Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Update

Default Update

Please.

Anyone care to fill me in, old fashion style (that's without lube), on what I need to know in the world of the coachella board in the past month or two? Any threads I need to read? And if I don't know who you are, I probably won't pay attention to you.
    Hunting has been part of our society since the first Europeans came over and shot buffalo and Native Americans and whatnot.
    ---
    The Dive Poets

Default Re: Update

hi Jeff!

click on Rotation Slim Wang

and then click on

"Read more posts by Rotation Slim Wang"
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

Tom, as usually, gives awful advice. Though I suppose it depends on what sort of Coachella Board experience you're after.

Let me think about this for a second and then see up with what what I can come.
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulDischarge View Post
    See how wrong you are, Tommy? Randy is agreeing with you.

Endearingly Dislikable RotationSlimWang's Avatar

If you take Tom's advice, York, next find all posts by him and see how many of them are about me. He may wish he was Yablo, but he sure as fuck can't shut up about me.

You know, 'cause he's mature. Grown man and all, professional job, kids. Spends half his posts taking shots at me. Mature.
    Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    Hannah, I don't know that pigs have big weiners, and my early 20's facination with dogs because of weiner size, I think. If that helps.

• A lot of people saw Okkervil River.
    • Much of the same people argued as to which was better, The Stage Names or Challengers.
    • Greg went to Boston for vacation but came home too soon. Tom went to Europe for vacation but brought his family instead of some of us.
    • Numerous people shifted around for school attending purposes.
    • Also not related to school Kristen moved from Florida to LA but didn't make any stops on her Cross-Country drive. There is also a (dormant?) fan club for her circa 1999.
    • Some people saw some movies.
    • Stef sold off a bunch of records/CDs and has gone on numerous trips.
    • Amy gave away a bunch of postcards and other memorbilia. And now is selling 7" and other records, I think.
    • Some people went to ACL and talked about it.
    • Furthermore many people have gone to other shows and posted about those.
    • The Lounge split in twain. There are still a lot of non-music threads in the Music Lounge.
    • The Onsite Camping Alone Club thread continues unabated.
    • I got Pot's shoes and wore them places including finally, Symphony Hall to see the Phoenix Symphony Orchestra with my father ("those are some serious shoes") and brother-in-law but now they're gone.
    • There's been a lot of talk about football. Gabe likes the Broncos, Michigan looked horrible the first week weeks of the college season, etc.
    • There've been plenty of birthdays. And plenty of people reaching various milestones for post counts.
    • We talked about Flour vs Corn for tortillas and also Indian food came up again.
    • mob almost died.

Mob almost died?

Also, I offered to wear those shoes naked in public. Fucking bullshit, man.
    Hannah, I don't know that pigs have big weiners, and my early 20's facination with dogs because of weiner size, I think. If that helps.

There are still a lot of non-music threads in the Music Lounge.
    When they get bumped to the first page and I notice I move them. I'm not going back through the tons of old pages to find them though. I did like the first 10 pages I think.

xxoo
    .................................................. ..............
    She added the phrase "meany head" to my profile.
    I hardly think I'm an attention whore.
    I train birds of prey and am I licensed falconer

Quote Originally Posted by psychic friend View Post
    When they get bumped to the first page and I notice I move them. I'm not going back through the tons of old pages to find them though. I did like the first 10 pages I think.

xxoo
    I'll go bump all of them if you give me a smooch.

thats not even slightly tempting
    .................................................. ..............
    She added the phrase "meany head" to my profile.
    I hardly think I'm an attention whore.
    I train birds of prey and am I licensed falconer

that was an awesome overview. didn't delta wander the desert alone?
    At some point in time a man switches from "I'll have what he's having" to "I'll have what I'm having."

That was included as information to help Jeff navigate, not a criticism.

Also it'd been my plan to include links to all the threads referenced but then I realized that that would take forever and didn't even start that part.

Kinda lose-lose, huh?

What if I told you I could get you in a room with Patrick Duffy? Is that something you might be interested in?

I got connectz.

Oh, and the LOLrus got his bucket back, but it was full of death.

Thanks John -- I wish I had been in on the flour vs. corn tortilla debate...

Please elaborate on Mob's near death.

Awesome about the shoes. Were those the silver ones I saw in some picture a while ago?

I prefer The Stage Names over Challengers, but I think I said so in that thread.

Why did the threads get split in twain?

My Football dichotomy: St. Louis Rams 0-3; Missouri Tigers 4-0

Did Tom or Yablo post pictures from their trips?
    Hunting has been part of our society since the first Europeans came over and shot buffalo and Native Americans and whatnot.
    ---
    The Dive Poets

Yes, those were the gold and silver shoes. You probably saw most of that thread; I was updating on the current status. Which wasn't entirely known.

Both Tom and Yablo started threads and posted pictures.

I forgot to mention that people went to Bumbershoot and also Treasure Island Festival and Monolith and other festivals.

And Nothingman and C Dub Ya posted baby pictures. Some others followed suit but they used those same threads.

The Lounge got split because we're a higher traffic board now.

There are many popular music threads such as the What Are You Listening To Right Now one and the Upcoming Shows (which was the 13th thread ever!) one that are bumped all the time and overwhelm everything. Now non-music discussion can be given time to develop and flower.

And the Upcoming Shows thread is facing more competition than ever from various individual tour/show threads and various people that refuse to leave their reviews in that thread such as newbies, Andrew and now me.

I am rather proud of my shows thread as it started with an appropriately mind blowing gig that has made me rethink gigs and also my not explicitly mentioning who the band was during the review was was a subtle argument for divested vertical integration of show threads but that has yet to be remarked upon.

Quote Originally Posted by dontfeedthebird View Post
    that was an awesome overview. didn't delta wander the desert alone?
    Yes and apparently his car broke down coming here from ACL. We all say it was Karma for him scalping Hollywood Bowl tickets.

Served

- Gabe saw Margot & the Nuclear So and So's at Monolith and is now head of their street team.

Quote Originally Posted by ewiggy View Post
    - Gabe saw Margot & the Nuclear So and So's at Monolith and is now head of their street team.
    Why am I not believing this?
    ---
    The Dive Poets

jack, randy, marooko, j$$!:;!$, ronnie, algunz, I and others argued to no resolve the arrest and tazing of one andrew meyer. unsurprisingly, jack, randy and marooko all used some form of "you're stupid" in the thread

Quote Originally Posted by york707 View Post
    Why am I not believing this?
    gabe is a softy for singer-songwriters and acoustic-guitar-driven songs about unrequited love.

Randy's having another bad day.

Quote Originally Posted by Tylerdurden31 View Post
    jack, randy, marooko, j$$!:;!$, ronnie, algunz, I and others argued to no resolve the arrest and tazing of one andrew meyer. unsurprisingly, jack, randy and marooko all used some form of "you're stupid" in the thread
    I imagine I would have agreed with Jack, not having seen any of this argument.
    ---
    The Dive Poets

some attention-seeking political dumb fuck kid thought he would be glorified if he make a big demonstration of resisting the cops after being an asshole at the microphone at a John Kerry speech. eventually 6 cops were on him and he was still wriggling around and resisting being subdued so they tazed him. The debate basically broke down as:

- The guy was a hero and shouldn't have even been asked to leave the mic, and the fact that the cops were all over him shows that we live in a police state.

- the guy was an asshole and all, but the cops probably over-reacted by tazing him

- the guy was an asshole and the cops followed SOP and so tazing him was OK.

Jack supported #3. Some people hoping to relive the 60s supported #1. Everyone else was somewhere around #2 I think.
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

My critical thinking skills raise a red flag whilst reading your explanation of events.

Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    some attention-seeking political dumb fuck kid thought he would be glorified if he make a big demonstration of resisting the cops after being an asshole at the microphone at a John Kerry speech. eventually 6 cops were on him and he was still wriggling around and resisting being subdued so they tazed him. The debate basically broke down as:

- The guy was a hero and shouldn't have even been asked to leave the mic, and the fact that the cops were all over him shows that we live in a police state.

- the guy was an asshole and all, but the cops probably over-reacted by tazing him

Jack supported #3. Some people hoping to relive the 60s supported #1. Everyone else was somewhere around #2 I think.
    Us living in the past folk, didn't think he was a hero. But I REALLY don't want to get back in to that. Yea, I am the one who always tries to have the last word. Sorry, I'm getting better.

This happened while I was in Boston, where is the thread so that I can read it in it's entirety?

My uninvited opinion is that if the cops had just stopped and listened to Kerry say that he would answer his question, it likely wouldn't have gone to the theatrics it did. Because...honestly...I would have LOVED to hear how Kerry answered those wacky questions. I felt cheated that he didn't get a chance to answer them.

The dude was a publicity stunt hound, so it may have led to the point where he needed to be arrested but in no case is tasering even remotely sensible to me. If four security cops can't put handcuffs on a wiggly college student, the university needs to improve their training.

Also, my idea of when he crosses the line to arrest mode is probably much different than Herr Jackstraw.
    Quote Originally Posted by ByTheWay, View Post
    If anyone raped or molested my wife or child i'd off them myself so I guess it doesn't matter. If you don't feel those type of emotions in that situation then that is you and in my opinion makes you a twisted person from a twisted state (UTAH) if that is where your from!

Quote Originally Posted by full on idle View Post
    My critical thinking skills raise a red flag whilst reading your explanation of events.
    what, you don't think "attention-seeking political dumb fuck kid" is a fair accurate and unbiased representation?

what, you don't think "attention-seeking political dumb fuck kid" is a fair accurate and unbiased representation?
    The "attention-seeking" is dead-on accurate. The rest...well...whatever.

York - I have been occasionally shining the spotlight on myself vis a vis the purchase I made of an acoustic guitar and the trials and tribulations I've experienced learning it.

I'm starting to have fun with it now. Have you ever played guitar, York?
    Quote Originally Posted by ByTheWay, View Post
    If anyone raped or molested my wife or child i'd off them myself so I guess it doesn't matter. If you don't feel those type of emotions in that situation then that is you and in my opinion makes you a twisted person from a twisted state (UTAH) if that is where your from!

Great, great pictures from Tom and Yablo.

I went to Vermont for a wedding over Labor Day. It was absolutely beautiful. Of course, I didn't take a single picture. The reception was at the summer home of Abraham Lincoln's son, overlooking the Green Mountains. One of the most impressive receptions I've been to. Then, when I was at LaGuardia on Monday, I got a text mesage from a friend from High School that I haven't seen years saying, "I was in a wedding in Manchester, Vermont and I swear I saw you." There were three or four kids I knew from Dallas in the same small town in Vermont, at the same hotel and shopping at the same shops (one of them saw me in a shop on Sunday morning, but I was way hungover, so I felt bead that I didn't recognize her because I had to have seen her; the place wasn't that big). Weird.

Yabs, yes I play guitar. I have for some time, but I don't practice often, so I'm not that good.

...some of you may see my girlfriend on TV tomorrow. But none of you in LA, SF, or Missoula. Only select cities.
    Last edited by york707; 09-25-2007 at 08:06 PM.
    ---
    The Dive Poets