Thread: Just paid $250 to see RATM

Angry Just paid $250 to see RATM

What a rip-off...

This is literally the only band I would pay $250 to see... Hell, I live in Canada so this is more like $300 in Canadian funds...

I'm so pissed off but I guess you do what you have to do...

Default Re: Just paid $250 to see RATM

My gosh man music isnt a one band genre,why not go all three days and discover new music?

Paul is dead

Quote Originally Posted by Method_man77 View Post
    What a rip-off...

This is literally the only band I would pay $250 to see... Hell, I live in Canada so this is more like $300 in Canadian funds...

That 300 dollars Canadian is still equivalent to 250 dollars american, Its not like you had to pay more cause your from Canada.

What a rip-off...

If you are really only going Sunday, then I will trade you a Sunday pass + $100 for a 3day pass. ????

Renegade, I will buy your sunday tickets!!!!!!

Exclamation Re: Just paid $250 to see RATM

Quote Originally Posted by renegadeoffunk View Post
    If you are really only going Sunday, then I will trade you a Sunday pass + $100 for a 3day pass. ????
    I'm interested... E-mail me @ volcom_stone77@hotmail.com

Seriously, for everyone just wanting to go on Sunday:
    I understand that money is an issue...but if you can even barely afford it, I highly recommend going all three days.

Its a great experience, and I believe camping passes are still available if you can't afford a hotel. If you're making the effort to come Sunday, why not enjoy all 3 days? You'll be surprised at how many great "unheard" acts you can discover there. And how much fun you can have over the entire weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by noisemachine View Post
    I understand that money is an issue...but if you can even barely afford it, I highly recommend going all three days.

Its a great experience, and I believe camping passes are still available if you can't afford a hotel. If you're making the effort to come Sunday, why not enjoy all 3 days? You'll be surprised at how many great "unheard" acts you can discover there. And how much fun you can have over the entire weekend.
    It's because I'm from Canada going to school... I didn't really want to spend this much money going to see bands I'm not really interested in seeing to begin with.

The other issue is that this was supposed to be a vacation for me... I wanted to enjoy Palm Springs without going to the festival all three days.

It's because I'm from Canada going to school... I didn't really want to spend this much money going to see bands I'm not really interested in seeing to begin with.

The other issue is that this was supposed to be a vacation for me... I wanted to enjoy Palm Springs without going to the festival all three days.
    not much to do in palm springs at all, you'd be a fool not to go.

Yeah, Palm Springs is where old people go to play golf all day and sit in jacuzzis all night. Music is infinitely more fun than that.

$300? It's gonna be more like $1500 by the time you get home....

agree w/ noisemachine. you guys really don't know what you'll be missing. and trust me, palm springs is for old people.
    sometimes, there just aren't enough rocks...

10-4 carlarella

go all 3 days man...in '04 i really only went for radiohead but fell in love with the fest as a whole and have been going ever since...just give it a try man - you won't be disappointed

i just bought 3 sunday tickets for 80 bucks each via ticketmaster. go check now, THEYRE ON SALE

What a rip-off...

I just paid $250 for three days of music! over 90 bands, 5 stages .. what a deal!
    P.S. i'm also psyched about going on sunday to see RATM!

Quote Originally Posted by noisemachine View Post

GREAT post!

You are right on the money!

I am a MASSIVE rage fan from the day their first album dropped. To be honest, the only reason I'm ORIGINALLY going to Coachella '07 is because of Rage. remember, I am coming all the way from nyc...so this is no easy (OR cheap) task.

But to be so narrow minded as to abandon the RARE opportunity to see SOO many talented bands, meet soo many different and fun people...well....that's just plain STUPID.

I plan on having THE TIME OF MY LIFE AT COACHELLA 2007!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lurker

It's gonna end up costing me $1000 to see RATM after travel expenses and tickets and I'm sure it'll be worth every penny, they broke up before I ever got a chance to see them.

awww, where did yall hear palm springs is where all the old folks hibernate? well, born and raised here i might as well confirm that you are correct! however, i don't diss the sunny blue skies too often. and there are some options to do besides golf... i think*

*sarcasm

anywho, i'm jealous of you all. i'd buy a 3 day pass if i had that much dinero in my pocket to splurge, so i weighed my options for the bands i was most familiar with and picked sunday. then got uber stoked, too. dang! ndgiasnoigoasij! what the heck. why did it sell out in like 5 minutes on presale day???

...i had to vent somehow.

enjoy the show, everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Gnarly View Post
    It's gonna end up costing me $1000 to see RATM after travel expenses and tickets and I'm sure it'll be worth every penny, they broke up before I ever got a chance to see them.
    You have no idea until you actually witness it......Ill be telling my grandkids about the RATM shows ive seen....not being cliche....It is every bit as hot as maybe your parents seeing The Who or Zepplin or Hendrix back in the day......the energy at the place when Rage drops is un-fucking-real. I got 5 sunday tickets and im picking up the cost for the 4 people that im taking, one of them being my dad. The 2 key words here are "opportunity" and "experience"....its an opportunity that MUST be jumped on...and its an experience that you certianly wont forget and may never again have the chance at. After all the crap and money and hassle and all that....once you are standing there and its ON....it will have all been worth it....promise.

Lurker

Quote Originally Posted by Diggla36 View Post
    You have no idea until you actually witness it......Ill be telling my grandkids about the RATM shows ive seen....not being cliche....It is every bit as hot as maybe your parents seeing The Who or Zepplin or Hendrix back in the day......the energy at the place when Rage drops is un-fucking-real. I got 5 sunday tickets and im picking up the cost for the 4 people that im taking, one of them being my dad. The 2 key words here are "opportunity" and "experience"....its an opportunity that MUST be jumped on...and its an experience that you certianly wont forget and may never again have the chance at. After all the crap and money and hassle and all that....once you are standing there and its ON....it will have all been worth it....promise.

That's exactly what I was hoping to hear. I first heard Rage from one of my old guitar teachers and was hooked, they've been my favorite band ever since. I was only 13 or 14 when they broke up and from a city that would never get them so I never got the chance to see them, as soon as I heard they were playing a show I knew I couldn't miss the opportunity, I'm really stoked already.

vinylmartyr

rage