Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415 LastLast
Results 391 to 420 of 430

Thread: coachella 2008 poster

  1. #391
    Stage Manager captncrzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    TBD
    Posts
    19,805

    Default Re: coachella 2008 poster

    Nah, Dwight is a suckup. I wouldn't use that word to describe Delta.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

  2. #392
    old school Neutral Milk Hotel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    California
    Posts
    2,643

    Default Re: coachella 2008 poster

    That's true, unless The Arcade Fire is Michael.

  3. #393
    Coachella Junkie Ardentbiscuit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    6,682

    Default Re: coachella 2008 poster

    It's obviously fake..

    First of all, the Postal Service aren't getting back together anytime soon....

    http://www.pitchforkmedia.com/page/n...postal-service

    Second of all, Bowie will never play another festival. The only reason he played Glastonbury a few years back is because they gave him one of his first gigs. He mentions it in this movie..

    http://imdb.com/title/tt0464022/

    I could go on and on...

    But it's a cool hoax!

    I would love to see New Young Pony Club!

    http://youtube.com/watch?v=


    I love how in the video the camera almost completely forgets there are guys in the band, can you blame them?


  4. #394
    old school Neutral Milk Hotel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    California
    Posts
    2,643

    Default Re: coachella 2008 poster

    The Postal Service are at work on their second album. So not only are you stupid for posting this now, but some of the reasons you gave for the poster being fake aren't even correct. Way to go!

  5. #395
    old school orbit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    4,989

    Default Re: coachella 2008 poster

    Quote Originally Posted by instinct View Post
    i just posted this on another message board.. hopefully this fake line-up gets big in a couple of days.
    Probably I will do the same around first week of january.



    Edit: Nevermind, that lineup has many horrible trance djs. Even worse than Tiesto and PVD.
    Last edited by orbit; 09-20-2007 at 12:28 PM.

  6. #396
    Coachella Junkie dorkfish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    12,277

    Default Re: coachella 2008 poster

    Quote Originally Posted by Neutral Milk Hotel View Post
    The Postal Service are at work on their second album.
    That's not what Ben Gibbard told me when I saw him last week...
    *based upon tedious fact checking.

  7. #397
    Coachella Junkie Ardentbiscuit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    6,682

    Default Re: coachella 2008 poster

    I'm just posting conjecture Neutral Milk you can take it or leave it...


    Oh yeah and if my post was so stupid then you are lame for responding..


  8. #398
    old school Neutral Milk Hotel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    California
    Posts
    2,643

    Default Re: coachella 2008 poster

    Quote Originally Posted by dorkfish View Post
    That's not what Ben Gibbard told me when I saw him last week...
    Really? Because the last I heard they had finished like six tracks. *shrug*

  9. #399
    Coachella Junkie ficklecycle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    9,878

    Default Re: coachella 2008 poster

    What's the deal with those guys? Aren't some of them from some other band?
    8/2 & 3 HARD Summer
    8/7 Jagwar Ma @ Santa Monica Pier
    8/15 Echo Park Rising
    8/21 Interpol @ Boulevard Pool
    8/23 & 24 FYF Fest
    9/6 RP Boo @ Los Globos
    9/24 Interpol @ House Of Blues
    9/25 Simian Mobile Disco @ El Rey
    9/26 Wu Tang @ The Forum
    9/27 Hercules & Love Affair @ Lot 613

  10. #400
    Member garrett222's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    I might be wrong
    Posts
    2,450

    Default Re: coachella 2008 poster

    i think the poster is real
    Upcoming Shows:

    Sasquatch Festival

  11. #401
    old school orbit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    4,989

    Default Re: coachella 2008 poster

    Go tell your friends.

  12. #402

    Default Re: coachella 2008 poster

    Here's my Bowie has played other festivals in the past, a couple of years ago he was due to play T in the park, he had to pull out due to some nugget at another festival in Norway threw a Lollypop in his eye. Everything on this poster makes sense. So lets hope that it is the line up.QOTSA

  13. #403
    Coachella Junkie Ardentbiscuit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    6,682

    Default Re: coachella 2008 poster

    I'm sure the person who made this just figured what they thought ought to be at Coachella 2008 and put it on the poster. If you say enough names some of them are bound to be right.

    If you look back at rumors over the years, list like this are about 30 to 40 percent right just because of that fact.

    You can't believe how many posts by people on this board and others I have archived (I keep them for posterity) that say, this or that artist is definitely playing just you wait and see and it never happens.

    I'm sure most of it is just because people get tired of waiting for information so they want to stir things up.

    My main question is, why 40 bands the first day, 35 the second day and 30 the third day. Why the decline??

  14. #404

    Default Re: coachella 2008 poster

    This is not a final copy of the poster, work in progress, poster leaked and everyone flapped.QOTSA

  15. #405
    Coachella Junkie dorkfish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    12,277

    Default Re: coachella 2008 poster

    Quote Originally Posted by Ardentbiscuit View Post
    You can't believe how many posts by people on this board and others I have archived (I keep them for posterity) that say, this or that artist is definitely playing just you wait and see and it never happens.
    post your archives
    *based upon tedious fact checking.

  16. #406
    Coachella Junkie Ardentbiscuit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    6,682

    Default Re: coachella 2008 poster

    OH god, this is going to sound like such a big lie but it's on the hard drive of my computer that is being repaired right now...

    As soon as I get the mother board (which died) which in turn fried the memory up and going I'll post it..

  17. #407
    Cobra psychic friend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    valley girl
    Posts
    9,298

    Default Re: coachella 2008 poster

    archives rule
    .................................................. ..............
    She added the phrase "meany head" to my profile.
    I hardly think I'm an attention whore.
    I train birds of prey and am I licensed falconer

  18. #408
    Coachella Junkie brando4n82's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Moorpark, CA
    Posts
    6,119

    Default Re: coachella 2008 poster

    on the third line on Saturday it says ATB. what does that stand for?
    Superfan will be in front of the Fonda masturbating furiously to a photo of him taking a photo of a band. Set is from 8:05 to approximately 8:05:15. Guest list only.

    Upcoming Shows: Marques Wyatt - UCLA, Paul Mccartney - Dodger Stadium, Yes - Greek Theater, Herbie Hancock - Hollywood Bowl, NIN/Soundgarden - Hollywood Bowl, Cut Chemist/Dj Shadow - Palladium, Massive Attack SB Bowl

  19. #409
    Coachella Junkie Ardentbiscuit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    6,682

    Default Re: coachella 2008 poster

    A German DJ..

    He's played several times at Vanguard and other places around LA..

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atb

  20. #410

    Default Re: coachella 2008 poster

    although i know its fake.. it gives me hope...

  21. #411
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Denvah
    Posts
    8,516

    Default Re: coachella 2008 poster

    I feel the same about Jesus.

  22. #412
    Judgy McMarco TeamCoachellaHellYeah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Palm Springs
    Posts
    24,303

    Default Re: coachella 2008 poster

    Quote Originally Posted by J~$$$ View Post
    I feel the same about Jesus.
    HA!
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Reviewers who note the size of the crowd are dumb fucks.
    COACHELLA's: 2001. 2002. 2003. 2004. 2005. 2006. 2007. 2008. 2009. 2010. 2011. 2012. 2013. 2014. 2015.

  23. #413
    Coachella Junkie frozen pilgrim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Kensington market, Toronto.
    Posts
    6,370

    Default Re: coachella 2008 poster

    Quote Originally Posted by DeltaSigChi4 View Post
    Common is better than any hip hop artist ever who has played Coachella, so to claim that he is a shit artist is quite ignorant. If you don't like hiphop, go to the Sahara tent [or Palm Springs] when they are playing the main stage in the early afternoon. Also, I saw Lauryn Hill some months ago and she looks fine -- not "washed up". So go ahead and STFU about that too. Ignorant fucks.

    That is all.

    E
    the asteroid sized douchebag/fanboy scalper delta, who thinks that the arcade fire saved music, also thinks that common is the best hip hop act ever to have played coachella. MORON.
    common is good. he's also an excellent producer. when him and kanye west work together, it's a really solid combination.
    that being said, he is far from the best hip hop act to ever be at coachella. IMO, that title goes to cut chemist for his sunday night dome set this past year. but you could get all anal and classify him simply as turntablism, so...
    have you ever heard of the roots? do you know what hip hop is?
    the above are rhetorical questions. I assume the answer to both would be yes. here's the real question:
    how much is MTV/pitchfork/spin paying you to keep saying stupid stuff on here?

  24. #414

    Default Re: coachella 2008 poster

    Quote Originally Posted by frozen pilgrim View Post
    the asteroid sized douchebag/fanboy scalper delta, who thinks that the arcade fire saved music, also thinks that common is the best hip hop act ever to have played coachella. MORON.
    common is good. he's also an excellent producer. when him and kanye west work together, it's a really solid combination.
    that being said, he is far from the best hip hop act to ever be at coachella. IMO, that title goes to cut chemist for his sunday night dome set this past year. but you could get all anal and classify him simply as turntablism, so...
    have you ever heard of the roots? do you know what hip hop is?
    the above are rhetorical questions. I assume the answer to both would be yes. here's the real question:
    how much is MTV/pitchfork/spin paying you to keep saying stupid stuff on here?
    Common doesn't produce... pretty much destroys your argument right there. Common has been around since WAY before Kanye West... You'd be hard pressed to find a top ten list of the best hip hop singles of all time without "I Use To Love H.E.R." on it. Common debuted his first album in 1992 while the Roots debuted their debut album in 1995 (both are classics mind you). Not to mention the fact that his earlier work was produced by No I.D who mentored Kanye West. Do some research and i'm sure you'll find a majority of the hip hop you think is "REAL" is made by artists who would claim Common as a major influence. Common even destroyed Ice Cube (who is considered one of the strongest writers in hip hop) on the track "Bitch in Yoo". If you have to question whether Common is REAL hip hop you haven't a fucking clue what you're talking about... Oh.... and as a final note, I think you are a retard.

  25. #415
    Coachella Junkie frozen pilgrim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Kensington market, Toronto.
    Posts
    6,370

    Default Re: coachella 2008 poster

    I will explain this in mathematical terms. math. the universal language.

    for the following, let x= kanye west, and y= the roots

    x<y
    simple shit. I'm open to a poll on the matter.
    oh. and if I'm a retard, you're a juggalo.

  26. #416
    The Fro PassiveTheory's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    11,040

    Default Re: coachella 2008 poster

    To further your logic:

    x<a,b,c,d,e,f,g,h,i,j,k,l,m and all the rest of the letters of the alphabet minus the one that represents Vanilla Ice.
    Upcoming Shows:
    * Dillon Francis + Anamanaguchi -- December 28th

    Going to Weekend 1 of Coachella 2014


    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Cara. Don't judge a man for not being able to formulate a coherent thought. On an internet forum of all places.

  27. #417
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Las Vegas, NV, USA
    Posts
    3,500

    Default Re: coachella 2008 poster

    Frozen Pilgram just earned the Delta fangirl #2 classification.

    E

  28. #418
    Endearingly Dislikable RotationSlimWang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    11,892

    Default Re: coachella 2008 poster

    2 + 2 can = 5.

    This is such a shitty argument about rap.
    Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    Hannah, I don't know that pigs have big weiners, and my early 20's facination with dogs because of weiner size, I think. If that helps.

  29. #419

    Default Re: coachella 2008 poster

    Quote Originally Posted by frozen pilgrim View Post
    I will explain this in mathematical terms. math. the universal language.

    for the following, let x= kanye west, and y= the roots

    x<y
    simple shit. I'm open to a poll on the matter.
    oh. and if I'm a retard, you're a juggalo.
    What does Kanye West have to do with anything. I'm talking about COMMON as you were questioning Common's hip hop-edness, so to speak. Kanye West is a glorified hype man... hyping only himself of course... and i've seen the roots three times and each time was blown away by their incredible stage presence... There's no doubt in my mind that The Roots are at least 8 levels above Kanye West. But Common is at least on the same level, if not above. And to question Common shows you know little to nothing about hip hop...

  30. #420
    Amneeziac
    Guest

    Default Re: coachella 2008 poster

    Quote Originally Posted by RotationSlimWang View Post
    2 + 2 can = 5.

    This is such a shitty argument about rap.
    2+2=5. (The Lukewarm).

Similar Threads

  1. I need a regular Coachella 07 Poster!
    By Snosurf in forum Questions
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 06-11-2007, 03:47 AM
  2. Coachella Poster Help
    By ColdSoreSuperstar in forum Music Lounge
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 04-25-2007, 10:58 PM
  3. Myspace Coachella Poster
    By garrett222 in forum Music Lounge
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-11-2007, 08:21 PM
  4. Coachella Line up Poster?
    By suprefan in forum Questions
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-01-2007, 10:00 PM
  5. where can i get a coachella postcard or poster ad?
    By psychic friend in forum Questions
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-26-2007, 08:52 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •