Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: coachella 2008 poster

Default Re: coachella 2008 poster

Quote Originally Posted by ficklecycle View Post
    What about Blur? They should be here since they're reuniting next month.
    Well, 1, because this poster isn't real.

2, because we don't know that yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    I try to be politically pc more than most here: As a dude, anyone who could put a shark up a gals pc body, is pretty creepy, different and interesting. Just saying big time ..... cr****

all i know is if its fake. Its a fuckin amazing fake.

Yeah I can't believe the hoaxer forgot to put Blur on there.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

here's what i could make out of the "poster"

friday:
    bowie
    chemical brothers
    queens of the stone age
    goldfrapp
    the verve
    basement jaxx

saturday:
    radiohead
    broken social scene
    armin van buuren
    aphex twin
    ATB (?)
    the faint

sunday:
    my bloody valentine
    royksopp

..doubt it's legit though..

Well I wouldn't mind David Bowie - Radiohead - My Bloody Valentine. Oh well...
    I try to be politically pc more than most here: As a dude, anyone who could put a shark up a gals pc body, is pretty creepy, different and interesting. Just saying big time ..... cr****

Or Boards of Canada, Armin Van Buren that high as a Sahara headliner is a huge joke. And Underworld, where is Underworld? Also props tochanging the color of the 2003 poster to a dark blue instead of purple, other than that you got it all wrong. Although I love how much work was put into this to try and just make us freak out, which cannot be done since we(board members who made their own fake poster) fooled the rest of the world with the 2006 fake line up already.

Edit: The Mars Volta is on Saturday. Also Muse is on Saturday which is above TMV

the KNIFE (to the left of aphex twin saturday) would be mind blowing in the sahara

Do I see Common?

Which line what day?

Oh this is to fake poster person, good job on probably taking a few hours to get the correct blur to make us work insanly hard on figuring s**t out. I DARE YOU TO POST A CLEAR PICTURE OF WHAT YOU WANTED EVERYONE TO FREAK OUT ABOUT.

i thought i saw Common too...Saturday under broken social scene, but i wasn't sure

Common is 2nd line Saturday. Would be cool.

Common is dope. New album, makes sense.

Endearingly Dislikable RotationSlimWang's Avatar

Supre dares you. Make it a double dog dare, burrito, that'll fucking learn 'em to bust your tomatah.
    Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    Hannah, I don't know that pigs have big weiners, and my early 20's facination with dogs because of weiner size, I think. If that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by suprefan View Post
    Also props tochanging the color of the 2003 poster to a dark blue instead of purple, other than that you got it all wrong. Although I love how much work was put into this to try and just make us freak out, which cannot be done since we(board members who made their own fake poster) fooled the rest of the world with the 2006 fake line up already.
    WAY different from the '03 poster. Look at the mountain range, the moon, the grass. Unless this person photoshopped the fuck of it, which yeah it probably was.

you people are mean. i dunno how nasty it gets but i stopped reading after that person said the f word. i try and be nice and take like 15 mins signing up for this site and that happens wow. but i'm sleeping over at her house tomorrow soo i think i'll try and take another picture or something. or i'll take a lot since you people are crazy. i dont like people calling me a liar sooo stop it please and thank you. good night.

Had I released this prank, I would have at LEAST waited to post it in December.

haha fun stuff is that Muse on saturday right before BSS?
    The White Stripes 9/18

Quote Originally Posted by Alchemy View Post
    Had I released this prank, I would have at LEAST waited to post it in December.
    I was thinking that man if this person would have waited until January or late December she would have had us really worked into a frenzy.
    The White Stripes 9/18

Now that I look at the other posters and this psuedo-poster. Yeah... That is some great photoshop work on the poster. It almost makes me want to believe that its true.

Quote Originally Posted by babbaloo118 View Post
    you people are mean. i dunno how nasty it gets but i stopped reading after that person said the f word. i try and be nice and take like 15 mins signing up for this site and that happens wow. but i'm sleeping over at her house tomorrow soo i think i'll try and take another picture or something. or i'll take a lot since you people are crazy. i dont like people calling me a liar sooo stop it please and thank you. good night.
    haha boohoo! how old do you think this person is?

Quote Originally Posted by babbaloo118 View Post
    Trust me, you are reading every response and hoping somebody believes it, also hoping somebody leaks this to NME so they go crazy and make the front page of any online music site. thats what you are hoping, its not working. And did you really honestly, genuinely think that we would think this is true? Like I said, post a clear photo, you have one since this is all of your doing. Have some balls and accept that you didn;t get what you wanted out of us.(if you even have balls that is.)

Quote Originally Posted by daftmonkey64 View Post
    WAY different from the '03 poster. Look at the mountain range, the moon, the grass. Unless this person photoshopped the fuck of it, which yeah it probably was.

Its modeled after the 2003 one hows that? It was very photoshopped from the begining and you know it. I wonder how many layers were made for this.

Edit: I think this is somebody from the board as an alias, there is somebody on here who I know uses tinypic as their url link to post photos. I just cant remember who though. Erik, IP trace please?
    Last edited by suprefan; 09-12-2007 at 08:49 PM.

Coachella Junkie shakermaker113's Avatar

it looks very convincing, and I like the poster design. I'd be a little upset if the lineup leaked this early on though. it'd be like, as a kid knowing what I was getting for christmas ahead of time would've spoiled it so.

and if this is real, babbaloo's friend is in some shit.

also, I am entertained by the way that the history of fakes has caused instant disbelief. even if this were real none of us would believe it.
    Last edited by shakermaker113; 09-12-2007 at 08:54 PM.

Not at this point, and no way is a lineup finalized this early in its entirety. If it were, GV has an insane amount of pull to have every band have to plan a tour or just their schedules around that weekend 9 months in advance. So where is the stagecoach line up? See, that prank could be pulled on that board and all of them would believe it, it would be all over the country music blogs and sites in an instant.

I see Aesop Rock and the Black Lips on Sunday.

Why would they actually design a poster 8 months in advance, if they're not going to release it for 5 months?
    It's not like it's the most important part of the festival. Do you really think they'd base the lineup on how many bands they can fit on a line?
    I understand wishfull thinking but anyone who thinks that's real needs their head examined.

Coachella Junkie shakermaker113's Avatar

yeah it does seem far too soon. I recall when they announced the dates last year -- late november -- the organizers were quoted as saying they had about 2/3 of the acts booked. so this is far too soon.

it could be a draft. bands they're trying/hoping to get. those lists must exist. but why would they make a poster for a draft?

Quote Originally Posted by daftmonkey64 View Post
    is that the Verve under Bowie? bullshit
    they are back together - even though this "poster" is bogus beyond belief.
    The Glitter Freeze

Coachella 99-10 Vet, the run has ended in 2011

Crystal Castles 3rd line Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by suprefan View Post
    Crystal Castles 3rd line Saturday.
    Makes sense.

I agree, it's an alias. "F word"? Come fucking on.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths