Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So next year will be my first year...

Lurker

Default So next year will be my first year...

Next year I'm getting a 3-day pass for my reserved graduation present. So tell me, what should I expect?

And also, I have no idea who would be there, so any educated guesses? Please don't base your guesses on personal bias, but educated guesses: Reunion rumors, new albums, present tours, etc.

My fav bands are Arcade Fire, David Bowie, and Our Lady Peace. If one of them were there that'd be amazing.

Amneeziac

Default Re: So next year will be my first year...

Arcade Fire, low chance they'll be there. The new album won't be out until late summer at the earliest, unless they do something live. And they were at Coachella this year as well as in 2005. Not likely.

Radiohead seems likely, of course I'd love to see them, but they have a new album that'll probably be out around Coachella time, not to mention their wide appeal with your average Coachella crowd.

Yeah, Amneeziac knows....his alias Babaloo created the fake 2008 poster that everyone is (still) arguing about, even though everyone knows it's fake.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

It's a little early to have a very educated guess over what bands will play, because we don't know what bands will be touring and/or releasing albums around that time. Naturally, an early offer from goldenvoice is incentive to schedule a tour around Coachella...

I do know one thing...it will be very exciting to see how they live up to (or exceed) the last couple years, because those lineups were fucking awesome.

David Bowie is wishlisted/rumored every year, and I hear rumors that he will finally start touring again next year, but we'll see.

Judgy McMarco TeamCoachellaHellYeah's Avatar

Just come with a open mind and you will discover a band that you will love for ages....Our Lady Peace is a interesting request..wouldn't mind seeing them there....
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Reviewers who note the size of the crowd are dumb fucks.
    COACHELLA's: 2001. 2002. 2003. 2004. 2005. 2006. 2007. 2008. 2009. 2010. 2011. 2012. 2013. 2014. 2015.

Amneeziac

Quote Originally Posted by TeamCoachellaHellYeah View Post
    Just come with a open mind and you will discover a band that you will love for ages....
    Ridiculously true. SO true.

Coachella will be the most fun you have all year.

Get a camping pass early.They will sell out and you will be bummed if you don't get one.
    Quote Originally Posted by God
    Do you want to continue talking about Lizards?

Watch out for AIDZ NEEDLEZ.

And no, you can't bring in breast milk.

Arcade will not have a CD out next summer.

OLP will not be there. They were good 10 yrs ago, but haven't been relevant since then.

Watch out for the golf cart driven by Dani & look for the men in speedos. If you are camping, avoid getting run over by trucks. Finally, do not do Will Call, unless you are a foreigner.

I predict Arcade Fire will be broken up before the next Coachella. D.I.V.O.R.C.E.
    Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    You shouldn't feel uncool for not going to EDC, you should feel uncool because you are uncool.

Quote Originally Posted by TeamCoachellaHellYeah View Post
    Our Lady Peace is a interesting request..wouldn't mind seeing them there....
    Is the lead singer the Singing Nun?
    You shouldn't feel uncool for not going to EDC, you should feel uncool because you are uncool.

Lurker

Alright first off OLP fuckin' rock. And about them being washed up, they're still young they just need another creative spark. Spiritual Machines, their 2001 album, is one of my fav cds of all time. I know that was a long time ago, but not 10 years ago. Their most recent albums are not on par with their prior material, but I still wouldn't mind hearing the songs live. I love all their albums.

As for Arcade Fire... holy shit it would suck if Regine and Win separated. They're such a wonderful band and I haven't even had the opportunity to experience one of their shows.

Quote Originally Posted by Damienriceroni View Post
    Next year I'm getting a 3-day pass for my reserved graduation present. So tell me, what should I expect?

And also, I have no idea who would be there, so any educated guesses? Please don't base your guesses on personal bias, but educated guesses: Reunion rumors, new albums, present tours, etc.

My fav bands are Arcade Fire, David Bowie, and Our Lady Peace. If one of them were there that'd be amazing.
    I didn't know what to expect my first Coachella, and I haven't missed a year since! Shit, I'd be willing to go back to school for a graduation gift like yours! Think of Coachella as a learning experience and enjoy!

You're going to love Coachella! It's the best thing in the world! Coachella is the king of all things you can do in life!
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    I try to be politically pc more than most here: As a dude, anyone who could put a shark up a gals pc body, is pretty creepy, different and interesting. Just saying big time ..... cr****

Alright first off OLP fuckin' rock. And about them being washed up, they're still young they just need another creative spark. Spiritual Machines, their 2001 album, is one of my fav cds of all time. I know that was a long time ago, but not 10 years ago. Their most recent albums are not on par with their prior material, but I still wouldn't mind hearing the songs live. I love all their albums.

As for Arcade Fire... holy shit it would suck if Regine and Win separated. They're such a wonderful band and I haven't even had the opportunity to experience one of their shows.
    I have two tix to the Shoreline show I'm trying to get rid of.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

Lurker

I'd be a very lucky boy to buy your tickets but unfortunately I live all the way up in portland OR (Hence the extravagance of the graduation present), so I'm very sorry!! Plus on the 21st I'm seeing Smashing Pumpkins <3

Good luck profitting your tickets and good luck to me on catching a good Arcade Fire show someday.

Memorial_07

It was probably the best concert I've been to and the best $250 for tickets.
    Bowie is supposed to be there (according to the "lineup" poster)

You will enjoy coachella very much.
    There is so much to see and people are so interesting and no one really cares what you look like. Just be yourself.

As for bands, I love Metal music, but I kept an open mind with the wide array of genres at the festival, and I loved most of them.

But in all, your going to have fun.
    And avoid chafed legs.

Quote Originally Posted by Memorial_07 View Post
    It was probably the best concert I've been to and the best $250 for tickets.
    Bowie is supposed to be there (according to the "lineup" poster)

You will enjoy coachella very much.
    There is so much to see and people are so interesting and no one really cares what you look like. Just be yourself.

As for bands, I love Metal music, but I kept an open mind with the wide array of genres at the festival, and I loved most of them.

But in all, your going to have fun.
    And avoid chafed legs.

You are one gullible mofo.

THE POSTER IS FAKE, ADMIT IT TO YOURSELF THAT ITS FAKE.

The person who even made the fake poster has replied in this thread and admitted to it in the one that they created.

And Damienriceoroni, why post this in the rumors section? This is a QUESTION you are asking.

Arcade Fire > Smashing Pumpkins

And just for the record, I'm not a scalper. Only selling for $40 for both.

Quote Originally Posted by suprefan View Post
    You are one gullible mofo.

THE POSTER IS FAKE, ADMIT IT TO YOURSELF THAT ITS FAKE.
    I'm really, really, really hoping he's just joking.

The kid isnt joking, trust me. Oh and I will quit being in a**hole mode when the nw crop of kids come joining up around January and bombard us with a million questions again, and we gotta hold their hand on every single subject to understand.

C'mon, don't stop the asshole mode. I love it when you get going.

Gold Bond is your friend
    Upcoming Shows:

Sasquatch Festival

Lurker

Quote Originally Posted by suprefan View Post
    And Damienriceoroni, why post this in the rumors section? This is a QUESTION you are asking.
    Sorry if I ruined your day XD. Seriously I just made this account so I'm not entirely acquainted with the forum segregation. Plus, I was hoping that any of my trivial mistakes wouldn't offend other posters.

And to whoever thinks I implied they were a scalper, I think I phrased myself incorrectly. I don't want you to make profit off your ticket compared to when you bought them, but rather just make a few bucks in general. If you can't go you gotta do somethin' with them.

Lurker

But yeah thanks to everyone for your help. It seems about 90% of you guys have significantly helped me some way and I'll definitely remember your words come spring 08. Thanks a lot for welcoming me to the coachella community and I'm looking forward to it.

It seems about 90% of you guys have significantly helped me some way
    only 90%?

Lurker

>_>

Quote Originally Posted by garrett222 View Post
    Gold Bond is your friend
    FUCK YES.

That's the one physical problem I didn't have in excess this year, thanks to borrowed Gold Bond. I saw on Sunday that they were actually selling it at camp.

Speaking of camping, it's a memorable life experience to be had by all, but after four years, I've had my fill.

Judgy McMarco TeamCoachellaHellYeah's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alchemy View Post
    You're going to love Coachella! It's the best thing in the world! Coachella is the king of all things you can do in life!
    Word!
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Reviewers who note the size of the crowd are dumb fucks.
    COACHELLA's: 2001. 2002. 2003. 2004. 2005. 2006. 2007. 2008. 2009. 2010. 2011. 2012. 2013. 2014. 2015.