Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hey There Delilah

Default Hey There Delilah

How are you?

I hope all is well.

I am writing to you today because I need to ask you something. A question that has been eating away at me for quite some time now.

When will this stop?

Please make it stop.

Can you make it stop?

I am afraid that it won't stop. I am afraid that it might be too late now.

Because I hear him calling to you twenty times a day. And I don't listen to the radio. And I don't watch the TV. I rarely go to the grocery store and I get my restaurant food to go. Still I hear him calling to you across the miles. A thousand of them, he says. Picturing you smiling and dancing and finally living in the middle of Times Square. Though I have never met you, Delilah, I can almost see your face myself. You ARE beautiful. And though the words that he uses to express this are often hackneyed and corny, I can still tell that he means it. He really does. And now like a ghost, you haunt my every waking hour. Delilah. While I am washing the dishes. Delilah. While I am doing the laundry. Do you think maybe you could just pick up the phone and you know, just give him a call? I know he's waiting for one. Just say hello. Help him get his shit together. And if you don't feel the same, please, PLEASE let him know. Cause now it's affecting MY life. A hit single is one thing, but this is getting ridiculous. Please Delilah. For me. For my kids. I need back the serenity I once knew. You are making my life unmanageable. I can't take it anymore.

Thank you for your concern in this matter. Really. Thanks. Good luck with school. And take care of yourself okay? You have obviously been through a lot here.

Thanks again.

Your friend,

Mob

Default Re: Hey There Delilah

Shall we shoot her?

Or better yet, how 'bout the guy in the white t-shirt?

I hate that song...

oh my god I hate it with the heat of a thousand suns...

Hahahahah oh man. So many memories with the PWTs. I never thought they'd get big enough to where I could actually say I used to hang out with them and have it mean anything. My friend and I used to go out to dinner with them all the time at Swingers and they would come to our hotel parties and we'd go to their house to hang out and watch them record their album. Now they have a song that is affecting Mob's life. Amazing. Delilah was actually interviewed in People magazine. She was pretty cute. She seemed to love the attention it brought her, and they don't speak anymore, and it wasn't even a relationship in the first place. She was too young for him or something. Fuckin Tom. He is such a geek. It seriously weirds me out to hear them all over the place. At movie theaters and shit. We used to go clothes shopping with these guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Ardentbiscuit View Post
    This is the equivalent of musical water boarding.

i love that song
    Quote Originally Posted by Hannahrain View Post
    Your lady's also in for drugs, right? Corinna's guy is in for murder and mine's in for a spree of home invasions. I think you're probably good.

Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    I'm pretty sure Ronnie painted that on her, with his dick.

Coachella Junkie

What in the truckstop fuck are you people talking about?

an awesome song that puts a tear in my eye "OHHHH ITS WHAT RYAN DOES TO ME...OHHHHH ITS WHAT HE DOES TO ME"
    Your lady's also in for drugs, right? Corinna's guy is in for murder and mine's in for a spree of home invasions. I think you're probably good.

This song is worse then any 2 ICP songs..
    Quote Originally Posted by sames44 View Post
    Marriage is a beautiful thing - everyone should try it at least twice in their lifetime.

that song is terrible...
    looking to purchase:big brother skateboarding magazine back issues. travis bean tb1000s electric guitars.

the crazy thing is that them and boys like girls are touring at all the walmarts! haha ya...walmarts! they are hitting the one in arroyo grande by my house for free...pretty crazy, didnt even believe it at first

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDevil50 View Post
    the crazy thing is that them and boys like girls are touring at all the walmarts! haha ya...walmarts! they are hitting the one in arroyo grande by my house for free...pretty crazy, didnt even believe it at first
    You got any tickets to this you can scalp me?

my daughter likes them I think. or she used to but doesn't anymore. I can't keep it straight. She also has a signed Boys Like Girls poster in her room, cuz they played our little high school a year or two ago, and I know she doesn't like them anymore but she keeps the poster up cuz you know, it's signed.
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    my daughter likes them I think. or she used to but doesn't anymore. I can't keep it straight. She also has a signed Boys Like Girls poster in her room, cuz they played our little high school a year or two ago, and I know she doesn't like them anymore but she keeps the poster up cuz you know, it's signed.
    I had a signed Slipknot cd a few years ago. I sold it to some metal head at my old high school for like $2.

Quote Originally Posted by ficklecycle View Post
    You got any tickets to this you can scalp me?
    get over it dude...being a bitter little boy wont make you feel better

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDevil50 View Post
    get over it dude...being a bitter little boy wont make you feel better
    Hey i'm over it. I'm over here eating potatoes and drinking some Coca Cola while you're over there being Mr. Serious about it.

This deserves a

sorry...just not a fan of you

Quote Originally Posted by mob roulette View Post
    How are you?

I hope all is well.

I am writing to you today because I need to ask you something. A question that has been eating away at me for quite some time now.

When will this stop?

Please make it stop.

Can you make it stop?

I am afraid that it won't stop. I am afraid that it might be too late now.

Because I hear him calling to you twenty times a day. And I don't listen to the radio. And I don't watch the TV. I rarely go to the grocery store and I get my restaurant food to go. Still I hear him calling to you across the miles. A thousand of them, he says. Picturing you smiling and dancing and finally living in the middle of Times Square. Though I have never met you, Delilah, I can almost see your face myself. You ARE beautiful. And though the words that he uses to express this are often hackneyed and corny, I can still tell that he means it. He really does. And now like a ghost, you haunt my every waking hour. Delilah. While I am washing the dishes. Delilah. While I am doing the laundry. Do you think maybe you could just pick up the phone and you know, just give him a call? I know he's waiting for one. Just say hello. Help him get his shit together. And if you don't feel the same, please, PLEASE let him know. Cause now it's affecting MY life. A hit single is one thing, but this is getting ridiculous. Please Delilah. For me. For my kids. I need back the serenity I once knew. You are making my life unmanageable. I can't take it anymore.

Thank you for your concern in this matter. Really. Thanks. Good luck with school. And take care of yourself okay? You have obviously been through a lot here.

Thanks again.

Your friend,

Mob
    Shouldn't this be in the "Open Letters to people/organizations" thread??
    Marriage is a beautiful thing - everyone should try it at least twice in their lifetime.

Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    you have a daughter tom?? i thought you were like the boards version of 40 year old virgin

Quote Originally Posted by caco0283 View Post
    you have a daughter tom?? i thought you were like the boards version of 40 year old virgin
    SIGGED!!

Endearingly Dislikable RotationSlimWang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PotVsKtl View Post
    What in the truckstop fuck are you people talking about?
    Seconded. Please respond to our entirely reasonable befuddlement.
    Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    Hannah, I don't know that pigs have big weiners, and my early 20's facination with dogs because of weiner size, I think. If that helps.

we're talking about a song called "hey there delilah" by a band called the plain white t's. the song is played everywhere all the time and mob hates it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ardentbiscuit View Post
    This is the equivalent of musical water boarding.

Thank you Tessa.

Also I don't hate the song. It's got a sweet little naive first love sentiment. I just can't get away from the goddamned thing. It's become this omnipresent fixture in my life. I can't get away from it. Like I hear it when I'm on hold. I hear it when the FedEx guy pulls up, I hear it in my fucking sleep. Make it stop already. It's enough.
    Last edited by mob roulette; 09-19-2007 at 02:07 PM.

Banned

OMG I am in love. I need a screenshot, stat. This kid's got avatar written all over him.

Also, I had never heard the song before that. It was...not...good.
    Last edited by Hannahrain; 09-19-2007 at 03:09 PM. Reason: Second picture was considerably more awesome.

Coachella Junkie

FYI, it is not played everywhere all the time as I have never heard of this song. Additionally, I will not be watching the video to alleviate my ignorance as I've already had Umbrella stuck in my fucking head for the last 3 weeks.

Awesome.

Can we please have a "see no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil" box set?

See evil through weird flesh goggles, hear no evil, speak no evil.

I like how Hannah instictively knew the part I was referring to. You go girl.

Also "Umbrella" will be Pitchfork's song of the year. Bet on it.