Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: coachella 2008 poster

Default Re: coachella 2008 poster

Quote Originally Posted by psychic friend View Post
    ok so whoever is the top name on the poster - for each night of each year?
    The last name at the bottom line of the poster for each night.

99 beck ratm tool
    01 janes addiction
    02 bjork oasis
    03 beastie boys rhcp
    04 radiohead the cure
    05 coldplay nin
    06 depeche mode tool
    07 bjork rhcp rage

just to clarify
    .................................................. ..............
    She added the phrase "meany head" to my profile.
    I hardly think I'm an attention whore.
    I train birds of prey and am I licensed falconer

Endearingly Dislikable RotationSlimWang's Avatar

ok so whoever is the top name on the poster - for each night of each year?
    Yeah, so that gives us Beck, Tool, Jane's Addiction, Bjork, Oasis, Beasties, RHCP, Radiohead, The Cure, Coldplay, NIN, Depeche Mode, and Rage.
    Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    Hannah, I don't know that pigs have big weiners, and my early 20's facination with dogs because of weiner size, I think. If that helps.

You fast-moving bitch, you. Sorry about the bitch, baby.
    Hannah, I don't know that pigs have big weiners, and my early 20's facination with dogs because of weiner size, I think. If that helps.

i dont even know what band you guys are arguing about cuz i havent read the whole thread

(no i dont think verve is a "headliner")

Another problem with a lot of this that people don't seem to take into account is that a headliner should probably have, you know, like at least three albums to draw from besides having had at least two significant hit albums. Why the fuck are we even still talking about this? I feel like a chump because we're still debating shit from this goddamn poster. Fuck this.

the poster is controversial because it has so many bands on it that a lot of people here want or think should be there, therefore its a hot discussion and the person who posted it thinks they are THE MAN for putting together a bunch of bands we would want there with some other bands that could be there, blah blah. and get a high views count and they can brag to their friends about posting it. and any band that plays that is on it they can think "i told you so". its so funny.

i would like to hear Kampy's on this one...
    ass on the grill

the poster is controversial because it has so many bands on it that a lot of people here want or think should be there, therefore its a hot discussion and the person who posted it thinks they are THE MAN for putting together a bunch of bands we would want there with some other bands that could be there, blah blah. and get a high views count and they can brag to their friends about posting it. and any band that plays that is on it they can think "i told you so". its so funny.

Well that was the point, you couldve just deleted the thread ya know and let it just go away. Or locked the topic too. But doing that raises suspiscion too, so you cant do that either.

Coachella Junkie shakermaker113's Avatar

i thought it was a late add, but only by a few days.
    THANK YOU! I can't count the times I have read that Daft Punk were a "really late addition", sometimes with claims that it was a month after the initial lineup, or even just a week or two before the event. it was TWO DAYS after the initial lineup announcement. how history exaggerates.

Quote Originally Posted by dontfeedthebird View Post
    Cut Copy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    wtf? I finally had to check out who the this Cut Copy act is because of your repeated posts. thanks for hyping up absolutely nothing.
    Superfan will be in front of the Fonda masturbating furiously to a photo of him taking a photo of a band. Set is from 8:05 to approximately 8:05:15. Guest list only.

Upcoming Shows: Nocturnal Wonderland Saturday, Cut Chemist/Dj Shadow - Palladium, Massive Attack SB Bowl, Festival Supreme, Coachella 2015

Quote Originally Posted by RotationSlimWang View Post
    Seriously, are you people out of your fucking minds?
    I'm serious. Ok. I'll meet you part way. Perhaps they might not be the best fit to "close" Friday. I do believe the Verve are more than capable of playing the main stage (at night). Urban Hymns is a great piece of work. I own their DVD of various videos and their performance is brilliant. Radiohead and The Verve would make my 2008.

PS. Love the Avatar.
    Whiskey Sour

2 oz blended whiskey
    Juice of 1/2 lemon
    1/2 tsp powdered sugar
    1 cherry
    1/2 slice lemon

Shake blended whiskey, juice of lemon, and powdered sugar with ice and strain into a whiskey sour glass. Decorate with the half-slice of lemon, top with the cherry, and serve.

Judgy McMarco TeamCoachellaHellYeah's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by summerkid View Post
    all her albums combined maybe in all markets. I believe she has a couple of albums that have gone platinum, but not 2x platinum.
    Post is her best selling US album at 900,000 copies...and Debut was 800,000 none of her other albums have come that close to platinum.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Reviewers who note the size of the crowd are dumb fucks.
    COACHELLA's: 2001. 2002. 2003. 2004. 2005. 2006. 2007. 2008. 2009. 2010. 2011. 2012. 2013. 2014. 2015.

Dude, Daft Punk and Sigur Ros were not headliners, and not that many people were there to see them. No one knew what DP was going to turn out, they were a really late add anyway, and it's not like the entire campground was abuzz with talk of Sigur Ros. Would you care to go through Coachella history and try to find me a headliner that hasn't had at least two 2x platinum albums?
    I am not saying that they WERE headliners but it was what people wanted to see.
    COACHELLA's: 2001. 2002. 2003. 2004. 2005. 2006. 2007. 2008. 2009. 2010. 2011. 2012. 2013. 2014. 2015.

OK, I just want to say that I don't want to argue anymore about who is a headliner and who isn't. It is just silly at this point and since we all know that the poster is fake why are we making such a big fuss about it anyways? In reality who really cares? All we really want is a kick ass line up next year with as little conflicts as possible aren't I right? This whole thread has become a UFO. Like PF alot of those bands COULD be there next year doesn't make the poster true and like Superfre said if the poster was simply deleted too many people would assume it to be true. SO...uh there...

You're arguing with yourself asshole...see your avatar? That's exactly like this thread

Dude, Daft Punk and Sigur Ros were not headliners, and not that many people were there to see them. No one knew what DP was going to turn out, they were a really late add anyway, and it's not like the entire campground was abuzz with talk of Sigur Ros. Would you care to go through Coachella history and try to find me a headliner that hasn't had at least two 2x platinum albums?

As the story with DP, they were put on the poster 2 DAYS AFTER the line up was posted. Thats like soooo late right? Other sources say(one being Paul Tollet) was that they were bummed to not put DP on the line up the first time because the final confirmation hadnt come through so they went ahead. ANYWAY, this poster just adds to the stack of many that have come and gone.

Quote Originally Posted by anti-square View Post
    You're arguing with yourself asshole...see your avatar? That's exactly like this thread
    I hope that wasn't directed at me...even if it was bah! no use in arguing...

Coachella Junkie shakermaker113's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by suprefan View Post
    this poster just adds to the stack of many that have come and gone.
    I think this was the most convincing of all though, if it hadn't been for the timing. if he'd waiting until january...

its not convincing to me because there are too many good bands. its not realistic. its just another wish list.

its not convincing to me because there are too many good bands. its not realistic. its just another wish list.
    Yep, if its ''too good to be true'' then it most likely is. There needs to be some ''s**t'' in the pile of awesomeness to be real. Wheres the next James Blunt or Jacks Mannequin? I swear I have a feeling Third Eye Blind plays next year.

Banned

Common is better than any hip hop artist ever who has played Coachella, so to claim that he is a shit artist is quite ignorant. If you don't like hiphop, go to the Sahara tent [or Palm Springs] when they are playing the main stage in the early afternoon. Also, I saw Lauryn Hill some months ago and she looks fine -- not "washed up". So go ahead and STFU about that too. Ignorant fucks.

That is all.

E

Quote Originally Posted by TeamCoachellaHellYeah View Post
    OK, Isince we all know that the poster is fake why are we making such a big fuss about it anyways? ..
    um DUH! it's September, no where near Coachella season... We have NOTHING better to do =) I think we can all agree this poster got us all talking, for the better or worse.
    Superfan will be in front of the Fonda masturbating furiously to a photo of him taking a photo of a band. Set is from 8:05 to approximately 8:05:15. Guest list only.

Upcoming Shows: Nocturnal Wonderland Saturday, Cut Chemist/Dj Shadow - Palladium, Massive Attack SB Bowl, Festival Supreme, Coachella 2015

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaSigChi4 View Post
    Common is better than any hip hop artist ever who has played Coachella, so to claim that he is a shit artist is quite ignorant. If you don't like hiphop, go to the Sahara tent [or Palm Springs] when they are playing the main stage in the early afternoon. Also, I saw Lauryn Hill some months ago and she looks fine -- not "washed up". So go ahead and STFU about that too. Ignorant fucks.

That is all.

E
    Common's a big ***. I'm holding out for Meth and Red at Coach this year. Blackout, motherfuckers! Also, apparently Lauryn went to hell: http://www.coachella.com/forum/showt...ht=Lauryn+Hill What show were you at?

Lauryn Hill was so bad I left early. After paying $85 for a ticket. I just couldn't take it anymore. She had to have been tripping balls. She needs to get it together.

A black woman tripping? I can probably count the number of times I've seen that on one hand.

Banned

Method Man and Redman, together, = pop rap. If you like pop rap so much, why the fuck don't you log off and go watch MTV VMA's on a loop.

I was at the Red Rock show. And I didn't see a bad review of it. Just because Morrissey went apeshit at some show in California and refused to sing songs without purposefully slurring his words in disgust with the sound, doesn't mean he needs to get his shit together. Just means he didn't feel like it was worth an effort. If you think ONE SHOW can be held up as the end-all to all that an artist is/was/or ever will be, then you're a lot stupider than most Daft Shit fans are.

That is all.

E

Kate Nash and Just Jack are pretty dreadful (Kate especially). I'll be glad when all this mockney shit is over.
    Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    well, for all intensive porpoises it is, will sell out within seconds tomorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by korbinn View Post
    It's jsut dawned on me that I'm overly confident and a extremely ocd perfectionist.
    Quote Originally Posted by kroqken View Post
    I don't give a flying fuck about the Kardashians, I doubt they know who Belle and Sebastian are.

Quote Originally Posted by suprefan View Post
    Yep, if its ''too good to be true'' then it most likely is. There needs to be some ''s**t'' in the pile of awesomeness to be real. Wheres the next James Blunt or Jacks Mannequin? I swear I have a feeling Third Eye Blind plays next year.
    Well, there is The Mars Volta...

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaSigChi4 View Post
    Method Man and Redman, together, = pop rap. If you like pop rap so much, why the fuck don't you log off and go watch MTV VMA's on a loop.

I was at the Red Rock show. And I didn't see a bad review of it. Just because Morrissey went apeshit at some show in California and refused to sing songs without purposefully slurring his words in disgust with the sound, doesn't mean he needs to get his shit together. Just means he didn't feel like it was worth an effort. If you think ONE SHOW can be held up as the end-all to all that an artist is/was/or ever will be, then you're a lot stupider than most Daft Shit fans are.

That is all.

E
    Pop rap? Look motherfucker, no second-generation from some sandy fundamentalist Muslim country, currently living in the cultural abscess that is LV and going to 36 concerts for some fucking Canadian band because he loves strings, organs, and singing along to In The Backseat gets to talk shit about taste in rap. ESPECIALLY not when you're backing fucking Common. Call it "pop" if you want, at least Blackout doesn't have any pussy-ass love songs on it. You and Chappelle can take Common's love and understanding message and cram it up your respective shitlockers.

As far as judging Lauryn Hill on one show, you actually can do that a little bit when the bitch has only played, what, like four shows in how many years? Not that she was ever particularly good live. I saw her at the Montreal Jazz Festival some years ago and I was real excited until I saw it was just her and a fucking guitar and she couldn't really sing.

Never talk shit on Meth. Ever. =)