Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 31

Thread: Help me fix my wireless connection

  1. #1
    Coachella Junkie bballarl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    14,937

    Default Help me fix my wireless connection

    The last time I asked for help, I was able to fix my "Driver IRQL Not less equal" thing because of the Coachella board. Now it is time to fix my wireless internet.

    Problem: I have signal, but cannot connect to the internet.

    Yes, it is vague. But I'm not good at this shit.

  2. #2
    Old Gay Guy gaypalmsprings's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Palm Springs, CA
    Posts
    20,732

    Default Re: Help me fix my wireless connection

    how did u post this message if u dont have the internets?
    Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    You shouldn't feel uncool for not going to EDC, you should feel uncool because you are uncool.

  3. #3
    Endearingly Dislikable RotationSlimWang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    11,892

    Default Re: Help me fix my wireless connection

    What kind of router is it?
    Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    Hannah, I don't know that pigs have big weiners, and my early 20's facination with dogs because of weiner size, I think. If that helps.

  4. #4
    Dark Lord mountmccabe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    The Mission
    Posts
    11,973

    Default Re: Help me fix my wireless connection

    Quote Originally Posted by gaypalmsprings View Post
    how did u post this message if u dont have the internets?
    He lacks wireless connectivity
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulDischarge View Post
    See how wrong you are, Tommy? Randy is agreeing with you.

  5. #5
    Old Gay Guy gaypalmsprings's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Palm Springs, CA
    Posts
    20,732

    Default Re: Help me fix my wireless connection

    oh, he suffers from connectile dysfunction
    Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    You shouldn't feel uncool for not going to EDC, you should feel uncool because you are uncool.

  6. #6
    Dark Lord mountmccabe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    The Mission
    Posts
    11,973

    Default Re: Help me fix my wireless connection

    wireless connectile dysfunction
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulDischarge View Post
    See how wrong you are, Tommy? Randy is agreeing with you.

  7. #7
    Endearingly Dislikable RotationSlimWang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    11,892

    Default Re: Help me fix my wireless connection

    You have fifteen minutes to get helped by me if you want it.
    Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    Hannah, I don't know that pigs have big weiners, and my early 20's facination with dogs because of weiner size, I think. If that helps.

  8. #8
    Coachella Junkie bballarl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    14,937

    Default Re: Help me fix my wireless connection

    The router is Belkin.

  9. #9
    Coachella Junkie bballarl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    14,937

    Default Re: Help me fix my wireless connection

    PS I just tried the unplug-everything-wait-then-plug-back-in technique. Still no dice.

  10. #10
    Endearingly Dislikable RotationSlimWang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    11,892

    Default Re: Help me fix my wireless connection

    IM me, this is too slow.
    Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    Hannah, I don't know that pigs have big weiners, and my early 20's facination with dogs because of weiner size, I think. If that helps.

  11. #11
    Coachella Junkie bballarl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    14,937

    Default Re: Help me fix my wireless connection

    What's your sn

  12. #12
    Endearingly Dislikable RotationSlimWang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    11,892

    Default Re: Help me fix my wireless connection

    PMed you my screenname. Hurry.
    Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    Hannah, I don't know that pigs have big weiners, and my early 20's facination with dogs because of weiner size, I think. If that helps.

  13. #13
    Old Gay Guy gaypalmsprings's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Palm Springs, CA
    Posts
    20,732

    Default Re: Help me fix my wireless connection

    i have netgear
    Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    You shouldn't feel uncool for not going to EDC, you should feel uncool because you are uncool.

  14. #14

    Default Re: Help me fix my wireless connection

    Quote Originally Posted by gaypalmsprings View Post
    i have netgear
    How well does your gear work on the net? Mine is ineffective.

  15. #15
    Old Gay Guy gaypalmsprings's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Palm Springs, CA
    Posts
    20,732

    Default Re: Help me fix my wireless connection

    mine works well, except for fast streaming, like live broadcasts
    Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    You shouldn't feel uncool for not going to EDC, you should feel uncool because you are uncool.

  16. #16

    Default Re: Help me fix my wireless connection

    Quote Originally Posted by gaypalmsprings View Post
    mine works well, except for fast streaming, like live broadcasts
    Well, yeah mine works well like that too, but when I try to make multiple connections at once usually the other connections get mad. Plus my gear doesn't really allow my streams to reach their full potential when transmitting over the internet. But it works well for LAN connections.

  17. #17
    Endearingly Dislikable RotationSlimWang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    11,892

    Default Re: Help me fix my wireless connection

    He disappeared. Anyone know his phone number?
    Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    Hannah, I don't know that pigs have big weiners, and my early 20's facination with dogs because of weiner size, I think. If that helps.

  18. #18
    Cobra psychic friend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    valley girl
    Posts
    9,314

    Default Re: Help me fix my wireless connection

    i do but i wouldnt give it to you unless he told me it was ok
    .................................................. ..............
    She added the phrase "meany head" to my profile.
    I hardly think I'm an attention whore.
    I train birds of prey and am I licensed falconer

  19. #19
    Endearingly Dislikable RotationSlimWang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    11,892

    Default Re: Help me fix my wireless connection

    Well, here's a message for you if you come back, balla:

    Right before you unplugged your modem I thought I read you say that you had plugged your modem directly into your computer possibly? Well if you plug a modem into a new device (i.e. took it out of your router and plugged directly into your comp) you have to do something called reset the MAC address, which involves leaving the modem unplugged for about 10 minutes (a couple usually does it, but do ten just to be safe). Then make sure the ethernet cable is plugged into the router (but the router's power cord is unplugged) and plug your modem back in. Like I said, wait for all the lights to come on. Then plug router back in.

    If that still doesn't work, there should be a reset button on the back of your Belkin. Depress that once. If there's no improvement, depress and hold it in for fifteen seconds, that will reset the router back to factory settings.

    and if THAT doesn't work, you have to call your cable provider and have them reboot the modem from their end. They'll make you answer a lot of questions, just keep telling them that you've had this problem before and the other customer service rep just rebooted the modem and it fixed everything. They'll keep asking questions--don't be afraid to repeat that this has happened several times before and every time them rebooting the modem from their end worked. They're a pain in the ass about putting you through their steps.

    Anyways, I'm out. Sorry if you shit got fucked up more so after I tried to help, dude.
    Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    Hannah, I don't know that pigs have big weiners, and my early 20's facination with dogs because of weiner size, I think. If that helps.

  20. #20
    Endearingly Dislikable RotationSlimWang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    11,892

    Default Re: Help me fix my wireless connection

    Quote Originally Posted by psychic friend View Post
    i do but i wouldnt give it to you unless he told me it was ok
    Right, I didn't think of that. I gave him mine right before he unplugged his modem per my instructions but I don't think he hung onto it. Oh well. If he pops back, those are his options. 9 out of 10 times he'll have to call the cable provider. Losing DNS is bullshit.
    Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    Hannah, I don't know that pigs have big weiners, and my early 20's facination with dogs because of weiner size, I think. If that helps.

  21. #21
    Rover canexplain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Aurora Colorado
    Posts
    15,035

    Default Re: Help me fix my wireless connection

    Quote Originally Posted by psychic friend View Post
    i do but i wouldnt give it to you unless he told me it was ok
    you have people's phone numbers yikes .... canx**
    Have Another Hit Of Colorado Sunshine

  22. #22
    Endearingly Dislikable RotationSlimWang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    11,892

    Default Re: Help me fix my wireless connection

    They're friends in real life, Ron. PF isn't that much of a demi-god.
    Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    Hannah, I don't know that pigs have big weiners, and my early 20's facination with dogs because of weiner size, I think. If that helps.

  23. #23
    Coachella Junkie dorkfish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    12,280

    Default Re: Help me fix my wireless connection

    start.
    run.
    cmd.
    ipconfig /release
    ipconfig /renew
    ipconfig /all
    DNS servers should have a couple of IPs from your ISP otherwise you're not currently receiving any information from your ISP to modem to your router.
    In that case, unplug the modem's power, wait 30 seconds, plug it back in. make sure that it's receiving up and down stream (woo lights).
    ipconfig /release
    ipconfig /renew
    No dice?
    ipconfig /all
    Take what ever IP you're given for your gateway and go to IE or firefox and go to that IP: http://111.111.111.111 (Whereas the numbers are your gateway IP.)
    Log into the router... Reset your DHCP from within the router's control panel...
    blah blah blah...typing tech stuff is hideously boring....blah
    *based upon tedious fact checking.

  24. #24
    Coachella Junkie bballarl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    14,937

    Default Re: Help me fix my wireless connection

    I will try this when I get home. If this works, you rule. And Randy, thanks for your help, but the internet died and then I had to go to class. So yeah. I will try your stuff too. I really appreciate the help.

  25. #25
    I <3 Fall Out boy Yablonowitz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    In a House
    Posts
    5,880

    Default Re: Help me fix my wireless connection

    Quote Originally Posted by bballarl View Post
    I will try this when I get home. If this works, you rule. And Randy, thanks for your help, but the internet died and then I had to go to class. So yeah. I will try your stuff too. I really appreciate the help.
    These guys probably said that stuff, but when it happened to me, I had to reset my router and then reconfigure my router with my modem through an ethernet connection. It caused me much stress and ended up being a simple fix. I fucking hate networking.

    Don't even get me started on port forwarding and stupid ass Qwest modems.
    Quote Originally Posted by ByTheWay, View Post
    If anyone raped or molested my wife or child i'd off them myself so I guess it doesn't matter. If you don't feel those type of emotions in that situation then that is you and in my opinion makes you a twisted person from a twisted state (UTAH) if that is where your from!

  26. #26

    Default Re: Help me fix my wireless connection

    has your router worked before?
    or is this the first time trying to connect?
    either way either your router config is messed up
    (in which case you will need to connect to it using an ethernet cable >open your browser > connect to your router through its ip address > change your settings )
    or your wireless settings on your computer might be messed up
    (in which case you would double click on the wireless icon > advance settings > wireless networks > select your preferred network > properties)

  27. #27
    Endearingly Dislikable RotationSlimWang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    11,892

    Default Re: Help me fix my wireless connection

    His wireless settings are automatic detect, and I had him reset the router back to factory defaults. It's not the router anymore--his modem isn't getting DNS through, he hits his router fine. I pretty much guarantee the cable company needs to reboot the modem from their end.
    Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    Hannah, I don't know that pigs have big weiners, and my early 20's facination with dogs because of weiner size, I think. If that helps.

  28. #28
    Oh Baby! Jenniehoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    2,580

    Default Re: Help me fix my wireless connection

    Hey - connection helper IT people - not to jack Andrew's help, but if my Local Network is "Connected" under "Network Connections" - why can do I still get a 404 message on my browser (both browsers)?

    I emptied all the caches for the browser, released and renewed my IP Address in CMD prompt, disabled and re-enabled the connection, and have no firewalls in place. What's the dilly? Any suggestions?

  29. #29
    Oh Baby! Jenniehoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    2,580

    Default Re: Help me fix my wireless connection

    Take what ever IP you're given for your gateway and go to IE or firefox and go to that IP: http://111.111.111.111 (Whereas the numbers are your gateway IP.)
    I'll try this.

  30. #30
    Endearingly Dislikable RotationSlimWang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    11,892

    Default Re: Help me fix my wireless connection

    Could use more particulars. Would you permit some IM questions? Or would you like to handle it, Brad?
    Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    Hannah, I don't know that pigs have big weiners, and my early 20's facination with dogs because of weiner size, I think. If that helps.

Similar Threads

  1. WIRELESS INTERNET INSIDE VENUE
    By Ocanada in forum Questions
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-27-2007, 11:45 PM
  2. sprint wireless?
    By circles in forum Music Lounge
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 07-22-2007, 05:11 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •