Page 526 of 584 FirstFirst ... 521522523524525526527528529530531 ... LastLast
Results 15,751 to 15,780 of 17515

Thread: It's NBA time

Default Re: It's NBA time

I would trade Pau for Love in a heart beat. I wouldn't be surprised if Minnesota moves him also as he has already said get better or trade me. Personally I would like to see LeMarcus Aldrige in a Laker uniform but that is never going to happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Why aren't there more good role models for fat people who fall down a lot?

Coachella Junkie Neighborhood Creep's Avatar

Lakers would dominate with Love. I hope he doesn't leave MN. Pau is a paussy
    Quote Originally Posted by theklein25 View Post
    When Foster the People played Pumped Up Kicks I freaked the fuck out because I thought that song was long gone

I think all the Love trade talk is a beat up. He said the incriminating comments a while ago when obviously disgruntled. The fact is the team is improving and has made shrewd moves, has assets to trade if the choose and has played well under adversity.

And not forgetting Love has over 2 years left on his contract. The Wolves are not moving him any time soon.

I don't watch basketball too much but I got some great seats to an upcoming Laker game.

To those who have gone to a Laker home game, what do you suggest I do? In terms of: arrival time, early dinner (5-6ish) restaurant choices, and drinks.

Game starts at 7:30. This is the view from the seats my lady got me for Christmas:

anonymous-20120229050637.jpg

This will be my first NBA game ever attended.

Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by fatbastard View Post
    Don't ever use Paul's name again in a posting. YOU GOT THAT YOU STUPID MOTHERFUCKER? Paul was making his bones in the business back when you were just cum in your mother's ear.

Quote Originally Posted by Neighborhood Creep View Post
    Lakers would dominate with Love. I hope he doesn't leave MN. Pau is a paussy
    Love is soft too. He's great offensively, but when has he ever dominated defensively?

When have the Lakers?

hey all. coming to Coachella for the first time, but I noticed this thread and wanted some help please.
    After Coachella Weekend 1, I head off to Minneapolis and New York. So I plan to see a couple of games before the season finishes. So what is the best way to get tickets? Thoughts please. I have looked up all the normal sites, just really want to know my chances of getting tickets if I don't book them before I hit the US.
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by vogina View Post
    To those who have gone to a Laker home game, what do you suggest I do? In terms of: arrival time, early dinner (5-6ish) restaurant choices, and drinks.
    I like to get to LA Live 90 min to 2 hrs before tip off (earlier is always better) and head to Yardhouse for happy hour. Best advice I can give you is that most of the restaurants are slammed when there's a Laker game so give yourself tons of time before tip off.

Enjoy the game

Quote Originally Posted by unit300021 View Post
    I would trade Pau for Love in a heart beat. I wouldn't be surprised if Minnesota moves him also as he has already said get better or trade me. Personally I would like to see LeMarcus Aldrige in a Laker uniform but that is never going to happen.
    If you're the Lakers, of course you would. But no chance this happens. Love is better and younger than Pau. I'm a Wolves fan so it may seem biased, but seriously that deal makes no sense.

Now- a deal that I predict could happen. Salaries, position, ages all similar. And I think both teams would be willing to part ways with their guys. What about Gasol for Amare Stoudamire?
    Last edited by fiopadp7791; 12-29-2012 at 11:32 PM.
    If y'all fresh to death, then I'm deceased... -Kanye West
    Jamiroquai 2015 please.
    Quote Originally Posted by miscorrections View Post
    How is any of that ironic? On this board I absolutely expect terrible people to call other people terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by stacheRides View Post
    I like to get to LA Live 90 min to 2 hrs before tip off (earlier is always better) and head to Yardhouse for happy hour. Best advice I can give you is that most of the restaurants are slammed when there's a Laker game so give yourself tons of time before tip off.

Enjoy the game
    Thanks!

How much time should I give myself from the time I leave the Yard to getting into my seat before tip off (7:30)? Basically trying to savor every last drop of cheaper beer and food than inside Staples Center before actually heading inside.

7:00? 7:15? Earlier than that?
    Don't ever use Paul's name again in a posting. YOU GOT THAT YOU STUPID MOTHERFUCKER? Paul was making his bones in the business back when you were just cum in your mother's ear.

As bad as an owner he is this still sucks and I feel for him

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ba...7151--nba.html

Sheriff’s Homicide Detectives were sent to an apartment in the 22600 block of Pacific Coast Highway around 11:30 p.m. Tuesday on a welfare check, authorities said.
    When deputies arrived, they found the body of 32-year-old Scott Sterling inside the unit.
    “Sheriff’s Homicide and Los Angeles County Coroner’s personnel at this time believe that Sterling died of an apparent drug overdose,” Deputy Guillermina Saldaņa said.

Quote Originally Posted by beatz79 View Post
    hey all. coming to Coachella for the first time, but I noticed this thread and wanted some help please.
    After Coachella Weekend 1, I head off to Minneapolis and New York. So I plan to see a couple of games before the season finishes. So what is the best way to get tickets? Thoughts please. I have looked up all the normal sites, just really want to know my chances of getting tickets if I don't book them before I hit the US.
    Thanks.
    First, try the team websites to see what you can get at face value. If that doesn't work, team websites will generally have a venue where season ticket holders can resell individual game tickets; these will be marked up above face value, if the team and/or game is a good one. If that's too pricey, try stubhub.com (pretty much the same thing though), ebay, or craigslist.
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

fuck the clippers

I like Blake Griffin, but that was some major bullshit
    Quote Originally Posted by roboto View Post
    And stinkbutt leaving a motorhead set when you know he's dying just to talk shit ? Your a shitty person as well .please let mja give you an anal love disease .

Blake looked dazed and confused after that Festus foul, wouldn't be surprised if he was concussed. Never wish injury or physical harm to any player weather you like them or not.

These last two games have been massively disappointing, but hopefully, with this day of rest they have before tomorrow's big game, they will come back, the team we watched all of December, and destroy the Lakers.

(no offense to you suffering Lakers fans out there... ok, maybe a little.)
    Coachellas attended: 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 (W1), 2013 (W1)

Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    Theme night listing:

Thursday Night: Woo, my parents let me out of the house!
    Friday Night: Woo, my parents let me out of the house!
    Saturday Night: Woo, my parents let me out of the house!
    Sunday Night: Boo, I have to go back to my parent's house!
    The level of sheer laziness and pure speculation and confusion about very easily found and well-known things that this board has gotten to is truly confounding.

The Lakers are a fucking disgrace this year. I feel like I was the only guy in Lakerland that thought trading for Howard was a terrible idea and I'm sorry to say I was absolutely right. What an overrated piece of shit. If he played with same effort that Jordan Hill plays with we'd have at least another five wins. Kobe, Ron, Nash and Jordan Hill are the only players who seem like they're even trying. Pau is just a shell of a man these days. He should just retire and coach a WNBA team - take his place among all the other seven foot women. I will be amazed if we make the playoffs. Oh well, at least all my football teams are fucking awesome this year. Guess a man can't be too greedy.

So you're not happy with Howard's 17 points and 12 rebounds? You mean you'd rather have Bynum who has yet to play a game this season?

Lakers have a shitty coach and Pau Gasol is the reason they're sucking along with Nash's inability to guard and one of the worst benches in the league. They really need to trade Gasol for a more consistent power foward
    Follow me on Twitter at Klein25
    Spoon Aug 8 Hollywood
    Kasabian Oct 8 Wiltern
    The Horrors Oct 14 Santa Ana

I went to the Jan. 1st game against the 76ers.

The stadium booed Pao. I sat close to the wood and heard some funny shit. Felt bad for the guy but he either appears to play like he doesn't give a shit or it's just that he is a giant and when he moves it looks like a snail compared to average sized folks. Either way. The stadiums consensus was -- he has to go!

So you're not happy with Howard's 17 points and 12 rebounds? You mean you'd rather have Bynum who has yet to play a game this season?

Lakers have a shitty coach and Pau Gasol is the reason they're sucking along with Nash's inability to guard and one of the worst benches in the league. They really need to trade Gasol for a more consistent power foward
    Bynum was healthy enough when we traded him. He hurt his knee bowling. In Philadelphia. Maybe he would have gone bowling in LA and the same thing would have happened, but I know one thing with absolute certainty: you could roll him out to the free-throw line in a wheel chair and he'd hit twice as many 1s as Howard.

To your second point, who would possibly want Pau and his bloated contract on their books? If we wanted to move him we should have done it two seasons ago before his nuts got clipped.

I would have swore it was their defense and free throw shooting is why they lost. They hit free throws and they have about 10 more wins and we are having a different conversation.

The Timberwolves: during the offseason and last month

http://www.lakersnation.com/lakers-r...ol/2012/12/06/
    http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2012/12/...wolves-raptors
    http://www.cbssports.com/nba/blog/ey...l-trade-rumors

Also the bowling only extended his injury. Lakers have Dwight Howard, don't complain unless it's about his free throw shooting. He's better than Bynum by far
    Spoon Aug 8 Hollywood
    Kasabian Oct 8 Wiltern

Quote Originally Posted by unit300021 View Post
    I would have swore it was their defense and free throw shooting is why they lost. They hit free throws and they have about 10 more wins and we are having a different conversation.
    It's mostly Nash's and Gasol's defense along with their bench's defense that's killing them. I don't see Kobe and World Peace being the blame, and Howard is still plugging up the paint. I know Howard is not 100%. Clippers FT% is nearly the same as the Lakers and they're 10 games ahead so the what ifs don't really matter. They're a bad team right now there's not much to say except that another coaching change is necessary and even if you get rid of Gasol for a bunch of role players and draft players it'll be worth it, even if you have to give up MWP too
    Spoon Aug 8 Hollywood
    Kasabian Oct 8 Wiltern

Does any team get as well looked after by the refs as the Heat ? And they still whinge and bitch about every single call or apparent no call.

Wheelchair Epidemic hawkingvsreeve's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Grandma View Post
    fuck the clippers
    U mad?

Quote Originally Posted by obzen View Post
    Giant. Fucking. Bjork. Buttons.
    last.fm

The Lakers aren't very good, are they?
    Quote Originally Posted by garspaceman View Post
    well hello my fancy pants.

Just in case you thought the whole Dwight-to-Brooklyn chat was over...

The story that never went away last year is back .. like a zombie. Turns out Dwight Howard to the Nets was not dead, just dormant.

By all accounts, some of which are more alarming than others, things are not going well in Los Angeles.

But whatever the degree of discord or disharmony that exists in the Lakers locker room, there are some fairly simple facts to consider:

The Lakers are multiple games under .500, in 11th place in the Western Conference and in real danger of missing the playoffs. That was the case before their 112-105 loss to the Denver Nuggets on Sunday night, and they only dug themselves a deeper hole.
    The Lakers are “old as sh-t” as Kobe Bryant pout it a few days back, and they surrendered two future first-round picks in the deal to acquire Steve Nash. Pau Gasol has been benched more than he has been used in fourth quarters since Mike D’Antoni took over, and even Bryant’s highest point production level in six years is not making things better.
    Howard is going to be an unrestricted free agent at the end of the season, and there is a genuine chance the Lakers could lose him with nothing in return (Dallas and Atlanta will have max room) is he decides to bolt in July. If the Lakers have a strong feeling in mid-February that Howard is unhappy and has one foot out the door, they will have no choice but to move him.

Those, folks, are the plain and simple facts.

But then we also have the matters which are open to debate and dispute — such as how much internal discord there is in the Lakers’ locker room. In a report in Monday’s editions of the New York Daily News, Stefan Bondy paints a picture of a team in total disarray. An excerpt:

”A league source told the Daily News that the Lakers stars got into a heated exchange following a New Year’s Day loss to the 76ers, and Bryant went for a low blow – referencing and agreeing with Shaquille O’Neal’s criticisms of Howard being soft. Howard was restrained from going at his teammate, according to the source, and there have been rumblings from the center’s camp that he’s been unhappy with Bryant since earlier in the season. Three days after the altercation, following a disheartening loss to the Clippers, Howard complained about the lack of chemistry on the Lakers. It was a comment seemingly directed at Bryant, who is averaging a league-high 22 shots despite playing with three potential Hall of Famers. “Look at the difference between our team and (the Clippers),” Howard said. “They just play together. They share the ball. Everybody’s excited when something happens. “(Chemistry) is something we have to do to get better,” Howard told reporters in L.A. “We have to play like we like each other. Even if we don’t want to be friends off the court, whatever that may be, when we step in between the lines or we step in the locker room or the gym, we have to respect each other and what we bring to the table.”

No, that does not sound like a happy camper.

Which leads us to the Nets, who have gone 5-1 since P.J. Carlesimo took over and would be content to let him keep the job for the remainder of the season if Phil Jackson tells them he is uninterested or would prefer to wait. Both Jackson and Nets owner Mikhail Prokhorov have been flying waaaay under the radar over the past week since it became known that Jackson was the Nets’ one and only choice, but rest assured there is some back-channeling going on.

As columnist Charley Rosen has pointed out, the Nets’ current personnel would be a fit for Jackson’s triangle offense if a power forward could be found who can step out to 17 feet and knock down a jumper. (Kris Humphries does not have that in his repertoire.) But Humphries and Brook Lopez both become trade-eligible on Jan. 15, and the Nets would surely be willing to include either of them in a trade with the Lakers if it would bring back Howard.

Brooklyn would have to provide the Lakers with more than just Lopez or Humphries in a trade of that magnitude — but they actually have three nice young pieces (Mirza Teletovic, Tyshawn Taylor and MarShon Brooks) that would sweeten the pot, give the Lakers a stretch 4 and/or a point guard of the future and bring the total salaries into line.

It's quite a stretch to go from "this is a trade that might make sense for both teams" to "the teams are talking trade". He says "Turns out Dwight Howard to the Nets was not dead, just dormant" but then only talks about why it would make sense. Propaganda even a 5th grader could see past.
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    It's quite a stretch to go from "this is a trade that might make sense for both teams" to "the teams are talking trade". He says "Turns out Dwight Howard to the Nets was not dead, just dormant" but then only talks about why it would make sense. Propaganda even a 5th grader could see past.
    Totally, though it wouldn't surprise me if a conversation between the teams really does happen, especially if the Lakers continue to struggle and Dwight continues to complain.