Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: New Mars Volta

Default Re: New Mars Volta

for the record. I really dig MV live. the jam band stuff is stupid on CD though. I saw them play two shows at the Roseland in NY with Larry Harlow for L'Via and it was unreal. 2.5 hours each night.

Banned

I was the fucking show, you stupid cunt.

Whoopty-fucking-doo.

E

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaSigChi4 View Post
    I was the fucking show, you stupid cunt.

Whoopty-fucking-doo.

E
    did I ever call that into question?

Yep. PLENTY of structure in AF. Especially when Win randomly breaks from the setlist to play something he feels like playing:

P.S. You're a douche.

E
    Spontaneity does not equal lack of structure. Ya fucking douche canoe

Banned

Shut the fuck up.

E

Shut the fuck up.

E
    Thank you

if you can't wait that long for new volta, omar just put out a EP with lydia lunch and he has a new solo album coming out in less then 3 weeks.

if your not going to SF on nye for volta then your going to fuck up big time, that show is going to be sick.

two new videos up

askepsios
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hI4QWXYYTBg

Aberinkula
    http://www.youtube.com./watch?v=AHxPpKiuZho

one more video to come to make em four. goliath is the funniest of the four.

audio for the song

http://www.mediafire.com/?9t2fkx2xzma

Wax the single but this is from the cd not a shitty video rip in case you don't have it.

http://rapidshare.com/files/70904517/Wax.mp3.html

Circle Jerks cover

they did some covers that are going to be B-Sides

Back Against the Wall

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=JBSNPAG5

Quote Originally Posted by Deviate_420 View Post
    They may go as far as to kill Deloused as well.
    I dont think anything could kill deloused. Its probably the single best cd of all time.

ALSO, Im at work and cant download the tracks or watch the videos. The thought of waiting until tonight when I get home is KILLING ME
    Last edited by Melanie.Dawn; 11-27-2007 at 08:50 AM.

Omar's solo material is really poopy. Havent heard that "Buffalo" album, but i own his first solo album and it is fuckin whack, just a bunch of feedback
    Superfan will be in front of the Fonda masturbating furiously to a photo of him taking a photo of a band. Set is from 8:05 to approximately 8:05:15. Guest list only.

Upcoming Shows: Marques Wyatt - UCLA, Paul Mccartney - Dodger Stadium, Yes - Greek Theater, Herbie Hancock - Hollywood Bowl, NIN/Soundgarden - Hollywood Bowl, Cut Chemist/Dj Shadow - Palladium, Massive Attack SB Bowl

Quote Originally Posted by brando4n82 View Post
    Omar's solo material is really poopy. Havent heard that "Buffalo" album, but i own his first solo album and it is fuckin whack, just a bunch of feedback

are you talking about A manual dexterity volume one? (is that even right, its been so long since I;ve even looked at it)... that was not good, your right. But track 10, with Cedric on it was sweet I thought. I listened to Buffalo. Its alot different than that. I thought it was just ok, but alot of people really liked it.

the first solo album is a soundtrack.

in the last two years he has put out an EP with Damo Suzuki, an EP with Lydia Lunch, a self titled album thats on the jazzy side, Se Dice Bison No Bufalo, and he just put out a new one that came out last week called The Apocalypse Inside of an Orange which is really bad ass, but it's only out on vinyl and only a shitty rip is floating around.

plus he has a new album coming out in two weeks which is supposed to sound a lil bit more like defacto.

check out some of his other albums not at all poppy.

I have listened to the ''new'' Omar one, its cool. And a bit mor elike De Facto as mentioned.

you've already heard Calibration?

Quote Originally Posted by brownbuffalo View Post
    the first solo album is a soundtrack.
    To a movie that doesnt exist yet... as far as I know

Has anybody heard the 'raking bombs' before? They sound exactly was At the drive in should have sounded like before Mars volta. Its what defacto should have been. awesome.

They basically are a huge rip off, but it sounds so good, I dont care.

movie is actually done, this is from an interview with omar from this past june (its a translation from italian to english):

"The problem with “A Manual Dexterity” is this: is for some time now, even after I finished it ... The first thing is this: it is a project I had abandoned all together. It is a project I said: "No, this is..." You know, especially after Jeremy died... I don't want anyone to see this, this is a movie with him, it is very personal. But during his life Jeremy had always encouraged me, he said: "No, you need to put that film out! I really like it, I know people would like it! It's an art film or whatever it is but I think it's important you do it because I like it and I think it's good and your friends too. It's just you should do the way you do with your music and not care." And I said: "Hum... but you know I don't have time, I'm not gonna do anything with it." I put it on the shells and unconsciously were asking about me "What about “A Manual Dexterity”? ...What about “A Manual Dexterity”?" and so then, when he died in 2003, I thought two ways about it, like I said I felt I didn't wanna do anything with it and then right about at the end of the year I could not stop thinking about how much he wanted it to come out so that's why I decided "You know what? There's a part of me who doesn't want it to happen, what I'll do is just put out the soundtrack." And by putting out the soundtrack there was a certain matter of things, of emotions. It wants to come out even if I don't want it to come out. I would make it as Jeremy requested it long and it all had to come out so then I put out the soundtrack thinking that it was an essential part of the movie and then just when I was about to put out the movie and the second part of the soundtrack I had legal problems with people that wanted the film back. The people that I'm not friend with now, they don't wanna give me.. they don't wanna find the right for me to put out the movie with their scenes and that were scenes that were very essential for the film so... Now 3 years later, now I worked out this thing with one person in particular and they're not so angry with me anymore (laughs). And you know, it looks like now legal problems will be over so I can put the film and the second part of the soundtrack out."

Awesome that you posted that.
    Its definatly worth knowing.

my old cats were named Cedric and Omar. But then Omar got eaten by a coyote, and Cedric went missing. I feel horrible about them both. But the point was that their names were Cedric and Omar...

Go new videos!!

those are pretty awful

Judgy McMarco TeamCoachellaHellYeah's Avatar

You know, I tried listening to the St Francis Album again and I can't believe how up its own ass the album is...just too much prog stuff going on..like ELP in spanish....I loved the 1st album and ep though...
    Last edited by TeamCoachellaHellYeah; 11-30-2007 at 08:03 AM. Reason: spelling errors
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Reviewers who note the size of the crowd are dumb fucks.
    COACHELLA's: 2001. 2002. 2003. 2004. 2005. 2006. 2007. 2008. 2009. 2010. 2011. 2012. 2013. 2014. 2015.

Quote Originally Posted by TeamCoachellaHellYeah View Post
    You know, I tried listening to the St Frnacis Album again and I can't believe how up its own ass the album is...just too much porg stuff going on..like ELP in spanish....I loved the 1st album and ep though...
    it saddens me to hear this.
    I dont understand how Volta fans can't figure out the beauty and genius in Fancis
    Superfan will be in front of the Fonda masturbating furiously to a photo of him taking a photo of a band. Set is from 8:05 to approximately 8:05:15. Guest list only.

Upcoming Shows: Marques Wyatt - UCLA, Paul Mccartney - Dodger Stadium, Yes - Greek Theater, Herbie Hancock - Hollywood Bowl, NIN/Soundgarden - Hollywood Bowl, Cut Chemist/Dj Shadow - Palladium, Massive Attack SB Bowl

I think the actual songs on Francis are awesome, but all the sound effects and interludes drive me nuts. I always skip past them. I think sound effects will be the downfall of the mars Volta. Every album seems to get more synthesised, and I dislike that.

Judgy McMarco TeamCoachellaHellYeah's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie.Dawn View Post
    I think the actual songs on Francis are awesome, but all the sound effects and interludes drive me nuts. I always skip past them. I think sound effects will be the downfall of the mars Volta. Every album seems to get more synthesised, and I dislike that.
    Completely agree...St Francis the song is the best track on the album because it doesn't waste anytime...but everything else....still would love to see them live again....that 2002 coachella show in the mojave was beyond epic...
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Reviewers who note the size of the crowd are dumb fucks.
    COACHELLA's: 2001. 2002. 2003. 2004. 2005. 2006. 2007. 2008. 2009. 2010. 2011. 2012. 2013. 2014. 2015.

Xenophanes.

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie.Dawn View Post
    ive seen them twice now and each time i grew to dislike them more for precisely this reason. some people love that shit but to me that doesn't reflect skill/talent as much as it does your ability to make peculiar noises. when you watch them play its just like STFU AND PLAY A FUCKING SONG. i enjoy instrumental interludes and transitions live but i swear that shit comprises over half of their sets.

The Mars Volta are one of the most tragic stories of this decade.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatinisbad View Post
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.

Quote Originally Posted by rage patton View Post
    The Mars Volta are one of the most tragic stories of this decade.
    why cuz they're not ATDI?