Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 131415161718192021 LastLast

Thread: Help me understand . . .

Default Re: Help me understand . . .

Quote Originally Posted by stinkbutt View Post
    Me too. It's why I have so many DWIs. Take out as many as you can, right?
    This only works if the driver dies too.

Because the EU won't sell it to American prisons anymore.

Sheldurrr is correct; the CNN video said two drugs, they briefly considered using two drugs, and other states are now using two drugs, but it was actually three used yesterday: http://m.motherjones.com/mojo/2014/0...-drug-protocol
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    To you guys I say Wat?????????? Off to ?????? ....... cr****
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    It's hard to argue with that.

Quote Originally Posted by koryp View Post
    Versed is a terrible drug to use to kill. The dose is so dependent of the person getting it based on their cardiac output and rate of metabolism. It's really a waste too of you use a high potency narcotic like dilaudid or fentanyl. Phenobarbital was an ideal drug to use, however all this "new morality" by pharmaceutical companies is making it too hard to do one really simple thing well, rub motherfuckers out.

Also the whole being baffled and appalled by the death process is really some weak ass pansy bullshit. It is rarely all peaceful and wonderful with puppies and flower covered hills. Death is gruesome to watch, bodies reject the notion that they stop working. The autonomic response after cardiac and respiratory arrest looks just like it should.

1. Bolus Propofol until unconsciousness/respiratory arrest.

2. Bolus Potassium Chloride until cardiac arrest.

3. Say a prayer for the executioner.

It's not that hard, Oklahoma.
    Quote Originally Posted by MotorAve View Post
    Careful, while the threats are amusingly clueless, I could probably have this whole board shut down with one phone call.

There's a nation wide propofol shortage. Won't happen. Also since it's short acting and rapidly reversable, poor choice when vein patently may be an issue.
    Wow, 12 step meetings at Coachella, who knew? SOBERCHELLA.COM

I'm a reasonable man, get off my case....

Honestly, why the fuck can't we just give them a massive dose of fentanyl? Let the cocksuckers go out on a high note.
    Quote Originally Posted by schoolofruckus View Post
    Look, your parenting is yours and Randy's business alone.
    Fans of TheLastGreatMan Accessory Shop

Versed is a terrible drug to use to kill. The dose is so dependent of the person getting it based on their cardiac output and rate of metabolism. It's really a waste too of you use a high potency narcotic like dilaudid or fentanyl. Phenobarbital was an ideal drug to use, however all this "new morality" by pharmaceutical companies is making it too .
    Docs have to give me at minimum 3-4 times a normal dose of versed for me to feel anything. They used to do my bronchoscopies under sedation as opposed to general anesthesia and there were several instances where I came to due to not enough of the versed and morphine concoction. They would be hitting me with 30+mg's of morphine on top of the triple dose of versed. Good times.

Edit, Randy bait: shit, I was on 2mg of dilaudid every 2 hours last time I was in the hospital. I would be a hard one to kill via lethal injection.
    Last edited by JustSteve; 04-30-2014 at 07:42 PM.

Coachella Junkie malcolmjamalawesome's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by algunz View Post
    The "principles" of the country have proven themselves unreliable innumerate times.
    Nobody is going to call gunz out on saying "innumerate"?
    Quote Originally Posted by ruetheday View Post
    I don't fucking care. I don't even know who the hell Dave Wang is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devin the Dude View Post
    you used to be that guy that just Dave Wang's everybody. that guy. he's gone now, and whoever you really are showed up, and that was utter disappointment.

Coachella Junkie malcolmjamalawesome's Avatar

Fun fact: gunz is probably innumerate.
    Quote Originally Posted by ruetheday View Post
    I don't fucking care. I don't even know who the hell Dave Wang is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devin the Dude View Post
    you used to be that guy that just Dave Wang's everybody. that guy. he's gone now, and whoever you really are showed up, and that was utter disappointment.

There's a nation wide propofol shortage. Won't happen. Also since it's short acting and rapidly reversable, poor choice when vein patently may be an issue.
    I'm sure the state of Oklahoma could locate a bottle or two.

Yes, it's short acting but apnea is easily induced even at "therapeutic" doses, never mind a generously calculated overdose.

Vein patency should never be an issue when the state decides to end the life of one of it's citizens.
    Careful, while the threats are amusingly clueless, I could probably have this whole board shut down with one phone call.

your really enjoying that.

Opposed to capital punishment. No exceptions.

C'mon, I'm from Massachusetts.

Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    Docs have to give me at minimum 3-4 times a normal dose of versed for me to feel anything. They used to do my bronchoscopies under sedation as opposed to general anesthesia and there were several instances where I came to due to not enough of the versed and morphine concoction. They would be hitting me with 30+mg's of morphine on top of the triple dose of versed. Good times.

Edit, Randy bait: shit, I was on 2mg of dilaudid every 2 hours last time I was in the hospital. I would be a hard one to kill via lethal injection.
    Fentanyl is 40x stronger than dilaudid. I don't even think there is an injection form of it because it's so potent. Shoot somebody up with 1000 mg of Fentanyl, their respiratory system will be down within 15 minutes flat.

Wouldn't take that long.

To die completely, yeah it would. Opiate death is not quick, even when it's a LOT of opiate. It's not like in the movies, you slowly--but peacefully--asphyxiate as your breaths just get shallower and shallower.

Quote Originally Posted by thelastgreatman View Post
    Fentanyl is 40x stronger than dilaudid. I don't even think there is an injection form of it because it's so potent. Shoot somebody up with 1000 mg of Fentanyl, their respiratory system will be down within 15 minutes flat.
    I've been on those damn patches and they did nothing when I broke my rib. My doc always fought prescribing them because he was worried id begin hallucinating and having other issues. Think I was on the 50mcg dose. I was actually excited about getting that out of it, haha.

And yes, there is an injectable form. Have had it post op in the past. Given in very small doses though, measured in mcg as opposed to mg.
    Last edited by JustSteve; 04-30-2014 at 08:34 PM.

1000 mg =1,000,000 micrograms.

That's enough Fentanyl to induce respiratory arrest for a platoon of junkies.

States aren't using Propofol in executions for fear that the EU will ben its import to the US.
    Remember Hitler? I don't but here we are again .. cr****

Quote Originally Posted by santasutt View Post
    1. Bolus Propofol until unconsciousness/respiratory arrest.

2. Bolus Potassium Chloride until cardiac arrest.

3. Say a prayer for the executioner.

It's not that hard, Oklahoma.
    Snow them Propofol/Fentanyl/Ketamine concoction so they have no chance of feeling anything.
    Sux/Rocuronium to make them stop breathing/moving.
    Potassium Chloride to make sure the job is done.
    06,11,12,13,14(1+2)

To die completely, yeah it would. Opiate death is not quick, even when it's a LOT of opiate. It's not like in the movies, you slowly--but peacefully--asphyxiate as your breaths just get shallower and shallower.
    I had major surgery a number of years back, and accidentally self administered too much morpheine (sp?) with a button pump thing. I ended up breathing so infrequently and so shallow that a nurse sat up with me all night and I had fits of panic, waking up gasping after not breathing and panicking because I couldn't breathe. It was scary and not peaceful at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by M Sparks View Post
    It's all riding on this. You've got big dreams to ride to the top of the Flash Mob world. Well internet fame costs. And right now is when you start paying for it...in sweat.
    hey. get your own colonoscopy thread, bitch.

There is injectible fentanyl. It's in mcg though. Injecting them with that much wouldn't take that long. It would be a race between the respiratory depression and hypotension that would kill them.
    Last edited by Shaxspear; 04-30-2014 at 11:36 PM.
    06,11,12,13,14(1+2)

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

Santasutt is an actual doctor, by the way.
    last.fm
    12/4/14 - Angel Olsen @ El Rey // 12/10/14 - Tune-Yards/Cibo Matto @ Wiltern

Quote Originally Posted by santasutt View Post
    I'm sure the state of Oklahoma could locate a bottle or two.

Yes, it's short acting but apnea is easily induced even at "therapeutic" doses, never mind a generously calculated overdose.

Vein patency should never be an issue when the state decides to end the life of one of it's citizens.
    Yet in at least three less that ideal killings that I recall it has been suspect or outright cited as the cause. I think a grand for a couple of PICC insertions or a nice TLC is in order, but as you know, the current climate of disdain by the healthcare community for participating in capital punishment does not exactly encourage the brightest minds to take part in the planning and execution of the execution.

I don't necessarily think the old Barb/Succ/kcl method was perfect but it was effective. Fucking pansies.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaxspear View Post
    There is injectible fentanyl. It's in mcg though. Injecting them with that much wouldn't take that long. It would be a race between the respiratory depression and hypotension that would kill them.
    There's not enough redundancy in this. You sound like you know at least enough about these drugs to know that some people can ride out the respiratory and hemodynamic depression and recover enough to prolong the dying process to the point of causing disturbance for the audience or worse, simply start spontaneous respiration and just hang in there. I've seen up to 300 mcgs metabolized by a patient in less than 10 minutes to the point that spontaneous respirations returned. I have no problem imagining a cockroach out there that could take a gram and come up smiles after a while. Killing should always be done without doubt.

...maybe he's just an anesthesiologist or something...

Maybe they should just shoot them in the head, like someone said earlier. I am completely against capital punishment, but if they are going to do it, they should do it as quickly and painlessly as possible. This latest botched death was so awful.
    Quote Originally Posted by concertgoer View Post
    You better stop because he can shut down this message board with one call.

There's not enough redundancy in this. You sound like you know at least enough about these drugs to know that some people can ride out the respiratory and hemodynamic depression and recover enough to prolong the dying process to the point of causing disturbance for the audience or worse, simply start spontaneous respiration and just hang in there. I've seen up to 300 mcgs metabolized by a patient in less than 10 minutes to the point that spontaneous respirations returned. I have no problem imagining a cockroach out there that could take a gram and come up smiles after a while. Killing should always be done without doubt.
    Yeah a gram "should" kill almost everyone, but there are always exceptions. That's why my ideal cocktail would be Fent/ketamine to snow them long enough for the sux and kcl to do the job.

Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    Maybe they should just shoot them in the head, like someone said earlier. I am completely against capital punishment, but if they are going to do it, they should do it as quickly and painlessly as possible. This latest botched death was so awful.
    That's not always effective either.

If you want to read a recent account of a firing squad execution, Utah has you covered. It sounds pretty horrifying in all of its clinical detail to me, and reinforces my belief that there's no decent way for the state to kill one of its citizens.

A narrative account here.
    Last edited by Miroir Noir; 05-01-2014 at 09:07 AM.
    To you guys I say Wat?????????? Off to ?????? ....... cr****
    It's hard to argue with that.

BBBBBBMMMMMMMMMZZZZZFDLKFDKKKKKKKKK WHAT IF YOUR SISTER WERE RAPED DKKKKKKKKKKKSDLKSR

BBBBBBMMMMMMMMMZZZZZFDLKFDKKKKKKKKK WHAT IF YOUR SISTER WERE RAPED DKKKKKKKKKKKSDLKSR
    Now Tom has summed up (very effectively) why it takes four weeks in con law 1 for the teacher to explain the modus ponens form he showed us earlier. Because, every time you try to explain something using logic, another person presents a conditional or hypothetical anecdote. Examples include: ONE TIME A POLICE OFFICER KICKED MY FRIEND IN THE FACE OUTSIDE THE ABORTION CLINIC SO ROE V WADE WASN'T RESPECTED
    CHECK OUT HOW ME AND MY BORING FRIENDS EXPERIENCE COACHELLA!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7FL8IWFxMU