Thread: Job Offer

Default Job Offer

This is for Tucson/Phx peeps. I need a new assistant. Not like desperately or anything but getting there. I can start you at $13.50 an hour, with potential raises every six months or so, based on performance. It's not a great salary, but it's pretty good for the area. I'll also give you a cell phone with the opportunity to upgrade to a Blackberry based on performance and the time you spend working for me. You must be able to type, answer phones, think on your feet, and be computer literate, internet and otherwise. You don't have to be like a genius or anything, but I would expect at least a basic familiarity with making spreadsheets, creating zip files, etc. Don't bother applying if you can't work a PC basically. Fringe benefits include medical, 401K dollar for dollar, your own office, use of company vehicles or paid travel if I need you to go somewhere for me and you take your own vehicle, business lunches at quality establishments, the opportunity to get ahead rather quickly in a growing company, and most importantly, the opportunity to learn the ins and outs of a dynamic business from an actual professional, namely myself. This may be more valuable to you than you might think. I hustled to get where I am and I can show you how to do the same. The only caveat is that you have to actually work if you work for me. I don't fuck around and I would expect the same out of you. Get your work done and then I don't care what you do. Surf the internet, get your hair did, whatever. Just take care of business first.

EOE, position open to anyone, regardless of race or sex. And it's going on Monster tomorrow, so act fast. I just wanted to offer it to my Coachella peeps first. PM me if you're interested. Also experience isn't as important to me as your desire is. I can train almost anyone who is willing to learn. But don't waste my fucking time. Show me what you got and that you're serious and I'll bring you up. Not even necessarily with just this company either. I've got contacts and I've got a network and I've got former employees of mine working all over the goddamned place. Just show up hungry, show up for real, and I'll see what I can do for you. Srsly.

Okay that's it. Peace. Thanks.

Default Re: Job Offer

My boss doesn't swear. Srsly.
    Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    You shouldn't feel uncool for not going to EDC, you should feel uncool because you are uncool.

French Benefits? I'm in!!

OUTKAST 2014
    it's finally happening

Röyksopp, FC Kahuna, Télépopmusik, The Knife, RJD2, Futue Sound of London, The Avalanches, 808 State, Zero 7, Tycho, Mr. Scruff

Endearingly Dislikable RotationSlimWang's Avatar

Mauve, I'm offended by your taking the Lord's name in vain. If you're as sensitive as you claim please apologize.

Also, you forgot to mention the porking benefits.

13.50 though? Nevermind--I wouldn't take that job with DOUBLE porkage.
    Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    Hannah, I don't know that pigs have big weiners, and my early 20's facination with dogs because of weiner size, I think. If that helps.

try home depot parking lot
    You shouldn't feel uncool for not going to EDC, you should feel uncool because you are uncool.

Wait--Mauve should try it for an assistant or I should try it for porkage?

I'm confused.
    Hannah, I don't know that pigs have big weiners, and my early 20's facination with dogs because of weiner size, I think. If that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by gaypalmsprings View Post
    My boss doesn't swear. Srsly.
    I really don't either, my homey. But sometimes you just gotta let the kids know you mean business. It's the only language a lot of them understand.

This is also a pretty good gig for someone just starting out. Esp in this market. I'm not talking to the majority of you. But thanks for the input.
    Last edited by mob roulette; 09-10-2007 at 02:55 PM.

... "homey?" Clearly you never took an ebonics phonics course, did you? Try EboniPhonics, they're great.

Quote Originally Posted by mob roulette View Post
    This is for Tucson/Phx peeps. I need a new assistant. Not like desperately or anything but getting there. I can start you at $13.50 an hour, with potential raises every six months or so, based on performance. It's not a great salary, but it's pretty good for the area. I'll also give you a cell phone with the opportunity to upgrade to a Blackberry based on performance and the time you spend working for me. You must be able to type, answer phones, think on your feet, and be computer literate, internet and otherwise. You don't have to be like a genius or anything, but I would expect at least a basic familiarity with making spreadsheets, creating zip files, etc. Don't bother applying if you can't work a PC basically. Fringe benefits include medical, 401K dollar for dollar, your own office, use of company vehicles or paid travel if I need you to go somewhere for me and you take your own vehicle, business lunches at quality establishments, the opportunity to get ahead rather quickly in a growing company, and most importantly, the opportunity to learn the ins and outs of a dynamic business from an actual professional, namely myself. This may be more valuable to you than you might think. I hustled to get where I am and I can show you how to do the same. The only caveat is that you have to actually work if you work for me. I don't fuck around and I would expect the same out of you. Get your work done and then I don't care what you do. Surf the internet, get your hair did, whatever. Just take care of business first.

EOE, position open to anyone, regardless of race or sex. And it's going on Monster tomorrow, so act fast. I just wanted to offer it to my Coachella peeps first. PM me if you're interested. Also experience isn't as important to me as your desire is. I can train almost anyone who is willing to learn. But don't waste my fucking time. Show me what you got and that you're serious and I'll bring you up. Not even necessarily with just this company either. I've got contacts and I've got a network and I've got former employees of mine working all over the goddamned place. Just show up hungry, show up for real, and I'll see what I can do for you. Srsly.

Okay that's it. Peace. Thanks.
    I appreciate the candor spoken in this posting. Companies would be more productive if people were able to communicate with one another this openly. I'm sure you have plenty to offer in terms of mentoring. Hope you find the right person.
    Whiskey Sour

2 oz blended whiskey
    Juice of 1/2 lemon
    1/2 tsp powdered sugar
    1 cherry
    1/2 slice lemon

Shake blended whiskey, juice of lemon, and powdered sugar with ice and strain into a whiskey sour glass. Decorate with the half-slice of lemon, top with the cherry, and serve.

I'd get out the city boss and do anything for a green card! I'd cut him up real good.

My last boss cussed up a storm.. then again i worked in a bar.

OUTKAST 2014
    it's finally happening

Röyksopp, FC Kahuna, Télépopmusik, The Knife, RJD2, Futue Sound of London, The Avalanches, 808 State, Zero 7, Tycho, Mr. Scruff

Banned

If I was 21 again and did not have a job I would take you up on this in a heartbeat. Shit even if I was outta work I would work for Mob. A boss that gets his shit done and fucks around on the coachella message board. Hell yes.

grow pot...
    looking to purchase:big brother skateboarding magazine back issues. travis bean tb1000s electric guitars.

some guy just got busted up here for 12,000 plants

dont let that discourage you...
    looking to purchase:big brother skateboarding magazine back issues. travis bean tb1000s electric guitars.

but really, i know computer and web stuff, i'm sure I could be useful some how

.................................................. ..............
    She added the phrase "meany head" to my profile.
    I hardly think I'm an attention whore.
    I train birds of prey and am I licensed falconer

A. What is this fast and growing business/industry?
    B. Monster? Really? So you are paying $350 for a job posting? I would have posted it for free on Craigslist and gotten double the responses.
    C. What is the name of this company/your company?

gaypalmsprings, how do you do it?

Quote Originally Posted by gaypalmsprings View Post

I think this post is way past cool .... thru the time at my work, I hired around 8 people, and half are gone, and half are equal to me or big deal managers .... just goes to show I have good judgement .. I always wanted to do a good job, have enough money to pay my bills and do my love: media ... music, movies, all of that ... I didn't care about some of the normal things like a title of Director, or the biggest home on the block ... .. and for me anyway, my choice was right on, .... I am pretty kicked back, but a lot of the reason is

I cant complain about my life ...it's been pretty fucking good ..

cr****
    Have Another Hit Of Colorado Sunshine