Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: So im going to go buy a digital camera today.

Default Re: So im going to go buy a digital camera today.

hey guys anyone know how much a new memory card is?

Anywhere from 15-40 bucks depending on the gig size.

Quote Originally Posted by BlakeG View Post
    Anywhere from 15-40 bucks depending on the gig size.
    k cool. Thanks man.... my girlfriend lost hers on new years at some party. First she lost her camera and i came to find out that i was the one who found it except it was new years and i was wasted and had no idea where i found it so had no idea who could have taken the card or where it could have been haha bust but at least we found the camera and the card isnt too much to replace

Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    what about the sensor?
    http://www.cambridgeincolour.com/tut...ensor-size.htm

Hope that helps.

question for all you camera nerds
    my boyfriends camera stopped working the last day of coachella last year
    he is getting it fixed
    i guess its nothing serious

but can the heat have something to do with it?
    This is my sig. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My sig is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I master my life. My sig, without me, is useless. Without my sig, I am useless. I must fire my sig true. I must splooge straighter than my fellow boardies who are trying to splooge me. I must splooge them before they splooge me.

Quote Originally Posted by algunz View Post
    Stretch before the revolution.

going to buy upskirt shoe cam soon with disability check and do alot of mall shopping

alright, so i am planning on getting a new camera for coachella from costco, mostly because i will probably use it for the weekend and then return it and get my money back since i am still pretty happy with my current point and shoot. just want something with more than a 3x zoom for the weekend and one that is easy to deal with, don't want to have to mess around with settings...anyone ever used the canon sx1 or sx20? if so, how are they?

Personally, I got my eye on the forthcoming Canon SX210, mainly b/c I want to have it fit in my pocket.

lowfront

I just got Canon PowerShot SD780.

Bad ass small camera...awsome quality, HD video

O ya...

Ordered a 32gig memory card for 75 bucks... And have two 8 gig cards and a ton of 2 gig cards

so this year is HD coachella year for me...coming back with 60 gigs of video

Thinking of getting a Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS7 in the near future but I want to make sure that when recording video (mostly shows) the audio sounds great. Does anyone have any experience with this camera or does anyone recommend a camera in the similar price range (about $250) that will not only help me take great photos but will also record great sounding and looking video? Thanks.
    Check out Sleeping is Giving in for great mixes and other cool stuff

Just got a Canon SX130 today.
    10/16 Massive Attack @ Greek Theater (?), 10/18 Culture Collide, 10/26 Asobi Seksu & Slowdive @ Royale, 11/7 Warpaint @ Echoplex, 11/12 Blonde Redhead @ Fonda

hey guys do ya'll know what kind of drugs they let into coachella, lemme know if you know thx

Quote Originally Posted by shotglass75 View Post
    Thinking of getting a Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS7 in the near future but I want to make sure that when recording video (mostly shows) the audio sounds great. Does anyone have any experience with this camera or does anyone recommend a camera in the similar price range (about $250) that will not only help me take great photos but will also record great sounding and looking video? Thanks.
    I have a ZS3. The previous generation from the ZS-7. I think the videos speak for themselves...
    Do yourself a favor and get the ZS7. It is the best point and shoot camera for shooting concerts on the market.

Last edited by Wheres the beef?; 11-11-2010 at 11:37 PM.

I got the Zoom Q3, I love it, it was 199$, the memory cards are cheap and hold 9 hours of video. The sound is the best available, the video is sub par, but if you get close it doesn't matter. Best part is, it runs on batteries so I can easily record all day at a festival.
    Last edited by grannock; 11-12-2010 at 01:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kingsblend420 View Post
    I have a ZS3. The previous generation from the ZS-7. I think the videos speak for themselves...
    Do yourself a favor and get the ZS7. It is the best point and shoot camera for shooting concerts on the market.

exactly what i was looking for. thanks.
    Check out Sleeping is Giving in for great mixes and other cool stuff

anyone looking for a camera for an event like coachella i recommended either one of these 2 the pentax w90 (http://www.pentaximaging.com/digital...tio_W90_Black/) or the Olympus stylus tough 8010 (http://www.olympusamerica.com/cpg_se...p?product=1497) i have the olympus and i love it. they are both waterproof, shockproof, weather proof cameras! the olympus is good size and takes great video and shots. a lil expensive but you can get an older model for cheaper. but with this camera you can bring it to the do lab, sweat all over it, throw it around and not have to worry about it at all.

If I buy a camera that uses a battery pack, how long do they last? And when I charge it how long will that take? I'm used to cameras that take AAs. Willing to make an upgrade but only if the camera's batteries last long enough.

Battery life varies greatly, depending on the camera and how you use it. You can get a lot of good information at a site like http://www.dpreview.com/ I think a lot of people, myself included, get an extra battery pack.

Quote Originally Posted by Stickjohn View Post
    Battery life varies greatly, depending on the camera and how you use it. You can get a lot of good information at a site like http://www.dpreview.com/ I think a lot of people, myself included, get an extra battery pack.

Thanks for the link and yes I'm with you, I'd buy an extra battery pack.