Thread: a gnarly coachella

Default a gnarly coachella

what would make it an insane coachella? besides the acts.

im thinking of a giant visualizer for the dance tent; one or a few enormous monstrous visualizing system.

i saw a "sky way" at the oc fair.. something that takes you from one side of the field to the other, but on a skii lift type thing.. that would be bad ass, riding that shit while performers are going on... minus all the ideas of what people could get in trouble for on it..

umm..coachella happy hour, for alcohol. haha, how bad ass would that be.. even if it were 50 cents cheaper, that 50 cents..

a giant screen with 4 panels somewhere where you can watch all the performers at once just by walking around it, ya know?

saw a flying plane last year in the sky with info on it.. why not have lasers shooting through thy sky giving everyone a light show at the same time

some of these ideas may not be practical but it is till worth a shot to just put them out there, ya know.. what do you guys think or have in mind.. l.. we all want coachella to fuckennnn kick ass, bigger and better than before always, 08!!

Default Re: a gnarly coachella

Gnarboots.

Banned

Barbwire.

Endearingly Dislikable RotationSlimWang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by vogina View Post
    saw a flying plane last year in the sky with info on it.. why not have lasers shooting through thy sky giving everyone a light show at the same time
    Somebody doesn't have a fucking clue how lasers work.
    Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    Hannah, I don't know that pigs have big weiners, and my early 20's facination with dogs because of weiner size, I think. If that helps.

My craziest concert experience was in England. I was at a Slayer/Mastodon show and while Mastodon was playing, there wasn't a cloud in the sky. Slayer goes on and it starts to get cloudy then they start playing Reign in Blood and the sky turns black and it just start pouring rain. Tom looks at Kerry king and they both give each other a WTF look and start playing even faster. I truly though the world was going to end at that moment....
    Quote Originally Posted by sames44 View Post
    Marriage is a beautiful thing - everyone should try it at least twice in their lifetime.

This thread is progressively making less sense.

Also, does this thread belong in the music or misc. lounge?
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatinisbad View Post
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.

I think it should be moved to the 1980's - Gnarly - LOL!
    I miss Bill Hicks.

Gnarls Barkley
    "The first time I heard the new single off the Bravery album, I actually cried, and I do not even remember the name of that damn song. It reminded me of this girl I am in love with." - kroqken

Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    I try to be politically pc more than most here: As a dude, anyone who could put a shark up a gals pc body, is pretty creepy, different and interesting. Just saying big time ..... cr****

what would make it an insane coachella?

im thinking of a giant visualizer for the dance tent

i saw a "sky way" at the oc fair..

umm..coachella happy hour, for alcohol. haha, how bad ass would that be.. even if it were 50 cents cheaper
    Giant "visualizer"- Check

Skyway as seen in every state fair and amusement park in the country- Check

50 cents off drinks...this seems a little unrealistic. "bad ass" sure, but how would we pull it off! And I think it could lead to a lot of problems. After all, a lot of people won't buy a $6 beer on principle, but if you make it $5.50, they're gonna drink 10!

I believe the FAA could answer that question.

Quote Originally Posted by M Sparks View Post
    Giant "visualizer"- Check

Skyway as seen in every state fair and amusement park in the country- Check

50 cents off drinks...this seems a little unrealistic. "bad ass" sure, but how would we pull it off! And I think it could lead to a lot of problems. After all, a lot of people won't buy a $6 beer on principle, but if you make it $5.50, they're gonna drink 10!

I believe the FAA could answer that question.
    So I am drinking water as I read this post and I end up spitting it out all over my desk from laughing out loud. Have no idea why, but that shit made me laugh

model the sahara tent after the cave from the rave scene in that matrix sequel

Ins and outs - and I'm not talking burgers here, although that'd be gnarly too.

Quote Originally Posted by RotationSlimWang View Post
    Somebody doesn't have a fucking clue how lasers work.
    indeed i have the 5th grade knowledge of how lasers work.. so pointing at the sky was a failed attempt to put my idea together, but what about a laser grid just above the highest stage at coachella? select certain locations for the lasers and the mirrors, put them in place, maybe multiple colors, maybe go with the beats of the out door stages... it can happen, but.. ya..

maybe we should enlist the help of this guy http://www.vvork.com/

and the guy at burning man 01

how does coachella get its artists? artist entries, panel? sign ups?
    Last edited by vogina; 09-18-2007 at 02:02 PM.

Giant cold water showers. Fuck the desert water shortage. It's hot out there. Or maybe a giant salt water pool.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

men in speedos

Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    You shouldn't feel uncool for not going to EDC, you should feel uncool because you are uncool.

I saw that too.......on Saturday night....I thought it was the mushrooms but guess not.

indeed i have the 5th grade knowledge of how lasers work.. so pointing at the sky was a failed attempt to put my idea together, but what about a laser grid just above the highest stage at coachella? select certain locations for the lasers and the mirrors, put them in place, maybe multiple colors, maybe go with the beats of the out door stages... it can happen, but.. ya..

maybe we should enlist the help of this guy http://www.vvork.com/

and the guy at burning man 01

how does coachella get its artists? artist entries, panel? sign ups?
    that has eye damage lawsuit all over it!

Pop-ups would make Coachella gnarled.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    I try to be politically pc more than most here: As a dude, anyone who could put a shark up a gals pc body, is pretty creepy, different and interesting. Just saying big time ..... cr****

Quote Originally Posted by kingsblend420 View Post
    that has eye damage lawsuit all over it!
    but it would be so bad ass.. plus it would above the peoples heads, far enough it wouldn't effect stage lighting or air traffic.. just saying it could be done, reasonably, i think.. someone please correct me so you can squash my dream of being able to pass out while looking at some crazy lasers and having the misty/smug looking fog created by all of our sweat and moisture at night+dirt