Thread: SCAM

Default Re: SCAM

yawwwwwwn

Default SCAM

this is bullshit. the sunday tickets were obviously limited so much to get people to buy the 3 day passes. what a fucking scam!! fuck coachella...

i know they were limited, but this is ridiculous. i bought single day tickets for tool last year a week later. no way these sold out 10000x faster.

They always have been. Dont think this is something new.

limiting tickets for single days of a festival is not a scam it's a marketing plan. i can't think of one festival that DIDN'T do that.

if you dont like they do to ensure ththat they pay the artists.. THEN STOP BOTHERING!!

You think that Rage is going to come at a discounted price for this event?? That they will be playing for free?? All good things in life sometimes come at a price. Suck it up... pay the moneies for the three day pass, and enjoy some really great music.
    Last edited by SWEETSHIVERBURN; 01-27-2007 at 09:50 AM.
    "I am just a watery Tart with a sword in her hand."

Quote Originally Posted by ashtraygrl View Post
    limiting tickets for single days of a festival is not a scam it's a marketing plan. i can't think of one festival that DIDN'T do that.
    whatever, it's just bullshit. they definitely limited them more than the other days and the days in previous years.

vinylmartyr

The shitty thing is this fest is now 3 days when it should be no more than 2.

how do you know for sure how many tickets were available? i'm not saying they did or didn't. i'm just pointing out that it's not an uncommon practise for any event. also, for all you know they could have had the same ammount of single day tickets available for each day, and sunday just sold out quicker because RATM is obviously the most popular band of the line-up. just look at the message board. people were chomping at the bit for those tickets. although i'm really excited to see rage, i'm going mostly for bjork and placebo, but i completely suspected single sunday tickets to sell out.

Quote Originally Posted by SWEETSHIVERBURN View Post
    if you dont like they do to ensure ththat they pay the artists.. THEN STOP BOTHERING!!

You think that Rage is going to come at a discounted price for this event?? That they will be playing for free?? All good things in life sometimes come at a price. Suck it up... pay the moneies for the three day pass, and enjoy some really great music.
    if it wasn't such a hassle i'd buy a 3 day pass. if it was like a normal "festival" where you can stay on site, but it's not. i wouldn't mind paying to see so many crappy bands among a few good ones if there was some other incentive and no hassle.

They most definitely put single day tickets on limited quantities this year. Hate it all you want, but it could be worse. I don't think Bonnaroo or Lollapalooza even offer single day tickets. Many European festivals don't either.
    2004, 2005, 2006, 2008, 2012b, 2013a, 2014a

Quote Originally Posted by microcuts View Post
    They most definitely put single day tickets on limited quantities this year. Hate it all you want, but it could be worse. I don't think Bonnaroo or Lollapalooza even offer single day tickets. Many European festivals don't either.
    but like i said, bonnaroo has more to offer by getting the full pass. namely the whole experience of staying there on site. coachella is a hassle to get in an out of everyday and if you really only want to be there one night it's not worth getting the whole weekend pass.

Coachella has on-site camping.

it doesn't even sound like ANYONE got sunday-only tickets. i was thinking of doing that for friday also but thought it was safer to buy the 3-day pass, which i hear is 3 individual tickets.

Look people this isn't a scam, $$$ isn't the only reason they do this. They do this so that they dont have a bunch of people there who only want to see one band and don't care about anything else. That would give the festival a very bad vibe. By making people buy 3 day passes its a safeguard to guarantee that the right kind of people, the people that care/like a lot of bands on the bill will attend the festival.

Quote Originally Posted by noisemachine View Post
    Coachella has on-site camping.
    it's not the same though.

hello! what do u think they're gona do w/ the 3 day passes that don't sell?
    sometimes, there just aren't enough rocks...

They're going to burn them.

Just to spite you all.

they'll eventually release them, but we'll have to be lucky enough to be checking the moment that they do.

Quote Originally Posted by spirolateral View Post
    it's not the same though.
    gag - then fuck off and don't come then...

Quote Originally Posted by spirolateral View Post
    if it wasn't such a hassle i'd buy a 3 day pass. if it was like a normal "festival" where you can stay on site, but it's not. i wouldn't mind paying to see so many crappy bands among a few good ones if there was some other incentive and no hassle.

WHERE IS THE HASSLE???

ok so you cant go back to your tent every four minutes..i dont think thats a big enough reason. And personally i like the idea of camping is seperate from the actually festival. I can deal with about 10,000 or so people trumpling through my backdoor...but not 60k + thats when security does become an issue, for me at least.

and there are always going to be crap bands but the beauty is that there is always a better one somewhere else playing.
    "I am just a watery Tart with a sword in her hand."

Quote Originally Posted by bartelby View Post
    gag - then fuck off and don't come then...
    i wouldn't be going if it weren't for rage. coachella sucks compared to most festivals.