Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: pot and the trouble he could of caused with the cops

Default pot and the trouble he could of caused with the cops

well this is an article that opens up my story

Shawn Labeet, suspected of killing one Miami-Dade police officer and wounding three others Thursday morning, was shot and killed by police after shortly before midnight after a massive hunt that ended in Broward County, Miami-Dade police said.

Labeet, 25, was found at an apartment complex at 305 Southwest 85th Ave in Pembroke Pines. After an exchange of gunfire, Labeet was shot and killed. He was found in possession of an extra clip of ammunition and body armor.

Officer Jose Somohano, 37, who had been with the department since 2003, became the second South Florida officer in the past two months killed on duty. He leaves a wife and two young children.

On Aug. 10, a gunman fatally shot Broward Sheriff's deputy Christopher Reyka in Pompano Beach while he looked for stolen vehicles. Earlier that week, another Broward deputy, Maury Hernandez, was shot in the head during a traffic stop. He remains hospitalized. A suspect in Hernandez's shooting is in jail, but Reyka's killer has not been caught.

Labeet has had recent addresses in Margate, North Lauderdale and Pompano Beach.

For much of the afternoon, the hunt for Labeet centered on Broward. Miami-Dade police announced late Thursday that a $200,000 reward was being offered to anyone leading them to Labeet.

Police found a Pontiac Vibe authorities thought Labeet was driving about 4:45 p.m. in front of Target at the Coral Ridge Mall, at North Federal Highway and Oakland Park Boulevard in Fort Lauderdale. Instead of Labeet, police found that his brother had been behind the wheel, accompanied by a woman and two children, none of whom police suspect in the south Miami-Dade shootings, officials said.

Authorities for several hours blocked off a Margate neighborhood that state records show is the home of one of Labeet's relatives. They also blocked off an industrial area of Deerfield Beach, near Interstate 95. Both areas were reopened by 5:30 p.m.

In Margate, neighbors were stunned and saddened that another South Florida police officer had been fatally wounded.

"It's terrible. We just had Reyka die and Hernandez shot," said Tim Drufke, 47. "It really makes you wonder what's going to happen in this area. It's getting out of hand. It's very close to home."

According to Miami-Dade spokeswoman Linda O'Brien, officers working a burglary surveillance detail late Thursday morning at an apartment complex near Southwest 280th Street and 143rd Court in Miami-Dade, pulled over a white Honda that was driving "very erratically." When the car stopped, the man inside opened fire on the officers with a high-powered rifle, O'Brien said.

The shooter got back into the car and drove away. Police later found the car near Southwest 216th Street and 129th Avenue, police said.

Miami-Dade Mayor Carlos Alvarez, the county's former police director, said at an evening news conference that police found an AK-47 rifle in Labeet's car. He said, "Without any remorse, [Labeet] left them there to die and fled the scene."

Alvarez said authorities intend to charge Labeet with first-degree murder.

"By the grace of God we don't have four officers dead, because he certainly tried his best, firing multiple rounds at them," Alvarez said.

Emergency personnel treated Somohano at the scene and airlifted Officer Jody Wright, 31, to Jackson Memorial Hospital's Ryder Trauma Center, where she underwent hours of surgery on her shattered leg Thursday evening. Officials transported Officers Tomas Tundidor, 37, who suffered a leg injury, and Christopher Carlin, 34, to Southwest Miami-Dade hospitals. The two male officers were later released.

Initially, police circulated a different suspect's name and picture, but after he reported to a police station in Jacksonville, they said they had made a mistake. Police corrected the name a few hours later.

Alvarez said Labeet's girlfriend, whom officers apprehended at the scene and brought to police headquarters, "purposely misled and delayed" the investigation by giving officers the wrong name for Labeet, who was using an assumed identity.

"In the initial stages of the investigation, that's crucial," Alvarez said. He said the woman, whose name police did not release, would likely face charges.

Labeet has an arrest record that includes trespassing and disorderly intoxication. At the time of the shooting, Broward authorities had issued a warrant for his arrest on aggravated assault charges.

Moments after the shooting, police locked down several nearby schools. Unsure whether the suspect was still in the area and traveling on foot, they asked residents to lock their doors and stay inside, and cleared news helicopters taping the scene overhead. Teams of police officers scanned waterways, combed bushes and even dumped the trash from a huge collection container, apparently to make sure the shooter was not in it.

"It's horrible," Alvarez said shortly after the shootings. "It's the worst possible feeling you can have to hear that not one, but four police officers have been shot."

According to the National Law Enforcement Officers Memorial Fund, 54 officers have been shot and killed this year nationwide, compared with 34 that had been killed by the same time last year.

Gun control advocates say it has been easier for criminals to buy powerful firearms since the Federal Assault Weapons Ban expired two years ago. The 10-year ban prohibited the sale of semi-automatic weapons manufactured after September 1994, but lawmakers did not renew it.

In Florida and many other states, buyers can obtain guns through private sales without submitting to background checks. Ladd Everitt, a spokesman for the Coalition to Stop Gun Violence, said even background checks on registered sales, through licensed vendors, do not always bring up disqualifying factors, such as mental illness.

"When you see more lethal firearms out on the street, and some are even concealed, it's absolutely more dangerous for police," Ladd said. "A lot of police are arming up because they're finding themselves outgunned by criminals."

"These guns are out there," O'Brien said
    Quote Originally Posted by Hannahrain View Post
    Your lady's also in for drugs, right? Corinna's guy is in for murder and mine's in for a spree of home invasions. I think you're probably good.

Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    I'm pretty sure Ronnie painted that on her, with his dick.

Default Re: pot and the trouble he could of caused with the cops

so basically now that you read part of that you understand there was a killer running around.....i go on the news and see its a guy i used to skate with....i called crime stoppers and let them know that he lives in pompano and gave them the area he lives in.....the cops tracked my number and picked me up on....i rode in a suv showing them were some of shawn and his friends hang out.....i get let go

shawn is killed.....i get picked up because again cos the cops think i know more cos they think this has to do with the previous cop shootings

while they have me pot sends me a text stating "where are you? pot" i flip out cos im with the cops and i get a message that looks like its a drug deal....i make up some BS about getting a job and i cant fly out to austin....the cops told me i couldnt tell him what i was doing

now i cant leave the state for the rest of the year...well i can but i cant....its advised i dont.....also there was another cop shooting yesterday....im just waiting for the cops to pick me up in my pajamas at brus room tonight

people know i snitched and im scared
    Your lady's also in for drugs, right? Corinna's guy is in for murder and mine's in for a spree of home invasions. I think you're probably good.

Coachella Junkie

Oh shit. Keep your head down nig.

yeah man thats why i had to answer...."i dont know you but i dont sell drugs" i knew it was you right away and why you were texting me

"Brick, I've been meaning to talk to you about that. You should find yourself a safehouse or a relative close by. Lay low for a while, because you're probably wanted for murder. "

Holy shit, Ronnie. That's some crazy-ass stuff. Stay low.

wheni get around to mailing out those UFO pants, im writing pot on the box.

Be careful, Caco. Eat a dick, Marooko.
    Last edited by Hannahrain; 09-19-2007 at 01:20 PM.

Better you then me. Why did you call th 5-O in the guy?
    Quote Originally Posted by sames44 View Post
    Marriage is a beautiful thing - everyone should try it at least twice in their lifetime.

Holy fuck. Protect ya neck.
    8/21 Interpol @ Boulevard Pool
    8/23 & 24 FYF Fest
    9/6 Salva @ TBA
    9/17 DJ Earl @ Low End Theory
    9/18 Gaslamp Killer @ Mayan
    9/22 Interpol @ Fox Pomona
    9/25 Simian Mobile Disco @ El Rey

Coachella Junkie

Quote Originally Posted by Deviate_420 View Post
    Are you fucking kidding me?

hay monkeee

did u at least get some kind of reward ?
    Quote Originally Posted by RotationSlimWang View Post
    Say goodbye to that acid, Greg.

Be careful, Ronnie. Eat a dick, Marooko.
    cos he killed a fucking cop and wounded 3.....plus of all the other cops shootings going on in my town

Quote Originally Posted by caco0283 View Post
    cos he killed a fucking cop and wounded 3.....plus of all the other cops shootings going on in my town
    THERE we go. That's better.

"Hallo, Powleece?
    I's knows where shooter lives!"

I had heard this story second hand over the weekend and even I was like Eric Stoltz in Pulp Fiction. Who the fuck is Ronnie? I never met the guy. Are you calling me from a cell phone? Wrong number! Wrong number! Don't ever call here again!

Scary shit Caco. You did the right thing though.

Endearingly Dislikable RotationSlimWang's Avatar

Well, not to sound uncompassionate, but this would be one of the not-so-great case scenarios of being an informant. There are serious downsides to doing your civic duty.

Yo, Caco, I know we don't know each other or anything, but seriously consider what I'm saying here: GET THE FUCK OUT OF TOWN. Just go, man. The cops advised you not to leave, that doesn't mean you can't. You aren't charged with anything and you didn't do anything wrong, right? BREAK OUT.

Cops and courts you can deal with later if they try to go after your ass for escaping questioning. Bullets you can't deal with later. Seriously homie. I couldn't imagine staying anywhere where word was out that I was a snitch. I can't think of too many instances I ever saw that pan out okay for the person at the center of the discussion.
    Last edited by RotationSlimWang; 09-19-2007 at 01:20 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    Hannah, I don't know that pigs have big weiners, and my early 20's facination with dogs because of weiner size, I think. If that helps.

Yeah, I am being serious. If you know some dude has the utter disregard for human life and kills a police officer, why would you put yourself in danger and get involved? Especially by calling crime stoppers. I mean, you make a call and use cop, shot, and I know the guy, the NSA already has where you are calling from. I just think it wasn't a wise decision..
    Marriage is a beautiful thing - everyone should try it at least twice in their lifetime.

hope youre not a cam'ron fan...
    looking to purchase:big brother skateboarding magazine back issues. travis bean tb1000s electric guitars.

Endearingly Dislikable RotationSlimWang's Avatar

Deviate, shut the fuck up. Somehow I think Caco knows that it probably wasn't the best idea in retrospect. He doesn't need your illiterate, inheriting, antique-selling ass filling him in.
    Last edited by RotationSlimWang; 09-19-2007 at 01:20 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    Hannah, I don't know that pigs have big weiners, and my early 20's facination with dogs because of weiner size, I think. If that helps.

Yeah, I am being serious. If you know some dude has the utter disregard for human life and kills a police officer, why would you put yourself in danger and get involved? Especially by calling crime stoppers. I mean, you make a call and use cop, shot, and I know the guy, the NSA already has where you are calling from. I just think it wasn't a wise decision..
    you posted this twice...fix it...
    looking to purchase:big brother skateboarding magazine back issues. travis bean tb1000s electric guitars.

Also, investigators are probably up your ass now. Reading your mail, tapping your phone, reading your posts on the forum.

You did the right thing morally, but seriously watch your back.
    8/21 Interpol @ Boulevard Pool
    8/23 & 24 FYF Fest
    9/6 Salva @ TBA
    9/17 DJ Earl @ Low End Theory
    9/18 Gaslamp Killer @ Mayan
    9/22 Interpol @ Fox Pomona
    9/25 Simian Mobile Disco @ El Rey

Again, Ronnie did the right thing. There is snitching and then there is this. The two couldn't be more different in my eyes. This wasn't a nickel bag being sold in the park. This was a manhunt for a dude who might likely kill again if it meant the loss of his freedom. And not just another cop. Think about it.

Quote Originally Posted by mob roulette View Post
    Again, Ronnie did the right thing. There is snitching and then there is this. The two couldn't be more different in my eyes. This wasn't a nickel bag being sold in the park. This was a manhunt for a dude who might likely kill again if it meant the loss of his freedom. And not just another cop. Think about it.
    Yeah that other victim could now be Ronnie...

he did the right thing, now get the fuck out of town and into a friends basement for the next few months...
    Last edited by Mr.Nipples; 09-19-2007 at 12:31 PM.

Banned

For the record I have no clue who "this guy" is I have never met the guy before.

etga ourya ssaa ota ubCa onniera. OWNA!
    Last edited by J~$$$; 09-19-2007 at 01:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mob roulette View Post
    I agree. Plus it took brass balls for him to do that. the rest of you should look and learn. this is what you call mannin' up big time Awesome Ronnie, absolutely.
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

Also, i think it's funny pot signed his text "pot".
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.