Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Britney Spears - Blackout

Default Britney Spears - Blackout

I haven't heard this yet but I am going to download it this weekend. All the reviews are saying it's the best pop album in years:

Review from The Times - 4 out of 5

Review from The Guardian - 4 out of 5

I guess this might explain all her "I don't give a shit" behaviour a little better. I'd be cocky too, if I knew I was about to release an amazing album.
    "The first time I heard the new single off the Bravery album, I actually cried, and I do not even remember the name of that damn song. It reminded me of this girl I am in love with." - kroqken

Default Re: Britney Spears - Blackout

Saying it's the best pop album is years, is like winning the special olympics.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatinisbad View Post
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.

My wife downloaded it a few weeks ago and said it was "OK at best". I may give it a spin at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    well, for all intensive porpoises it is, will sell out within seconds tomorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by korbinn View Post
    It's jsut dawned on me that I'm overly confident and a extremely ocd perfectionist.
    Quote Originally Posted by kroqken View Post
    I don't give a flying fuck about the Kardashians, I doubt they know who Belle and Sebastian are.

Quote Originally Posted by Stefinitely Maybe View Post
    All the reviews are saying it's the best pop album in years:

ya, right. i don't think so.

http://www.wwtdd.com/post.phtml?pk=3029
    Superfan will be in front of the Fonda masturbating furiously to a photo of him taking a photo of a band. Set is from 8:05 to approximately 8:05:15. Guest list only.

Upcoming Shows: Nocturnal Wonderland Saturday, Cut Chemist/Dj Shadow - Palladium, Massive Attack SB Bowl, Festival Supreme, Coachella 2015

Pete Paphides is a weird name.

Celine Dion's eyes are too close together. she looks like Down's Syndrome was a bullet that barely missed her but might have grazed her left shoulder.

Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Pete Paphides is a weird name.

Celine Dion's eyes are too close together. she looks like Down's Syndrome was a bullet that barely missed her but might have grazed her left shoulder.
    your point being?
    Superfan will be in front of the Fonda masturbating furiously to a photo of him taking a photo of a band. Set is from 8:05 to approximately 8:05:15. Guest list only.

Upcoming Shows: Nocturnal Wonderland Saturday, Cut Chemist/Dj Shadow - Palladium, Massive Attack SB Bowl, Festival Supreme, Coachella 2015

OK - WTF!

We are talking Shitney Spears right? Seriously, if this is joke, I'll feel better, this is a joke right? But if we are serious, then some people need some serious music buying help. Yep I'm talking to you, those who fell for the boyband craze... the majority of "pop" music is shit, by definition it's made for a profit, not artisitic or creative merit, it's made to be popular, thus for the masses. Most of the time, the braindead - go to Wal-mart and buy this shit because they just don't know better. Why support such things? I hear a lot of talk of Radiohead sticking to the label man with their new release model, but if you wanna do some real damage, boycott shit like Shitney Spears' new record. Why do you think she gets so much attention. It sells records to the clueless masses - that's why. It has nothing to do with her music being good, catchy, maybe, good, no way in hell.

I'm not sure why anyone would give her - or her shitty music - the time of day.

And while we are on her. She really is a brainless fucknut, with not much talent what so ever. All manufactured and cleaned up for many years by the good folks at Disney. Now that they have nothing to do with her, the "stories" of her and her sexy, crazy, drunk, bad motherhood, wacky driving, etc... are just there to sell crappy magazines and eventually crappy cds - I AIN'T BUYING, you shouldn't either.

P.S. I hate Celine as much as anybody - but compared to Spears, at least the Vegas queen can sing, she does have the pipes, and the fallen pop princess doesn't have that in the least. Well unless she is lip-synched, which she always is...

ok I'm done.
    Last edited by C DUB YA; 10-26-2007 at 10:21 AM.
    The Glitter Freeze

Coachella 99-10 Vet, the run has ended in 2011

Banned

I would like to hear this album.

Quote Originally Posted by brando4n82 View Post
    your point being?
    which part did you not understand?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by C DUB YA View Post
    OK - WTF!

We are talking Shitney Spears right? Seriously, if this is joke, I'll feel better, this is a joke right? But if we are serious, then some people need some serious music buying help. Yep I'm talking to you, those who fell for the boyband craze... the majority of "pop" music is shit, by definition it's made for a profit, not artisitic or creative merit, it's made to be popular, thus for the masses. Most of the time, the braindead - go to Wal-mart and buy this shit because they just don't know better. Why support such things? I hear a lot of talk of Radiohead sticking to the label man with their new release model, but if you wanna do some real damage, boycott shit like Shitney Spears' new record. Why do you think she gets so much attention. It sells records to the clueless masses - that's why. It has nothing to do with her music being good, catchy, maybe, good, no way in hell.

And while we are on her. She really is a brainless fucknut, with not much talent what so ever. All manufactured and cleaned up for many years by the good folks at Disney. Now that they have nothing to do with her, the "stories" of her and her sexy, crazy, drunk, bad motherhood, wacky driving, etc... are just there to sell crappy magazines and eventually crappy cds - I AIN'T BUYING, you shouldn't either.
    Turn off your TV.

OK - WTF!

P.S. I hate Celine as much as anybody - but compared to Spears, at least the Vegas queen can sing, she does have the pipes, and the fallen pop princess doesn't have that in the least. Well unless she is lip-synched, which she always is...

ok I'm done.

I don't disagree, but, you know, this is pissing into the wind.

My TV is not on - and if it is on, then we are watching movies, Travel Channel or Stephen Colbert.

?????????
    The Glitter Freeze

Banned

CDUBYA has a blog to promote.

Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    I don't disagree, but, you know, this is pissing into the wind.
    I know.

the idea of someone buying that shit makes me so angry though. I had to pipe up, a little bit, esp. that its on here of all places.
    The Glitter Freeze

Quote Originally Posted by J~$$$ View Post
    CDUBYA has a blog to promote.
    nope - no blog currently.

try again
    The Glitter Freeze

Banned

You didnt have your juicebox and you skipped nap time?

Well, I guess you can take the girl out of the trailer park, but you just can't take the trailer park out of the girl.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

that's very insensitive jen. also, LOL.

Who sprinkled crack in Stef's tea?
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

Anything about Britney Spears should not be in the Music Lounge. She is a fucking moron and has done nothing but pollute our lives.

Banned

A lob in tennis is hitting the ball high and deep into the opponent's court. It can be used as an offensive or defensive weapon depending on the situation....

Quote Originally Posted by algunz View Post
    Anything about Britney Spears should not be in the Music Lounge. She is a fucking moron and has done nothing but pollute our lives.
    ya, but at least she is paying dearly for it =)

should i feel guilty for feeling good she got her kids taken away from her?
    It's not like she has any parenting abilities, or has shown the slightest interest in her offspring.

Exactly. I only feel sorry for her children.

Quote Originally Posted by rage patton View Post
    Saying it's the best pop album is years, is like winning the special olympics.

heyyy dont make fun of chris
    Quote Originally Posted by Hannahrain View Post
    Your lady's also in for drugs, right? Corinna's guy is in for murder and mine's in for a spree of home invasions. I think you're probably good.

Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    I'm pretty sure Ronnie painted that on her, with his dick.

Quote Originally Posted by brando4n82 View Post
    ya, but at least she is paying dearly for it =)

should i feel guilty for feeling good she got her kids taken away from her?
    It's not like she has any parenting abilities, or has shown the slightest interest in her offspring.
    Nope, she doesnt feel bad about it either. She doesnt even want those kids, she just wants to blow Coooooooke!

I finally downloaded this and listened to it. It's good, but it's all vocoder and vocal effects, so it doesn't even sound like Britney. It could be anyone at all. The songs are great, though. Really poppy and really well produced.
    "The first time I heard the new single off the Bravery album, I actually cried, and I do not even remember the name of that damn song. It reminded me of this girl I am in love with." - kroqken

old school

OK - WTF!

ok I'm done.
    I guess we can just chalk this up to different strokes, different folks.
    The thing that always gets me is how people get so EXTREME!!!! about their distaste for 'pop' music and these people with 'no talent' or that they lip sync or the best one about how they DONT EVEN WRITE THEIR OWN SONGS, MANNNNN. There are people in music called producers that help write songs. They put a voice to it, slap an image on it and its pop, but that shouldnt take away from the fact that some of these people do in fact write good songs. Theyre just not your cup of tea.

LEAVE BRITNEY ALONE!!!
    I am going to get so blown to Cypress Hill while they play.

Well put.

And, you know who didn't write his own songs until the 70s? Marvin Gaye. And he's 10000 times more awesome than any of us will ever be. Just because he didn't write I Heard it Through the Grapevine doesn't mean that that song isn't a stone-cold classic. Who cares who wrote the song, as long as it sounds awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Remember Hitler? I don't but here we are again .. cr****

i worried about Stuff....
    i think this new girlyfriend has got him checkin his balls for very long intervals.
    I'm afraid at some point he will have to check his balls in permanently...

maybe next she will tell him no more Ghostbusters hats
    Quote Originally Posted by RotationSlimWang View Post
    Say goodbye to that acid, Greg.