Page 409 of 417 FirstFirst ... 404405406407408409410411412413414 ... LastLast
Results 12,241 to 12,270 of 12499

Thread: Confessions

  1. #12241
    MENACING Courtney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    15,961

    Default Re: Confessions

    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    by 'flaked out' do you mean 'left early' or 'didn't show up at all'? My reaction to your possible worstness depends on this nuance.
    I did not go at all.

    The the party being thrown as a celebration of me getting a job was supposed to happen this coming Saturday, but I have a competing commitment that I cannot miss, so I sent an email that I would not be able to attend the party. My friend who suggested/planned said party sent me back a tersely worded "thanks for letting me know."

    I'm basically a massive asshole.

  2. #12242
    Peaceful Oasis TomAz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Zenith, Winnemac
    Posts
    40,901

    Default Re: Confessions

    Did your friend consult with you as to times you would be available? Or did s/he just assume you would drop whatever you were doing and come running?

    I mean, if you have a previous commitment that you "cannot miss", then it doesn't sound like you're being an asshole. It sounds like your friend is a poor planner.
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

  3. #12243
    old school ThatGirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    4,177

    Default Re: Confessions

    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Did your friend consult with you as to times you would be available? Or did s/he just assume you would drop whatever you were doing and come running?

    I mean, if you have a previous commitment that you "cannot miss", then it doesn't sound like you're being an asshole. It sounds like your friend is a poor planner.
    Totally agree- the fact that the planner didn't organize an appropriate time for your schedule, seeing as you're the guest of honor, is ridiculous. So not your fault or problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by M Sparks View Post
    It's all riding on this. You've got big dreams to ride to the top of the Flash Mob world. Well internet fame costs. And right now is when you start paying for it...in sweat.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    hey. get your own colonoscopy thread, bitch.

  4. #12244
    MENACING Courtney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    15,961

    Default Re: Confessions

    She consulted with me, but then I realized I had failed to record something on my calendar. So hence the email to tell her I couldn't make it.

  5. #12245
    Coachella Junkie algunz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Rustin' in Tustin
    Posts
    21,433

    Default Re: Confessions

    You suck, Courtney.

  6. #12246
    Peaceful Oasis TomAz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Zenith, Winnemac
    Posts
    40,901

    Default Re: Confessions

    I don't know if you're the worst exactly, Courtney. But, that's pretty fucking bad. You owe it to her to try to find a solution that at least minimizes the damage. Even if you think the whole thing is bullshit, you implicitly consented when you suggested to her dates that might work. If you didn't want to do it you should have found a reason then.

    It makes me wonder what the "cannot miss" event is. Because, implicitly consenting and suggesting dates makes the party in your honor pretty much 'cannot miss'. Unless it's like your uncle's funeral or something, you should reschedule the other event, and attend the party your friend is holding in your honor.
    Last edited by TomAz; 01-24-2014 at 08:04 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

  7. #12247
    Banned thelastgreatman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    The Wasteland (LA)
    Posts
    12,823

    Default Re: Confessions

    Did she already put down a deposit on a caterer or some shit? Otherwise, who gives a fuck?
    Quote Originally Posted by schoolofruckus View Post
    Look, your parenting is yours and Randy's business alone.
    Fans of TheLastGreatMan Accessory Shop

  8. #12248
    Peaceful Oasis TomAz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Zenith, Winnemac
    Posts
    40,901

    Default Re: Confessions

    FEELINGS, OH OH OH FEELINGS

    hi Randy!
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

  9. #12249
    Banned thelastgreatman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    The Wasteland (LA)
    Posts
    12,823

    Default Re: Confessions

    ... it was a music video in the 80s. Let's be realistic.
    Quote Originally Posted by schoolofruckus View Post
    Look, your parenting is yours and Randy's business alone.
    Fans of TheLastGreatMan Accessory Shop

  10. #12250

    Default Re: Confessions

    I want to take a dump, but my roommate won't leave and I don't want him in the room while I go. FML
    Quote Originally Posted by RotationSlimWang View Post
    Smooches. =)

  11. #12251
    ankle biter guedita's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    EPA
    Posts
    23,310

    Default Re: Confessions

    Is your toilet in the kitchen or something

    9/12: Shifted @ Mercer
    9/24 - 28: Decibel Festival
    10/3-5: Hardly Strictly Bluegrass Festival
    10/4: Ought @ BoH
    10/5: The War on Drugs, Cass McCombs @ The Fillmore
    10/18-19: Treasure Island Music Festival

  12. #12252
    Coachella Junkie Neighborhood Creep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Duluth Minnesota
    Posts
    8,565

    Default Re: Confessions

    Quote Originally Posted by nyarlathotoats View Post
    I want to take a dump, but my roommate won't leave and I don't want him in the room while I go. FML
    Pretend you're taking a shower
    Quote Originally Posted by theklein25 View Post
    When Foster the People played Pumped Up Kicks I freaked the fuck out because I thought that song was long gone

  13. #12253
    zeezus amyzzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Arizzzona
    Posts
    40,903

    Default Re: Confessions

    Bring a radio in there and turn the volume up. (Do people have radios anymore? Or small speakers?)
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

  14. #12254
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    LA, Southern California fool-the west coast.
    Posts
    598

    Default Re: Confessions

    He's your roommate. Does he think you don't poop? Do you think he doesn't poop? Well, I've got news for ya.

  15. #12255
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    LA, Southern California fool-the west coast.
    Posts
    598

    Default Re: Confessions

    Dude in my office just claimed to know the inventor of broccoli. I need to get out of this place.

  16. #12256
    Pedley Rocks JustSteve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    the Beach of Newport
    Posts
    12,130

    Default Re: Confessions

    If he is super religious he just may.

  17. #12257
    Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    DTLA, CA
    Posts
    21,403

    Default Re: Confessions

    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Is your toilet in the kitchen or something
    Maybe he's posting from jail
    last.fm
    8/23-24/14 FYF Fest - Expo Park //8/25/14 Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl // 9/6/14 Elvis Costello & Ben Folds - Hollywood Bowl
    9/12-14/14 Riotfest - Humboldt Park, Chicago, IL // 9/18/14 Neutral Milk Hotel - Hollywood Bowl

  18. #12258
    Coachella Junkie Neighborhood Creep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Duluth Minnesota
    Posts
    8,565

    Default Re: Confessions

    I Keep Up With The Kardashians
    Quote Originally Posted by theklein25 View Post
    When Foster the People played Pumped Up Kicks I freaked the fuck out because I thought that song was long gone

  19. #12259

    Default Re: Confessions

    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Maybe he's posting from jail
    Not quite; small area, but sharing a room. I know he shits too, but (another confession) more often than not, my gases are quite noisy, and I don't want that. Gas-X it is.
    Quote Originally Posted by RotationSlimWang View Post
    Smooches. =)

  20. #12260

    Default Re: Confessions

    Quote Originally Posted by Neighborhood Creep View Post
    I Keep Up With The Kardashians
    I would too if I didn't stop being so hungover on Sundays.
    Quote Originally Posted by RotationSlimWang View Post
    Smooches. =)

  21. #12261
    Coachella Junkie algunz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Rustin' in Tustin
    Posts
    21,433

    Default Re: Confessions

    I do too, but mostly through my prescription to Star magazine.

  22. #12262
    Coachella Junkie Neighborhood Creep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Duluth Minnesota
    Posts
    8,565

    Default Re: Confessions

    Quote Originally Posted by algunz View Post
    I do too, but mostly through my prescription to Star magazine.
    I'm a sucker for the show. It's the only reality show I record if I have something else going on
    Quote Originally Posted by theklein25 View Post
    When Foster the People played Pumped Up Kicks I freaked the fuck out because I thought that song was long gone

  23. #12263
    Coachella Junkie algunz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Rustin' in Tustin
    Posts
    21,433

    Default Re: Confessions

    I record Real Housewives OC, BH, and NYC, Top Chef, and Project Runway.

    Izzy records Finding Bigfoot.

  24. #12264
    Coachella Junkie Neighborhood Creep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Duluth Minnesota
    Posts
    8,565

    Default Re: Confessions

    Gordon Ramsy shows are a win as well.

    I watch Finding Bigfoot more than I should.
    Quote Originally Posted by theklein25 View Post
    When Foster the People played Pumped Up Kicks I freaked the fuck out because I thought that song was long gone

  25. #12265
    Coachella Junkie algunz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Rustin' in Tustin
    Posts
    21,433

    Default Re: Confessions

    I told Izzy that they're never going to find him and she said, "Well, should I just stop believing in Santa Claus too?"

    Ooooops!

  26. #12266
    Daft Punky Junkie BROKENDOLL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    15,655

    Default Re: Confessions

    Quote Originally Posted by Neighborhood Creep View Post
    I Keep Up With The Kardashians
    A third grader could keep up with the Kardashians...

  27. #12267
    Daft Punky Junkie BROKENDOLL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    15,655

    Default Re: Confessions

    As a matter of fact, the first experience I had with those bimbos was during one of their all day and night marathons...I swear I got smarter with each passing episode...

  28. #12268
    Pedley Rocks JustSteve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    the Beach of Newport
    Posts
    12,130

    Default Re: Confessions

    When you start out as dumb as a box of rocks the only way to go is up.

  29. #12269
    Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    DTLA, CA
    Posts
    21,403

    Default Re: Confessions

    Saying that your first experience with something was by watching it all day and all night in a marathon is indeed a good way to prove your point that it is for idiots, but not in the way that you intended it to be.
    last.fm
    8/23-24/14 FYF Fest - Expo Park //8/25/14 Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl // 9/6/14 Elvis Costello & Ben Folds - Hollywood Bowl
    9/12-14/14 Riotfest - Humboldt Park, Chicago, IL // 9/18/14 Neutral Milk Hotel - Hollywood Bowl

  30. #12270
    Coachella Junkie fatbastard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Pasadena
    Posts
    12,284

    Default Re: Confessions

    19 in total
    Whiskey Sour

    2 oz blended whiskey
    Juice of 1/2 lemon
    1/2 tsp powdered sugar
    1 cherry
    1/2 slice lemon

    Shake blended whiskey, juice of lemon, and powdered sugar with ice and strain into a whiskey sour glass. Decorate with the half-slice of lemon, top with the cherry, and serve.

Similar Threads

  1. Confessions on a Coachella Floor
    By TomAz in forum Misc. Lounge
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 01-09-2010, 11:16 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •