Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314 ... LastLast
Results 271 to 300 of 430

Thread: coachella 2008 poster

  1. #271
    Endearingly Dislikable RotationSlimWang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    11,892

    Default Re: coachella 2008 poster

    Quote Originally Posted by TeamCoachellaHellYeah View Post
    But this being Coachella, since when do chart toppers and multi platinum artist headline? Kanye West has probably sold more records then any of the headliners bar Depeche Mode and RHCP in Coachella history but people were there to see Daft Punk and Sigur Ros....I would see them because I heard that they used to put on amazing live shows...
    Dude, Daft Punk and Sigur Ros were not headliners, and not that many people were there to see them. No one knew what DP was going to turn out, they were a really late add anyway, and it's not like the entire campground was abuzz with talk of Sigur Ros. Would you care to go through Coachella history and try to find me a headliner that hasn't had at least two 2x platinum albums?
    Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    Hannah, I don't know that pigs have big weiners, and my early 20's facination with dogs because of weiner size, I think. If that helps.

  2. #272
    Bambi menikmati's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    North Hollywood, CA
    Posts
    15,060

    Default Re: coachella 2008 poster

    Daft Punk was not a late add.

  3. #273
    Endearingly Dislikable RotationSlimWang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    11,892

    Default Re: coachella 2008 poster

    I thought someone had said that. Either way, Sahara headliner is not the same as a headliner headliner.
    Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    Hannah, I don't know that pigs have big weiners, and my early 20's facination with dogs because of weiner size, I think. If that helps.

  4. #274
    Cobra psychic friend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    valley girl
    Posts
    9,298

    Default Re: coachella 2008 poster

    i thought it was a late add, but only by a few days.
    .................................................. ..............
    She added the phrase "meany head" to my profile.
    I hardly think I'm an attention whore.
    I train birds of prey and am I licensed falconer

  5. #275
    Coachella Junkie Boourns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    nowhere
    Posts
    26,670

    Default Re: coachella 2008 poster

    Somebody should email this to NME

  6. #276
    Endearingly Dislikable RotationSlimWang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    11,892

    Default Re: coachella 2008 poster

    I really wanna throw it on wiki and eight million other places. So tempting...
    Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    Hannah, I don't know that pigs have big weiners, and my early 20's facination with dogs because of weiner size, I think. If that helps.

  7. #277
    Coachella Junkie summerkid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    6,661

    Default Re: coachella 2008 poster

    Quote Originally Posted by RotationSlimWang View Post
    Dude, Daft Punk and Sigur Ros were not headliners, and not that many people were there to see them. No one knew what DP was going to turn out, they were a really late add anyway, and it's not like the entire campground was abuzz with talk of Sigur Ros. Would you care to go through Coachella history and try to find me a headliner that hasn't had at least two 2x platinum albums?
    Bjork, but I completely agree the headliners are there to attract the casual music fan i suppose and they need to have a broad appeal and a big fan base.
    The White Stripes 9/18

  8. #278
    Coachella Junkie Boourns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    nowhere
    Posts
    26,670

    Default Re: coachella 2008 poster

    This poster needs a joke act. A Fountains of Wayne or James Blunt, if you will. A punchline to unite us all...well, most of us.

  9. #279
    Endearingly Dislikable RotationSlimWang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    11,892

    Default Re: coachella 2008 poster

    Quote Originally Posted by summerkid View Post
    Bjork, but I completely agree the headliners are there to attract the casual music fan i suppose and they need to have a broad appeal and a big fan base.
    Are you out of your mind? Bjork had sold over 15 million albums in 2003 according to her label per wiki.
    Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    Hannah, I don't know that pigs have big weiners, and my early 20's facination with dogs because of weiner size, I think. If that helps.

  10. #280
    Cobra psychic friend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    valley girl
    Posts
    9,298

    Default Re: coachella 2008 poster

    Quote Originally Posted by Boourns View Post
    This poster needs a joke act. A Fountains of Wayne or James Blunt, if you will. A punchline to unite us all...well, most of us.
    i thought Lauryn hill or common was that
    .................................................. ..............
    She added the phrase "meany head" to my profile.
    I hardly think I'm an attention whore.
    I train birds of prey and am I licensed falconer

  11. #281
    Coachella Junkie summerkid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    6,661

    Default Re: coachella 2008 poster

    Quote Originally Posted by RotationSlimWang View Post
    Are you out of your mind? Bjork had sold over 15 million albums in 2003 according to her label per wiki.
    all her albums combined maybe in all markets. I believe she has a couple of albums that have gone platinum, but not 2x platinum.
    The White Stripes 9/18

  12. #282
    Coachella Junkie summerkid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    6,661

    Default Re: coachella 2008 poster

    Quote Originally Posted by Boourns View Post
    This poster needs a joke act. A Fountains of Wayne or James Blunt, if you will. A punchline to unite us all...well, most of us.
    haha remember when fountains of wayne and jack's mannequin on the poster got combined to form a super band of suck?
    The White Stripes 9/18

  13. #283
    Coachella Junkie summerkid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    6,661

    Default Re: coachella 2008 poster

    Quote Originally Posted by psychic friend View Post
    i thought Lauryn hill or common was that
    you take that back pf Common rocked it in 2006.
    The White Stripes 9/18

  14. #284
    Endearingly Dislikable RotationSlimWang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    11,892

    Default Re: coachella 2008 poster

    Quote Originally Posted by summerkid View Post
    all her albums combined maybe in all markets. I believe she has a couple of albums that have gone platinum, but not 2x platinum.
    Well, how bout you do some math there and figure out how she could have sold 15 million and not gone 2x platinum unless she had 15 albums? Which, y'know, she doesn't.
    Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    Hannah, I don't know that pigs have big weiners, and my early 20's facination with dogs because of weiner size, I think. If that helps.

  15. #285
    Cobra psychic friend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    valley girl
    Posts
    9,298

    Default Re: coachella 2008 poster

    i take it back
    .................................................. ..............
    She added the phrase "meany head" to my profile.
    I hardly think I'm an attention whore.
    I train birds of prey and am I licensed falconer

  16. #286
    Coachella Junkie summerkid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    6,661

    Default Re: coachella 2008 poster

    Quote Originally Posted by RotationSlimWang View Post
    Well, how bout you do some math there and figure out how she could have sold 15 million and not gone 2x platinum unless she had 15 albums? Which, y'know, she doesn't.
    because that figure is probably a worldwide figure and not just in the US.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bj%C3%B6rk_discography
    The White Stripes 9/18

  17. #287
    Endearingly Dislikable RotationSlimWang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    11,892

    Default Re: coachella 2008 poster

    Did I say anything about just in the US? I don't recall saying anything about that. Nope, I didn't.
    Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    Hannah, I don't know that pigs have big weiners, and my early 20's facination with dogs because of weiner size, I think. If that helps.

  18. #288
    Coachella Junkie summerkid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    6,661

    Default Re: coachella 2008 poster

    Quote Originally Posted by RotationSlimWang View Post
    Did I say anything about just in the US? I don't recall saying anything about that. Nope, I didn't.
    well your argument about the verve not being able to headline because they don't have an album that's gone 2x platinum is wrong because they've gone 8x platinum in the UK, platinum in the US and France, 2x platinum in Canada and 3x Platinum in Australia.
    The White Stripes 9/18

  19. #289
    Coachella Junkie Boourns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    nowhere
    Posts
    26,670

    Default Re: coachella 2008 poster

    Quote Originally Posted by psychic friend View Post
    i thought Lauryn hill or common was that
    I dunno about Common, but I'd have to say yes to Lauryn Hill. A bit washed up, yes?

  20. #290
    Endearingly Dislikable RotationSlimWang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    11,892

    Default Re: coachella 2008 poster

    Source, Fucko?
    Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    Hannah, I don't know that pigs have big weiners, and my early 20's facination with dogs because of weiner size, I think. If that helps.

  21. #291
    Endearingly Dislikable RotationSlimWang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    11,892

    Default Re: coachella 2008 poster

    And was Common ever not a joke? Honestly. Anyone else see that fucking video where he's wooing the deaf girl underneath her window? I wanted to smack his stupid-ass hat off his head.
    Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    Hannah, I don't know that pigs have big weiners, and my early 20's facination with dogs because of weiner size, I think. If that helps.

  22. #292
    Coachella Junkie Boourns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    nowhere
    Posts
    26,670

    Default Re: coachella 2008 poster

    Most Americans think of The Verve as one-hit wonders. They would have second or third billing. Really hope they play next year, I must say.

  23. #293
    Coachella Junkie summerkid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    6,661

    Default Re: coachella 2008 poster

    Quote Originally Posted by RotationSlimWang View Post
    Source, Fucko?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Urban_Hymns
    The White Stripes 9/18

  24. #294
    Endearingly Dislikable RotationSlimWang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    11,892

    Default Re: coachella 2008 poster

    From that link:

    Since it's release, the album has sold more than 5 million copies worldwide.



    ??????
    Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    Hannah, I don't know that pigs have big weiners, and my early 20's facination with dogs because of weiner size, I think. If that helps.

  25. #295
    Endearingly Dislikable RotationSlimWang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    11,892

    Default Re: coachella 2008 poster

    It would appear that different countries use different standards of what platinum is, so let's clarify all this:

    Find me a Coachella headliner that hasn't had at least two albums that sold two million copies. Thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    Hannah, I don't know that pigs have big weiners, and my early 20's facination with dogs because of weiner size, I think. If that helps.

  26. #296
    Cobra psychic friend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    valley girl
    Posts
    9,298

    Default Re: coachella 2008 poster

    do you define headliner as the last artist that played on the main stage for a given night or what? please specify.
    .................................................. ..............
    She added the phrase "meany head" to my profile.
    I hardly think I'm an attention whore.
    I train birds of prey and am I licensed falconer

  27. #297
    Coachella Junkie summerkid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    6,661

    Default Re: coachella 2008 poster

    Quote Originally Posted by psychic friend View Post
    do you define headliner as the last artist that played on the main stage for a given night or what? please specify.
    whoever has top billing.
    The White Stripes 9/18

  28. #298
    Endearingly Dislikable RotationSlimWang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    11,892

    Default Re: coachella 2008 poster

    Correct.
    Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    Hannah, I don't know that pigs have big weiners, and my early 20's facination with dogs because of weiner size, I think. If that helps.

  29. #299
    Cobra psychic friend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    valley girl
    Posts
    9,298

    Default Re: coachella 2008 poster

    ok so whoever is the top name on the poster - for each night of each year?
    .................................................. ..............
    She added the phrase "meany head" to my profile.
    I hardly think I'm an attention whore.
    I train birds of prey and am I licensed falconer

  30. #300
    Milkshake suprefan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Burbank CA
    Posts
    43,940

    Default Re: coachella 2008 poster

    Quote Originally Posted by psychic friend View Post
    do you define headliner as the last artist that played on the main stage for a given night or what? please specify.
    All the idiots who considered Tiesto being the ''headliner'' just becasue he played last on the main Saturday this year should be banned.

Similar Threads

  1. I need a regular Coachella 07 Poster!
    By Snosurf in forum Questions
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 06-11-2007, 03:47 AM
  2. Coachella Poster Help
    By ColdSoreSuperstar in forum Music Lounge
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 04-25-2007, 10:58 PM
  3. Myspace Coachella Poster
    By garrett222 in forum Music Lounge
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-11-2007, 08:21 PM
  4. Coachella Line up Poster?
    By suprefan in forum Questions
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-01-2007, 10:00 PM
  5. where can i get a coachella postcard or poster ad?
    By psychic friend in forum Questions
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-26-2007, 08:52 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •