Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Anyone watching UFC right now?

Default Re: Anyone watching UFC right now?

yeah, i saw affliction. now THAT!, was some crap ass production. the volume was going down, then back up again. it was quiet at times, people getting cut off or you could hear them when you weren't supposed to. did you see them cut to the guy getting his make-up then they cut back? hahahaha.

anyway, the fights were pretty alright. arlovski looks like he's back in the swing of things. im really glad Fedor stuck it to Silvia. that guy is way over rated and fucking boring as a fighter. his first several fights were cool, but ever since he got the belt back, forget it.

sanchez vs. koscheck 2, hell yeah. dieago should have whooped him the first time. but you gotta give it to kos, he was taggin diego with them strikes. diesgo shouldnt have even taken the fight if he had a staph infection, i hate when fighters say they arent making an excuse, but do. dont fight, ill have much more respect for you. but thats just me.

old school

I didn't notice many of those problems. I was tivo'ing through all the b.s. Affliction's second show looks to be off to a good start. Arlovski v. Fedor.
    Lick an orange, it tastes like an orange. Lick a pineapple, it tastes like a pineapple. Go ahead, try it. Try some more. The strawberries taste like strawberries. The snozzberries taste like snozzberries! We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams. Come along, come along.

they should work up to another title fight. do they even have that many people signed to make another good card? i dont think ill pay for it again for a while. they didint even show any under card fights. they had a five hour slot and they didnt do shit with it. ill just torrent it or something. get it from a friend.

arlovski's gonna get laid out.

do you think Couture would have a chance? maybe like 2 years ago, i dont know bout now though. im sure he's training, but thats a lot different than fighting.

i was reading some shit and saw that Rich Franklin is moving up to 205. I remember i had heard something about that a while ago. i forgot though. when i read it the other day i just started laughing. I think Anderson has a big chance of dominating 205 as well. whats Franklin gonna do if he does??? hahahaha. thats sucks man, i like the guy.

old school

Quote Originally Posted by marooko View Post
    they should work up to another title fight. do they even have that many people signed to make another good card? i dont think ill pay for it again for a while. they didint even show any under card fights. they had a five hour slot and they didnt do shit with it. ill just torrent it or something. get it from a friend.

arlovski's gonna get laid out.

do you think Couture would have a chance? maybe like 2 years ago, i dont know bout now though. im sure he's training, but thats a lot different than fighting.

i was reading some shit and saw that Rich Franklin is moving up to 205. I remember i had heard something about that a while ago. i forgot though. when i read it the other day i just started laughing. I think Anderson has a big chance of dominating 205 as well. whats Franklin gonna do if he does??? hahahaha. thats sucks man, i like the guy.
    What are you speaking on? Affliction had a three hour slot, and it was filled with fight after fight. They showed the undercard for free on FoxSports. As far as getting fighters goes, you have to let go of the thinking that this sport revolves around the UFC. There are tons of fighters out there itching to fight. Good fighters too. Not the scrubs you see on the ultimate fighter.

I think Randy would have a chance just because he is such a smart fighter, and doesn't seem to age. The layoff would hurt him though against someone like Fedor, so you are probably right.

Silva isn't moving up to 205. I thought it was just a one time deal to get people off Affliction. Although as fighters get older, they tend to move up. As long as he has the 185 pound title, he is not going anywhere. It would kill the belt at that division if he did.
    Lick an orange, it tastes like an orange. Lick a pineapple, it tastes like a pineapple. Go ahead, try it. Try some more. The strawberries taste like strawberries. The snozzberries taste like snozzberries! We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams. Come along, come along.

while watching it (affliction), the the guide showed a five hour slot. im pretty upset that i didn't know the under card fights where shown elsewhere.

i know mma doesn't revolve around the UFC, but you cant deny the fact that they're the most dominant force at the moment. there are many other fighters out there that need to be seen.

im still waiting for Loazo to come back in to the spot light. from what ive heard, he hasnt been doing very well. i saw yves edwards get put down a little while ago, that was upsetting. some of the guys in WEC are pretty awesome as well(i know zuffa owns them as well.) ive been wanting to watch some dream events also, thing is, this shit is getting expensive now. they need an mma channel you can buy and get all this shit. i might actually buy in.

i was just assuming they would throw money at him to fight in both weight classes. it would make for good ratings to have a guy dominating 2 classes. but i dont think he would leave the 185 division.

Couture is a very smart fighter, that would definitely be his edge. but yeah, the ring rust could get him hurt.

that is the absolute worst fucking performance ive seen by nick diaz. and these bum fucking announcers saying thats why mixed martial arts is growing so fast. that was not fucking MMA, that was a lame ass street fight. i cant believe the skill that guy possesses and the attitude he puts forth. im disgusted to be watching this freaking mess. elite xc is a fucking joke as well promoting the shit of an event. if this is what elite xc thinks mma is, im very hesitant to watch it again.

Hippie

WWE is much more entertaining because it's completely fake and scripted, like a good film. UFC is two guys on top of each other ... gay

tomorrow night bitches. im going with...

GSP over Fitch
    Florian over Huerta
    Lesnar over hearing
    Kongo over Evensen
    Gamburyan over Emerson
    Maia over MacDonald

those are the ones im looking forward to watch.

oh and i would also like Cummo to win. couple of those are undercards, so, not sure if they'll show them.

tomorrow night bitches. im going with...

GSP over Fitch
    Florian over Huerta
    Lesnar over hearing
    Kongo over Evensen
    Gamburyan over Emerson
    Maia over MacDonald

those are the ones im looking forward to watch.

oh and i would also like Cummo to win. couple of those are undercards, so, not sure if they'll show them.

WOW, I honestly am pulling for every person you predict to lose, nothing personal...

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Dylanja View Post
    WOW, I honestly am pulling for every person you predict to lose, nothing personal...
    we should have bet.

pretty enjoyable fights. Fitch is a fucking savage. I thought he was gonna get put out a couple times, but nope, dude just keeps coming.

as bad as this guy looks, he gave one of the best performances i've seen in the ring. this guy showed more heart and determination than anyone in that ring. yeah he lost, but i think he'll be back .....soon.

Im watching the fight right now but damn fitch looks pretty bad in that picture

hope i didnt spoil it for ya. he did a pretty good job and has lots of potential, GSP is just on a different level right now.

nah thats cool. I already knew GSP had won but Fitch is taking some pretty bad shots. That guy is tough

So I guess BJ is going to step up and fight GSP

Guess Couture realized he doesn't have enough money to fight Zuffa. Whatever it was, I'm glad he's back and glad they're looking to get Emelianenko as well.

Also, I'm planning on going to UFC 93 to watch GSP take out BJ. I'm pretty stoked about that as well.

http://sherdog.com/news/news/couture...ufc-fold-14261

Tuesday, September 02, 2008
    by Sherdog.com Staff

Six-time UFC champion Randy Couture (Pictures) will return to the Octagon this November, ending an 11-month legal battle with the promotion he’s called his home for the last 11 years.

As part of a new three-fight contract with Zuffa LLC, parent company to the UFC, Couture (16-8) will face Brock Lesnar (Pictures) (2-1) at UFC 91 on Nov. 15 at the MGM Grand Arena in Las Vegas. The bout will be waged over five rounds for Couture’s heavyweight championship title.

“As you all know, we’ve had problems with Randy over the last few months, but we’ve got them all worked out now. Randy has always been our heavyweight champion,” said UFC President Dana White.

A previously announced bout between UFC interim heavyweight champion Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira (Pictures) and Frank Mir (Pictures) scheduled for December will determine the next contender for the UFC heavyweight crown, said White. White described the scenario as a “heavyweight tournament.”

Under the new agreement, the UFC will also attempt to lock down a bout between Couture and No. 1 ranked heavyweight Fedor Emelianenko (Pictures) in 2009. The highly anticipated bout has been heralded as the fight of the decade.

We’re gonna do everything we can to make that fight happen,” said White. “Emelianenko’s under another contract right now to another promotion and if we can work it out with the other promotion we will, but we’re not going to screw around with another contract.”

It is believed Emelianenko recently signed an exclusive U.S. contract with the rival promotion Affliction Entertainment. It is not known how many fights Emelianenko has committed to. White said he would not be open to a co-promotion effort with the rival organization.

“I think a lot of compromises were made on both sides,” said Couture, “but we’re both ready to try and move forward. We’ve cleared the air and we’re both in different places than we were a year ago. Sitting last year in legal fights was not something I’ve enjoyed.”

Couture’s abrupt departure from the UFC last October dealt a significant blow to the world’s most visible MMA promotion. Zuffa’s inability to land Pride heavyweight champion Emelianenko played a prominent role in the Couture’s decision to walk away, as did the fighter’s discontent with his pay and treatment by the Las Vegas-based company.

With his resignation, Couture left behind two contracted bouts, his UFC heavyweight crown, and a separate employment contract for on-air commentary services.

The 45-year-old Couture’s return to the UFC signals the end of arbitration proceedings over the fighter’s promotional contract that were underway in Las Vegas. A separate lawsuit filed last January against Couture for breach of his employment contract has also been squashed.

Couture called his return to the UFC “a step in the right direction” to getting a bout with Emelianenko down the line.

A three-time All-American wrestler at Oklahoma State University, Couture won four national championships in Greco-Roman wrestling and made four attempts at qualifying for the Olympics. He made his MMA debut at UFC 13 on May 13, 1997, where, at age 33, he won its heavyweight tournament.

Over the course of the next decade, Couture emerged as one of the most decorated mixed martial artists in history. The UFC’s only six-time champion, he captured the heavyweight belt three times, the light heavyweight title twice, and an interim light heavyweight title as well. Couture was the first fighter to win UFC championships in two weight classes.

His run through the promotion included a memorable trilogy with light heavyweight rival Chuck Liddell (Pictures), the only opponent to beat Couture twice. Following his third bout with Liddell in February 2006, Couture announced his first retirement. Couture returned in March 2007 to topple 6-foot-8 giant Tim Sylvia (Pictures) for the UFC heavyweight crown.

Couture has not stepped back into the Octagon since his third-round pummeling of Gabriel Gonzaga (Pictures) at UFC 74 in August 2007.

i know theres only a couple of you that watch, where the fuck are you?

can you believe that shit on saturday?!?!?! i wasnt really rooting for anyone in particular in the evans/liddell fight, but holy FUCK, i wasnt expecting what happened.

i read a lot of shit about rashad being lucky, or nicknamed rashad "matt serra" evans. i dont think so. i dont think he's top 10, but that was much more than luck. discuss bitchez!!

buying my tickets for UFC 94 this week. wish me luck. these bitchezzz are hard to get.

2 knock outs and 2 broken bones last night. fucking crazy!!

There's no fights this weekend is there Kooko?

Ha! I've been keeping up with it too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Coyne
    People treat Arcade Fire like they're the greatest thing ever and they get away with it.

sat. night. Ultimate fighter finally.

Quote Originally Posted by sbessiso View Post
    Ha! I've been keeping up with it too.
    You watch UFC! I woulda never guessed.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    The Smiths - makes me think bin Laden has a point.

sat. night. Ultimate fighter finally.

Thought so, it's in Vegas too isn't it? Too fucking bad it's the same night as the show UFC > NIN would've kicked ass!

You watch UFC! I woulda never guessed.
    *giggle*
    Quote Originally Posted by RotationSlimWang View Post
    Say goodbye to that acid, Greg.

old school

From last night

i cant wait for the evans/griffin fight

Quote Originally Posted by ShyGuy75 View Post
    From last night

I can only see the bottom one but that's an OH SNAP if I've ever seen one!!

Quote Originally Posted by ShyGuy75 View Post
    From last night

after going down, he pulled half guard and went for a kimora. fucking savage!!

Quote Originally Posted by leo01g View Post
    i cant wait for the evans/griffin fight
    me either. who you going for?

we're going in jan. to see GSP vs. Penn. im fuckiing excited as hell.

I was watching this one fight a couple days ago, one guy was american the other was some weird european looking monster with actul real-life fangs. The fangs guy completely destroyed the american in like 3 minutes. It was a weak fight, anyone know which one im talking about?
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Coyne
    People treat Arcade Fire like they're the greatest thing ever and they get away with it.