You think they will show up again?
    http://www.thecure.com/news/default.asp
    Blah...Blah...Blah...

Default Re: The Cure

thats my guess.

MAY
    31 LOS ANGELES Hollywood Bowl
    That actually might indicate Radiohead going to Coachella and not The Cure.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    I try to be politically pc more than most here: As a dude, anyone who could put a shark up a gals pc body, is pretty creepy, different and interesting. Just saying big time ..... cr****

not with them scheduled to play LA in late May. Would they come back just a month after Coachella? I could see after 2 or 3 months but not after just 1

Judgy McMarco TeamCoachellaHellYeah's Avatar

I don't think The Cure would be a Coachella headliner if they are headlining Sasquatch. Just a guess....
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Reviewers who note the size of the crowd are dumb fucks.
    COACHELLA's: 2001. 2002. 2003. 2004. 2005. 2006. 2007. 2008. 2009. 2010. 2011. 2012. 2013. 2014. 2015.

Not happening. They're playing in LA a month later. No one is hauling ass out to the desert to see the Cure when they're playing in LA and other parts of the Southwest soon after.

But I don't understand why there's a Radiohead/Cure correlation. Just because they both headlined in 2004 doesn't mean they're joined at the hip. The Cure playing LA in May has nothing to do with whether or not Radiohead would headline Coachella.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

Quote Originally Posted by wildlifeanalysis View Post
    You think they will show up again?
    http://www.thecure.com/news/default.asp
    No and its been discussed in THE LOUNGE if you look.

Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    Not happening. They're playing in LA a month later. No one is hauling ass out to the desert to see the Cure when they're playing in LA and other parts of the Southwest soon after.

But I don't understand why there's a Radiohead/Cure correlation. Just because they both headlined in 2004 doesn't mean they're joined at the hip. The Cure playing LA in May has nothing to do with whether or not Radiohead would headline Coachella.
    Folks just want to relive the great 04 year.
    COACHELLA's: 2001. 2002. 2003. 2004. 2005. 2006. 2007. 2008. 2009. 2010. 2011. 2012. 2013. 2014. 2015.

Quote Originally Posted by TeamCoachellaHellYeah View Post
    I don't think The Cure would be a Coachella headliner if they are headlining Sasquatch. Just a guess....
    Bjork headlined Sasquatch this year...
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatinisbad View Post
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.

fuck that

the cure postponed their show in orlando.

gaygaygaygay
    :;:;:;:;

I've been trying to get a feeling from the city, but I've been unfaithful--I've been traveling abroad.

Quote Originally Posted by rage patton View Post
    Bjork headlined Sasquatch this year...
    DOH! I can't believe I forgot that one!! SOOOOO...it could be possible then...but highly unlikely....

But was Bjork's headlining spot at Sasquatch announced before the Coachella line-up was released?
    Quote Originally Posted by stinkbutt View Post
    It's like finding out an old high school buddy is on meth, and you're not sure if any of the rumors of him giving handies behind Burger King are true but they very likely could be.

Why would Sasquatch have any effect on Coachella? They're nowhere near one another.

The timing works, but I don't know if GV would let them since they're playing the bowl just a month later. Anyone's guess, really.

It simply doesn't make good business sense for GV to pick a headliner that 1) has already announced, way in advance, that they are headlining another festival, 2) has announced a national tour WAY in advance and 3) already is doing a few shows in the vicinity of the festival.

You can hope all you want, but the odds of it happening are about as much as me eating my keyboard right now.

Just sayin
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

It simply doesn't make good business sense for GV to pick a headliner that 1) has already announced, way in advance, that they are headlining another festival, 2) has announced a national tour WAY in advance and 3) already is doing a few shows in the vicinity of the festival.

You can hope all you want, but the odds of it happening are about as much as me eating my keyboard right now.

Just sayin
    Yep...

Just sayin
    Like she said
    Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    You shouldn't feel uncool for not going to EDC, you should feel uncool because you are uncool.

Nobody said they were joined to the hip. It's just obvious that Radiohead is likely because they'd have a new album coming out around Spring. It is also true that if The Cure went to Coachella, than Radiohead wouldn't go to Coachella. Since The Cure's tour dates support that they will most likely not go to Coachella, one could assume that means Radiohead is more likely to play Coachella, even if just by a little.
    I try to be politically pc more than most here: As a dude, anyone who could put a shark up a gals pc body, is pretty creepy, different and interesting. Just saying big time ..... cr****

Who says that's true? It's a business decision-if GV thinks that the Radiohead/Cure combo will generate a big draw and make them a ton of money, they'll do it-regardless if they both headlined in 2004.

Who says that's true? It's a business decision-if GV thinks that the Radiohead/Cure combo will generate a big draw and make them a ton of money, they'll do it-regardless if they both headlined in 2004.
    Hah! Yeah, but let's logically think of what is most likely. I think we know there will be no Radiohead/Cure combo anytime soon. GV doesn't need to do things like that to make money. They have plenty of it to pursue more ambitious things than that. I just said that it makes Radiohead more likely of being there, because it seemed like The Cure had a good chance of being there before they released these dates.

Quote Originally Posted by Alchemy View Post
    It is also true that if The Cure went to Coachella, than Radiohead wouldn't go to Coachella.
    Why would Radiohead not play if The Cure played? They both headlined in 2004 and were among the first bands to actually sell out the festival. In addition, they also both performed at KROQ's Weenie Roast in 1997. They've certainly had no problems appearing at the same place in the past.

The way things are going, who knows if they'll be ready to tour by April anyhow.

GV will do whatever they can to make money. It's not a charity. It's a business.

Quote Originally Posted by microcuts View Post
    Why would Radiohead not play if The Cure played? They both headlined in 2004 and were among the first bands to actually sell out the festival. In addition, they also both performed at KROQ's Weenie Roast in 1997. They've certainly had no problems appearing at the same place in the past.
    Things have changed since 2004. Thom Yorke is on record as saying that he fucking HATES Robert Smith. Like, with a passion, seriously. He didn't go into specifics but he sounded like he wished death on the man. So yeah, the likelihood of Radiohead and the Cure ever playing at the same event ever again seems pretty minuscule to me.
    It's like finding out an old high school buddy is on meth, and you're not sure if any of the rumors of him giving handies behind Burger King are true but they very likely could be.

i thought they were going to play coachella again this time, infact i would have put money down they would play in 08. but now highly doubt they will headline coachella. they already have 3 southern california shows in late may early june, so i dont think i would happen. though i would love it if it did! i just dont see it.
    oh and robert smith said in an interview a long long time ago that he thinks radiohead is overrated, so its kinda funny to hear that thom hates the man.

Although I wouldn't mind if Coachella recycled 2004. They have better options than doing that. If you say that a Radiohead + The Cure combo would make them plenty of money, than wouldn't an even better business strategy be to have Radiohead in 08 with 2 new headliners and The Cure in 09 with 2 other headliners?

It's doubtful the Cure will be touring in 2009

It's doubtful the Cure will be touring in 2009
    What makes you say that? Don't they usually tour for long periods at a time?

They've already announced a spring 2008 tour. They're expected to do a Euro tour after that. They just finished a spring 2007 tour of Austraila and Asia. I doubt they'll still be touring in spring 2009-especially since it's knowng that Robert Smith isn't much of a fan of touring because he has a fear of flying or something.

I guess it's possible, but I sincerely doubt you can expect a 2009 Cure performance at Coachella.
    Last edited by captncrzy; 09-17-2007 at 09:21 AM.

They've already announced a spring 2008 tour. They're expected to do a Euro tour after that. They just finished a spring 2007 tour of Austraila and Asia. I doubt they'll still be touring in spring 2009-especially since it's knowng that Robert Smith isn't much of a fan of touring because he has a fear of flying or something.

I guess it's possible, but I sincerely doubt you can expect a 2009 Cure performance at Coachella.
    I think everyone can agree that 2009 Coachella all bets are off on who headlines. Since it would be a 10th year anniversary why not have all repeat headliners? Daft Punk, The Cure, Radiohead (If they don't make it to 08) Bjork.

In fact why not just schedule the 1st day on the main stage with
    Justice - Bjork - Daft Punk.....but I think I am getting ahead of myself.

Coachella Junkie

for the 10th year you need to get an astonishing reunion to close the night, like the Talking Heads or someone

Bjork shouldn't headline Coachella again any time soon. A threepeat? Let Coachella become a teenager before that happens. And I happened to like her performance this year, too.

Weird how I wrote something completely full of shit about Thom Yorke hating Robert Smith and nobody called me on it. Damn!

EDIT: dream reunion for '09 would be Velvet Underground. Either if they don't do it, Lou Reed has to be there, and soon.
    Last edited by Somewhat Damaged; 09-17-2007 at 06:47 PM.