Page 574 of 584 FirstFirst ... 569570571572573574575576577578579 ... LastLast
Results 17,191 to 17,220 of 17507

Thread: It's NBA time

Default Re: It's NBA time

Quote Originally Posted by footixy View Post
    Magic needs to shut the fuck up, please Lakers make the right choice this time...I would love a complete rebuild with Ollie taking over but LA is all about dynasties

Hey Buddha, Heat in 5 next round
    As much as I love my Raps, if they make it by the Nets, it will be like hitting a cement wall when we meet the Heat. That will be a quick series. It's ok though -- At worst, I will get to see 2 games of "Playoff Lebron" live if we can overcome Brooklyn...

I don't have anything against Toronto, but a Heat vs. Nets match up would be a million times more interesting/entertaining.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hannahrain View Post
    Will somebody trade their bow ticket for my stern ticket? I have this thing where I get seasick if I'm on the wrong side of the engine room, and it works better with my schedule to be on the front end of the changing time zone.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Dylanja View Post
    I don't have anything against Toronto, but a Heat vs. Nets match up would be a million times more interesting/entertaining.
    To be honest, after watching the Nets in this series you realize they aren't a very good team. Miami would make a quick meal out of them. They are soft up front and most of their veterans have seen better days (if you are a Garnett fan, it's heart-breaking to watch him as a shell of what he once was. I don't think Kidd even bothered calling Pierce's or KG's names in the entire 4th quarter last night.)

The Heat/Nets matchup might look good on paper but I think it would be a dud competitively. At least in a Heat/Raptors series, we'll get to see Lowry abuse Chalmers. If you thought Lebron yelled at Mario before, this could be a whole new level of entertainment...

Clearly you didn't watch the Nets annoy the fucking piss out of the Heat all season... That series would be a blast to watch in the playoffs.
    Quote Originally Posted by superfan View Post
    And I have a dick for you to eat if youre hungry still.

BTW, did anyone see Lowry break Deron Williams' ankles twice last night?

Once at the beginning of the game and again at the end.

Lowry is going to make bank as a free agent next year...

Quote Originally Posted by ThomThom View Post
    Clearly you didn't watch the Nets annoy the fucking piss out of the Heat all season... That series would be a blast to watch in the playoffs.
    Recent history has shown that it really doesn't matter how a team performs against Miami in the regular season. Over the past few years, people have said the same thing you said about the Bulls and the Celtics. The Heat were something like 4-11 against those teams in the regular season during LeBron's first two seasons, and the Heat won all 3 series in the playoffs against them. The only one that was interesting was the 2012 Eastern Conference Finals. The 2011 Bulls owned the Heat in the regular season, but lost in 5 in the EC Finals.

Regular-season Miami and postseason Miami are often completely different beasts.

Quote Originally Posted by ThomThom View Post
    I think the Nets are out of gas. I am not sure whether the second half of the season and righting the ship took too much energy out of them, but they are cashed in the the playoffs now.

Other than their 44pt (?) outpouring in the 4th quarter last night, their play gets worse from game to game in this series.

Toronto isn't playing their best and they are up 3-2...

I never implied that the Nets would win a playoff series against the Heat, but it would be entertaining as fuck to watch in this type of high octane setting... Dating back to their Celtic days Paul Pierce and KG have always had a tendency to make Lebron's hairline recede even more whenever they play each other.

Nobody gives a fuck about Toronto.

Kareem Abdul-Jabbar: Welcome to the Finger-Wagging Olympics
    Kareem Abdul-Jabbar @kaj33 April 28, 2014

It's time to look at ourselves — and our collective moral outrage — in the mirror, says former NBA player Kareem Abdul-Jabbar.

Moral outrage is exhausting. And dangerous. The whole country has gotten a severe case of carpal tunnel syndrome from the newest popular sport of Extreme Finger Wagging. Not to mention the neck strain from Olympic tryouts for Morally Superior Head Shaking. All over the latest in a long line of rich white celebrities to come out of the racist closet. (Was it only a couple days ago that Cliven Bundy said blacks would be better off picking cotton as slaves? And only last June Paula Deen admitted using the “N” word?)

Yes, I’m angry, too, but not just about the sins of Donald Sterling. I’ve got a list. But let’s start with Sterling. I used to work for him, back in 2000 when I coached for the Clippers for three months. He was congenial, even inviting me to his daughter’s wedding. Nothing happened or was said to indicate he suffered from IPMS (Irritable Plantation Master Syndrome). Since then, a lot has been revealed about Sterling’s business practices:

2006: U.S. Dept. of Justice sued Sterling for housing discrimination. Allegedly, he said, “Black tenants smell and attract vermin.”
    2009: He reportedly paid $2.73 million in a Justice Dept. suit alleging he discriminated against blacks, Hispanics, and families with children in his rentals. (He also had to pay an additional nearly $5 million in attorneys fees and costs due to his counsel’s “sometimes outrageous conduct.”)
    2009: Clippers executive (and one of the greatest NBA players in history) sued for employment discrimination based on age and race.

And now the poor guy’s girlfriend (undoubtedly ex-girlfriend now) is on tape cajoling him into revealing his racism. Man, what a winding road she led him down to get all of that out. She was like a sexy nanny playing “pin the fried chicken on the Sambo.” She blindfolded him and spun him around until he was just blathering all sorts of incoherent racist sound bites that had the news media peeing themselves with glee.

They caught big game on a slow news day, so they put his head on a pike, dubbed him Lord of the Flies, and danced around him whooping.

I don’t blame them. I’m doing some whooping right now. Racists deserve to be paraded around the modern town square of the television screen so that the rest of us who believe in the American ideals of equality can be reminded that racism is still a disease that we haven’t yet licked.

What bothers me about this whole Donald Sterling affair isn’t just his racism. I’m bothered that everyone acts as if it’s a huge surprise. Now there’s all this dramatic and very public rending of clothing about whether they should keep their expensive Clippers season tickets. Really? All this other stuff I listed above has been going on for years and this ridiculous conversation with his girlfriend is what puts you over the edge? That’s the smoking gun?

He was discriminating against black and Hispanic families for years, preventing them from getting housing. It was public record. We did nothing. Suddenly he says he doesn’t want his girlfriend posing with Magic Johnson on Instagram and we bring out the torches and rope. Shouldn’t we have all called for his resignation back then?

Shouldn’t we be equally angered by the fact that his private, intimate conversation was taped and then leaked to the media? Didn’t we just call to task the NSA for intruding into American citizen’s privacy in such an un-American way? Although the impact is similar to Mitt Romney’s comments that were secretly taped, the difference is that Romney was giving a public speech. The making and release of this tape is so sleazy that just listening to it makes me feel like an accomplice to the crime. We didn’t steal the cake but we’re all gorging ourselves on it.

Make no mistake: Donald Sterling is the villain of this story. But he’s just a handmaiden to the bigger evil. In our quest for social justice, we shouldn’t lose sight that racism is the true enemy. He’s just another jerk with more money than brains.

So, if we’re all going to be outraged, let’s be outraged that we weren’t more outraged when his racism was first evident. Let’s be outraged that private conversations between people in an intimate relationship are recorded and publicly played. Let’s be outraged that whoever did the betraying will probably get a book deal, a sitcom, trade recipes with Hoda and Kathie Lee, and soon appear on Celebrity Apprentice and Dancing with the Stars.

The big question is “What should be done next?” I hope Sterling loses his franchise. I hope whoever made this illegal tape is sent to prison. I hope the Clippers continue to be unconditionally supported by their fans. I hope the Clippers realize that the ramblings of an 80-year-old man jealous of his young girlfriend don’t define who they are as individual players or as a team. They aren’t playing for Sterling—they’re playing for themselves, for the fans, for showing the world that neither basketball, nor our American ideals, are defined by a few pathetic men or women.

Let’s use this tawdry incident to remind ourselves of the old saying: “Eternal vigilance is the price of freedom.” Instead of being content to punish Sterling and go back to sleep, we need to be inspired to vigilantly seek out, expose, and eliminate racism at its first signs.

Kareem Abdul-Jabbar is a six-time National Basketball Association champion and league Most Valuable Player. Follow him on Twitter (@KAJ33) and Facebook (facebook.com/KAJ).
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

"I wish I had just paid her off"
    Coachellas attended: 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 (W1), 2013 (W1)

Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    Theme night listing:

Thursday Night: Woo, my parents let me out of the house!
    Friday Night: Woo, my parents let me out of the house!
    Saturday Night: Woo, my parents let me out of the house!
    Sunday Night: Boo, I have to go back to my parent's house!
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    The level of sheer laziness and pure speculation and confusion about very easily found and well-known things that this board has gotten to is truly confounding.

Three game sevens happening tomorrow night!
    CHECK OUT HOW ME AND MY BORING FRIENDS EXPERIENCE COACHELLA!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7FL8IWFxMU

Lillard's a motherfucking beast!
    Papi Piratón!

UNFUCKINGBELIEVABLE

Amazing game
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    They check your age at a rave? That means its not a rave.

History repeated
    Last edited by footixy; 05-02-2014 at 09:45 PM.
    Papi Piratón!

These playoffs are giving me hypertension.

I used to love the shit out of Brandon Roy... *sigh*

WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW

Such an amazing first round.
    Follow me on Twitter at Klein25
    Spoon Aug 8 Hollywood
    Kasabian Oct 8 Wiltern
    The Horrors Oct 14 Santa Ana

I could have gone for another game 7 but that was fucking exciting. All these damn game 7's are going to be quite a treat. This is easily one of the best first rounds overall in quite some time.

Just realized that Joe Thornton has gained membership to the Jim Barr "why the long face club."

I have been to concerts. I will go to concerts in the future.

Heat in 5
    Spurs in 6
    Pacers in 6
    Clippers in 7
    Spoon Aug 8 Hollywood
    Kasabian Oct 8 Wiltern

If Russell Westbrook can keep himself in check and play the right kind of ball, and thats a big if, I got Thunder going to the western finals.

Warriors fire Marc Jackson. Such bullshit, all because of personal reasons too. Well I wouldn't be surprised to see him on the Lakers sideline next season
    Spoon Aug 8 Hollywood
    Kasabian Oct 8 Wiltern

I wonder if those recordings by the asst. coach that surfaced a little while back had anything to do with this hasty decision by the Warriors front office... Supposedly private discussions with Mark Jackson were all over it.

Mike Brown fired again
    Spoon Aug 8 Hollywood
    Kasabian Oct 8 Wiltern

^ lol.

Somebody wake me up when the 2nd round is over.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hannahrain View Post
    Will somebody trade their bow ticket for my stern ticket? I have this thing where I get seasick if I'm on the wrong side of the engine room, and it works better with my schedule to be on the front end of the changing time zone.

So Donald Sterling has to have dementia right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Why aren't there more good role models for fat people who fall down a lot?