Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: coachella 2008 poster

Default Re: coachella 2008 poster

I have never heard of The Airborne Toxic Event or Fukkk Offf but going to their MySpace page and checking them out makes me excited for all of the new bands that I am going to see (whether they are at Coachella or not)

If this is a fake and you are fucking with us, Bravo
    If this is indeed a real line up, FUCKING BRAVO!!!!

old school

More reasons besides the obvious that this is fake:

The best band is not on that poster, which is the Silversun Pickups.

There is no way they would put Muse and Radiohead on the same night.
    Lick an orange, it tastes like an orange. Lick a pineapple, it tastes like a pineapple. Go ahead, try it. Try some more. The strawberries taste like strawberries. The snozzberries taste like snozzberries! We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams. Come along, come along.

Quote Originally Posted by RotationSlimWang View Post
    Now then, how would you like a tongue up your ass? I promise I take clear pictures. Kthxbai
    except for this, i'd like a pic of this please.
    At some point in time a man switches from "I'll have what he's having" to "I'll have what I'm having."

HaHa! Kudos to the creator of this poster and this thread. GOLD.
    ass on the grill

Quote Originally Posted by ThomThom View Post
    Chris your such a kill joy...

Sasha, I am doing whats best for you ok?
    Last edited by suprefan; 09-13-2007 at 02:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by babbaloo118 View Post
    i woke up late because we went out late because we saw spoon that band!
    As opposed to Spoon that eating utensil?
    For your health

Quote Originally Posted by ShyGuy75 View Post
    More reasons besides the obvious that this is fake:

The best band is not on that poster, which is the Silversun Pickups.

There is no way they would put Muse and Radiohead on the same night.
    Why would SSPU be on the line up YET AGAIN after being on it this year? You can put Muse and Radiohead on the same day, thats not an issue. Thats like saying you cant put Pixies and Radiohead on the same day, BUT IT HAPPEND.

And God Speed You! Black Emperor? Man this person was diggng deep on our requests. I am pretty shocked that Justice isnt on there or another whole Ed Banger block. Armin Van Buren is still waaaay to high on saturday though.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyface View Post
    As opposed to Spoon that eating utensil?
    They were probably chilling with Adam Goldberg you know, that guy!!

old school

"Why would SSPU be on the line up YET AGAIN after being on it this year?"

Do you have trouble comprehending English, or do you like to be the boards buzz kill?
    Lick an orange, it tastes like an orange. Lick a pineapple, it tastes like a pineapple. Go ahead, try it. Try some more. The strawberries taste like strawberries. The snozzberries taste like snozzberries! We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams. Come along, come along.

Quote Originally Posted by ShyGuy75 View Post
    "Why would SSPU be on the line up YET AGAIN after being on it this year?"

Do you have trouble comprehending English, or do you like to be the boards buzz kill?
    F**k you beeyotch think of what you say before you even bother posting in ragards to an act that would barely climb the line up ladder as it is if they played the next year. And ya know, you just ended up waltzing into this thread by accident as it is so I can say whatever the hell I want considering its all speculation and for good argument. There have to be a few people who really put it into perspective as it is. Some people make it sound like more of a buzzkill than others, so I am sorry if I pissed into your cup of happy juice ok?

Coachella Junkie shakermaker113's Avatar

Muse going into Radiohead would be cool... although I would be entertained to see a conflict, Muse vs Radiohead, and see who actually showed up for Muse. I don't think they would organize it that way, I just think it would be funny.

also, it'd be very cool since (one of) 2007's lolapalooza headliner would be playing coachella 2008, but not headlining. a bit like the year that Kanye played coachella mid-day but was headlinging lolapalooza. do I have a superiority complex?

anyway, even if this comes from a legitimate source, I'm sure it's more of a wish list/potential acts. it can't be definite yet. this may be next year's lineup in a very early stage, very prone to changes. or it is the most convincing fake we've ever seen. (after all, even the creator of the 2006 fake claimed from the start it was a fake. only nme believed it.)

HOPEFULLY THIS IS REAL.... IF NOT THEN HOPEFULLY SOME OF THOSE ACTS CAN BE PARTIAL TO THE OFFICIAL LIST....

TAKEN BY TREES ---- Victoria Bergsman, ex lead vocalist to the Concretes, new solo project listed..... seems kinda true since her solo demo dropped back in june.....new full album obviously/hopefully in the works.....
    je suis un extraterrestre

the postal service?? I dont believe they have ever done anything live, i believe they are studio only which would be a dead giveaway that this is bullshit. buttt i could be wrong.

nvm. They have. this would be amazing!
    Last edited by daftmonkey64; 09-13-2007 at 03:21 PM.

old school

"And ya know, you just ended up waltzing into this thread by accident"

As opposed to you who...um....oh forget it. It is hard enough trying to read what you are trying to say, I'm just gonna go get high and hopefully forget this conversation ever took place.

I see GoodBooks around town quite a lot, so i'll ask them if they are playing next time.

Kate Nash and Just Jack. The customary shit brit acts are on the line-up, which gives it a hint of authenticity.

Jens Lekman would be a treat.
    Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    well, for all intensive porpoises it is, will sell out within seconds tomorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by korbinn View Post
    It's jsut dawned on me that I'm overly confident and a extremely ocd perfectionist.
    Quote Originally Posted by kroqken View Post
    I don't give a flying fuck about the Kardashians, I doubt they know who Belle and Sebastian are.

Quote Originally Posted by daftmonkey64 View Post
    the postal service?? I dont believe they have ever done anything live, i believe they are studio only which would be a dead giveaway that this is bullshit. buttt i could be wrong. anyone?
    I've seen them live. So, yes, you are wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    well, for all intensive porpoises it is, will sell out within seconds tomorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by korbinn View Post
    It's jsut dawned on me that I'm overly confident and a extremely ocd perfectionist.
    Quote Originally Posted by kroqken View Post
    I don't give a flying fuck about the Kardashians, I doubt they know who Belle and Sebastian are.

Quote Originally Posted by invisiblerobots View Post
    dude!!! this is my friends cat.

Quote Originally Posted by Boourns View Post
    you're going to hell for this. ill laugh all the way there with you.....

If this is fake (which it probably is) but if it is indeed fake, who in their right mind would think to themselves, "Hmmm I'm gonna add Serj Tankian to this poster. That will really get 'em" Besides the fact that it is out this early and the person who posted it seems to be a complete moron, what about it seems unlikely or fake besides what i just stated above? Just looking at the 2nd and 3rd tier bands makes me think that it could be the real deal.

ShyGuy75 can you share some of your smoke with me please?

Well considering that they took the 2003 poster and just did the work on it for starters? Yes the moon is different on each but that can easily be tweaked on photoshop. Name a festival that would list Davie Bowie simply just as ''Bowie''. Sunday is 10 acts short also. A bit electro heavy? And Basement Jaxx would never play second fiddle to the Chemicals.
    Last edited by suprefan; 09-13-2007 at 04:38 PM.

True, the "Bowie" thing is strange but you would think that if someone were going to fake this poster they would get "David Bowie" right. If it's real, maybe Bowie is doing something strange and new and just going by "Bowie" shit he could be billed as Ziggy Stardust if he wanted to. Also why couldn't Basement Jaxx be billed lower than Chems? That could be a hell of a Sahara tent line-up. Plus, obviously they don't have everyone booked yet so being "10 acts short" leaves room for improvement and I am sure when they schedule the thing bands switch days up until the last few weeks before it's revealed..

Also, I'm not saying that this thing is real either, I am just giving it the benefit of the doubt because it makes me smile.

Cut Copy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    At some point in time a man switches from "I'll have what he's having" to "I'll have what I'm having."

Hilarious
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

Yeah, I kind of wonder what could be, but I dont want to. I want some other things on this too but ya know. My thing with Basement and Chems is that they wouldnt be on the same day because Basement could very well headline their own day in Sahara easily. Some other people have stated this too, also there is quite a bit of our greatest demands missing from this as it is. The person who made this knew to not put Boards of Canada and Underworld because if they were on it this would make everyone beg for it to be even more real than people think it should be at this point.

Amneeziac

Quote Originally Posted by suprefan View Post
    Well considering that they took the 2003 poster and just did the work on it for starters? Yes the moon is different on each but that can easily be tweaked on photoshop.
    Heh, I don't think this is the 2003 poster, even with the moon change. I think it's either completely new and this person is crazy ridiculous with Photoshop, or it's a different poster. Maybe even last year's.

...or maybe it's brand new and real. -fingers crossed because of radiohead-

Maybe Underworld just isn't going to play Coachella. Shit, Lolla upped the anti by getting Daft Punk so maybe Lolla has Underworld for next year. There has got to be a reason why they aren't stopping through Chicago on this tour. i know this is all far fetched but shit, anything is possible.

Edit -
    I'd like to also add that I know Coachella had Daft first, but I am just saying that Lolla seems to be really trying to get up there with their acts so maybe they just offered Underworld something insane. Ya never know.

Lolla had to get DP or else there wouldve been no major reason to go on Friday of that festival. Underworld is so in for next year, it will have been 5 years since their 2003 performance and the new record is coming, after that hollywood Bowl performance I would be demanding them as it is. And its fairly easier to ''recycle'' electronic acts because the big names are few and far between so its a bit more acceptable to expect like the Chemicals every couple of years just because. But somebody like Underworld only needs to come back after being away for a while so it becaomse a little more special. There is no reason Coachella and Lolla cant have Underworld next year.

A good fake I must say, but yes, an obvious fake. I would give you more props if you were able to get NME to publish it, a billion blogs, have GV chewing you out, and have it show up as the first image under a 'coachella 2006' (in this case, coachella 2008) google search...heehee.

Quote Originally Posted by babbaloo118 View Post
    hi i'm rachael. i'm not like a coachella "Fan" or anything but my friends dad works for it i think (i don't really know, he schedules concerts and stuff in l.a.) and he gave her this picture i guess. it was on her desk so i think he gave it to her. i took a picture with my phone and its bad quality but i could only take one because after i did i asked her about it and she got all mad and hid it. i tried to take a better one but she wouldnt let me sooo yeah i think its new. anyways enjoy or whatever.

A few things I know about this photo:

1- It hasn't been photoshopped. If is fake then it was created, printed, then taken a picture of.
    2- The blur on the photo seems legit. Everything is blurred at the exact same down and to the left angle. Remember: "down and to the left" "down and to the left".
    3- The blur is too good to have been blurred by hand in photoshop. There is no tool that I know of where you can blur things at a downward angle like that.

But that honor goes to you good sir.

Quote Originally Posted by kingsblend420 View Post
    A few things I know about this photo:

1- It hasn't been photoshopped. If is fake then it was created, printed, then taken a picture of.
    2- The blur on the photo seems legit. Everything is blurred at the exact same down and to the left angle. Remember: "down and to the left" "down and to the left".
    3- The blur is too good to have been blurred by hand in photoshop. There is no tool that I know of where you can blur things at a downward angle like that.

Ummmmm, you are pointing out obvious s**t, hello you photoshop everything THEN PRINT dude. I said this earlier on how they 'took hours to get the right blur on the camera to post this.''

I still don't see how people bought my poster as being real, with that blurry header, and the obvious typos...

I like how Girl Talk is playing again.
    Superfan will be in front of the Fonda masturbating furiously to a photo of him taking a photo of a band. Set is from 8:05 to approximately 8:05:15. Guest list only.

Upcoming Shows: Nocturnal Wonderland Saturday, Cut Chemist/Dj Shadow - Palladium, Massive Attack SB Bowl, Festival Supreme, Coachella 2015