Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The greatest sacrifice ever made for a girlfriend ever totally paid off

Default The greatest sacrifice ever made for a girlfriend ever totally paid off

My girlfriend just got tickets for us to go and see The Verve on December 13th!!!!!!

<3
    "The first time I heard the new single off the Bravery album, I actually cried, and I do not even remember the name of that damn song. It reminded me of this girl I am in love with." - kroqken

Default Re: The greatest sacrifice ever made for a girlfriend ever totally paid off

Can't always live with us and can't live without us...Ain't love grand?

Judgy McMarco TeamCoachellaHellYeah's Avatar

Default Re: The greatest sacrifice ever made for a girlfriend ever totally paid off

Ah ha! You see? One good turn...
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Reviewers who note the size of the crowd are dumb fucks.
    COACHELLA's: 2001. 2002. 2003. 2004. 2005. 2006. 2007. 2008. 2009. 2010. 2011. 2012. 2013. 2014. 2015.

Fuck you Stef. FUCK YOU!!!!!!!!

Here I was hoping stef would send us photos of he and his lady friend getting it on. I was bracing for a bright white body wearing nothing but a big thick scarf around his neck in the diaper position.
    Quote Originally Posted by ByTheWay, View Post
    If anyone raped or molested my wife or child i'd off them myself so I guess it doesn't matter. If you don't feel those type of emotions in that situation then that is you and in my opinion makes you a twisted person from a twisted state (UTAH) if that is where your from!

Wouldn't that go in the out-yablo yablo thread?
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Wouldn't that go in the out-yablo yablo thread?
    I think stef has set a higher (or lower depending on your point of view) bar than yablo. Why am I referring to myself in the third person?
    If anyone raped or molested my wife or child i'd off them myself so I guess it doesn't matter. If you don't feel those type of emotions in that situation then that is you and in my opinion makes you a twisted person from a twisted state (UTAH) if that is where your from!

Awesome. Jealous. Have fun. And please report back.

You are one lucky mofo, where are your seats? Or are they standing?

Stef, you have officially become the person that I now live my life vicariously through. Please continue the good work.

Uh, Stef...move your thumb off those tickets...

GAWDDAMNIT!

(I tried SO hard to find a scan of a Verve Pipe ticket stub, but who would save something like that?)

Quote Originally Posted by suprefan View Post
    You are one lucky mofo, where are your seats? Or are they standing?
    Standing! I am SO gonna be pushing my way to the front.

Also, Yablo, if you want photos of me naked, you're gonna have to take them yourself.
    "The first time I heard the new single off the Bravery album, I actually cried, and I do not even remember the name of that damn song. It reminded me of this girl I am in love with." - kroqken

The Verve Pipe?

Anyway, that is awesome that you are going to see The Verve. Woah!
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    I try to be politically pc more than most here: As a dude, anyone who could put a shark up a gals pc body, is pretty creepy, different and interesting. Just saying big time ..... cr****

Sorry, I dont really know much about the Verve. Would people care to educate me?

Did the Verve ever break up? If so, is this their first reunion tour/show?
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatinisbad View Post
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.

Quote Originally Posted by rage patton View Post
    Sorry, I dont really know much about the Verve. Would people care to educate me?

Yes they broke up, and yes this is their first reunion tour.

To start with, you should listen to the following songs:

History
    The Drugs Don't Work
    This Is Music
    Slide Away
    Lucky Man
    Bittersweet Symphony
    On Your Own

If you like those, I'll recommend some more.

Quote Originally Posted by rage patton View Post

Yes, all that is true. The guitarist isn't in the reunion though, because he is in The Good, The Bad & The Queen.
    I try to be politically pc more than most here: As a dude, anyone who could put a shark up a gals pc body, is pretty creepy, different and interesting. Just saying big time ..... cr****

Quote Originally Posted by Stefinitely Maybe View Post
    Yes they broke up, and yes this is their first reunion tour.

To start with, you should listen to the following songs:

History
    The Drugs Don't Work
    This Is Music
    Slide Away
    Lucky Man
    Bittersweet Symphony
    On Your Own

If you like those, I'll recommend some more.
    I will honestly say Bittersweet Symphony is the only Verve song I know. And I quite like it. Lucky Man rings a bell too... but I cant tell you for certain I have heard it. I was thinking of picking up their album with Bittersweet Symphony on it, im guessing its a good choice?

Quote Originally Posted by Alchemy View Post
    Yes, all that is true. The guitarist isn't in the reunion though, because he is in The Good, The Bad & The Queen.
    I hope TGTBATQ take a break. Not because their music was bad... mainly because I really want another Gorillaz album.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatinisbad View Post
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.

i think i am right about this, but for the brits, isnt the verve right up there with very few bands , meaning arent they huge across that pond? ...J$$$ or teamcoachella, didnt the verve play at the blue bird or the gothic a few years ago ? god i need a brain ..... canx**
    Have Another Hit Of Colorado Sunshine

i believe them and oasis were battling back in the day for supremecy.

Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    i believe them and oasis were battling back in the day for supremecy.
    The Verve?

I don't remember ever seeing The Verve as high up as the rest. But then again, I was never over there in the 90s. Or the 00s for that matter...

What I do know for sure though, is that Blur battled out Oasis for supremacy.

Quote Originally Posted by Alchemy View Post
    The Verve?

I don't remember ever seeing The Verve as high up as the rest. But then again, I was never over there in the 90s. Or the 00s for that matter...

What I do know for sure though, is that Blur battled out Oasis for supremacy.
    You need just half a brain to realize how much better Blur is than Oasis. That's all that's required.

You're gonna give Andrew an aneurysm.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

Quote Originally Posted by Yablonowitz View Post
    You need just half a brain to realize how much better Blur is than Oasis. That's all that's required.
    This is true.

Banned

What's the verve pipes?

E

Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    You shouldn't feel uncool for not going to EDC, you should feel uncool because you are uncool.

Quote Originally Posted by Stefinitely Maybe View Post
    My girlfriend just got tickets for us to go and see The Verve on December 13th!!!!!!

<3
    wait you have a gf??? what happened to the chick you met and walked home....youre worst to keep up with than me
    Quote Originally Posted by Hannahrain View Post
    Your lady's also in for drugs, right? Corinna's guy is in for murder and mine's in for a spree of home invasions. I think you're probably good.

Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    I'm pretty sure Ronnie painted that on her, with his dick.

Quote Originally Posted by caco0283 View Post
    wait you have a gf??? what happened to the chick you met and walked home....youre worst to keep up with than me
    She invited me to go to the coast with her one weekend, and I was busy and I turned her down, and I think she took it really personally. Plus she was a bit TOO kooky for my liking, and she had really, really awful taste in music. Nuff said.

Anyhow, you guys are right that the Verve were once considered to be contenders for the indie-Britrock crown and were practically on the same footing as Oasis, but there is no way that the two bands would ever have "battled for supremacy", because Noel and Richard Ashcroft are good friends, and have nothing but respect for each other.

-The handclaps on "History" by the Verve are by Noel Gallagher
    -The Oasis song "Cast No Shadow" is dedicated to Richard Ashcroft
    -Oasis and The Verve played together several times in the 90s
    -Noel often invites Richard Ashcroft to support Oasis

It's only when "What's The Story..." came out and that whole Oasis-Blur media circus happened that Oasis overtook the Verve in the popularity stakes, and then the Verve split up pretty soon after that.

Also, I am probably one of the few Oasis fans who thinks Blur are equally as great. I saw Blur live years ago in a small venue and Damon stagedived right onto my head and it was awesome. That whole Oasis v Blur thing is so passe, anyway. After we supported Noel in Moscow, I told him honestly that Oasis, along with Blur, had been two of my favourite bands of all time, and he said "That's cool, Blur are a great band, they're just not my cup of tea".

Stef - Can I please see the picture of you and Regina Spektor's breasts again? Just because - I love you - but you get around like my lighter at a party.

And that's not because you're easy - it's more a testament to the fact that I lose lighters.

!!!!!!!

Dammit I wish I knew the context for that photo. Also whoever said earlier that they were living their life vicariously through Stef: I'm totally joining the club.