That may not be putting things in full context, but that's the card I could play.