Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: almost acoustic xmas speculations guesses

Default Re: almost acoustic xmas speculations guesses

Serj Tahkn goes without saying.

Quote Originally Posted by suprefan View Post
    Remember the rotating stage thing? Same thing. It has always been in the same venue(except 2 times) and its the same format.
    Thought so... but wow do some of those old line ups kicks ass.

Quote Originally Posted by woogie846 View Post
    Serj Tahkn goes without saying.
    Tankian* Sorry, not to be a douche. Just lettin ya know...
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.

Quote Originally Posted by rage patton View Post
    He deserves to have his name misspelled. That guys sucks.
    For your health

Thought so... but wow do some of those old line ups kicks ass.

But of course, expect anything less from the old KROQ times? I mean you wouldnt know, but us oldies do. I miss when it was broadcast on the radio commercial free, so if you wanted to, you could just spend your saturday and sunday night listening to the shows. I know now its webcast, but the radio broadcasts were better imo.

No that's ok, my bad.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyface View Post
    He deserves to have his name misspelled. That guys sucks.
    Serj Tankian is an incredible musician. Go listen to some SerArt. You may even like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.

Kroq had a street team survey and this question was posed:

The three bands I most want to see at the KROQ Almost Acoustic Christmas are:

Foo Fighters
    Linkin Park
    Incubus
    Muse
    Jimmy Eat World
    White Stripes
    Paramore
    Social Distortion
    Tool
    Serj Tankian
    Rise Against
    Plain White T's
    Eddie Vedder
    The Killers

I wouldn't be surprised if all of them made the line-up.

Quote Originally Posted by alexcuse View Post

Foo Fighters
    Linkin Park
    Incubus
    Muse
    Jimmy Eat World
    White Stripes
    Paramore
    Social Distortion
    Tool
    Serj Tankian
    Rise Against
    Plain White T's
    Eddie Vedder
    The Killers

Aside from Tool, The White Stripes, and Muse I want to take a nice hot shit on all of those bands.
    Quote Originally Posted by getbetter View Post
    Supre doesnt know since he's usually in the bathroom going away at the glory hole.Noms Nom nom noms oooooo i'm taking a picture of that beast....****snap*** back to yum yums nom nom noms

Foo Fighters
    Linkin Park
    Incubus
    Muse
    Jimmy Eat World
    White Stripes
    Paramore
    Social Distortion
    Tool
    Serj Tankian
    Rise Against
    Plain White T's
    Eddie Vedder
    The Killers

Tool is out of the question, why dont you check their touring schedule? White stripes are a big no no unless they make Meg ''sane''. Social D(yet again) would impose on the House of Blues residencies possibly. I really do not see Muse coming back here yet again to play Acoustic x mas, they are doing Vegoose, and I am sure they are done after their current run of shows. Foo Fighters repeating after last years double bill is not happening. Incubus again, last year repeat, nope.

Jimmy Eat World and Modest Mouse are locks, good enough for now?

Yeah, that's really terrible. Why not add ICP, a Sublime tribute band, and Hinder?

Tool would never play this, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by ThomThom View Post
    Aside from Tool, The White Stripes, and Muse I want to take a nice hot shit on all of those bands.
    A nice mean shit would be better.

I really fucking hope the White Stripes play then play a show in San Diego.
    The White Stripes 9/18

KROQ should just make the Poo Fighters their house band, they can close out every one of their seasonal music fests. They fucking do it anyways, might as well make it official.
    Supre doesnt know since he's usually in the bathroom going away at the glory hole.Noms Nom nom noms oooooo i'm taking a picture of that beast....****snap*** back to yum yums nom nom noms

Quote Originally Posted by kingsblend420 View Post
    A nice mean shit would be better.
    Maybe it can be mean and hot...what do you think?

Linkin Park? People still listen to them? Don't they know by now that it's wrong?

I'll tell you what's wrong Boourns, the fact that I just found an email with a presale to Johnathan Davis (of Korn) @ The Orpheum...How did he become a solo artist, seriously?

Ewww, gross. And why is he playing the Orpheum? He should be at one of those places on Sunset, with all the other embarrassing metal bands and washed-up pop and rock stars of yesteryear.

Quote Originally Posted by Boourns View Post
    Linkin Park? People still listen to them? Don't they know by now that it's wrong?
    Nope, did you see their first week sales of their newest cd? up until Kanye came along it was the higest one week sales of the year.(they sold over 600k)

Foo Fighters
    Linkin Park
    Incubus
    Muse
    Jimmy Eat World
    White Stripes
    Paramore
    Social Distortion
    Tool
    Serj Tankian
    Rise Against
    Plain White T's
    Eddie Vedder
    The Killers

Wow, that list is like, not only did you get coal for Christmas but your parents used the coal-filled stocking to beat the shit out of you.
    Quote Originally Posted by thelastgreatman
    Lingo, shut the fuck up. You look like a goddamn cancer patient and your analogy is idiotic. Also, The Black Keys are unlistenable garbage, you unbelievable fucking dork.

1/18 Volcano Choir - The Fonda
    1/22 Vampire Weekend - USC
    2/14 Spiritualized - Ace Hotel
    3/8 Mark Kozelek - First Unitarian Church
    3/18 Kraftwerk - Walt Disney Concert Hall
    3/19 Kraftwerk - Walt Disney Concert Hall

www.facebook.com/mlingo

http://www.last.fm/group/Coachella+Forum

Tool is out of the question, why dont you check their touring schedule?
    I would bet that until this month KROQ and Tool's record label were engaging in strong and very favorable negotiatons about Tool headlining. Which wooud explain why KROQ overplayed The Pot for most of the year (#5 in airplay YTD, #35 in rest of country) and then inexplicably drop it from the playlist as soon as Tool announces their Nokia tour date. But who kows, Tool could still be on for Sunday night.

White stripes are a big no no unless they make Meg ''sane''.
    The sudden spike in airplay for Icky Thump the last two months--after it's should have peaked earlier in the summer had it followed the normal radio song cycle--makes it very likely for this to be their comeback LA appearance, possibly even a headlining Saturday slot.

I would bet that until this month KROQ and Tool's record label were engaging in strong and very favorable negotiatons about Tool headlining. Which wooud explain why KROQ overplayed The Pot for most of the year (#5 in airplay YTD, #35 in rest of country) and then inexplicably drop it from the playlist as soon as Tool announces their Nokia tour date. But who kows, Tool could still be on for Sunday night.

The sudden spike in airplay for Icky Thump the last two months--after it's should have peaked earlier in the summer had it followed the normal radio song cycle--makes it very likely for this to be their comeback LA appearance, possibly even a headlining Saturday slot.

Somebody comes in to try and break the logictics on this? Yeah, wow you mustve been lurking for a while and or work for KROQ to try and keep interest. Tool isnt going to fly in from Idaho with production in tow ready to be set up for Acoustic X Mas, its not their style. Also you forget the ''mellow'' night has always been Sunday since they started this format in 2003. Sure KROQ bends over backwards to get the acts to play, but come on, switch it up that much? Radioplay doesnt mean s**t anyway in regards to who KROQ puts on the line ups, they ''suddenly'' stop playing their music? Yeah, lots of research went into your posting right. Dont forget Tool was originally going to perform in L.A. on Halloween, then whatever happend on the booking end of it moved it all to December, thats the only reason its even up there to begin with. White Stripes stay in hiding unless they get a ton of money and feel that its worth it. They have no commitments to adhere to as it is. I doubt the label is going to pressure them into playing knowing full well that it would put 2008 plans in jepeordy. If they play, fine, if not, fine. But I wont hold my breathe if they dont, or complain either. Those surveys just happen to get feel of what people will expect. Some of those acts will be there, the big big names, wont though.(Linkin Park did Weenie and they headlined, whats the point of headlining again) I dont see them blidnsiding the entire audience when they announce like in 2005 when Coldplay was on it. They have nobody of that caliber around to shock and suprise, except Rage Against The Machine, who would alone raise the ticket price $20 just with their name on the bill to get them to play. I'll say it now, Rage is on it, but if they arent, KROQ has a lot of searching to do for a solid line up this year.

eeeeeeeeew

Quote Originally Posted by Boourns View Post
    Why not add...a Sublime tribute band
    Oh, you mean Badfish!!!

(Sorry, I just watched a "Comedians Of Comedy" special where Eugine Merman spends 5 minutes making fun of the band OPENING for Badfish. That guy's a genius.)
    The Tinychat password is coache11a

Quote Originally Posted by Shiloka View Post
    Share the art bus to enhance the festival... can be used as stage for band ...
    I can also come early and help set up ...
    How can you say no to this offer, Goldenvoice?

no one has really made a speculation on a date yet. is it the 8th and 9th or 14th and 15th? im pretty sure tool would make arrangements for the trek out here on either of those weekends.

I believe it's the 8th and 9th...I wouldn't hold my breath for TOOL, worst part is if they do actually play Acoustic Xmas it would be on the shitty night with all the emo bands.

I think that survey was to determine the top headliners. I'd be surprised if they all made the line-up -- it'd be too heavy to determine who's going to be the "top" performers. And I'm guessing the prices would be fucking expensive.

As for my predictions: Foo Fighters, Modest Mouse, Jimmy Eat World, Linkin Park, Dave Gahan, Paramore, Silversun Pickups.

The only wild card KROQ can pull to make their show "unbelievably awesome" is Radiohead. Oh, and Morrissey... that'd be the closest thing to a Smiths "reunion".

They need to move the venue, like they did with Inland Invasion, to a bigger one because for once I'd like to be able to get a ticket to attend. (I would've thought they'd be for the idea since it's for a charity.)
    Last edited by eudaemonia; 11-06-2007 at 01:37 PM.

They will never moved it from Gibson, its moved a few times due to booking issues. Cross the Foo Fighters off the list, they played 2 nights last year and did Inland already. Modest Mouse is a lock, JEW is also, Paramore too. Did you just look at the Live 105 line up and pull some stuff out of you butt or what? SSPU is likely, Spoon too. My wild card is Tori Amos on the ''indie'' night. she was booked to play at the Nokia theatre that weekend and now it got moved to the 16th, coincidence? I think not. LP headlined Weenie roast and there really isnt a major need to get em again. Add Rise Against And The Used to the list for ''rock'' night bands, they are doing x mas shows and likely will do Acoustic x mas. When 91x in San Diego announces there list, you will get some more bands.

Kroq has no reason to move it to a bigger venue. They moved it to Anaheim Pond one year and to Angel's Stadium one year and I don't think it sold out those years.

They benefit by it selling out and then getting people to listen non-stop as they try and win tickets.

Angels Stadium sold out actually, The Pond one did also. Ok now looking at Wikipedia, they might be moving venues. ''Rumors'' say it will be at the Nokia Theatre now, hmmmmm. That would explain why Tori got moved to the next week. Guess KROQ wants to be in cahoots with AEG/GV and not Live Nation anymore. It is slightly bigger than Gibson so that works. Also that huge stage could do lots of things for them.

Did you just look at the Live 105 line up and pull some stuff out of you butt or what? SSPU is likely, Spoon too.
    So what if I did? Geez how about you kill that bug that's up your butt? I'm doing the same thing as most people are, looking at KROQ's playlist/site and other radio stations' holiday shows up the west coast. I didn't know it was supposed to be fucking rocket science.

I would've guessed Tori Amos too, but they rarely (if ever) play her songs anymore. Spoon? Spoon play both Indie's show and KROQ's show? That would be a first.
    Last edited by eudaemonia; 11-06-2007 at 02:33 PM.