Thread: Goodbye San Diego

Default Goodbye San Diego

Moving up to Santa Cruz today, see you guys later.
    Upcoming Shows:
    * Dillon Francis + Anamanaguchi -- December 28th

Going to Weekend 1 of Coachella 2014

Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Cara. Don't judge a man for not being able to formulate a coherent thought. On an internet forum of all places.

Default Re: Goodbye San Diego

Have a good move.
    Quote Originally Posted by miscorrections View Post
    I think the safest course is to assume everyone is a fucking nightmare and proceed from there.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.

Judgy McMarco TeamCoachellaHellYeah's Avatar

have fun..moving sux!
    Quote Originally Posted by RotationSlimWang View Post
    What the fuck do you know about Madison Square Garden you Orange County twat?
    Quote Originally Posted by menikmati View Post
    And I'm just gonna tell you all this right now, and you don't have to listen to me if you don't want to, but Daft Punk isn't playing next year, so just shut up about it now and save yourself from wasting anymore time on the thought of it.
    COACHELLA's: 2001. 2002. 2003. 2004. 2005. 2006. 2007. 2008. 2009. 2010. 2011. 2012. 2013. 2014.

Cya lee, have fun in SC!
    Quote Originally Posted by TeamCoachellaHellYeah View Post
    this is fantastic news...we can all fist ourselves in peace now...
    http://www.last.fm/user/theburydlife

2011 Wishlist: Soviet Soviet, Swans, Heroin and Your Veins, Lower Dens, The December Sound, Scarlet Youth, Faunts, Bad Lieutenant, The Besnard Lakes, The Raveonettes, Screen Vinyl Image, Sway

good luck up north.

Santa Cruz suspends smoking ban for a day
    Members of medicinal marijuana co-op can light up in park during festival
    By Jeff Thomas
    MEDIANEWS STAFF

Article Launched: 09/20/2007 03:05:06 AM PDT

It's a story that virtually begs for the "only-in-Santa-Cruz" eye-roll treatment -- another item in a wave of wackiness over the years that has painted the beach town, fairly or not, as nuttier than a bowl of granola.
    Only this time, it might actually be true -- the "only-in-Santa-Cruz" part, at least.

That's because two cherished progressive ideals -- smoking bans and medicinal marijuana -- have collided in a cloud of, well, smoke.

The city last year banned smoking in two city parks, citing the threat to public health. The city also is on record in support of the local group that distributes medicinal marijuana. That group's annual festival is coming up -- noon to 5 p.m., Sept. 29 -- and some of the members might need to medicate during the festivities.

The problem: the festival is in San Lorenzo Park, one of the parks with a no-smoking ban.

The solution? Rescind the law for a day. The city passed a unanimous resolution last week to do just that.

But wait, don't pack the bong in the backpack just yet.

"This is not Golden Gate Park, and it's not 1964," said Valerie Corral, co-founder of the Wo/Men's Alliance for Medical Marijuana. "It's not going to be a big smoke-out."

She said the festival -- meant to be a celebration of the support the group has received -- will be a no-smoking event. A small tent will be set up for WAMM members to repair to if they need to partake. Others who light up -- either tobacco or grass -- will be asked to put it out.

"This event has very little to do with smoking and very much to do with thanking the community," Corral said. There will be food vendors and music, and admission is free.
    Corral added, "We wanted to go through the system to get the approval to let our members medicate if they need to."

She acknowledged that those who don't know much about WAMM might think it's a scam to get around marijuana laws. But WAMM doesn't buy or sell marijuana; it grows and distributes it for free to its 250 members -- 80 percent of whom, Corral said, are terminally ill.

Santa Cruz Police Department spokesman Zach Friend said there will be no special patrols for the festival. That's probably not surprising, given that city voters in 2006 directed the police to treat pot smoking as its lowest enforcement priority.

Which begs the question: If a pot smoker and a cigarette smoker were caught puffing in a park, who would be cited?

"Both," Friend said. "It's an ordinance against smoking, period."

As for the dangers of second-hand smoking to festivalgoers, that's what the tent is for. It will be constructed so the smoke is ventilated up and away from the crowd.
    Whiskey Sour

2 oz blended whiskey
    Juice of 1/2 lemon
    1/2 tsp powdered sugar
    1 cherry
    1/2 slice lemon

Shake blended whiskey, juice of lemon, and powdered sugar with ice and strain into a whiskey sour glass. Decorate with the half-slice of lemon, top with the cherry, and serve.

From one musical purgatory to another.
    Quote Originally Posted by suprefan View Post
    The Weeknd will probably play some secret show nobody knows about cause he is even more cryptic than I am.

Endearingly Dislikable RotationSlimWang's Avatar

No offense to any of the boardies in SD, but I have to say that so far people from SD have given me more headaches than any other part of Cali. What's up with that?
    Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    Hannah, I don't know that pigs have big weiners, and my early 20's facination with dogs because of weiner size, I think. If that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    You shouldn't feel uncool for not going to EDC, you should feel uncool because you are uncool.

I don't know, maybe its too much sun that makes us irritable.

2011 Wishlist: Soviet Soviet, Swans, Heroin and Your Veins, Lower Dens, The December Sound, Scarlet Youth, Faunts, Bad Lieutenant, The Besnard Lakes, The Raveonettes, Screen Vinyl Image, Sway

Endearingly Dislikable RotationSlimWang's Avatar

Flakey has actually been my problem. Granted, the number of samples I'm drawing from is fairly small, but the few folks I've known from SD have somehow proved to be flakier than anybody I met in LA, and that's just fucked.

Again, please don't take this personal SD folk, I don't mean to indict your whole city, it's just a weird coinky-dink.
    Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    Hannah, I don't know that pigs have big weiners, and my early 20's facination with dogs because of weiner size, I think. If that helps.

We are too lazy (read: baked by sun/dope) to give a shit about giving a shit...

thump thump thump, hear that? That was my skull....
    Quote Originally Posted by PotVsKtl View Post
    The middle class needs sick beats.

I cried a little bit the day I had to leave SD back to norcal. I hope your move goes well. See you in 9 hours.

In a hotel room in SC. Move was alright, aside from all the getting lost-ness... Damn senseless highways... The bright side is that I met someone who's staying at the same hotel as me whose going to SC too and is from San Diego, so I have a carpool friend now.

Going to move into my dorm tomorrow morning.
    Upcoming Shows:
    * Dillon Francis + Anamanaguchi -- December 28th

Going to Weekend 1 of Coachella 2014

Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Cara. Don't judge a man for not being able to formulate a coherent thought. On an internet forum of all places.

yeah, ive lived in sd and la. i would say people in san diego probably are lazier, more relaxed, and friendlier than people in la. Flakier makes sense too.