Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 137

Thread: OH HAI I LIKES ELECTRONICAZ TOOS LOL

  1. #1
    Coachella Junkie brando4n82's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Moorpark, CA
    Posts
    6,143

    Default I was the first person ever to listen to electronica!!!!

    To all of you that complain about Ed Banger hype and "indie kids" digging electronica now, you are the real poser. Are you really upset that new, younger people are discovering this wondeful sound? Are you really that selfish that you want to be a part of a small group of people that appreciate a certain type of music?
    I can understand if you're in your mid-20s, you don't want a bunch of 15 year olds running around you at a show, and might prefer it to be 21+. But to actually be pissed off that other people are enjoying the music besides you, is some weak sauce, lame as shit, BRO.
    You know who you are out there. You make me sick.
    Last edited by brando4n82; 10-14-2007 at 10:48 AM.
    Superfan will be in front of the Fonda masturbating furiously to a photo of him taking a photo of a band. Set is from 8:05 to approximately 8:05:15. Guest list only.

    Upcoming Shows: Yes - Greek Theater, NIN/Soundgarden - Hollywood Bowl, Nocturnal Wonderland Saturday, Cut Chemist/Dj Shadow - Palladium, Massive Attack SB Bowl

  2. #2
    Peaceful Oasis TomAz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Zenith, Winnemac
    Posts
    40,846

    Default Re: I WAS THE PERSON EVER TO LISTEN TO ELECTRONICA!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

  3. #3
    Member airguitarvet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    North Hollywood
    Posts
    1,756

    Default Re: I WAS THE PERSON EVER TO LISTEN TO ELECTRONICA!!!

    Last edited by airguitarvet; 10-14-2007 at 07:00 AM.
    coachella vet: 02, 03, 06, 07, 08, 09......
    http://mrgwillgo.blogspot.com/

  4. #4
    Endearingly Dislikable RotationSlimWang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    11,892

    Default Re: I WAS THE PERSON EVER TO LISTEN TO ELECTRONICA!!!

    "I was the person ever to listen to electronica?" I think you're missing a qualifier to "person" in there. Un-fuck this thread title, please.

    EDIT: Way to go.
    Last edited by RotationSlimWang; 10-14-2007 at 07:06 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    Hannah, I don't know that pigs have big weiners, and my early 20's facination with dogs because of weiner size, I think. If that helps.

  5. #5
    old school Tylerdurden31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY...the non-hipster part
    Posts
    3,847

    Default Re: I WAS THE PERSON EVER TO LISTEN TO ELECTRONICA!!!


  6. #6
    Old Gay Guy gaypalmsprings's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Palm Springs, CA
    Posts
    20,732

    Default Re: I WAS THE FIRST PERSON EVER TO LISTEN TO ELECTRONICA!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    You shouldn't feel uncool for not going to EDC, you should feel uncool because you are uncool.

  7. #7
    photoslut ivankay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Stanton, Ca
    Posts
    7,897

    Default Re: I WAS THE FIRST PERSON EVER TO LISTEN TO ELECTRONICA!!!

    That reminds me of the time the media and record labels came up with the term "electonica" in the earlier part of the nineties to describe that "new" thing they were gonna try to sell that was coming out of those crazy rave and house cultures. The term reminded me of when "moshing" got slammed on "slamming" and a good ol' "pit" became a "mosh pit". And those 50 mile walks, uphill both ways with a 10 pound pager on your belt and only being able to drink water out of a cup were a muther fucker....

    (puts in teeth)

    Who bitches about kids getting into music and good times? i think it's one of those good things you see happening with the precious "future".

  8. #8
    Coachella Junkie brando4n82's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Moorpark, CA
    Posts
    6,143

    Default Re: I WAS THE FIRST PERSON EVER TO LISTEN TO ELECTRONICA!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by ivankay View Post
    That reminds me of the time the media and record labels came up with the term "electonica" in the earlier part of the nineties to describe that "new" thing they were gonna try to sell that was coming out of those crazy rave and house cultures. The term reminded me of when "moshing" got slammed on "slamming" and a good ol' "pit" became a "mosh pit". And those 50 mile walks, uphill both ways with a 10 pound pager on your belt and only being able to drink water out of a cup were a muther fucker....

    (puts in teeth)

    Who bitches about kids getting into music and good times? i think it's one of those good things you see happening with the precious "future".
    SERIOUS.

    oh, and thank god for pre packaged water bottles.
    Superfan will be in front of the Fonda masturbating furiously to a photo of him taking a photo of a band. Set is from 8:05 to approximately 8:05:15. Guest list only.

    Upcoming Shows: Yes - Greek Theater, NIN/Soundgarden - Hollywood Bowl, Nocturnal Wonderland Saturday, Cut Chemist/Dj Shadow - Palladium, Massive Attack SB Bowl

  9. #9
    Member noisemachine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Santa Barbara and East Bay Area
    Posts
    1,288

    Default Re: I WAS THE FIRST PERSON EVER TO LISTEN TO ELECTRONICA!!!

    I remember this one time in '77 i threw this house party and Kraftwerk played at it.

  10. #10
    Coachella Junkie
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    10,554

    Default Re: I WAS THE FIRST PERSON EVER TO LISTEN TO ELECTRONICA!!!

    why be mad about kids listening to better music?

    would you rather see the fanbase of bands such as Sum 41 and MCR grow?

  11. #11
    Milkshake suprefan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Burbank CA
    Posts
    43,940

    Default Re: I WAS THE FIRST PERSON EVER TO LISTEN TO ELECTRONICA!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by brando4n82 View Post
    To all of you that complain about Ed Banger hype and "indie kids" digging electronica now, you are the real poser. Are you really upset that new, younger people are discovering this wondeful sound? Are you really that selfish that you want to be a part of a small group of people that appreciate a certain type of music?
    I can understand if you're in your mid-20s, you don't want a bunch of 15 year olds running around you at a show, and might prefer it to be 21+. But to actually be pissed off that other people are enjoying the music besides you, is some weak sauce, lame as shit, BRO.
    You know who you are out there. You make me sick.
    You are a kid too. Stop slamming your peeps yo.

  12. #12
    Old Gay Guy gaypalmsprings's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Palm Springs, CA
    Posts
    20,732

    Default Re: I WAS THE FIRST PERSON EVER TO LISTEN TO ELECTRONICA!!!

    I bought a Kraftwerk album in the early 70s. It still sounds as good today as it did then. BTW, I still have the album.
    Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    You shouldn't feel uncool for not going to EDC, you should feel uncool because you are uncool.

  13. #13
    foof roberto73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Stately Wayne Manor
    Posts
    2,990

    Default Re: I WAS THE FIRST PERSON EVER TO LISTEN TO ELECTRONICA!!!

    Actually, Brando, I think it's only natural for people to criticize the younger generation when they latch onto a style of music. I know my grandparents got all bent out of shape when I started listening to big band music. "Don't you set foot in this house wearing those spats," they said. "I was listening to Rudy Vallee before you were born. I drank giggle water in a speakeasy with Cab Calloway, so don't you come in here with your Jimmy Dorsey and your foxtrot." Octogenerian poseurs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Riggins33 View Post
    Hey rubber toe, it's a message board not a English essay. NERD

  14. #14
    Coachella Junkie brando4n82's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Moorpark, CA
    Posts
    6,143

    Default Re: I WAS THE FIRST PERSON EVER TO LISTEN TO ELECTRONICA!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by suprefan View Post
    You are a kid too. Stop slamming your peeps yo.
    who are my own peeps? I'm not slamming anyone of specific age.
    It just seems like some people on this board are irritated with the fact that electronic music is gaining a lot of momentum right now in the states. I have seen plenty of comments in this board in which they are bashing "indie kids" and the rest of the youth all of the sudden showing up to Ed Banger parties and other related events, even though Ed banger parties are relatively new as well, so I just dont understand this negative stigma towards youth and electronica. I'm not saying this thread is addressing the entire Coachella forum, only those whos comments I've cleary interpreted that fit this, well I don't want to say an arguement, because it's not. I'm just simply throwing in my 2 cents. so whatevs
    Superfan will be in front of the Fonda masturbating furiously to a photo of him taking a photo of a band. Set is from 8:05 to approximately 8:05:15. Guest list only.

    Upcoming Shows: Yes - Greek Theater, NIN/Soundgarden - Hollywood Bowl, Nocturnal Wonderland Saturday, Cut Chemist/Dj Shadow - Palladium, Massive Attack SB Bowl

  15. #15
    old school orbit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    4,989

    Default Re: I WAS THE FIRST PERSON EVER TO LISTEN TO ELECTRONICA!!!

    I don't think anyone has criticized people who listen Ed Banger, but the critics were more towards the Ed Banger crew itself.

    At least, I always criticize Sebastian and Kavisnky. Cmon, they are pretty bad, aren't they?

    Oizo and Feadz FTW

  16. #16
    old school orbit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    4,989

    Default Re: I WAS THE FIRST PERSON EVER TO LISTEN TO ELECTRONICA!!!

    And I think my grandpa went to this guy's first party


  17. #17
    Rover canexplain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Aurora Colorado
    Posts
    15,035

    Default Re: I WAS THE FIRST PERSON EVER TO LISTEN TO ELECTRONICA!!!

    i take your comments as a cut because i am one of the oldest people here ... i never dog the younger peeps and i resent the fact you put me into a group like that canx**
    Have Another Hit Of Colorado Sunshine

  18. #18
    Coachella Junkie brando4n82's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Moorpark, CA
    Posts
    6,143

    Default Re: I WAS THE FIRST PERSON EVER TO LISTEN TO ELECTRONICA!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by orbit View Post
    I don't think anyone has criticized people who listen Ed Banger, but the critics were more towards the Ed Banger crew itself.

    At least, I always criticize Sebastian and Kavisnky. Cmon, they are pretty bad, aren't they?

    Oizo and Feadz FTW
    well, its all preferal taste. I hate kavinsky, hate him. But I think Sebastian is way tiight, I don't know about really GOOD, but I enjoy listening to his shit. But this is not the point. this thread was mainly aimed at people that have been listening to Electronic music for a good while, and are butt hurt a new, younger generation is getting pretty thick in the "scene." However, you can find these kinds of people with any genre of music. Those people that don't like a band they really like to blow up on the main stream. Music is music, and everyone that wants to enjoy it should enjoy with there fullest interest and passion.
    Superfan will be in front of the Fonda masturbating furiously to a photo of him taking a photo of a band. Set is from 8:05 to approximately 8:05:15. Guest list only.

    Upcoming Shows: Yes - Greek Theater, NIN/Soundgarden - Hollywood Bowl, Nocturnal Wonderland Saturday, Cut Chemist/Dj Shadow - Palladium, Massive Attack SB Bowl

  19. #19
    Coachella Junkie ficklecycle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    9,904

    Default Re: OH HAI I LIKES ELECTRONICAZ TOOS LOL

    What is the meaning of this?
    8/21 Interpol @ Boulevard Pool
    8/23 & 24 FYF Fest
    9/6 Salva @ TBA
    9/17 DJ Earl @ Low End Theory
    9/18 Gaslamp Killer @ Mayan
    9/22 Interpol @ Fox Pomona
    9/25 Simian Mobile Disco @ El Rey

  20. #20
    Coachella Junkie woogie846's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    7,660

    Default Re: OH HAI I LIKES ELECTRONICAZ TOOS LOL

    No clue.

  21. #21

    Default Re: OH HAI I LIKES ELECTRONICAZ TOOS LOL

    I don't have a problem at all with younger people getting into techno, but I loathe hipsters who stand completely motionless at the shows, while text messaging their other hipster friends (who are at the same show).

  22. #22
    Dark Lord mountmccabe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    The Mission
    Posts
    11,976

    Default Re: I WAS THE FIRST PERSON EVER TO LISTEN TO ELECTRONICA!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by brando4n82 View Post
    the fact that electronic music is gaining a lot of momentum right now in the states.
    No, it's not.
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulDischarge View Post
    See how wrong you are, Tommy? Randy is agreeing with you.

  23. #23
    Old Gay Guy gaypalmsprings's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Palm Springs, CA
    Posts
    20,732

    Default Re: OH HAI I LIKES ELECTRONICAZ TOOS LOL

    Quote Originally Posted by Lurker_in_a_tree View Post
    I loathe hipsters
    Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    You shouldn't feel uncool for not going to EDC, you should feel uncool because you are uncool.

  24. #24
    Coachella Junkie brando4n82's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Moorpark, CA
    Posts
    6,143

    Default Re: I WAS THE FIRST PERSON EVER TO LISTEN TO ELECTRONICA!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    i take your comments as a cut because i am one of the oldest people here ... i never dog the younger peeps and i resent the fact you put me into a group like that canx**
    Well, i'm sorry thats what you got out of my posts, but if you read them more thouroughly, you'd know I'm not referring to every single older person that listens to electronic music, and at no point have a read any comment that you've posted that links you to what I am talking about. sorry for any confusion
    Superfan will be in front of the Fonda masturbating furiously to a photo of him taking a photo of a band. Set is from 8:05 to approximately 8:05:15. Guest list only.

    Upcoming Shows: Yes - Greek Theater, NIN/Soundgarden - Hollywood Bowl, Nocturnal Wonderland Saturday, Cut Chemist/Dj Shadow - Palladium, Massive Attack SB Bowl

  25. #25
    Rover canexplain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Aurora Colorado
    Posts
    15,035

    Default Re: I WAS THE FIRST PERSON EVER TO LISTEN TO ELECTRONICA!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by brando4n82 View Post
    Well, i'm sorry thats what you got out of my posts, but if you read them more thouroughly, you'd know I'm not referring to every single older person that listens to electronic music, and at no point have a read any comment that you've posted that links you to what I am talking about. sorry for any confusion
    none taken after i had my 2nd cup of coffee ....... you did make some valid points , but you were just a little too general .. rock and roll and electronic lol ... canx**
    Have Another Hit Of Colorado Sunshine

  26. #26
    Coachella Junkie summerkid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    6,661

    Default Re: OH HAI I LIKES ELECTRONICAZ TOOS LOL

    The White Stripes 9/18

  27. #27
    Coachella Junkie Ardentbiscuit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    6,697

    Default Re: OH HAI I LIKES ELECTRONICAZ TOOS LOL

    The greatest movie ever about being in a scene..

    http://youtube.com/watch?v=
    related&search=SLC%20Punk

  28. #28
    Daft Punky Junkie BROKENDOLL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    15,648

    Default Re: OH HAI I LIKES ELECTRONICAZ TOOS LOL

    For the love of music, it's a matter of respect...Love the music enjoy the show, but respect those also enjoying it and there shouldn't be any bullshit...Not all young 'uns have learned that yet, and hopefully those with age and wisdom are patient enough to overlook those things...
    Its like the Infinite Monkey Theorem, if you put X amount of monkeys in a room with a typewriter and ask them to give you Shakespeare 99% of them will fling their shit at you while the other 1% will masturbate in the corner.

  29. #29
    Coachella Junkie
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    10,554

    Default Re: I WAS THE FIRST PERSON EVER TO LISTEN TO ELECTRONICA!!!

    I can see why one would hate "younger kids getting into the scene", but in my opinion, we need to specify who you are hating. In this case, younger kids getting into the scene is good. I'd rather have the younger ones thinking "justices is good" rather than only thinking emo-teen rock whatever you want to call it is good. I have no problem with people jumping into this music scene because I think its better for them. Maybe its a chance for them to expand their interests and get into better music. My first electronic album was Prodigy's Fat of the Land years ago, and it made me jump further into EDM. Now EDM is my favorite style of music. Its cool for people to jump into other styles, as long as they do their "homework" on the style, its ok.

    The people we should be hating are the people who get into the scene, and then act like they know it all. The people who listen to the music, but dont look back to its roots. We need to be hating the people who jumped into Ed Banger, but don't know crap about older electronic music. The kids that think Ed Banger is fun, but hear a sont by Kraftwerk and then think "what is this crap?". Those are the people we can hate.

    meh I hope that made some sense

  30. #30
    old school crazzz2007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    5,828

    Default Re: I WAS THE FIRST PERSON EVER TO LISTEN TO ELECTRONICA!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by betao View Post
    I can see why one would hate "younger kids getting into the scene", but in my opinion, we need to specify who you are hating. In this case, younger kids getting into the scene is good. I'd rather have the younger ones thinking "justices is good" rather than only thinking emo-teen rock whatever you want to call it is good. I have no problem with people jumping into this music scene because I think its better for them. Maybe its a chance for them to expand their interests and get into better music. My first electronic album was Prodigy's Fat of the Land years ago, and it made me jump further into EDM. Now EDM is my favorite style of music. Its cool for people to jump into other styles, as long as they do their "homework" on the style, its ok.

    The people we should be hating are the people who get into the scene, and then act like they know it all. The people who listen to the music, but dont look back to its roots. We need to be hating the people who jumped into Ed Banger, but don't know crap about older electronic music. The kids that think Ed Banger is fun, but hear a sont by Kraftwerk and then think "what is this crap?". Those are the people we can hate.

    meh I hope that made some sense
    perfect sense.

Similar Threads

  1. Who likes brownies?
    By RienOneTexas in forum Music Lounge
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 03-09-2007, 12:54 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •