It's the Integratron.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Remember Hitler? I don't but here we are again .. cr****

Default Re: Help me understand . . .

Thank you. Is it worth the effort?

It's pretty trippy. We enjoyed it.
    Quote Originally Posted by PotVsKtl View Post
    See that guy in the background talking loudly about crab cakes? That's you.

Why people keep telling me that including mostly fruit in my new NUTRIBULLET is like, "bad." And get fucked if your answer is some vague thing about TOO MUCH SUGAR because that thing barely holds more than half a banana, a handful of blueberries, and a handful of whatever other fruit in addition to the spinach/kale/chard that goes in it.

9/12: Shifted @ Mercer
    9/24 - 28: Decibel Festival
    10/3-5: Hardly Strictly Bluegrass Festival
    10/4: Ought @ BoH
    10/5: The War on Drugs, Cass McCombs @ The Fillmore
    10/18-19: Treasure Island Music Festival

It really depends on what you are doing, why you are using the NUTRIBULLET.

I don't know that I would go as far as to say it was bad but for me it would be kind of missing the point. Blueberries and bananas are great but they are fantastic raw all on their own. I don't need to pulverize them to make then palatable. For me getting enough fruit just means having it around. Especially since, well, they're actually not all that vitamin packed, compared to swiss chard, spinach and kale. Or broccoli, carrots, etc. [Sorry, no more linking to nutrition data for 100 g samples].

If I were doing this I would look into complimentary pairings of greens and other vegetables to get 100% U.S.R.D.A. of as many vitamins and minerals as possible. And then I would add blueberries and other fruit to make it good enough to drink regularly. And maybe also add some nuts or flax seed or whatever for good fats, protein and fiber.

But it all depends on what you want out of it. And what will motivate you to keep making these and finishing them. You can fill it with the perfect balance of vegetables and what not but if you don't drink the smoothing it doesn't matter. And, I mean, shit. Fruit smoothies are delicious and a great thing to add alcohol to. But yeah, it can be a lot of sugar per cup (or whatever). (I'll go get fucked now).
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulDischarge View Post
    See how wrong you are, Tommy? Randy is agreeing with you.

The title of this thread reminds me of "People are People."

That is all.
    To you guys I say Wat?????????? Off to ?????? ....... cr****
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    It's hard to argue with that.

So you're cruising down the freeway in the left lane. You look in the rearview mirror and notice someone is coming up behind you moving faster than you are. You have an open lane to your right, help me understand why you refuse to move.

I think a lot of people feel that they need to enforce speed limits, or at least their idea of what a proper speed should be. I think that explains some of the "I'm not getting over crowd," along with general laziness and assholery.

BECAUSE MY TAX DOLLARS PAID FOR THIS LANE TOO IDIOT
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

Quote Originally Posted by mountmccabe View Post
    It really depends on what you are doing, why you are using the NUTRIBULLET.
    Thanks, John. I am mostly using it because my mom gave it to me and because it's so far been super fun to say PULVERIZE as much as possible in conjunction with using it. I eat raw fruit and cooked green/cruciferous veggies regularly, so I'm not really using the bullet out of some need or attempt to get the nutrients into my system. I've been following the guidelines of it being half greens and then fruit & seeds so far. I assume the novelty of pulverizing everything will wear off soon.

The same thing happened when I got my juicer. Anyone I talked to was like - if you put in more than one green apple you're just making something with as much sugar as concentrated orange juice. This made little to no sense to me as I was using just enough fruit to make the 90% leafy vegetable mix and carrots taste not like butthole.
    CHECK OUT HOW ME AND MY BORING FRIENDS EXPERIENCE COACHELLA!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7FL8IWFxMU

Also the novelty of putting gigantic pieces of fruit/vegetables into a gigantic grinder is still very present two years later.

Quote Originally Posted by marooko View Post
    So you're cruising down the freeway in the left lane. You look in the rearview mirror and notice someone is coming up behind you moving faster than you are. You have an open lane to your right, help me understand why you refuse to move.
    So you're cruising down the freeway in the left lane. You look out the window ahead of you see someone in the same lane moving slow than you are. You have an open lane to your right, help me understand why you refuse to move.

The left lane is the passing lane
    Quote Originally Posted by roboto View Post
    And stinkbutt leaving a motorhead set when you know he's dying just to talk shit ? Your a shitty person as well .please let mja give you an anal love disease .

Quote Originally Posted by Sheldorrr View Post
    The same thing happened when I got my juicer. Anyone I talked to was like - if you put in more than one green apple you're just making something with as much sugar as concentrated orange juice. This made little to no sense to me as I was using just enough fruit to make the 90% leafy vegetable mix and carrots taste not like butthole.
    I have never in my life had people tell me with grave concern in their voice that I shouldn't be having a banana and a box of blueberries every day. But apparently, this amount of fruit in the nutribullet will ruin me.

left lane only for turning? wtf?
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

^ in case you want to befriend the median.

Quote Originally Posted by mountmccabe View Post
    So you're cruising down the freeway in the left lane. You look out the window ahead of you see someone in the same lane moving slow than you are. You have an open lane to your right, help me understand why you refuse to move.
    Because I'm driving in California.

see below

Quote Originally Posted by stinkbutt View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Miroir Noir View Post

If we're talking spirit and not letter of the law, I largely agree with you, and I am of two minds about this.

On the one hand, you get in these classic no-win situations where you have a right lane (or lanes) filled up with semi trucks, trailers, and assorted mini vans and senior citizens. You have a left hand lane (or lanes) filled with people trying to get wherever they're going, navigating around the slow traffic. In that situation, there is literally nothing more irritating than some jerkoff wanting to go 90 mph, trying to force you from an already busy left hand lane that's at the speed limit over into the morass of a slower, even busier right hand lane.

On the other hand, if there's not a lot of traffic, fuck the people who want to hang out in the left hand lane for no good goddamn reason at whatever leisurely speed they're going. Get over for faster traffic.

Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    I have never in my life had people tell me with grave concern in their voice that I shouldn't be having a banana and a box of blueberries every day. But apparently, this amount of fruit in the nutribullet will ruin me.
    Or at least leave you with type 2 diabetes. I will say this, it seems like when you venture to do more healthy things a lot of people will pick everything unhealthy about your new activity. I've lost a lot of weight over the past 3 years or so, and while I eat pretty healthy now - when I first started making changes I'd order a salad and people would say OMG that salad has croutons (or meat or something) on it and those are carbs which make you fat - LIKE THE WHOLE ORDERING A SALAD WAS NOW POINTLESS! Totally should've gotten the burger and fries instead bro..........totally should just eat a donut breakfast sandwich instead of putting some fruit in your nutribullet.

Quote Originally Posted by stinkbutt View Post
    It sounds to me like both cars are using the left lane for travel, not passing.

Because I'm driving in California.
    Must Move If Driving Slower Than Normal Traffic does not mean Must Move If Driving Slower Than One Car. It depends on what's in the right lane, too.

If there are a bunch of people behind you going faster than you, sure, you should move over. If the right lane is full of slower-moving vehicles (trucks, cars with trailers, whatever) then that figures into "normal traffic" too and there is no longer any need to get over.

Though specific state laws may be more detailed. And may even take speeding into account.

I have driven Arizona interstates a lot, often going right around 75 mph (the speed limit). If the right lane was fine I'd mostly stay there. But the right lane was often full of slower-moving trucks, campers, cars with trailers, etc. (This isn't even considering steep mountain grades) so it's easier to just stay in the left lane.

And when there'd be other cars going 85, 90, 100, whatever as often as not when I'd start to get over to the right (which I'd generally try to do) they'd do the same having decided I wasn't going to (because they saw me before I saw them) and then we do that ridiculous hallway dance, without the ability to stop and say "after you". That shit was still preferable to the ones that would drive right up on you and tailgate until you got over.

If you're driving significantly faster than "normal traffic" then it's on you to not cause problems.

left lane only for turning? wtf?
    From the article I pulled this from:
    The states indicated in green dictate that the left lane should be used exclusively for passing or turning left, though most of these limit enforcement to multi-lane highway.
    Essentially, those states say you are only supposed to be in the left hand lane to pass or turn left. The majority of jurisdictions handle it by requiring you to yield to the right for faster traffic, but otherwise do not limit your ability to drive in the left hand lane.
    Last edited by Miroir Noir; 03-26-2014 at 09:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Miroir Noir View Post
    If we're talking spirit and not letter of the law, I largely agree with you, and I am of two minds about this.

On the one hand, you get in these classic no-win situations where you have a right lane (or lanes) filled up with semi trucks, trailers, and assorted mini vans and senior citizens. You have a left hand lane (or lanes) filled with people trying to get wherever they're going, navigating around the slow traffic. In that situation, there is literally nothing more irritating than some jerkoff wanting to go 90 mph, trying to force you from an already busy left hand lane that's at the speed limit over into the morass of a slower, even busier right hand lane.

On the other hand, if there's not a lot of traffic, fuck the people who want to hang out in the left hand lane for no good goddamn reason at whatever leisurely speed they're going. Get over for faster traffic.
    I agree with this.

[Not sure if you were responding directly to my comment that I deleted/reworked because the thread when on without me].

Ha! Yes, that was what I was responding to.

I feel the way miroir does about it.

I drive about 70-80, general traffic speed but over the speed limit. I'd prefer to do 80, but that can't always be had safely. I get that and am not talking about these situations. If there's traffic I work with it as safely as I can. When it's you and me in the left lane and no one in the right, I want to run you off the road. I don't, though, I go around. then I get to work and talk about you on the internet.

The left lane should only be for passing or turning left, at least on the highway. Europeans are militant about it. Every time I have to pass on the right I feel soiled.
    Quote Originally Posted by juloxx View Post
    Your stupid

That's not a good argument though. There are lots of things Europeans like that are fucking ridiculous.

let's be more like Europeans, cause, you know....

Quote Originally Posted by JebusLives View Post
    The left lane should only be for passing or turning left, at least on the highway. Europeans are militant about it. Every time I have to pass on the right I feel soiled.
    That's not a good argument though. There are lots of things Europeans like that are fucking ridiculous.
    let's be more like Europeans, cause, you know....
    Correct me if I'm wrong, (Said it.) but, don't Europeans enjoy a day or two without bathing? Might explain how Jebus gets that soiled feeling when he passes on the right...
    Its like the Infinite Monkey Theorem, if you put X amount of monkeys in a room with a typewriter and ask them to give you Shakespeare 99% of them will fling their shit at you while the other 1% will masturbate in the corner.

They also have some really efficient and reasonable ideas. This and the metric system come to mind. Mitch is right, and it should be common sense when how to use the left lane to everyone's benefit. Sadly it is obviously not
    Quote Originally Posted by roboto View Post
    And stinkbutt leaving a motorhead set when you know he's dying just to talk shit ? Your a shitty person as well .please let mja give you an anal love disease .