Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rodrigo y Gabriela

Default Rodrigo y Gabriela

I have two tickets to Rodrigo y Gabriela on Oct 31 (Halloween. OooooooOOOOoooooo) in Seattle at Paramount theatre.
    Due to school, time, money and number of other issues, I dont think I am going to be able to make it. I paid $77.40 for the pair. So I will just make it $75.
    If your are interested message me right away. Thanks.

EDIT: Also, they are floor tickets. GA.
    Last edited by rage patton; 10-24-2007 at 10:59 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatinisbad View Post
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.

Banned

Default Re: Rodrigo y Gabriela

20$ for the both.

Not ea., but both [shipped].

E

No delta. This show isnt sold out anyways. You would only lose money if you were to scalp them.

And you are going to be in Europe anyways.
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.

I hate that they canceled their Arizona shows citing "exhaustion" but are apparently well rested enough to play in Washington. At least the White Stripes had the common decency to not play ANY of their shows, not just select dates. If RyG were to reschedule their shows in Tucson and Phoenix, or at least one of them, I'd be happy, but it's like they don't give a shit if fans in Arizona get to see them. What makes it especially irksome is that they canceled on the day of the Phoenix show.
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    "Soon they'll hear my words," he thought, "and they will know that roboto's side-splitting reign of ha-has has begun."

Quote Originally Posted by Somewhat Damaged View Post
    I hate that they canceled their Arizona shows citing "exhaustion" but are apparently well rested enough to play in Washington. At least the White Stripes had the common decency to not play ANY of their shows, not just select dates. If RyG were to reschedule their shows in Tucson and Phoenix, or at least one of them, I'd be happy, but it's like they don't give a shit if fans in Arizona get to see them. What makes it especially irksome is that they canceled on the day of the Phoenix show.
    Sorry to hear that. That really sucks actually. When you look at their tour itinerary it seems like they cancelled about half the dates. I guess they were tired... but not tired enough to cancell the whole tour. So they cancelled every second show. I kinda wish the Seattle one had been cancelled.... it would have made my decision A LOT easier.

So, anyone interested?

Banned

No one cares about Arizona. Why should they?

E

delta should be banned from this sub-forum.

I agree with Somewhat Damaged. I was very upset that they cancelled some shows, like the Tempe show, and then went on to play other dates. My husband was really looking forward to that show. Now I don't know if we will ever get to see them live.
    Last edited by amyzzz; 11-03-2007 at 11:19 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

Amy, did you see them at Coachella?

Banned

Actually, Delta should be made moderator of this subforum.

E

Quote Originally Posted by rage patton View Post
    Amy, did you see them at Coachella?
    We wandered over there, but the tent was pretty fuckin' full, so sadly, we moved on.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

it's just 2 people playing the guitars. cool to see, but no reason to be bummed for missing their show.

Banned

And stupidest post of the month goes to ...

Quote Originally Posted by crazzz2007 View Post
    it's just 2 people playing the guitars. cool to see, but no reason to be bummed for missing their show.

E

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaSigChi4 View Post
    And stupidest post of the month goes to ...

E
    you must be easily amused if you feel rodrigo y gabriela are anything other than a novelty act.

and speaking of stupid posts, don't let me dig into to your post history. your name will be all over the top 10 list of stupid posts.

you must be easily amused if you feel rodrigo y gabriela are anything other than a novelty act.
    i dont get them either.
    Quote Originally Posted by menikmati View Post
    Make up rumors of who's playing > keep track of who's confirmed > whine about where the lineup is > lineup announced! > bitch about how the lineup sucks > whine about what bands will be added > bands finally added! > whine about where set times are > set times finally announced! > bitch about how set times suck > goto show > come back and say Coachella was best ever! > start rumors for next year

Sorry. But I HIGHLY disagree. Rodrigo y Gabriela were one of the best performances at Coachella this year. My third favorite of the entire weekend actually.
    Oh look at Daft Punk! Its just two people standing there pressing buttons. Oh look at Led Zeppelin! its just 4 people playing their instruments. Need I go on? I dont even get what you are saying. They are two incredibly talented musicians who put their heart and soul into their music. They dont even have any lyrics in their music, yet it is so engaging. The sing along cover of Wish You Were Here... words cant even describe what I felt.
    And what do you even mean they are a novelty act? Like... explain. I am curious.

Sorry. But I HIGHLY disagree. Rodrigo y Gabriela were one of the best performances at Coachella this year. My third favorite of the entire weekend actually.
    Oh look at Daft Punk! Its just two people standing there pressing buttons. Oh look at Led Zeppelin! its just 4 people playing their instruments. Need I go on? I dont even get what you are saying. They are two incredibly talented musicians who put their heart and soul into their music. They dont even have any lyrics in their music, yet it is so engaging. The sing along cover of Wish You Were Here... words cant even describe what I felt.
    And what do you even mean they are a novelty act? Like... explain. I am curious.
    there are thousands of guitarists more talented than them. like i said, just a novelty act. comparing daft punk to r y g is just ridiculous. the only thing similar between them is the number "2." the point is, it's just guitars, nothing else. how the hell can you compare r y g to led zepellin? this doesn't even make sense.

and the sing along to Wish You Were Here was kinda cool, but cheesy. if you were so moved by it that you can't even describe what you felt, i don't know what to tell you. maybe you're just easily impressed.

Sure there are lots of guitarists more talented then them... but it doesnt make their music any less.
    Comparing Rodrigo y Gabriela to Daft Punk is a perfectly valid comparison. You said R y G are just two people with guitars. Daft Punk are just two guys with their equiptment. They both do what they do best. Make music that people enjoy. You may find R y G boring and nothing special, but there are people out there who find Daft Punk boring and nothing special. Lots of people even call Daft Punk a novelty act.
    So fine. We will agree to disagree. I am sorry you didnt get the same feeling out of their performance that I did. I sure I have seen some bands that I feel indiferent towards.... yet you think their show was the be all and end all of live shows.
    Personaly, I love Rodrigo y Gabriela.

Banned

If there are guitarists FAR SUPERIOR to Rodrigo Y Gabriela, why aren't they billed at Coachella? Why aren't they billed at ANY music festival?

OH MY GOD! Look. Several guys plays instruments and not singing [EITS]. And there are like twenty people who are better at guitar, bass, drums .... etccc ... than them. Fuckign novelty act!!!!

You're a fucking douche. And a stupid fucking cunt.

E

Sure there are lots of guitarists more talented then them... but it doesnt make their music any less.
    Comparing Rodrigo y Gabriela to Daft Punk is a perfectly valid comparison. You said R y G are just two people with guitars. Daft Punk are just two guys with their equiptment. They both do what they do best. Make music that people enjoy. You may find R y G boring and nothing special, but there are people out there who find Daft Punk boring and nothing special. Lots of people even call Daft Punk a novelty act.
    So fine. We will agree to disagree. I am sorry you didnt get the same feeling out of their performance that I did. I sure I have seen some bands that I feel indiferent towards.... yet you think their show was the be all and end all of live shows.
    Personaly, I love Rodrigo y Gabriela.
    rage, when i say that r y g is just two guitars, i'm talking about their actual sound. you only hear guitars. daft punk's sound isn't just limited to one instrument. anyway, i never said r y g is boring. i actually enjoyed seeing them at coachella. but i wouldn't see them again. there's no reason to.

If there are guitarists FAR SUPERIOR to Rodrigo Y Gabriela, why aren't they billed at Coachella? Why aren't they billed at ANY music festival?

OH MY GOD! Look. Several guys plays instruments and not singing [EITS]. And there are like twenty people who are better at guitar, bass, drums .... etccc ... than them. Fuckign novelty act!!!!

You're a fucking douche. And a stupid fucking cunt.

E
    get the fuck out of here. your opinion is worth about a pound of shit, give or take a few ounces.

how the fuck can you compare a full on band (EITS) to 2 guitars?? you're also the person who constantly dissed electronic music as being worthless, but now have a permanent boner after seeing daft punk. again, your opinions are worthless.

Banned

What does this have to do with Daft Punk, you stupid worthless bastard?

E

Banned

What does it matter how many people are making the music? If it were ten [10] people playing guitar[s], would it change anything? Would it make it acceptable to you? Douche.

E

What does this have to do with Daft Punk, you stupid worthless bastard?

E
    delta, do you think it's just a coincidence that 99% of the people on this board hate you? do you try to convince yourself that you are simply misunderstood?

well, i hate to break it to you, but you are a loser. you are a complete and utter failure at life. the amazing thing is, you seem to believe that you are intelligent. get over it bitch. who the fuck do you think you are? how much of a loser at life do you have to be to auction off a worthless las vegas weekly magazine on ebay? you really have no better means of earning a living? really? i mean, is that the only way you know to put food on the table? go fuck yourself.

What does it matter how many people are making the music? If it were ten [10] people playing guitar[s], would it change anything? Would it make it acceptable to you? Douche.

E
    you dumb piece of shit. the point is, r y g is just guitars. it doesn't matter if it's 2 guitars or 20 guitars. the fact that it's just guitars makes it less exciting and noteworthy to me. what don't you understand about this? does everything have to be spelled out for you? do you ever take just a few second to think before you post? fucking imbecile.

2 guitars & a beer bottle
    Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    You shouldn't feel uncool for not going to EDC, you should feel uncool because you are uncool.

Banned

Perhaps if there were explosions, lightshows, and/or other pyrotechnics, someone like crazzzz2000 would be excited/impressed.

E

Crazz. I think you are mistaken on this one. RyG (just like Daft)make music that elicits a very emotional response from the crowd. They were a highlight of Coach this year and I consider myself lucky to have gotten so close to the front.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cpt. Funkaho View Post
    Man, the Beatles were overrated like gravity is overrated. ......... Say what you want, but statements like "the Beatles were overrated" make me much less likely to listen to anything you say afterward.

Well I saw them last week in Manchester and enjoyed them. Do I get a badge?

Yes. It says "It's grim oop North".
    Quote Originally Posted by Cpt. Funkaho View Post
    Man, the Beatles were overrated like gravity is overrated. ......... Say what you want, but statements like "the Beatles were overrated" make me much less likely to listen to anything you say afterward.